now i'm holding my thumb .. ouch.

so now im holding this web ..

It was another regular morning at the cafe for Yoohyeon. She usually liked opening the store since the pastries were baked fresh and she definitely needed caffeine after waking up.

 

However, this morning rush had been more hectic than expected. Which resulted in her crawling on the ground trying to find her name tag that she dropped while running around trying to fill orders. “Clumsyeon” her little -hyeon would call her.

 

“Ah there it is!” she said while reaching underneath one of the counters.

 

“OUCH! What was that?!” She inspected her hand and saw a small bite on her thumb. She rolled her eyes and looked back into the darkness and saw a little spider staring back at her from the shadows.

 

She dusted off her knees and washed her hands trying to soothe the bite before placing a small bandage on it.

 

“Hey Yooh, do you mind giving Minji a hand with the pastries. Everyone cleared out the ones on display, we’ll need to replenish.” She heard her best friend Siyeon yell from the till. She didn’t miss the little smirk the wolf like girl was throwing at her after mentioning Minji’s name.

 

Ahh yes. The reason she chose this part time job in the first place. Kim Minji, the daughter of the woman who owned this cafe. She was a pastry apprentice who decided to practice different recipes at her family’s cafe part time. Also the pretty girl who served Yoohyeon the first day she stumbled into this little cafe.

 

__________________

 

“I’m sure your family saves a lot of money on the electricity bill” She said to the older girl.

 

“Hmm, why do you say?” The red haired girl tilted her head at her.

 

Cute. “Well cause your smile could light up this whole place? So there’s no need to turn on the lights.”

 

A smile, a mega watt smile was what she received along with a strawberry macaron. The two things she would eventually fall in love with.

“I guess this one’s on the house, from your favourite local energy saver - but you can call me Minji.”

 

__________________

 

She walked into the back kitchen and saw the older girl standing with her back towards her.

Yoohyeon creeped up on the unexpecting girl deciding it was only fair she take her by surprise just like how Minji had taken her heart by surprise.

 

“GOOD MORNING!” She grabbed Minji by the shoulders and instantly felt powder fly onto her face along with a shrill scream. Today was just really not her day.

 

“YOOHYEON! YOU SCARED ME.” the older girl held her chest trying to get her breathing back to normal pace.

 

Siyeon peeked her head into the back kitchen after hearing the scream. She saw Yoohyeon’s head covered in white. “HA, well with that face she definitely would pass as a ghost” and with that she was back out onto the floor before Yoohyeon could strangle her to death.

 

She felt two hands wipe off the dust from her eyes and cup her cheeks. She felt them squish her and heard a small giggle.

 

“Oops, guess you did that to yourself.” The red haired girl patted her hair, dusting off some flour to show the silver underneath. “Are you here to help me bring these out?”

 

“Yes, but now i’d rather not go back outside looking like an uncooked pastry.” she deadpanned.

 

"I would love to put your little buns in the oven." Minji smirked at her.

 

Yoohyeon felt her cheeks flame up - the ones on her face.

 

“And by that I mean your cute little cheeks!" Minji took some raspberry puree and poked two dots into her dimples to make a blush for her clown makeup.

"But fair, you can spend the rest of your shift helping me bake things then! I’ll get little Gahyeonie to help Siyeon in the front. Besides I don't want you two disrupting business with another wrestling match. As much as old man Lee loves it.” (Stan ... Dreamcatcher - Lee)

___________________

 

That was Yoohyeon’s morning. Now it was right before bed and she was feeling a little odd. She got home and decided to read a book before she went to sleep. Just as she was flipping to the next page, she felt the page get ripped off the spine. Huh ..

 

The ripped page and book were stuck to her hands. With one aggressive shake she felt the book fly towards the ceiling and straight through getting lodged right above her.

 

Oh man, her uncle was going to kill her for making a hole. She got on her bed and jumped up to get the book, placing her hand above her and accidentally sticking it to the ceiling.

 

Wait a minute .. why was she hanging from the ceiling by her fingertips?

 

“What is happening?!” she panicked trying to make sense of what was going on. She waved her other hand with the torn page and felt something fly out from her palm and flying to her bed post pulling her in. She took a peek and saw the substance .. it looked like a .. web?

 

“WHEN DID I BECOME SPIDERMAN!?!” She screamed in disbelief. She at least thought she'd become a were-dog before a spider-person! Sure it was fictional, but very possible if written in an alternate universe. The two couldn't exist in the same world .. right?

 

This has got to be a joke right. She felt a knock on her door. No, her sister couldn’t see this, she’d roast her for the rest of her life - even if she was going to be a superhero… I mean with great power comes great responsibility?

 

“I’M COMING IN LOSER.” She saw her door almost fly off the hinges. For being the one with no powers, her sister Bora was unusually strong for her small size.

 

“Why are you hanging from the ceiling?”

 

“Uh .. “ She moved her hand that was attached to her bed post to scratch her chin, but instead ripped off the entire post and it smacked her other hand off the ceiling as she landed on her bed which bounced her off and sent her rolling towards Bora.

 

“Would you believe me if I said I'm a descendant of Spiderman?”

 

“Yes and I'm the heir of Stark industries Yoohyeon.”

 

That was the day she became spider girl.

___________________

 

*On the next installation of spider-girl*

 

“I guess I can’t be Captain America if I'm in Korea?”

 

“Miss Han? Your father is on a business trip, something about taking over the world..”

 

“Yoobin, I need a One Piece suit.”

“Like the anime? Halloween is in another 2 months Yoo.”