I Just Wanna Make You Scream (Halloween Pt. 1)

so now im holding this web ..

Spend a night at a real haunted house? Sounds like a tacky Halloween adventure.” Handong yawned in response to the other girl’s idea.
“Besides if the other girls find out you roped them into this mess, they’ll definitely kill you .. which would probably make the actual house haunted by your own spirit.”

Yoohyeon stared at the article online and clicked on the link to the sign up sheet. She was in charge of coming up with something to do this Halloween for the group. In hindsight if they all were going to blame someone, it would have to be Siyeon for winning in rock paper scissors against her. Plus, why should a superhero be afraid of the supernatural! She was sure that she could handle the paranormal .. probably. Anyways, this was most likely some prank house with lame scary things scattered all over the place.

She entered in all their information and booked the night, not bothering to read up on the rest of the details.

“Well it’s done and you're going down with us Dongie!” She smiled at the red haired girl. She felt her phone buzz with the email confirming the booking and letting her know they would send the appropriate information in the near future.

“I’m more of a 5 star hotel kind of girl but I cant turn down a show.” She looked at her perfectly manicured nails. Yeah, she had a bad suspicion that this wasn’t going to roll over smoothly. The taller puppy like girl kind of brought her clumsy luck into any situation, but Handong was never one to back down from her sitcom of a life that involved some of the strangest girls that she met not so long ago.

“Yeah I also used your credit card to pay for it, thanks!” She heard the younger one yell as she ran out of the room.

“KIM YOOHYEON.”

_______________________________________

“KIM YOOHYEON, YOU BETTER GET YOUR DUMB OVER HERE” Bora screamed as the vein in her neck was about to burst into pieces.

The night finally came and according to Yoohyeon, all the girls had to do was bring a lightly packed bag for their ‘sleepover’. No, Bora did not anticipate to bring holy water along with her because her younger sister decided to deceive her. She knew something weird was going on the moment Handong came in a black van to pick them up leading to a more desolated town area. Which then she began to worry a bit, with it driving up a creepy hill to almost the middle of nowhere until she saw a stand alone house that definitely looked worn down and haunted.

“WE ARE DEFINITELY NOT SPENDING A NIGHT IN A HAUNTED HOUSE. WHY DID YOU THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?!”

Yoohyeon felt her knee get kicked in and hands grasp the collar of her sweater.

“RELAX! Listen this will be fine, besides whats halloween without a little horror! Plus if anything all forms of beings are much more scared of you than you should be of them.” She cackled.

Off to the side Minji looked at the paper Yoohyeon was holding onto earlier that night. It headlined, “SPEND A NIGHT AT THE REAL CONJURING HOUSE” here where multiple real ghost chilling events happened, you’ll be able to explore the house and find what evil lurks. She stared at the piece of paper unable to believe that Yoohyeon got them to stay at an actual haunted house and not some gimmicky replica.

Over her shoulder was Yubin re-reading the paper trying to understand what her best friend had done. She shook her head, already trying to compose herself for a long and possibly terrifying night. She was usually the level headed one along with Handong so she definitely had to prepare herself mentally to babysit all the screaming children.

Gahyeon was holding onto Siyeon, already a little spooked from the whole aura of the house. She looked into the darkness of one of the windows on the second floor. For a moment a glow of white came from inside whatever that room was. She felt goosebumps fall down her back.

This is a terrible idea

Siyeon noticed the younger one clinging onto her and felt the need to lighten the mood.

“Aw come on Gahyeonnie, with all of us around you’ll be fine! Besides this should be pretty fun don’t you think, this kind of thing should be a good piece for you.”

The pink haired girl saw a glint in the older one’s eyes.

“You would like this wouldn't you, you’re too into the supernatural dude.” She laughed at the wolf like girl, seeming to be more in her element.

She glanced over at Bora trying to strangle Yoohyeon by the throat. “You should probably grab your girl before she makes your best friend into one of these creepers.”

“I’m just surprised she can reach .” Siyeon chuckled and ruffled the little one’s hair before stepping into the sibling fight.

_______________________________________

Yoohyeon took out the key she was given and unlocked the door, she pushed it open as an eerie creak of the door sounded throughout the house. Almost as if to wake up all the spirits of the house to invite them to a night of fun. She flicked on the nearest light switch and the light bulbs flickered on - starting off dim but slowly warming up to a brighter hue.

She stepped into the main entrance seeing a staircase lead up to the second level. To her right a dining room and to her left a living room. The group started to slowly filter into the house, most of them trying to stick as a group. They went into the living room first to get a sense of the place.

“Alright this is definitely smells like the spookiest place I have ever been to.” Yubin said.

“I beg to differ, one time I walked into the laundry room and Siyeon’s disgusting practice uniform waved back at me, begging me to put it in the wash and take it out of it’s smelly misery.” Gahyeon quipped. Off to the side she heard the older girl scoff in disbelief.

“ITS REALLY NOT THAT BAD.”

“Should we go check out the bedrooms?” Handong questioned.

“First of all we are not sleeping tonight so thats a pass on finding a bed. Plus I'm keeping my stuff here in case I need to YEET out of here as fast as possible.” Gahyeon responded.

Yoohyeon assessed the mood of the group and figured that she needed to just get them back into feeling hyped about her idea.

“Alright that makes a lot of sense. However, we should definitely do a tour of the house and get a feel of the place! Come on guys when will we ever get to do something as crazy again, we’re in the real deal!” She threw a goofy smile at everyone.

Siyeon looked at her and nodded her head. “Yeah Yooh’s right, we should try and enjoy it with some positive vibes - maybe that’ll keep away the bad ghosties.” She smirked at the direction of the tiny girl across from her.

Bora sighed. The two people she cared for the most would put her in the most miserable situation ever and she would still blindly go along with them. “Yeah enjoy our last moments of being happily alive … scratch the happily .. angry is how i’ll go. If Yoohyeon survives this I swear I'm coming back to haunt her.” she mumbled to herself. She grabbed onto Handong’s arm knowing that she should stick to the most sensible one.

“I’ll admit I was informed of this terrible idea a month before, as this was charged on my account.” she glared at Yoohyeon. “However, I love a good crazy story to look back on, so I brought a ouija board!” She giggled.

Bora automatically unlatched from the red haired girl with a frown on her face. “DONGIE, YOU’VE BETRAYED ME. YUBIN COME HERE.” She pulled her in and latched onto her shoulders.

“You can only cling on if you don't grab my ” Yubin said with a straight face trying to warn the touchy older girl.

“Promise.”

“Okay, so stop poking my .”

“Im not?” She said lifting her arms from around the younger girls shoulder.

Yubin’s eyes opened wider.

“And so it begins … but like kind of quirky for ghost behaviour?”

___________________________________

 

“You better have the van’s keys on you handy, cause we’re leaving as soon as some crazy happens.” Yubin whispered to Handong.

“Wow Yubin, are you scared? Do you really think there are ghosts here?” She smirked at the younger girl.

Yubin wasn’t one to believe in such out of world beings, that was until her best friend turned into the epitome of actual fiction that she would read in comic books. So yeah, she would call herself a believer in such things.

The two were somehow paired together with Bora and walking through the main level of the house. The main hall held a couple pictures in black of white of probably the residents of this place from back in that day. Bora felt like their eyes were following her wherever she walked.

Handong approached one of the frames and inspected the picture inside. It was the house with a couple people standing out of the front. All of a sudden she felt chills and the picture began to move before her eyes. The group inside had their faces warp to look like her friends as they began to run from the front of the house to the inside. She could see one of the girls giggle before she slammed the front door causing Handong to fall out of her little trance.

That seemed so real - was she really starting to fall for this lame excuse of a haunted house. This had to be all part of the prank, this was placed here to really scare them.

“Nice try!” She let out a laugh.

Yubin looked at Handong laughing a picture with nothing in it.

____________________________

Minji, Siyeon, Yoohyeon and Gahyeon decided to check the second level.

“Better to split off into bigger groups .. just in case.” Yubin had mentioned before they agreed to take a look around.

The moment they reached the top of the staircase the two excited dogs decided to run into the nearest room and take a look.

“I swear if we lose these two first, I have no problem leaving them to fend for themselves.” Gahyeon said with a sigh.

Minji took the younger girl’s hand, “Lets try our best to keep them leashed then!” The two followed the overly excited girls into the first room. The first thing they saw walking in was Siyeon riding on a rocking horse in the corner of the room. Then Yoohyeon wearing some weird mask she found.

“Yo Siy, you think if I dropped downstairs with this thing on that Bora would scream.” She laughed while trying to create a makeshift ghost outfit with a white sheet she found in the closet.

Minji approached the younger girl taking off the mask and sheet and wiped the dust from her face which inadvertently caused a dust of blush to replace it.

“No bad Yoohyeonnie, your sister is going kick your into another dimension.” And I wouldn’t like that, she whispered.

“Both of you no running off without us, got that.” She gave them a stern look while pinching Yoohyeon’s ear dragging her away from the creepy mask.

“Ow, okay okay … ‘Mean’ji” Yoohyeon responded with a dopey smile.

“Whipped” Siyeon whispered to Gahyeon. The youngest one pushed the older girl, “As if you aren't either loser.”

She walked over to the little playhouse in the corner of the room. There were 7 girls placed in different rooms of the house. Kind of weird how there were exactly seven figures .. like how there was seven of them. Must be all part of the scare tactic for whoever set this place up, they must've known there were seven people coming to stay.

There was one girl wearing the same mask was wearing a few moments ago that was placed in the basement next to a red door. Very creepy, reminder to not visit the basement Gahyeon mumbled to herself.

She felt someone place a hand on her shoulder, “Come on Gah, lets go see the rest of this place.” Siyeon startled her out of her thoughts. They walked out of the room, but the rocking horse by the corned kept moving on its own. It suddenly stopped and the lone figure that caught Gahyeon’s attention in the play house started making its way towards the red door opening it up.

“Time to play everyone.”

_______________________________________

 

Oooo, happy early halloween special. 

Wrote this because I was feeling the spoopy season and who best to celebrate with than our wonderful Deukae. 

This is just a little side story from our regular narrative - we'll get back to it soon! 

Hope you enjoy! It's divded into a couple parts, which I will try to update before halloween actually comes , oof?

See you all on the next part!