Chapter 10

The white Wolf

Chapter 10


A moment of silence in the present of waking up, then ...

"-Do you understand now why I thought men couldn't see me without my fur ?" Baekhyun said, as they both opened their eyes to the morning.

-He presumed his powers over several centuries. But maybe it was at first, because you still can't doubt its magic for a second, since the fur actually turns you into a wolf.

"-That's what I also tell myself now… the enchantment on me must have faded over time, but not that of the fur… An enchanted fur must remain so indefinitely, like the magic of a stone or of a book.

"-Maybe… but hey, he mustn't have imagined that you would still be alive three hundred years later. It was clearly expected that you would die that day during this hunt.

"-Sure, yes ... that white fur was easy to track down.

"-In any case it should have been ... However, they forgot to take into account your intelligence mingled with that of the wolf itself ... an explosive cocktail of knowledge and cunning ... But finaly ... that promise you made to each other… that was before?

" -No after…

Frowning, he stared at the ceiling for a second.

"-How ... after?

"-You fled the city and you were also stalked by the dogs, you did all you could while staying around, I think you were trying to reach me to free me, but they ended up find you and catch up with you and… one of them bit you in the throat… I found you, because my wolf nose smelled your scent and that of blood… and you immediately knew that that white wolf was me, because we heard each other's thoughts… but… I couldn't do anything more to save you, so I stayed with you, until you died.

" -And it's there…

"-That we promised to never stop loving each other and find each other in another life, yes. He said raising his head to look him in the eye.

...

"-I'm the one who has your fur. He confessed suddenly.

" -I know. Baekhyun said with a smile.

Putting a kiss on his lips, he then rested his head on his chest, under his chin, teasing the cotton of his T-shirt.

"-I know since our… meeting." You had my scent on you and once I entered the cabin the smell got stronger, I know it's somewhere between these walls.

" -It is.

"-But why are you telling me that all of a sudden? He said, raising his head again.

"-So that you know it."

"-No that's wrong there is something else, I can hear it in your voice.

"-Baekhyun…

" -Why ?

"-Because I don't want you to live my death again… I want you to leave before."

" -No !

"-I'm not asking your opinion, it's a plea, Baekhyun. I don't want to do this to you again. He said putting his hand on his cheek. I want ... I want today, right now, that you promise me that you will leave when I ask you to.

"-Jongin ...

-Baekhyun promise me. I don't want you to be here when I'm done.

Shaking his head, Baekhyun refused to make that promise to him.

"-I want you to take back your freedom and live your life." Mix with the people and live all the lives you missed waiting for me in these woods, because you thought you were invisible to human beings. I want you to live for me.

"-Jongin no ...

"-You have to ... please.

His face buried in his neck, Baekhyun, crying, breaking his heart, but he still had not given him the answer he wanted ...

" -You promise me ?

And Baekhyun nodded, crying more, as Jongin closed his eyes to his own tears, his hand the back of his head, to soothe him.

...

Then…

"-Put on my fur!" Baekhyun said abruptly sitting up on his knees.

" -What ?

But Baekhyun was already hopping out of bed, sniffing the air.

"-My injuries disappeared instantly when I put it, on the first time!" He said as he sped towards the corner where the cupboard and the boards were which concealed what he was looking for. So it should take care of you too! You just have to transform yourself!

Sitting up slowly and very painfully, with the decoction from the night before visibly no longer working, Jongin sat down on the edge of the bed, following him with his eyes, unresponsive to Baekhyun's hope.

There was nothing he could do, between the temporary improvements and the ephemeral remissions which was only a rest from the disease to resume its progress more beautifully, it had been a long time that he was no longer excited for the slightest hope. He had been disappointed too many times.

Injecting himself a dose of oxycodone, seeing that he had saved the third of the day yesterday, he watched Baekhyun come back to him, plucking his white fur from the backpack where he had hidden it.

"-You will see, you will feel a slight shiver and a strange sensation all over your body, like a touch all over your skin, before you feel like you are shrinking, because you will take the size of a wolf ... don't be afraid, I'm here.

Jongin nodding, Baekhyun then helped him take off his T-shirt and put the wolf fur on his back, his eyes shining with emotion, before giving him a confident smile, which instantly faded when he pulled hood over his head and nothing happened. The fur magic only worked on him alone.

The foretold thrill then came to Jongin anyway, when the grief pierced Baekhyun's heart, who collapsed on his knees before him, crying and he did not know what to say.

...

Removing the fur, he then put it down next to him on the bed and leaned towards Baekhyun to slip his fingers under his chin and lift his head.

"-Don't cry please ... I want to see you smile, I don't want these few days together to be sad, otherwise, it is useless that...

Baekhyun's fingers resting on his mouth prevented him from saying, which he didn't want to hear.

"-Don't say that…" he moaned, getting to his feet.

Jongin also rising, he then cupped his face and wiped the tears covering his face with his thumbs, before placing a kiss on his lips.

"-I should be gone already… every day that I live with you is an extra, it's just a bonus, so you have nothing to blame yourself if there is nothing to do about my approaching end… All you need to tell yourself is that these last days with you have been the happiest days of my life for a long time… and that I want more…

Moved, Baekhyun then snuggled up against him and Jongin hugged him tenderly, his nose buried in his neck.

"-I should tell you to leave now, but I'm too selfish, I want a few more days ...

"-Don't say you're selfish… you have the right… I…

Laying the tips of his fingers on his cheek, Jongin his face delicately and Baekhyun had a violent urge to scream in despair. He didn't want to lose him again!

"-Jongin, I'll be there for you. He promised, wrapping his arms around his neck, as Jongin leaned over him to kiss him.

/…