Chapter 2

The white Wolf

 

Chapter 2

 

.

When he opened his eyes the next morning, after a slightly less painful night than usual, unless it was the distraction of his mind that gave him that impression, Jongin straightened up very slowly.

Then running his hand through his hair, which was too long, but which he didn't want to cut as he hadn't been able to discipline it properly since they'd grown back, he turned, and lowered his legs to the ground, gritting his teeth

He had spent the night dreaming about the wolf… No! Not the wolf… he had dreamed of the faceless young man who was the wolf and he was still confused.

He had an oddly familiar feeling with this creature who, on reflection, must have been the Huaiteu ulpeu, the legendary white wolf his grandfather had told him about, around the fire, during their vigils in these woods. Yes that's it, a feeling of familiarity ... and that feeling continued to trouble him throughout the day.

So in the evening, it was without hesitation that he returned to the lake, hoping to see him again.

He had found a reason to see the rest of his life and that was good motivation, he was excited with anticipation.

Sitting behind the same rock as the day before in anticipation, he waited as the sun set, his head resting against the rock without closing his eyes, lest he fall asleep and miss the creature's arrival.

And when the orange rays of the sun began to spread over the surface of the lake, the same little sound of broken branches and brushed foliage, as the day before, was heard… he had returned.

Observing him, still fascinated, he then watched him perform the same ritual as the day before and saw him again remove his wolf skin, which he placed on the same rock before slipping into the water, his body rippling gracefully until it is totally submerged and begins to sing the same sweet melody.

Resting his head against the rock, Jongin then continued to observe him, letting himself be lulled by his song, the words of which he did not understand because he sang so low. But his voice was enough to soothe him again and he liked to feel that soothing ... Could he die like this if he really let himself go?

.

The days that followed. The pain was more and more unbearable, especially at night. But he didn't want to increase the oxycodone he injected too much to make the pain less, for fear of overdosing or having a fit of some kind, nor did he want to run out of his small supply of ampoules too quickly. Because the last one would mean the end ... his, but above all, there was the young man wolf ... and he weighed heavily in the balance ... he wanted to continue to see him every night of his life or at least until his last dose. … And he couldn't explain why.

When he saw him his heart went crazy. Not to mention the excitement that seized him every night as he hit the road to his vantage point. And those things that throbbed in his stomach as soon as he had it in front of him… this happiness that warmed his whole being as soon as he heard the sound of her voice… could it be possible that he was… fallen in love with it ?

Smiling at the thought, as he sat on the edge of his bed, he looked at his shaking hands and ran them both through his hair.

Then, swallowing hard, he got up to drink and relieve this internal dehydration which had prevented him for months from taking his medications by mouth and had turned the skin of his arms into a strainer ... very often, he did not know where to prick so much his skin ached.

Then looking at the time, Jongin pulled on a large black hooded jacket so he wouldn't be cold like the day before, after the sun had gone down and walked out of the cabin wondering if he could try to approach him.

He had been going to see him every night for a week and approach him, tickled him greatly. What could he do to him the worst? As a human, certainly not much and as a wolf ... devour him? A shiver ran through him… damn it! Why did the thought of having his throat ripped by the creature excited him so much?

And he shook his head as he came near the lake.

...

Settling behind his rock again, however, he thought back to approaching him. This desire to see him up close, to see his face, was so tempting ...

Then another idea sprang up in his mind and he turned his head to the noise in the thickets announcing the arrival of the wolf on the beach.

He watched him then like every night, take off his wolf skin and slide his body into the water, then he didn't know why he was doing that, but the idea seemed so good ...

Rising discreetly, putting his black hood on his head, he retraced his steps, entering the wood bordering the beach of the lake, in order to follow it, as silently as possible and to exit on the other side ... close from the another big boulder ... before stealing his wolf skin and running away with it.

He then got it back to the cabin as quickly as possible, hiding it in an old backpacking bag he had found in a cupboard when he arrived and hiding the bag behind a pile of boards, before returning at full speed near the lake.

Wincing at the pain in his lungs, stomach, throat, all his limbs, which hadn't made that kind of effort for a long time, he then tried to take a calm breath.

Closing his eyes, ears focused on the song of the young man he had just betrayed -such was the sensation he had- he managed to resume his breathing normally, but the pain in his legs and pelvis. made him pay for his wickedness.

Why had he done such a thing to him?

Biting his lip, ashamed, hidden behind his rock, he told himself he was just a bastard, it was too cruel.

But when, gnawed up with devouring remorse, he said to himself that he was going to go back and get the skin, to put it back in its place, it was too late and he could only watch him come out of the water and go towards the rock where his fur was gone.

Rummaging around the boulder first in case it had just slipped, he couldn't find it and from that moment it was quickly panic.

The young man then began to stomp desperately in all directions, , as if crying, searching everywhere, tearing his hair, stomping in the uneven rocks and suddenly, a moan louder than the others, a moaned in pain and the young wolf man collapsed into the rocks, crying.

Hastily, his hood still on his head, Jongin then approached him and the young man who heard him turned to him with a terrified look, before curling up on himself and lowering his head, his hands on his mouth, silent, as if he didn't want to be heard.

Frowning at this strange action, an escape would have made more sense than wanting to be silent, Jongin then slowly approached him.

Then one of the young man's feet slipped from the stone on which it was placed and he could not restrain a complaint as he brought his leg against him.

Looking down at his foot, Jongin then found that he had injured his ankle and blood was trickling down his milky white skin.

-Hey! He whispered to him. You hear me ? You understand me ? Hey ...

Flinching at his voice, the young wolf man then lifted his head slowly, before turning his face to him and Jongin's heart leaped in his chest. He was so beautiful ...

His face was ravaged with tears, pain and panic, but above all with disbelief, but Jongin couldn't help but find it just as beautiful as the rest of himself.

" -You see me ?
he whispered hard, obviously not used to lining up words out loud.

"-Of course I see you.

But reaching out for him, Jongin made him curl up more in fear and bit his lip.

" -Don't be afraid. He told him in a soft voice. You're hurt, look. He continued, showing him his ankle.

The young wolf man moaned again as he looked at his wound and Jongin held out his hand again.

"-Come with me… He said to him in a low voice."

Watching his trembling hand, he then tilted his head, frowning in an attempt to make out his face in the darkness of his hood, then, bringing his nose up to the outstretched hand, he sniffed it briefly, before abruptly straightening up. a furious look on his beautiful face.

Realizing immediately that it was the smell of his skin that must be on his hands, Jongin bit his lip.

Turning his head to the side to give himself a composure at the angry look, he then found himself stuck his nose into the inside of his hood and pulled it off his head, before looking back at the young man.

And his expression changed dramatically.

From the anger imprinted on his features a second ago, his expression instantly changed to something resembling happiness and Jongin was taken aback.

Straightening up immediately, however, he caught his hand still outstretched towards him, letting himself be dragged by limping as much as Jongin to get out of the pile of rocks and when he found himself again with his feet in the grass, the young man threw himself on him, wrapping his arms around his neck, his  body pressed to his, hugging him tightly.

Taken by surprise, Jongin felt his heart skip a beat.

His hands hanging in the air, he didn't know what to do, then straining his ears, he heard his whisper something but what?

"-Kai… Kai… finally…

" -What are you saying ? It's your name ? Is that what your name is? Kai?

The young man raised his head to face him.

"-Kai… He repeated with a magnificent smile of happiness, before rushing to his mouth, to kiss him.

Another failed heartbeat for his surprised, Jongin moved away from his mouth, pushing him with both hands on his shoulders.

"-But what's the matter with you?

The young man's smile faded, his eyes pained.

" -Sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. Jongin said, his heart twisted with pain, by his sad face. But who is Kai? It's you ?

The young man tilted his head to the side.

" -It's you. He said quietly, as if it was painful obvious.

“-No me, I'm Jongin. He corrected.

The other lowered his head, crossing his arms over him with a shudder and Jongin's heart sank. It was his fault that he was cold.

Taking off his hooded jacket, he made him put on without abruptness.

"-Put that on, you're cold. He said, pulling the zipper up and pulling the hood up over his head.

Letting himself be obediently, the young wolf man then took the edges of the hood on either side of his face to bring them up to his nose, inhaling the scent of the garment and Jongin was troubled.

"-Kai…
he whispered, his face reflecting some misunderstanding.

“-No, Jongin! My name is Jongin, not Kai!

The other lowered his head again, wrapping himself in the garment.

" -And you ? What's your name ?

"- ...

../..

 

***********************************************

Hope you like this story :-)

The continuation very quickly !!

And sorry for my english, it's not my language ^^'