I Just Wanna Make You Scream (Pt. 2)

so now im holding this web ..

The other three girls downstairs decided to join them upstairs. Bora spotted her trouble making sister hopping up and down trying to catch the latch that was attached to the ceiling. She figured it was for the attic. Of course, an attic!

“Siyeon let me get on your shoulders!”

“How are you not tall enough, you’re literally SO TALL.” Siyeon grunted as Yoohyeon tried climbing onto her back by throwing her body around her, but being the good friend she was she tried getting the silver haired girl’s legs over her shoulder to boost her up.

In the middle of the ruckus, the taller girl looked over at all the other girls joining them.

“Perfect, everybody is here! Rock, paper scissors in ..” Yoohyeon counted down, “3,2,1 ..”

__________________________

“Why did we even decide to entertain her idea.” Yubin huffed from the bottom.

All seven girls formed a pyramid with the winner Handong on the top trying to unlock and release the latch to the attic, she answered back “Well honestly I knew I was going to win. I always do.

Bora who also was at the bottom could feel Minji’s knee crushing her kidney from the back. Oh lucky Minji, she was the first to lose and Yoohyeon opted to take her place at the bottom instead. Then there was Siyeon in the back incase someone fell outta place as she was the strongest one to catch a fall - but .. literally “nice ” was all she heard the girl say while she was standing at the back instead of offering to take her place as well.

Bora shook her head, “Better be my you’re looking at Lee.”

“Ew gross.” Yoohyeon retorted back.

“Almost got it!” All of a sudden they heard a creak and Handong hopped off pulling the mini staircase with her.

The rest of the pyramid slowly crumbled apart from the sudden loss. Siyeon snatched Gahyeon from falling onto Yubin and Bora. Minji who was balancing on both Bora and Yoohyeon fell completely onto the silver haired girl who somehow maneuvered to brace her from hitting the ground.

“Gotcha” Yoohyeon said underneath her while giving her a cheeky smile just a mere couple inches away from Minji’s face. Minji gave her cheeks a quick squish with a boop on the nose as a thanks before helping her dear landing pad up.

“Bottom of the pyramid, confirmed actual bottoms.” Gahyeon snickered.

“Oh definitely NOT!” Bora said stomping up the steps following Handong up.

“Yeah, she’s just got a good bottom.” Siyeon said right behind the tiny girl.

A collective EW from Gahyeon and Yoohyeon was said aloud again.

“I believe the bottom produces a solid foundation - so no shame there.” Yubin said to herself not completely understanding the context but finding the need to defend herself.

__________________________

The girls entered the attic finding random boxes and a couple weirdly placed mannequins. Handong had seen a large book to the side, she began to flip through it trying to understand its contents.

Yoohyeon found one of those old standing cameras in the corner. “Whoa so cool.” She looked into the camera, when a spider came falling from the ceiling and right in front of it. She accidentally clicked the shutter button out of reflex from being surprised. The camera flashed and took a picture of the spider, which then disappeared.

“Ack why are these things so obsessed with me, what am I the spider queen now?!”

No film came out of the camera, she figured it was probably all out of it. She glanced over towards Minji she was the girl deep in thought. She approached her slowly, “Pennywise for your thoughts?” she said while pointing at Siyeon who was placing a clown wig on Bora while laughing at the expense of the other girl.

The red haired girl hummed, “My grandmother told me a story about a ghost when I was younger. This place just kind of gives me the same feel somehow.”

Yoohyeon stepped closer chuckling, “That’s definitely a different choice of story to tell a child, but tell me more.”

Minji smiled at the thought of it, “Yeah now that I think about it .. Anyways, the gist was that there was once a lonely ghost who couldn’t seem to find it’s way off earth after death. Many others had asked it why, but it couldn’t remember its life before dying. One day the ghost recognized a familiar face, a human one. That’s when it’s memory came rushing in .. it couldn’t leave earth because it regretted never telling the love of their life how they felt. It’s connection still so strong to their other half leaving them in limbo. A higher power came to the ghost and said, you must move on .. you being stuck here will pause all timelines of you two loving each other. You must know that this is the one life where you did not get to fully love each other.”

“That’s so sad, knowing that you were meant to suffer when you were happy in every other life?” Yoohyeon held onto Minji’s hand. “I wouldn’t want that to ever be a possibility, I think if you feel something strong for someone .. you should let them know. You both deserve that.” She smiled looking right into Minji’s eyes, her breath hitched from the sight in front of her. The moonlight shining directly onto the girl she couldn’t seem to stop thinking about. As if the world had created a spotlight for her to recognize what was right there.

Minji recognized the look in Yoohyeon’s eyes and couldn’t seem to look away. She knew that Yoohyeon was hinting at their situation of constantly running in circles with each other. If she was honest it was her who kept pulling back even if she was receiving the other girl’s affection. It was hard for her to give into what she wanted for herself. It also wasn’t fair to the younger girl when all she had ever done was make Minji feel loved.

Yoohyeon could tell the Minji was always hesitant and she respected that. She just wanted to make it clear that regardless of whatever Minji’s decision would be at the end that she put her heart out there for the older one. Yoohyeon had a lot to fight for and she knew with her new responsibilities that the next day was never certain. Except there were some things she knew for sure, that she would always love her sister, friends, her uncle - and that she would feel the same for Minji and it would only grow as the days passed. Even if she met black widow and the scarlet witch .. oof.

“Maybe if the ghost tried in their first life - then it’d be happy.” Minji murmured.

“Maybe they missed their chance .. but I believe you need to seek out and create your own chances too. Sure timing is important, but if you wait for all these signs, you won’t realize all those moments you could have used to build up some courage to make your own chances instead.” Yoohyeon pulled the other girl’s hand up to her heart. “If you’re alive and breathing then there’s always a chance to take.” She smiled and leaned her forehead towards the older girl’s. They stood there in silence letting themselves take in the moment. The fluttering in her heart had only sped up, but she hoped Minji could feel that she was scared of this too. She could only imagine falling to be scary before, but now that she had a web to save her from jumping off a building .. it wasn't so bad. But falling in love? Yeah, there would be no metaphorical web to pick her back up before her heart fell and shattered into pieces. However, instead of cobwebs in her heart, it was full of butterflies and Minji. Oh, Yoohyeon was such a er for the girl in front of her.

Yoohyeon took the palm resting on her heart and kissed it. “Come on, let’s check the rest of this place out. I still need to find a way to scare Bora.” She crinkled her nose playfully.

Minji felt the girl pulling away and decided maybe she would start by taking a small chance. She ran up to the taller girl interlacing their fingers together, she pressed a soft kiss on Yoohyeon’s jaw. She bit her lip nervously and looked at the taller girl who's mouth was opening like a fish who was out of water. Flustered Yooh was one of her favourites, she tucked her head into the silver girl's neck and breathed out, "Sure, wherever you go - I'll always follow."

__________________________

Across the room Yubin witnessed the little cute moment between the two. Looking at Yoohyeon's stupid lovestruck smile on her face made her chuckle. Bringing the girl you like to an actual haunted house? Why couldn't she have just thrown together a scary movie night if she wanted Minji all up in her business like that. She turned around leaving them to continue whatever it was they were doing and found some weird cane with a button clicking it to a smaller size. She began twirling it around when it accidentally hit a cape nearby.

“Hmm probably belonged to some magician ..” She mumbled to herself.

Siyeon was preoccupied with a clown wig and red nose she found, throwing it on she decided to play around. She looked out the window and noticed it was a full moon tonight. She felt her skin crawl, it was like the moon was trying to tell her something important. She just brushed off the feeling.

Bora nearby was passing by a doll sitting down on a rocking chair. She doesn’t know what had compelled her to pick it up and inspect it, but it had a red string tied around its neck.

“AHHH” She screamed and dropped the doll which caused the head to fall off and roll into the darkness.

“Whoa are you okay?!” She felt two arms come around her shoulders and hold her close.

“I swear I saw that dolls head turn towards me?” She sank back into Siyeon’s arms. Siyeon looked down at the headless doll. “It was probably just loose?” She patted the shorter girl's head, “As long as your's is still on, then we’re fine huh!” She pinched Boras frowning cheeks, pushing it into a smile.

Bora turned around and s her arms underneath Siyeon’s jacket, wrapping her up into a hug. “Si, this place is literally giving me the big creeps”

“I promise I’ll be here with you.” She gave a quick peck to the top of her head. “There’s no way the possessed are getting you, you’re mine!” She howled to make the smaller girl laugh.

Bora couldn’t help but giggle, she snatched the red ball off her face and stuffed the clown nose into Siyeon’s mouth to shut her up. “Much better, you look good like that.” She winked at the taller girl and backed away, not knowing she painted the wolf’s cheeks red with that comment.

A muffled “Arf” came from . (However you want me, you got me girl)

__________________________

“Hey guys come here.” Handong called out after getting through more of the book.

“There’s a lot of supernatural and paranormal lore in this book. But the most interesting thing that caught my eye were the ‘seven spirits’. It’s said that mischievous girls from different dimensions came through a red door during a full moon when they sensed some friends to play with on the other side. It’s said that the spirits would turn into another version of the person they were haunting/playing with. Confusing those around them and trying to take over the person they were imitating in order to stay in the real world. Creepy huh.” She recited the text to the girls in awe totally immersed into the story.

Gahyeon began shifting side to side .. seven spirits?! This was weirdly too coincidental with the dollhouse she found earlier in the house. She hated foreseeing this unusual occurrence but she kept to herself not wanting to believe it.

“Alright let’s head down and get some use out of the ouija board Dongie brought!” Yoohyeon chimed in like a puppy who had just remembered about the bone they hid under the couch.

She took Minji’s hand and dragged her back down the stairs excitedly. A small thump and an 'ouch' could be heard before the girls heard the oldest one, "Yoohyeon you're suppose to walk down the steps not stumble down them"

“Why do we follow her?” Bora said exasperated.

“Cause Minji follows her and she's basically the like unofficial leader of this group.” Yubin stated. All the girls started leaving the attic as they found it. Handong opting to leave the entrance open. She thought she heard something click one she headed down, but thought maybe it was her imagination.

Up in the attic the camera had produced a polaroid picture after several minutes. It popped up and instead of a spider, stood a silhouette of woman in it’s place.

Yeah, this was only the beginning.

__________________________

 

Back downstairs they decided to gather around the living room to begin the fun new activity. If you could call it that, but honestly speaking Handong bought this plastic board off some shelf of a toy store with the box holding it with a 13+ and older written on the cover.

“Are we really going to purposely become all those dumb people in horror movies. Cause that’s a pass for me.” Bora threw her body between Siyeon and Gahyeon on the couch. Handong was setting up her board on the coffee table. Yoohyeon brought out a couple flashlights for everyone and a large lamp to place in case of .. electrical interferences. She took a seat on the ground when she felt a hand slip into hers.

“Yoohyeon, don't you think this is a little overkill. I mean we’re in an actual haunted house, waking up some spirits is the last thing we should do.” She placed her head on the silver haired girls shoulder placing her cold hands right into the front pocket of Yoohyeon's hoodie. She felt goosebumps crawl along her arms either from the potential ghosts or maybe the closeness of the girl wrapped around her? She doesn't know. It read about 1am in the morning already. She figured maybe if they got through this they could just call it a night and actually head back home for a good nights rest.

“Let’s just do one last hurrah before we call it a night, besides I don't wanna have to deal with a cranky Bora tomorrow .. she reminds me of a little troll” She answered back tilting the red haired girl's chin up while contorting her face trying to imitate Bora. Unable to hold in her laugh, Minji stole a glance to the older sister who was staring at her them with an offended face. The eldest threw her a thumbs up and turned back to Yoohyeon, "Mmm are you sure that wasn't your face after you ran into the door at work that other time."

Bora's laughed resounded throughout the house. Yoohyeon dropped her jaw in protest, "Wha .. I .. well, are you teaming up with my sister right now?!"

Minji poked at Yoohyeon's stomach from inside the pocket, "Sorry, we oldies gotta stick together. Besides this is your fault." She tilted her head to the table in front.

The board was all set up in the middle. All the girls surrounding it with just a slight interest.

“Okay so like you know from the movies, we all need to hold onto the glass and not let go no matter what until we end the conversation.” Handong said sternly, she turned to the two troublemakers. “AND NO moving it on purpose, got it.”

Two barks from different bodies. “Deal.”

They all came together and placed one finger on the glass. “If anybody is here with us tonight, please let us know.” She said while closing her eyes.

For a moment Siyeon wanted to burst out laughing, until she felt the room drop a couple degrees. She looked over to the glass and still didn't see it moving. That was until she felt a weight fall onto of the glass moving it to ‘YES’.

“WHAT THE HELL.” Yoohyeon said in surprise. She made eye contact with Siyeon who had a pale look on her face. Her hands started feeling itchy, her powers were tingling as if to warn her to get ready .. for what? She wasn’t sure.

“Ah .. you all felt that right?” Handong scanned the room seeing everyone stare back at the board with their mouths open. As the usually calm and collected one, especially the one who brought this board - she didn’t think that anything would have come out of this. Her father was a scientist, therefore she never believed in anything that couldn’t be explained through science. This was starting to irk her - she wasn't going to let some ghosts get the best of her. Not yet at least.

“UH .. if you’re here, please tell us your name.”

The glass began to run the board, M - B - S - H - Y - Y - G then to the number ‘7’.

“This is messed up.” Gahyeon said, remembering her chilling feeling about the seven spirits. This had to be a set up, at this rate she was starting to think Yoohyeon was smarter than she put along. Plus is would make sense why she was so MIA this month, girl was hard to keep track of. Maybe she was planning this all along, she was in cahoots with whoever ran this place.

She turned to Yoohyeon giving her a serious look. “Yooh have you been pulling a fast one on us.”

“I swear it isn't me, I literally signed us up thinking this was a joke!” She said desperately, her spidey sense began flaring up the moment she stepped in the house. But somehow it muted itself in-between until this moment where it was telling her that something was going to happen - and something bad.

She reached out for Minji’s hand and interlaced their fingers. Minji's hands were getting colder, but then coming back to it’s normal warmth. She was starting to feel a little protective of the girl's around her.

“Minj, you okay?” She whispered over to the other girl.

“Huh? Yeah, just feeling a little out of it.” She mumbled back. She began to pull at Yoohyeon’s fingers trying to ground herself.

Handong decided to end it off on one more questions seeing as how it was getting a little spooky, even for herself. “If you have something you would like to say, you can say it now.”

The glass sat still for a couple seconds, the only thing Yoohyeon could hear was the seven heartbeats of her friends before her. Then the glass began to spell out, P-L-A-Y pause G-A-M-E.

“We’re going to say goodbye now.” Handong said in urgency. They all pushed towards ‘BYE

“Well that was chilling and honestly the only chilling I’d want to be doing is back in the comfort of someone else's home .. someone living to be specific.” Yubin said picking up her bag.

“Shall we get going then?”

 

__________________________

 

wowowow, hope yall liked me trying to attemp an actual scary story(?) LOL. Me: would rather have everyone spooked than write jiyoo angst - the real horror story. 

also 'seven spirits' reference, can't wait! ... for the concert, not when the actual spirits come ..

Also thank you to everyone who's been leaving me comments/showing some love, it's awesome to know you guys enjoy what I've been writing so far! Especially since I've just been all over with the story lines and as I will probably get side tracked with many more! So, thank you in advance for sticking with story! 

Alrighties, lets get this spook fest started muahah