Chapter 14

The white Wolf

Chapter 14


.

After the day before, spent cuddling, comforting each other, they lay on the bed, touching, hugging and kissing each other tirelessly, loving each other with simplicity and plenitude, appreciating the calm of this end of life together and keeping everything to fill their hearts with it so as not to forget anything... before falling asleep...

"Baekhyun Where are you? Where are you my treasure? Are you still alive? Hell, it's my fault" Kai thought to himself as he ran through the forest, away from the city, his father's dogs behind him.

He must manage to reach the lake so that they lose track of him or he is screwed.

He's been hunted since the day he was banished and asked to quickly leave the city.

What good was banishing him if it was to send the dogs after him? He wonders again. His father had definitely lost his mind.

Suddenly, he did not manage to approach the jails, each time he approaches the city, the dogs appear, it is infernal. Yet he has no choice. He can't let Baekhyun down, he has to get in! There's a chance he's still alive, he has to take it, he has to get him out of there!

He goes around a series of trees, a rock, hop! hop! "Run Kai! Those stupid dogs are gaining ground!" He encourages himself, he is at the end of his tether.

Then suddenly, a smell comes to him, a familiar smell... Baekhyun is around, he knows it!

Would he have run away? Was he banned too?

No matter. All that matters is that he is no longer a prisoner, he must find him quickly!

However, he cannot lead the dogs to him. He then decides to make a slight loop to the left. He has to get them away from Baekhyun and once he reaches the lake, he just has to cross it and come out on the other side. Baekhyun's scent is coming from this direction!

"My god I can't wait to see you again...hope you are well..."

He runs, he runs… he sees the grass pass by in a blur and exhaustion blurs his sight. Will he be able to reach the lake and cross it? He doesn't really know. But in his heart, this little happiness of knowing Baekhyun alive makes him put things into perspective. His treasure, his soul mate, is alive and that's all that matters. If he gets caught, he will at least have that satisfaction.

The lake is in sight, a few meters away. Could it be?

But the time to ask himself this question, he does not see a second group of dogs accompanied by riders, who come from his right and it is in a rattle of pain at the level of his side or the fangs of one of the mastiffs cling, that he crashes and rolls on the ground, in the middle of the beach of the lake which he had finally reached.

The other dogs, drooling in their mouths, then reach him in turn and he knows immediately that it is the end of him, when they all jump on him, their fangs lacerating his flesh from all sides.

-Hey…Look who we have here. Then said the king, his father, from the top of his steed adorned with shimmering colors. If I had expected that. It is a filthy beast that we track down and it is another that we find. Were you looking for it? Do you find yourself smelling like the foul-smelling beasts that you are?

Raising his hand, he then gave an order and one of his guards called back the dogs who obeyed in a second, abandoning his bleeding body and retreating behind the group of men on horseback.

"-You can't save him. You will die here as you deserve. Like the dirty being that you are. I hope you rot in hell. You don't deserve paradise, you are too impure. But rejoice all the same, the filthy creature that has defiled and erted you will soon join you there.

He finished by turning away and ordering his men to follow him to continue their original hunt on Baekhyun.

There, Kai would have liked to answer him, to hold him back, but it was only a filthy gurgling that came out of his torn throat and he could only watch him go away, before his eyelids closed.

Opening his eyes several times he is unable to move each time, he no longer has the strength to get up. ''Baekhyun where are you?''

He's having trouble breathing, he's nauseous, he feels like he's leaving, he knows he's going to die here and every time he falls unconscious again, he thinks it's for good... But he wakes up again and he doesn't know if he's in pain anymore. He's gotten to a point where he doesn't care. All he wants to know is, if Baekhyun managed to escape his father. Nothing else matters anymore.

And when he feels himself fading again, a blurry, snow-white figure appears a few feet in front of him.

Very quickly, he then recognizes the form as that of a wolf, a magnificent white wolf like he has never seen and he feels himself smiling as he watches it approach him.

Then the wolf whine as he comes closer... Kai is not afraid... he understood right away...

Baekhyun… he thinks with a heavy heart.

"My God Kai, what did they do to you..." He thinks as he whine more, his muzzle brushing his forehead, before he his injured cheek.

"Honey, you mustn't stay here, it's dangerous... the dogs...

"They are far away, I left them on the other side of the city when I detected your scent in the lake breeze... But you... you have to get up, we have to run...

"No…No Baekhyun I can't, I can't anymore, I…I'm going to die, I know it, I feel it, my strength is leaving me and…What are you doing?" He asks him in thought when Baekhyun lies down next to him, his head facing his, his muzzle brushing his face. You really need to run away, I want you to live.

"I don't want to live without you My Love... Living without you is worse than dying...

"Don't say that please. I want you to live, I want… I want to be able to find you once I am reborn… Please… Promise me that we will always find each other, even in our other lives. Promise me to always love me...

"Will you always love me back?"

Always, I promise never to love anyone but you, my soul will always love only you.

"So I promise, I'll wait for you here as long as it takes...will you come back to me?"

I will come back, for you…I love you Baekhyun…I beg your pardon for leaving you here, alone…in this horrible world…

"I love you too My Love…and don't worry…they'll never get me, I promise you, I'll be waiting for you…you…God…you…you can go in peace…" he whined, a terrible pain in the heart.

Devastated by the pain of his love, but helpless in the face of his imminent death, Kai then stretches his hand towards Baekhyun's head and a black paw enters his field of vision...

Jolting awake to a sitting position, grimacing in horrible pain in his pelvis from his sudden movement, Jongin turned to Baekhyun who had woken up at the same time as him, his eyes misty from the memory they just shared.

"-I was under the same curse as you?" I was a wolf too?

"-Yes...didn't you figure that out yet?"

"-No ! No, I was totally unaware of that detail.

"-I found out when I found you... To them we were filthy beasts...

"-But I'm dead...so you...can you die?"

-Yes, the curse makes me eternal, but not immortal. I'm just frozen in time...I don't age, but I can die...

"-

"-What ? what are you worried about?

"-Promise me to be careful when I'm gone...I'm afraid for you...

"-Afraid of what ?

-From everything, from this horrible world in which I am going to abandon you…

And Baekhyun smiled despite everything.

"-What makes you smile?"

"-You...you're still the same..." He said before straightening up and hugging him, kissing him deeply and lovingly, sighing in happiness as Jongin pulled him back down and rolled over him to claim that crazy kiss.

Kai… Jongin… there was no difference.

.../...

___________________________________________________

A little autor's note ^^ : 

We are approaching the end, that of Jongin, but also that of the story itself. I hope you had a good trip with us :-)
I hope you like this story, your silence really makes me doubt. I imagine that my translation must not be perfect, but I hope that it remains understandable ^^' As you don't tell me anything, I remain in doubt.
I'm going finish this story, but, I don't know if I'll post anything else.  I have a lot of KaiBaek stories, but if you're not interested, I won't do the translation process anymore, you can imagine ^^'
In any case, I hope this chapter has you more. There are two left, I think to translate them and publish them very soon, to get it over with.
Thanks for reading me so far ^^ Especially RoyalKaiBaekLove
 <3