now im holding this window pane ...

so now im holding this web ..

The next morning.

“Okay I just need to be super gentle with the door knob and we can make it out of here for your walk Pie” she carefully took the handle between her pointer finger and thumb. She breathed in and slowly turned the knob.

“WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU’RE GOING?!” Bora’s voice boomed behind her. Yoohyeon felt herself jump and with that the door was launched off its hinges.

“WHAT THE HELL BORA!” She yelled at the older one with the whole door attached to her.

Pie looked at the hanging piece of wood her owner was waving around. Yeah, definitely a fine piece of wood the little puppy thought as it jumped up to bite it and started growling as if it were a toy.

“You can’t just go run off pretending you didn't just gain super powers! What if something happens! I’m coming with you.” Bora huffed while throwing on a pair of runners.

If there was one thing Yoohyeon loved about her sister it was that she was a little aggressive, but that translated over into her love for Yoohyeon as well, so she couldn't complain.

Even though the younger and much taller of them was the one with the super powers, it didn't mean Bora would be less protective of her two puppies.

A presence came down from the steps inside the house. Their uncle was trying to rub the sleep away from his eyes when he looked ahead and saw the mess.

“So .. would you like to explain what happened or should we just blame the little dog using the door as its stick” their uncle approached with his arms crossed.

“I can explain - it was all Bora’s fault! Have you ever seen her open a door uncle? It’s like she’s ripping open a new portal to another dimension. Some say this isn’t our Bora, but I’ll always recognize my sister” Yoohyeon said with a nod of her head and pulling in the smaller girl by the neck.

“This kid ..” Bora shook her head. “Sorry uncle, I told Yoohyeon that Rose definitely had room on the door to let Jack on .. but she didn't believe me. So we had to try it out ourselves - for science.” Bora exclaimed while throwing her hands in the air.

“Go walk the dog AND - you better hope this door opens back up for you two.” He headed towards the garage.

 

"At this point I should just wear the tool belt instead of my regular one. These two really keep me busy." He chuckled to himself.

__________________

“So I think we should practice your new powers and stuff.”

“Are you crazy it’s bright out and no I already know you want me to climb up a stupid wall.” Yoohyeon muttered.

Bora was holding onto Pie’s leash letting the little fluff ball lead her into a smaller alleyway. There was a fire escape staircase on the side of the building, but the ladder was too high to pull down.

“Okay spidey-girl, go bring down that ladder for me. It’s time to test your spider senses!”

“No Bora.”

“C’mon Yooh - it’s montage time, wax on and wax off. But more like web on, web off.” She shoved the younger one towards the ladder.

Yoohyeon looked at her wrist and flicked it but nothing came out. Hmm, maybe she needed to be one with the actual comic character. She folded in her two fingers in the middle and hoped maybe the hand gesture would help the web fly out.

“Hmm, it seems like nothing’s coming out.” She frowned holding her “devil horns” hand gesture in front of her face pointing her palm at Bora.

“Maybe you need to activate your fight or flight instincts, try screaming or something.” Bora trailed off as she slowly creeped up and shoved her hand up Yoohyeon’s armpit.

“AHHH!” The silver haired girl yelled and the web shot up and into the sky ultimately not holding on to anything so it came back down and got stuck in her hair.

“NICE. Lets try that again but with more direction!” The tiny girl clapped her hands.

Pie was just enjoying the two humans arguing which never failed to entertain her.

__________________

 

Eventually they made it to the rooftop of the building which was overlooking the city.

“Alright! Trial number one passed. So it’s time for you jump off this building big pup.” Bora smacked her back encouragingly with a smile on her face.

“Are you crazy? Seriously I thought you came with me so that I wouldn’t accidentally get myself killed with this?!”

Bora looked at her younger sister lovingly, but also with a game plan. She was always calculated even though she was carefree. It was her job to make sure her little one was always prepared to fight the harder battles of life and this was just another job she added onto her list for raising her sister. Their parents really had to have another one .. and a clumsy one at that.

“I know it’s scary Yooh, but you’re a Kim. So! I know you can do this as long as you believe you can. For everything to turn out as you wish, trust me .. don't stop, bet everything.” The shorter one looked at her with a determined look.

Yoohyeon hated when they were being cheesy, but she knew Bora only wanted what was best for her .. probably.

So yeah! Maybe she could do this! And if she couldn't that just meant Bora would get her own room .. wait .. is that what she wanted?

“Okay! Lets get going, remember you can do this Yooh!” She pushed the silver haired one closer towards the edge.

Yeah, Bora definitely wanted her own room.

Yoohyeon took a deep breath and looked at Pie.

“My little puppy, know that I love you so much and you are my everything” She sniffled.

Bora scoffed on the side, “and me?”

“My little crowtit, I hope you know it was me that accidentally smashed your phone. I thought I saw something flying in the sky .. I SWEAR and I didn't have my camera - who would have thought I would have dropped it from the window” and with that she was off and screaming off the side of the building.

“I knew it Pie, she said it was uncle stomping around without his glasses!!” She held her tiny fists in the air.

Meanwhile Yoohyeon took a second to remember she needed to save herself from making a splat on the sidewalk. She whipped her body around and flicked her wrist into the sky. It flew up and held onto nothing again.

“HOW DOES HE JUST SWING THROUGH THE CITY WHEN HIS WEBS DON'T STICK TO ANYTHING!”

She quickly flicked her wrist to a nearby balcony and swung into the brick wall and stumbled a bit further down before she stopped herself. Hanging off the side of the building she opened her eyes and she was upside down looking into a window of an apartment.

Red hair. She grabbed onto the window frame to anchor herself to the wall.

“Huh .. Minji?!” She focused her eyes and pressed her glasses up her nose.

Of course the universe would somehow have her accidentally see her crush .. wait talking to another guy!? It definitely didn't seem like Mr. Kim or her younger brother. She saw them having a conversation by Minji’s open door.

Super hearing spidey sense should be a thing right? She concentrated and could only hold on to a couple words said during the conversation.

“Thanks for stopping by .. - It’s been a while …-”

“Of course, you …. - I miss you Minji. -… I’ll drop you off at work?”

“No need - …. I wanted to …-“

Then Minji closed the door and left her apartment with the mystery guy. Yoohyeon needed to find them .. just to confirm their relationship. That’s normal right?

She was dangling from the side of the building trying to find her way towards the entrance where she could catch them. Instead she found herself rolling by a string of web towards the next apartment window where she came eye to eye with her other best friend.

“YOOHYEON?”

“YOOBIN!”

Yoobin opened her window and looked the other girl up and down before she sighed. “Not sure if I'm dreaming, but you need to come in before someone see’s you like this.” She grabbed Yoohyeon’s lanky legs that were flopping around and pulled her into her room with a thud.

“So what are you, the next spideman?” Yoobin said nonchalantly.

“Yeah dope huh?” Yoohyeon threw her a toothy smile.

“… Mhm it’s pretty nice. Does that mean I get to be your nerdy hacker friend? I want a nickname - Dami sounds cool as a codename?”

“Yeah, but Yoobin I need a one piece suit first” She said thoughtfully.

“Hm? Like the anime? Halloween isn’t for another 2 months Yooh?” Dami questioned.

“Not like that dork!”

“Wait what’re you doing here anyways?”

“OH RIGHT MINJI!” She said before busting out her friend’s room.

__________________

Meanwhile outside the apartment

“Hey it’s fine, I can go to work myself .. besides don’t you have a patrol to go on?” Minji said towards the mystery man.

“Yeah, but wouldn’t you want to get driven in a cop car. I can turn on the sirens for you!” the man said enthusiastically while patting the hood of his car.

Uh-huh, sounds like a great way to start her morning she thought sarcastically. She tried to not roll her eyes at the guy, but seriously when would he get the clue that he was definitely not her type.

“Mmm, fun. Well -“ She got interrupted by a tiny dog yapping down by her feet. Her eyes grew wide when she saw the little cutie trying to get her attention.

“Hi little one, where’s your owner.” she bent down to pet the ball of fur.

“Hopefully alive” she heard a smaller girl say.

“Ma’am you need to have your dog on a leash please and what do you mean by hopefully alive? What did you do to this person!” Minji’s cop friend said towering over Bora.

“Excuse me sir, that is my family. You don’t see yourself leashing up your family members do you!” She argued back while looking up at him trying to intimidate back.

He stared down the smaller girl who joined in, “Minji lets go before you’re late.”

She stood back up with a grimace. Definitely needed to find a way out of this one. Bora saw the look on her face and instantly understood the feeling. This guy was unwelcome and she knew just how to get rid of a man.

“Excuse me sir, I’m here to pick this lovely lady up this morning. We were just heading out but I see she was interrupted on her way to see me. Right baby?” she linked hands with the red haired girl.

Minji looked at her and giggled, this girl was really something else. It reminded her of someone she knew. She hugged the other girl’s arm playing along.

“Yup, was just going to go on a little scenic walk with this cutie here.” she said while poking her nose.

“Ah .. uh, are you two .. like seeing each other?”

“Does it matter, you got a problem dude?” Bora stepped up to him. Pie came around and started barking and biting at the guy’s shoelaces. The two little fluff balls needed to stick together.

“Um, i’ll just see you another time. Bye Minji” he said trying to pull his shoe away from the tiny dog.

“Thanks so much, he’s .. a long story.” Minji said while giving the other one a small bow of the head.

“Hey don’t worry about it, we girls gotta stick by each other! If you ever need a fake girlfriend I'm definitely available.” Bora said laughing while wiggling her eyebrows.

“Well it’s not everyday you find a pretty fake girlfriend! My name’s Minji and you are?” She said sticking out her hand.

“BORAAAA!” A head of silver hair flew past her and into the smaller girl who she tackled onto the ground.
“I ALMOST DIED AND YOU’RE OUT HERE FLIRTING WITH A GIRL!?” Yoohyeon and her were all tangled up. Bora took her younger sister by the shoulders and started shaking her like a polaroid picture which was definitely not meant to be shaken, but she couldn't help herself.

“YOU’RE ALIVE ARENT YOU!” Bora held her in a headlock trying to wrestle her back.

“Hi, I’m Yoobin. I’m the brains out of the two, I'm sorry they’ve disturbed your morning. I too am also a victim of the two Kim sisters.” She took Minji’s outstretched hand that was for Bora and shook it.

“Ah! You’re my neighbour next door aren't you! I recognize your blue hair around and sometimes I hear the music you make when your window’s open.” Miniji gave her a bright smile.

“I could say the same for your vibrant red hair! Also your baking smells delicious, feel free to drop some off anytime at my door - it would be much appreciated” Yoobin gave her a striking smile and wink.

Yoohyeon noticing the interaction made her huff. It was fair, Bora and Yoobin were extremely charming and she was a goofy looking tree who could probably break her branches with every move she made.

“Yoohyeon? Is that you?” Minji’s voice broke her out of her thoughts. She felt the older girl approach her looking at her concerned.

“Uh yes … was .. taking my puppy on a walk with my sister, who you clearly met” She glared at her sister beside her.

The older girl took a handkerchief out of pocket and dabbed the silver haired girl’s face trying to get the sweat off. “You need to take care of yourself Yooh, you look all beat up this morning and the day has barely started yet!”

Oh - this was THE Minji that Yoohyeon couldn’t stop gushing about Yoobin and Bora thought. They both shared a knowing look, understanding it was perfect time to intervene while also embarrassing the tallest one.

But before they could get to it, they were interrupted.

“Hey kids watch out, there’s some weirdo scaling the building and looking into windows. I came out here to get a better look, but seems they’re gone. I just saw them drop past my window - creep better watch out!” The old lady of the building said while holding up her cane and walking away.

“How about I drop everyone off where they need to be, no need to be walking around with a creeper in the neighbourhood” Yoobin said while turning her head to Yoohyeon to give her a playful look knowing it was her who was the creep.

Once in the car Bora took shotgun next to Yoobin while Minji, Yoohyeon and Pie sat in the back. Yoohyeon gave Pie the window seat and rolled it down letting her enjoy the nice morning breeze. She sat in the middle and felt herself already exhausted. She closed her eyes not realizing she was dosing off.

Minji noticed the silver haired girl was uncomfortably bending her neck to the side. So she tilted her towards her shoulder to let her rest on it. Yoohyeon in a state of drowsiness made herself comfortable and nuzzled her face into Minji’s neck getting comfortable.

Minji smiled at how cute the younger one was. Pie saw her owner getting comfy and decided that Minji also looked quite comfortable to sleep on. She trotted over the passed out log and into Minji’s lap closing her eyes as well.

“Hey fake girlfriend, seems like my family likes you a lot. I might have to marry you now.” Bora said turning her head to face the scene in the backseat.

“Will you take my last name?” Minji said teasingly.

Bora tilted her head wondering what her last name was.

“It’s Kim.”

“Why Miss Kim. Seem’s you were meant to be part of the family.” Bora laughed.

Yoobin looked through the mirror and saw her best friend drooling on probably the prettiest girl she’s ever seen, if only Yooh could see herself now .. she’d be dead from embarrassment. She grinned at the sight. Figuring out her new powers and how to get a girlfriend? Kim Yoohyeon was going to need more help than expected.
__________________

*Next on, I miss Handong*

“I’m rich?” Handong said to the girl in a weird costume.
“Hi Rich, I’m Yoohyeon!”