now im holding this umbrella .. (suayeon edition)

so now im holding this web ..

Last few minutes of class

Outside the building she could see the dark clouds that had started to close in on her city from earlier that day. Now it was pouring rain, the pitter patter of raindrops almost lulling her to sleep. Quick glance out the window she could see colourful umbrellas scattering all over the campus moving at a fast pace trying to get to wherever their destination was. On the large field she could see the soccer team trying to push through the hard weather that came up suddenly in the middle of their practice.

Can’t imagine having it in me to do that on a day like this.

In the midst of her day dreaming the teacher called out for the class to end. Bora picked up her books and threw them into her bag whilst reaching around trying to find her umbrella.

“Dammit, I didn’t bring my umbrella today.”

She sighed in defeat and eventually convinced herself that running back to her home in the storm would be much better than sticking it out in the library while studying. She was definitely done with thinking about school for the rest of the night.

“Alright class, remember we will be starting group projects for our next class!” Her teacher said before everyone ran out. She walked out of the classroom and into the hallways while checking on any new messages.

*1 new text message from, Tree Bark Bark Im a Puppy*

BOR - RITO!

Just a heads up, I’ll be posted up in the cafe for a while tonight. Got called in last minute, couldn't say no to my extremely cute boss.

Took your umbrella this morning cause my spidey senses told me it was gonna rain today. 

Guessing you forgot your umbrella today .. it’s alright, I know someone who can help you with that my little tweetie bird.

I LOVE UUU SIS, p.s pls be nice.

She read the last part of the msg wondering what it meant. She replied back,

What do you mean you have someone who can help me?

Met a new superhero friend who can control the weather or sumthing, cause they should hurry up .. I’m out of class now.

“Well at least when I get home, my umbrella wont be sitting there mocking me for being stupid.”

She walked towards the entrance of the university and stood by the large window contemplating her terrible decision. I mean the pros outweighed the cons .. kind of? Home was about six blocks away and if she ran maybe she’d just have to be in the rain for 10 minutes? Would she be drenched - yes! Could she possibly catch a cold and die for a whole week before mid terms - yes! Did she care? No, her soul left the moment she enrolled into this hell hole so it was expected that she would suffer.

She opened one of the doors and stepped outside. She was still covered by the small roof on the outside steps. She threw on her hood from her sweater and gripped the straps of her backpack hard.

“THIS !!!” she screamed as she ran down the steps and started running in the direction of her place. She got to the first intersection when the crossing sign held a red blaring hand stopping her from her sprint. She did not account for stop lights, mistake number one.

She tapped her foot impatiently as the rain pelted her small frame. She was about just break down before she realized she couldn't feel her face getting attacked by water.

“What the .. “ she trailed off before she noticed a body hovering right next to her. She looked up and saw an umbrella placed over her head and turned to see the person holding it.

Lee Siyeon, captain of the girls university soccer team. Probably the most intimidating person on campus. Nicknamed “The Wolf” for being one of the toughest players to play the field back in high school.

Right, high school … it was all a blur for Bora, but she did remember the girl in front of her. She was always cute according to her classmates, but after graduation Siyeon went from cute to gorgeous and hot all in one summer. She wouldn’t admit it to anyone though, she knew Yoohyeon was really good friends with the girl. Which was why she never followed her interest in Siyeon, especially since she heard the two barking at each other a couple times when she saw them together. Definitely strange since the wolf like girl was always wearing an intimidating face and was more reserved than her goofball sister. She never formally met the girl as it was usually Yubin who came over to the house more. Siyeon was quite dedicated to soccer and it showed.

“Kim Bora, you looked like a soaked rat screaming and running.” She grunted out.

“What …” Bora looked at her with wide eyes covered in confusion.

“Hmm? Oh, Yoohyeon told me you forgot your umbrella this morning. Then she asked me what time practice finished to see if I could walk you home?” The wolf frowned.

“Really? Huh, that's what her message meant .. Well thanks for finding me?” She said while bumping her shoulder into the taller girl. Siyeon stared at her with cold eyes. She felt herself shiver from the interaction, but also probably because of her soaked hoodie.

“I guess we never were really introduced to each other, I’m Bora as you may know. Sorry I never got a chance to fully introduce myself all these years.” She said sticking her hand out to shake Siyeon's.

“Lee Siyeon, nice to meet you small Kim. Here hold my umbrella for a sec.” She placed the handle of the umbrella into the open hand. Bora looked at the girl confused but did so, as the other began to shrug off her jacket that was sporting the school’s logo in the front and in big letters “LEE” with the number 7 on the back.

“Here wear my jacket, yours is soaked.” She took the umbrella back into her hand and held out her jacket.

A blush came over Bora’s face, who was this girl just swooping in and saving her from the rain while offering her jacket to a “soaked rat.”

“What?! No, it’s fine I mean - I can survive!” She sputtered confused.

“You’re going to get sick and it’s a bit of a walk back to your house” The taller girl said as she fixed her bangs from sticking to her forehead.

“You’re walking me all the way home?!” Bora screamed. Her voice amplified underneath the umbrella.

“YAH!” She said while checking to see if her ears were bleeding from the tiny air horn like person. “Of course, I can’t let you go home in this storm .. with your size you might fall into a puddle and not be able to swim back up.” Siyeon said with a little playful glint in her eyes. “Plus it’s my fault Yoohie is at the cafe today, practice ended up being a big slip and slide and it would have been best to not go into work soaked … so I owe her one.” She said in thought before continuing, “Well actually I do cover a lot of her shifts too, she’s kind of been MIA recently.”

Bora eyed her and stuck her tongue out for her earlier remark. “Sorry about Yoohyeon, she’s been .. busy with things. Very unexplainable events that definitely come from out of nowhere ...”

Siyeon nodded her head in understanding. “It’s a good thing everyone loves her, especially her boss.” She snickered to herself.

Bora threw her head back in laughter. “Quite obvious.”

She removed her backpack and was going to place it on the ground before she removed her sweater, when the soccer player picked it from her hands and slung it onto her back while swinging her duffle bag to her side.

“Besides, it’s about time we actually say more than a few words to each other. I only know you as Yoohyeon’s beautiful older and much talented sister.”

Bora was stunned by the comment she received but thanked her and took off her wet sweater, she then zipped up the soccer player’s jacket. “Good to know Yoohyeon’s friends have good taste, I’ll admit maybe when you aren't barking .. you could be cute” she quipped back, not wanting to back down from receiving an extremely flattering compliment.

The jacket was a bit large on her smaller frame, but extremely warm and water proof. She wrung out the damp clothing and folded it up.

“Here give me your sweater, I can put it with my wet clothes from practice - don't want your $1,701.13 worth of textbooks to get damaged.” The girl said quietly while grabbing the sweater and throwing it into her duffel.

“Are you even real?” Bora said in disbelief. Who would have thought the scary Lee Siyeon was an angel in disguise.

She reached out to grab her backpack off the taller girl, when she felt a hand on the small of her back gently pushing her forwards prompting her to start walking. The crosswalk had started the countdown for them to cross the street. She began to walk with the girl under the umbrella, hoping to not get left behind.

“Hey at least let me carry my own backpack, you’re probably exhausted from practice” Bora whispered from shyness.

“Hmm, it’s no big deal. Workout doesn't stop till I reach home.” Siyeon looked ahead of them while a smirk found its way on her face.

“Plus .. you look better with my name on your back than this bag.”

Bora felt all the blood in her body go to her face. Was she hallucinating? Maybe when she sprinted down the stairs she accidentally fell and slipped onto her head. This was all a dream right now.

She slapped herself in the face, “WAKE UP KIM BORA!”

Siyeon looked over to the shorter girl and muttered under her breath, “You two are really related huh? Strange for sure.” She took the hand Bora used to slap herself and intertwined their arms together while using the same arm to hold the umbrella.

“So you don't smack yourself again .. unless you’re into that - ha, wouldn't be surprised you're an aggressive little one.” Siyeon laughed to herself.

She blushed, since when was she this much of a mess. Yoohyeon was really starting to rub off on her and not with the good family traits.

Bora noticed they were about 4 blocks away from home. They would be passing her favourite small restaurant soon. The one that would save her from her poor food choices as a university student on the days where she had nothing at home. She figured the younger girl would be hungry after such a gruelling practice. Maybe I can repay her back by getting us dinner! she could be thoughtful too.

“Hey, are you hungry? Do you wanna pickup some take out before we head back?”

The younger girl looked at her and shook her head excitedly to the point where her tongue poked out of . “YES, good thinking. I’m starving.” She gave the older girl a huge smile.

Bora giggled at the younger girl who went from scary to cute in a second. She’s quite charming. They walked a little more and Bora turned down the alley.

“Okay I know we just met however luring me into an unknown alley .. a little scary? Unless you plan on using my body as the take out - you could’ve just said you wanted to eat me.”

“YAH - what is wrong with you - you coconut head haired ert.” She smacked the taller girl. “This is my favourite place to eat okay!” They came to a halt in front of a small restaurant hidden under a red awning. From the outside it definitely did not seem like much, but walking inside ..

“Mmm smells delicious” The younger one said. They walked up to the from counter and Bora flashed a smile at the lady she grew to love like a grandmother. Her uncle had shown her this place when Bora needed a pick me up after a tough day. He said the cooking here would definitely put a smile on her face.

“Auntie, how are you today!” she came in giving the older lady a quick hug.

“Good Bora, now that I’ve heard my favourite little birdie sing!” The woman tapped the tip of Bora’s nose in a loving manner, then turned to Siyeon with a fond look on her face. “Ah and who is this handsome friend of yours! Hopefully someone very special in your life.” She squished Boras cheeks. “I approve of this one. I think she will bring you exactly what you’re looking for my child” She smiled at the taller girl giving her a wink while mouthing, “Please she needs someone.

“Huh .. oh - uh, this is Lee Siyeon she’s - “ Bora stuttered.

“Hello, you can call me Singie! As you can tell Bora has great taste in food and people. So, I can’t wait to taste your food here. It smells amazing .. I can only deduct the cook is quite amazing herself as well” Siyeon bowed to the older lady giving her a killer smile.

“SINGIE” A loud voice came barging from somewhere inside the restaurant. Bora and Siyeon felt themselves being crushed into a bear like hug. Little did they know there was an un expecting girl who saw them stroll in and heard the whole conversation.

“WAH, unnie you didn't tell me Sua was your girlfriend. Wow, cute!!! She’s so small in your jacket. AH you two look so good together, I can’t believe you didn't tell me such important news.” the tiny girl was in a fit of shock and continued spitting out random compliments.

“Gah, chill” The wolf deadpanned while holding the bouncing girl by the shoulders.

“Kim Bora, this is Gahyeon … basically like my little sister unless she decides to keep talking then maybe -”

“Pfft, no need for introductions with my future sister in law! We’ve known each other for a while now! Right Bora” Gahyeon said as she linked arms with the equally smaller girl.

Bora knew the smaller Lee from doing interviews with her for the school’s newspaper. Bora aka Sua, took part in the dance team since high school leading them as captain. The tiny pink haired girl had a lot of spunk and wasn’t afraid to put herself out there as a journalist. She reminded Bora a lot of herself.

“Wow after years of pining about her, you finally got the balls to get your girl. I’m proud of you Big Lee, but more importantly Yoohyeonnie owes me. She didn’t even consider Bora being your type cause in her words ‘Ew my sister is so gross’.” Gahyeon rambled.

Siyeon stood there with the vein in her neck about to burst from all the blood going to her face. Okay maybe she had a crush on Bora since forever now? That didn’t mean that the little one could just betray her like this. She looked over to the older girl who put a hand up to to stop herself from laughing at everything. Yeah, it was definitely time to leave.

Siyeon grabbed the food on the counter and Bora’s hand and dragged her out of the restaurant. While she could hear Gahyeon’s voice faintly disappear behind them. Popping open the umbrella she balanced everything in her other hand.

“So, like you’ve been ‘pining for me’? Really good information to know, seeing as how you totally didn't deny to her that I was your ‘girlfriend’.”

Siyeon took a quick glance beside her and saw Bora’s face in full grin.

“Hey, I didn't account for Gahyeon to ruin my amazing plan of sweeping you off your wet feet.” She chuckled. “I guess it’s too late to play the charming and mysterious wolf card? I mean I do plan on hopefully becoming your friend at least. Girlfriend would be a huge bonus if you ask me” Siyeon looked ahead, a blush creeping onto her face.

“Hmm, I wont expose you now .. just because you’re cute when you get shy. But I guess you’ll have to at least take me out on a date before the latter happens.” Bora giggled.

“Well if you’re free for dinner, I can set up a small kitchen table into a fancy first date.”

Bora took a real look at Siyeon, trying to analyze how serious she was being. This girl definitely had the element of continuing to surprise her today. It would only be right to accept her offer as she was kind enough to share her umbrella with her and not because she was totally swooning over the soccer captain.

“I guess you’ve earned yourself an extra guest to dinner tonight Ms. Lee. I would be happy to join you!” She smiled at the taller girl.

“Perfect.”

She barely even had time to banter back until she noticed they arrived at a small home a block away from her house.

“Wow I didn't know you lived so close to us.” Bora said commented.

“Yeah, Yoohyeon would either run off to either my house or Yubin’s when she was tired of sharing a room with you.” Siyeon smiled at the antics of her tall lanky friend.

The memory of seeing her best friend trying to climb up to her window the first night she decided to leave her house after arguing with Bora was one she’d never forget. The taller one fell on her and was as stiff as a board on the ground. Siyeon had thought she’d have to drag her to the emergency room until her friend bounced back up and tried again.

That was when Gahyeon opened the door and screamed at Yoohyeon to be a normal person and just use the front door. As they continued to bicker, something about waking up the younger girl up from her precious sleep, till they reach Siyeon’s room.

“Alright, just because this is an official first date. I will allow you to dry off and will let you know once I have set everything up Ms. Kim.” She lead the older one to her room and picked up a towel for her along with a couple comfy clothes to change into.

“I will await your knock on the door then.” She smiled at the younger girl.

Siyeon shrugged off Bora’s backpack from her shoulder and handed it to her. She gave a salute while giving her a quick wink and walked back down to the kitchen.

She got ready by throwing on a much bigger t-shirt and pair of sweatpants. A blush came onto her face realizing the shirt also said ‘Lee’ on the back and along the side of the pants. She wasn’t kidding about liking Bora sporting the Lee name. She then decided to just get a quick peek of the Wolf’s den.

Blue painted the walls of the bedroom. Along the window sill sat a couple trophies in correspondence to soccer achievements from when the girl was much younger until now. In one of the cabinets were a couple picture frames of Siyeon and family along with some of her and Gahyeon. One single picture of a couple large wolfish looking dogs, maybe family pets? Then a couple with Yoohyeon and Yubin, the three of them at some arcade eating pizza and laughing, along with three large but different stuffed sunflowers with faces on them. Beside it a bracelet that said ‘BFF4EVR’.

Bora felt a smile on her face, she knew Siyeon was an important person to her little sister. To be put in this situation with the other girl made her aware of how much she knew she couldn’t play around with the best friend. Not that she would, it's just she didn't expect any of this today. Especially how well she got along with this girl. Bora didn’t really date per say, it’s just that she had a lot of responsibilities in her adolescent years. She needed to keep an eye on her sister, while making sure she kept her grades high to get a scholarship into university - money was hard to come by for her family at times. With her passion for dance, it was like she only had enough room in her heart for the really important things and people in her life. She was content with it though .. she thought.

She heard three knocks on the and walked over to opened it. Yeah, seeing Siyeon there with a silly grin on her face was really making her question if she was willing to open up her heart as easy as she opened that door.

“Ah Ms. Bora you look lovely tonight.” The taller girl had cleaned up as well and was sporting a long sleeved rugby shirt with cuffed jeans to pair. Her hair was let down along with her bangs. The younger one took her hands from her back to reveal a stuffed toy sunflower from the picture.

“It was the only thing I could find last notice, plus it means a lot to me and at least it’ll never die!” She held it up matching the smile on the plushie.

Yeah, Bora was definitely trying not to scream from how cute the other girl was.

“Hmm you don’t look too bad yourself. I also see you couldn’t resist putting me back in your soccer attire. I’m marked as a Lee from shirt to pants.” She threw a playful smile at the other girl. “It would suggest you’re already marking me as your not-quite-girlfriend already.”

“I promise it’s cause I haven't done laundry for any of my other clothes yet.” Siyeon put her hands up in defence. “But i’ll admit, if you like the preview of being labelled as mine, then I can’t help but say it might be part of my plan to convince you to want to be mine.” She gave her a confident smile. While putting out her hand waiting for the smaller girl to take it and follow her downstairs.

“M’lady if you can follow me.” Bora latched on to the larger hand and followed her down a couple steps. Siyeon led her through the living room and revealed the shared space with a light illuminating a smaller table by their kitchen.

“I think I remember Yooh mentioning you don’t like cheese. cause all I have are cheesy jokes, but I’d hate for you to be disgusted of me.” Her eyes pulled into a smile.

Bora rolled her eyes “Wow you're right, I almost gagged on that one.”

Siyeon pulled out a chair and let the smaller girl take her seat. “Well hopefully you’ll enjoy tonight’s menu, it was recommended to me by Remy - you know the rat from Ratatouille? Found her running the streets in the rain.”

“You’re lucky you’re cute Lee, I definitely know why you and Yoohyeon get along so well!” She smacked the other girl before she sat down across her.

“I’m kidding, rats are a little too creepy .. you remind me of a cute little birdie with a voice that can possibly burst my eardrums. Im used to that though, Gahyeon’s given my ears enough practice.” She said tapping her ears making sure they were still good.

They enjoyed the rest of their dinner laughing and getting to know each other a little more. Not before long it was time for Bora to head home and get started on work she needed to get done before tomorrow. Additionally, Yoohyeon would be home soon and she needed to feed her since their uncle would be working late today.

“Here, I packed up the rest for you to take back to Yoohyeonnie. She’ll probably bother you with her rumbling stomach once she gets home.” Siyeon gave the nicely packed dinner to Bora.

To find someone who cared about Yoohyeon like she did, if that wasn’t on her list of traits she’d like in someone else - it was now.

“Also! I’ll walk you back, seems to be pouring out there still.”

They stepped out back into the pouring rain, Bora clinging onto the taller girl for warmth but also to make sure they were both safe under the umbrella .. yeah for that reason.

They made it to Bora’s front porch, the light sensing the two bodies and turning itself on to produce a brighter atmosphere.

“Thank you for everything today. Honestly I didn’t expect to get attacked by the rain, wasn’t really my day to begin with either.” She looked up to Siyeon before continuing. “I didn’t see this day ending up as how it did, but I'm super glad you saw me and decided to save the day. Spider girl would be jealous that someone was out here stealing her job.” She giggled all too knowingly that Yoohyeon would probably love to save Minji’s precious head from any droplet of rain.

“It’s hard to miss your voice screaming and running, but I’m glad I finally had the courage to even just say something to you. I’ll give some credit to Yoohyeon, she was unknowingly my wingman today.” Siyeon hung her head in embarrassment. "I'm also quite a fan of her! I guess I can't be Captain America if im in Korea?" she chuckled.

“Honestly didn’t expect you to have a big fat crush on me wolfie.” She pushed the girl jokingly. “If I can be honest, I’m a little worried because you're my sister’s best friend. I would hate to impose on your friendship like that. Especially cause Yoohyeon adores you and looks up to you as well.”

Siyeon’s cheeks were getting progressively redder as Bora spoke. She was really a er for a pretty and nice girl, but not just any. Bora had caught her attention many years ago, back to the first day she met Yoohyeon. Siyeon was the new kid at school and could barely be sociable to make new friends, especially in high school where everyone had already found their clique.

One day a bunch of kids were making fun of her cause she decided to cut her own bangs the night before, but she royally messed it up making it crooked which formed a comma like shape instead. Yoohyeon came around the corner with her equally un-even bangs (that Bora totally thought she could cut) and scared away the kids with her barking. Without any introduction Yoohyeon had her follow her to the dance studio so that she could give her sister a notebook that she forgot at home. That’s when Siyeon noticed the older girl in her element - she was in awe. She always appreciated someone who could be just as dedicated as her in something that they loved. Then Bora turned around and gave Yooh a big ol’ headlock and told her to not cause any trouble. The older girl then glanced at Siyeon and gave her a quick thumbs up with a smile. She knew all too well that she was in deep without even really knowing the girl. So not wanting to embarrass herself, she kinda - on purpose - tried avoiding Kim Bora everywhere she was.

It didn't help that Yoohyeon always secretly admired her sister too, confessing to Siyeon and Yubin often that she was truly the best sister (especially once Bora figured out how to cut bangs properly.) Although they had a made a pact to never reveal that information. Yubin was also treated as a younger sibling to Bora - the girl was just full of affection.

So yeah she understood when Bora said that she didn't want to accidentally ruin the friendship with something like a crush.

Siyeon looked at her, she could see conflict in her eyes. A smile escaped her lips along with a rush of confidence and she tilted Boras face towards her.

“I get what you mean, I would never put any of us in this position if I wasn’t positively sure that I wanted this so bad. I would like to get to know you Bora, if you’d allow it .. i’d like to hope you'd be interested in doing the same.”

Bora felt her heart flutter, she really didn’t expect one of Yoohyeon’s barking friends to sweep her off her feet in the matter of hours. To be fair, she knew a couple years ago that there was something strange about this girl .. a good strange. She was willing to make a leap of faith if they could do it together.

“I would like that. Something tells me you’re worth it.” She grinned before hopping on her tippy toes to press a kiss on the wolf’s burning cheek. She pulled back and saw the wolf’s face slowly turning red with her eyes closed shut. He face scrunched up adorably just trying to keep calm.

“According to Gahyeon I’m already your girlfriend already, I won’t lie though i’m also Minji’s fake girlfriend - so if you’re curious thats your only competition.”

Siyeon felt her heart hammering in her chest but coughed out a laugh instead. “Oof, my boss is one hell of a fake girlfriend to have too. I don’t know who to be jealous of” She poked at Boras cheek seeing her huff.

“I think Yoohyeon should be the worried one though, I’m much better at securing the girl.” She snickered while taking the smaller hands into her own. She stared intensely into Bora’s eyes trying to convey that she was very serious about the older girl. A sudden tension filled the air and she felt herself gravitating closer to Bora. She leaned in and felt her lips touch something soft.

The stuffed flower she gave earlier was facing her, its smile mocking her for trying to pull a slick move like that.

Both girls giggled.

“Oops, sorry big wolfie but I sense a little puppy around the corner. Would hate to defile her eyes.” She heard Bora pretending to voice the stuffed sunflower.

“HEY, AHHH” The wind from the rain was causing the silver haired girl’s umbrella to fold inside out. The taller Kim came rushing through the front gate stumbling around.
“Did you guys just get home? It’s been a couple hours since practice and class ended?” she said confused as to why they were just standing outside. That’s when she noticed the two holding hands and the giant sunflower. Hmm .. interesting.

“Arf Arf” (Hey Yoohie, got your sister home as promised)

Huh? A cute little bark came from the girl she was holding hands with. Bora then heard her sister respond in kind.

“Woof woof?” (Nice, but hey why are you guys holding hands? And you gave her THE sunflower …)

“Ruff ruff woof, aouuuuuu” (Hahah, yeah .. well .. I kinda confessed to your sister that I like her?)

“WOOF WEOFAOAOFIE” (YOU LIKE MY SISTER?! THIS WAS THE GIRL YOU HAD A CRUSH ON FOR YEARS NOW, SINGIE!!)

Soon enough both her sister and her best friend were howling at each other. Rushing to the window she could see Pie trying to get in on the barking competition.

“Yip-yip-yippp” (Hey who's on my porch!) The tiny little fluff said to them both.

“Alright alright, this is our household not a kennel.” She opened the door and held up the tiny dog in her arms. Little Pie gave her a welcoming to her lips and leaned over trying to sniff Siyeon.

“Arf?” (Hey cutie, nice to finally meet you!) Siyeon whispered to the little puppy both of them staring at each other intently. Thats when Pie had decided she liked this bigger dog-human and as well.

“Nice indirect kiss” Siyeon commented throwing the girl a wink.

“I’m with children.”

“the correct term is puppies for our species actually.” Yoohyeon retorted back.

 

_____________________________

Back with a good ol' kinda one-shot-ish like back story into this pairing. 

Consider this a specially written chapter a quick break from the story line to just enjoy some suayeon. 

Our fave duo of Jiyoo taking the painfully slow route of slow burn - maybe. Either way here's some romance to give you a boost. 

Somehow Yoohyeon indirectly got her charmingly silly best friend and loving sister to accidentally fall in love ... before her. 

See ya on the next one!