now im holding this latte ... why can't I let go?!

so now im holding this web ..

It had been almost a month since Yoohyeon gained her newfound powers. The first few days were utter chaos, if only her life was a living breathing villain - it would be the only thing that could ever possibly defeat her. Her first shift back into work she was handing out a latte to a girl who had been coming in regularly every morning before her first class. As usual Yoohyeon called out her name and placed the drink on the counter.

“Hey Haseul, your order’s up!” she grinned at the other girl who was looking over at her coworker Vivi occupying the till.

She had known that Haseul only came to see Vivi to start her morning, but the short haired girl never made a move towards the other one. Yoohyeon promised she would help the girl out, but she always arrived when they had their usual rushes, so there was never a time to really introduce the two.

Haseul approached the counter and smiled back then reaching out for the cup that was in the taller girl’s hands. She went to pull it away, however it seemed that the barista wasn’t letting go of her drink. Yoohyeon realized she couldn't let go of the cup, her hands had became all spider sticky again and wouldn’t let go. She felt a slight panic as her heartbeat picked up and her face started to become red.

“Um, Yooh you okay? You can let go now, I’ve gotta get to my first class.” Haseul looked up at the girl whose eyes were twitching in their sockets.

This was bad, she didn’t know how long it would be stuck to her hand. So she had to improvise to kill some time until her powers decided to stop having fun with her.

“SO! About Vivi, are you planning on asking for her number anytime soon or maybe I don't know hanging out! She’s been trying to explore the city more after getting here, but all of us are just so busy with other things. You would be perfect!” She started rambling on to the girl in front of her.

The short haired girl was easy to distract “Ugh, I don't know .. I mean I get so nervous around her. I really don’t think she’s ever noticed me either!” She tried getting the drink from Yoohyeon again, but alas was denied.

Vivi turned around and noticed that Yoohyeon had been spending a lot of time with one customer by the hand off area and was wondering if she needed to help her out. She noticed the two were holding the drink together their fingers wrapped up as they were nervously laughing at each other. Since when did her Haseul start flirting with the her dorky coworker!

Minji peeked her head up and had realized that the drinks were slightly backed up from where she was sitting in the cafe and came up to the Vivi to ask what was going on. She followed the younger girl’s vision to see the pair really hitting it off.

The two girls by the cash register were glaring at the other two when Yoohyeon felt chills down her spine and turned back to them.

Haseul leaned over and whispered to the other girl.

“Hey! I think Vivi’s finally noticed me, I think your plan is working.” she nudged the barista on the shoulder.

“What plan …?” The taller said quietly looking directly at her.

“Don’t worry pal, I can read your thoughts. I’ve got it from here!” She smirked.

Oh .. OH NO. This was not what she was planning. She recognized the playful glint in Haseul’s eyes.

“Oh Yoohyeon, you're such a flirt. Can’t wait to see you tomorrow morning, don’t forget to add my number to your phone so we can work out when we meet up this weekend!” she added with a wink.

“Thanks Yooh! She looks so jealous over there, Minji’s almost the same shade as her red hair too. Sorry for the hassle, but I owe you one!” With that Yoohyeon felt the drink slip out of her grip and off with the short haired girl into the hustle and bustle of the city. She definitely did not want to see the looks on the faces of the two older girls, so she began ripping through the new orders hoping to catch up and forget about what just happened.

Siyeon stepped onto the floor after finishing her break and felt unusual tension in the room. From the till, Vivi was aggressively punching in drinks and telling customers to have an OKAY day. She then circled around and saw Minji by the back counter staring holes into the back of Yoohyeon’s head.

“I’m feeling some weird tension right now .. I was expecting more between you and Yooh but you seem like you want to strangle her right now. Unless you’re into that?” She stuck her tongue out at the older girl.

“The only here is between Yoohyeon and Haseul, they were just staring at each other all lovey dovey by the bar. She had a whole line of drinks there and was just busy holding hands with that girl. The nerve those two have! I thought Haseul liked Vivi.” Minji said in one breath like she was on her last nerve.

Siyeon looked at her confused. In the fifteen minutes she was gone, it was like she accidentally walked into an alternate universe where the wrong people were getting together. Hopefully in this one she’d at least find herself a nice girl. Because the universe she was in before her break .. she was was very single.

She left her boss to figure out her own feelings not wanting to step on any toes. Approaching Yoohyeon to help her out, she decided to get the tea on what really went down. Jealous Minji and Vivi couldn’t have possibly known that the two girls they thought were flirting were insanely in love with them.

“So the other two look like they wanna stomp on your neck and call it a day. I would suggest going through the front door this time, so that I can make sure you make it out alive when you clock out.”

“It was a big misunderstanding.” Yoohyeon sighed and hit her forehead on the front of the espresso machine hoping it would ease her on-coming headache.

“Yeah well knowing you, you’ll somehow make it up to the other two. You’re hard to be mad at.” Siyeon said patting her best friend’s back.

Yoohyeon peeked over to the girl on till, who was currently preoccupied with the pretty customer who's order she was taking. The girl looked like she was wearing at least a thousand dollars worth with just her sunglasses alone. It was then she realized they were speaking in Chinese to each other. Hmm seems like they know each other well.

The orange haired customer then walked up to side and waited for her drink. She looked at her order and saw the name, “Miss Han.”

“Well it’s time for me to take over for you.” Siyeon said pushing the taller one off towards the side. “Go ask boss where she needs you next and may the odds be ever in your favour” she said with a salute.

Needless to say Minji was in a mood that morning, which translated in Yoohyeon being everywhere but near her.

_________________________

Minji sat in her usual seat at the back of the cafe, looking over her notes on her laptop as she usually did when there was some down time. She had sent Yoohyeon to the back of the cafe to put away some stock and prepare the pastries for the next day. She wasn’t trying to punish the younger girl or anything, it was just she was wearing her sad puppy face and Minji couldn’t bare to look at her cute face without giving in to the younger girl.

Not that she had a right to be jealous of one of her employees hitting if off with a customer, not to mention a pretty one at that. Besides Yoohyeon had become someone she grew to trust in her life and yes, maybe she has some feelings for her! However Minji had been so preoccupied with her own life that she didn’t know if she would have time to develop further feelings for the quirky younger girl.

Deep in thought she didn't notice someone coming up beside her, until she heard a plate and mug land on the table.

“Hey, you’ve been working really hard. You should take a break Minji, I even brought you a snack!” Yoohyeon said quietly with a small smile on her face.

The taller girl then quickly walked off to the back where she was positioned to.

On the table was a single strawberry tart - decorated with sliced strawberries forming a smiley face. The chocolate latte also sporting a small heart on top created by the foam.

She noticed a small little note peeking out from under the pastry. She pulled it out and opened it up.

“Heard there was a pretty girl studying hard in the cafe, thought she needed a boost. Don’t worry this on is on me ;) Just wanted to let you know you’re doing great! - From your friendly local barista and friend if you need it, YH”

A wide smile grew on her face. Dammit, she’s so adorable.

“Alright I'm clocking out, Bye Siy! Vivi, muah love you please love me back!” Yoohyeon sent her a flying heart while walking around to the front door.

Vivi looked at her and sighed, she decided she couldn’t reject the puppy like girl and sent her a cute little heart back. Yoohyeon feigning that she got hit by the heart in the eye thus having her accidentally bump into the front door. The girls bursted out laughing, yeah she definitely knew how to get herself out of trouble again.

Just before she left she sent a wink at Minji and a goofy smile along with it. If it was possible to make her feel a raging fire of jealousy to then a raging fire of blush that was spread across her face, then Yoohyeon was the only girl to ever do so.

Minji decided to send her a quick text to thank her for the delicious snack.

“Thanks Yooh, I really needed that. My day just got much better thanks to you cutie :)”

Yoohyeon was standing outside the cafe still visible to the patrons inside from the big windows. She felt her cellphone buzz and read the text from Minji.

A shrill scream followed by a loud YES, was heard from the taller girl as she jumped happily in place.

Inside Minji watching the whole scene was trying to hold in a giggle. What a sweet dork. Yoohyeon’s figure began to retreat from the front entrance. Siyeon watching the whole thing with Vivi as she was covering her face in embarrassment.

“Why is she such a mess.”

Vivi was cackling, her coworker was such an amusing human specimen. She definitely had a lot to learn from her.

“Hey Vi it’s time for your break, I’ll take over.” Minji said while throwing on her pink apron.

“Perfect timing, my batteries are running out.” Vivi responded.

“Oh do you need my phone charger?” Siyeon questioned.

Vivi shook her head, “No i’m talking about my main source of energy. Don’t want to shut down in the middle of my shift!” She said pointing to the fanny pack she was wearing all the time while walking to the break room.

Siyeon gave Minji a look like, what is she talking about?!

“I told you she’s like an android or something, maybe she’s from space.” Siyeon whispered to the red haired girl.

“Siyeon, you can’t just say things like that! She's just new to the country”

Siyeon took a peek around the corner and into the break room, she saw a large wire connecting from the wall to the girl’s pouch attached to her waist. Her head slightly lowered as if she was sleeping.

Definitely strange.

_________________________

Now in the present time she was way more accustomed to controlling her powers. Vivi also eventually forgave her after Yoohyeon got her to actually meet up with Haseul that weekend for a cute picnic in the park.

It was definitely not fun getting to this point of controlling her powers. Hours of Bora being her personal trainer as if Yoohyeon was built the same as that tiny ball of energy. One day Yoohyeon was so sore she fell out of bed and metled into a puddle of sad. Bora came busting through the door picking her up and throwing her into an ice bath to help. This resulted in Yoohyeon screaming at 6am in the morning and sticking to the ceiling jumping so high from coming into contact with the ice cold water.

Yubin was a big help as well, probably the only sane person she could rely on to actually make her a super hero. They had decided that coming up with a costume that was cool and practical would be the first step.

“Alright, spiderman is traditionally red, blue and black. I say we come up with new colours, something to call your own you know?” Yubin had suggested while drawing blueprints to the spidey suit.

“Well, yellow and green are my favourite colors?”

“So you want to look like kermit the frog?”

“YUBIN!”
_________________________

“Okay I got some things we could try out, let me know how it feels and we’ll bring it back and custom make it into your suit.” Yubin said from outside the fitting room.

“Why is there a kermit the frog costume.”

“That’s just in case, plus halloween’s coming up soon so you should be prepared regardless” she heard a snicker from the other side of the door.

After multiple different fabrics and styles of clothing, they decided on what they were going to need to make the suit.

And yes, they did end up getting the kermit costume.

“You can’t be a puppy every year Yooh.” Yubin probably said to her.

_________________________

 

Yoohyeon decided to take her prototype suit for a run.

Okay she’ll admit she looks like a creepy weirdo in one piece yellow body suit with a pair of green shorts and a sweater with a S.

She’s not one to complain though, if nobody could see her face then she wasn’t completely embarrassed. With that she decided to swing through the city during the night as discretely as possible, trying to not bring attention to herself yet.

“Hey mom what's that weirdo wearing yellow doing on the side of that building?” A kid turned to his mom pulling her sleeve.

“Oh no, your grandma told me there was some creep trying to climb her building the other day! Let’s go before they cause more trouble.” She dragged away her son.

“Ah man, maybe yellow is a little too .. out there.” She huffed in response to hearing the mother - son interaction below.

She jumped down and decided to not be anymore suspicious and just walk through the streets back home instead. She slipped on her earphones and played her favourite playlist for the walk back.

She was scrolling through her phone when she accidentally bumped into a woman who was also busy checking her own device. She saw the other girl’s phone fly in the air and into the street where a car had been on its way to completely crushing the things into pieces.

“I AM SO SORRY, I WASN’T LOOKING WHERE I WAS GOING.” She held up her hands.

Handong looked at the person in front of her ready to kick them in the throat in case this strangely dressed person was ready to kidnap her.

“You literally destroyed my new phone.” She argued back.

Yoohyeon slightly recognized the girl as the one who stopped by the cafe earlier.

Ms. Han

“I can’t say I meant to do that after bumping into you. I have terrible luck and your phone getting run over is just usually the cherry on top to my clumsiness. Her hands still up in defeat. “Also cant guarantee I can afford to pay you back unfortunately, as you can see .. I'm struggling.”

Handong nodded her head, of course she expected that from someone dressed so strangley. “It’s no worries, I’ll be fine .. it’s like my fourth phone anyways, business purposes.”

“Whoa .. do you do sketchy things, no judgement or anything” She said in awe. What kind of girl just has four phones?!

“I’m rich?” She said to the girl in the weird costume.

“Oh, Hi Rich! I’m Yoohyeon!” She introduced herself back holding her hand out to shake.

This girl is crazy, I should really get going.

“Anyways .. I need to go, please feel free to not follow me.” Handong quickly passed by her in a rush. She saw the other girl walk into the building for DC Enterprise.

“Ah, Miss Rich Han .. nice to meet you too.” Yoohyeon whispered to herself eyeing the building.

 

_______________________

Hello!

Sorry for being MIA and the late update.

Just recently been working 2 jobs - didnt expect to get busy while writing this fic. However I have some downtime this weekend to whip up a couple special chapters that may or may not be in the same timeline as the current chapters. As I said I may just throw in a couple extra side stories following the same characters here! So please accept me making it up to you guys as I currently will be in and out of updating this one, see yah!

Also this is me missing Haseul and celebrating Handong coming back :)