CHAPTER 9

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

(Present)

 

 

“Where’s Sica?”

 

 

Sooyoung stared weakly at the woman who just came. It was at her own home.
“In my room.” Sooyoung pointed at where exactly the room is located. “Don’t waste your time. She didn’t say a thing.” Sooyoung added. Later she asked the woman, Hyoyeon to sit down on the living room with her.

 

Hyoyeon slammed her body, shuting her eyes closed, feeling incredibly tired after everything.

 

“You know what, Soo? I’m so tired with her. Taeyeon and her stupidity.” Slowly she massaged her head.  After “locking” Taeyeon in her apartment, Hyoyeon actually left to Sunny’s to check on Tiffany, who didn’t say a thing as well about the fight. Not only that, she took the responsibility to inform all this to all the managers. It was totally a bad news cause it would surely impact their mood, and of course, the schedules, no matter how hard the managers tried to keep them away from the media, from the public.
“Seriously… I have no idea how to deal with this.” She sighed. “What happened 8 years ago, happened again. I can’t believe Taeyeon did this. Damn it!”

 

Sooyoung handed her a cup of tea to calm her down. She smiled faintly at her member.


“Nothing we can do. We did what we had to. I’m so upset of what Taeyeon did with Tiffany. She’s insane… I can understand why Yuri acted weird lately. I would do the same…” She glanced at Hyoyeon, looking a little furious. “Also the fact that they’re so childish and selfish. Look at me and Bunny! We sacrificed our quality time for this? I can’t believe it.”

 

Somehow, Hyoyeon felt that she’s really sorry for what happened and caused another member, like Sooyoung, in pain as well. She rubbed Sooyoung’s back gently.

 

“I understand… I feel sorry that you cancelled the vacation and have to go through all this.” She patted her shoulder. “They’re our members… our friends… our family. We have to involve on this one. They need us.”
“What if I don’t want to care anymore? They’re not kids anymore, Hyo.” Sooyoung stood up, feeling unhappy. “They have to solve it by themselves. I’m done with everything. I’m done taking care the relationship that’s not mine.” Later she left to pantry to grab some snack and gave it to Hyoyeon. From what she saw, it looked like Hyoyeon hadn’t eaten anything.

 

“Where you going?”
“Picking up Bunny…” Sooyoung replied. “I’m going to go back to my apartment. Let her rest here, Jessica. She told me she didn’t want to go to Soojung’s.” Hyoyeon blocked her way quickly. “Jinjja… We did what we had to. I told you. Now let them do the rest.”
“Arrasseo… Don’t forget to visit Hyunnie tommorow!”

 

Hyoyeon was left alone for a while and thinking to finally take a look at Jessica when the woman went down the stairs. She looked at her sadly. Jessica looked so pale, weak and somehow, as her bestfriend, Hyoyeon could feel the sadness in her eyes.

 

“Sica… Gwenchana?” It was one stupid question, she knew.
“Nan gwenchana.” Hyoyeon knew it was a big lie. “Where’s Tiffany?” The question shocked Hyoyeon like no other. It was a thing she didn’t guess at all.
“At Sunny’s.” She replied. “Tae—“
“Let’s not talk about her, Hyo.”

 

She nodded. Hyoyeon feared her a lot at the moment. It felt like it’s better for Jessica to yell loudly as usual rather than being an ice queen like that. Hyoyeon gulped, feeling uneasy.
“I want to go now.”
“What? Where?”
“I want to meet Tiffany.”
“But, Sica…”
“Hyo, please. I have to meet her.” She interrupted. “You may accompany, but please, I have to talk to her. Just two of us.”
“Sica…”
“It’s going to be fine, Hyo. Trust me.”
“If you say so…”

 

Right before they left Sooyoung’s house, Jessica suddenly gave a sudden hug, a tight one to her bestfriend, Hyoyeon who rubbed her back softly as she felt how hard it was for Jessica. She knew how much Jessica loves Taeyeon and for everything that happened, she hated the fact she had to see Jessica got hurt all over again.

 

“Gomawo… Jinjja gomawo…” Jessica murmured softly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

With her limitations, Tiffany was shocked when she saw Jessica strolling into Sunny's apartment with her calm demeanor. After the chaos that occurred, she did not expect at all to be able to meet Jessica so quickly.

 

 

“We need to talk.” Jessica opened her hoodie and her sunglasses, the outfit she had to wear to avoid the papparazzi from walking there.

 

Both were sat facing each other but Tiffany stayed looking down, avoiding eye-contact with her American bestfriend. It was Jessica who first broke the silence.


“Why?” She held her breath in pain. “Why it’s got to be you?”

 

Tiffany didnt reply.
“You know how I feel for her, Tiff. You’re the one who knew it the best. You’re my bestfriend.”

 

Still, no response from Tiffany.
“You’re my bestfriend and after 12 years, why did you do this to me?”

 

Both were trapped in pain and tried to find some oxygen to breath, no matter how hard it was. Jessica wished Tiffany would say a thing, but she didn’t grant it. As much it pains her, she wanted to know the truth behind everything. She wanted to know why her bestfriend stabbed her from the back like that?

 

“I was… fine, with you having a TTS project with Taeyeon and Hyunnie. I tried to understand that with all of the busy schedules you had, Taeyeon couldn’t spend her time that much for me. I was fine with that.” She started again. “I trusted you… You’re my bestfriend, my precious bestfriend. You know how much I love her, but why did you do this to me, Tiff? Now tell me the tr—“
“Because I love her too.”

 

Like a hard cold slap, Jessica was frozen in position staring straight at Tiffany. Tears started rolling down the cheeks of the two friends. After a series of insistent questions, finally Tiffany opened her voice too. It was heartbreaking, but Jessica came to get answers. She wanted to solve the problem.

 

“My feeling for her grew even stronger since we shared the same room at dorm.” She continued. “Do you know how much it hurts to listen to her everytime she talked about you, and only you?”

 

It was Jessica who shut after hearing that confession.

 

“But Jess…”
“I’m listening.”
“I let her go because you’re my bestfriend. I never meant to hurt you.”

 

While crying, Jessica laughed bitterly to react.

 

“You didn’t mean to hurt me?” She repeated. “THEN WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME NOW? What did I do wrong? Why, Tiffany?”
“Jess, I’m—“
“And Yuri… After everything she’s done for you, this is how you repay her? She loves you so much. You have no idea.”
“I love her, Jess. I really do.”
“Not at you telling me this lie, Tiff.”
“I don’t lie!”
“Then why? Why did you do this?”
“I… I don’t… I don’t know.”

 

Jessica wiped the tears on her cheeks while holding back a million pent up anger in her chest. Disappointment radiated from the look on her face when he heard Tiffany's answer, which was completely beyond her expectations. For such a big problem, the answer she gave was just 'I don't know' and for that, Jessica really felt furious.

 

“You don’t even know the reason why… and it hurts me, and Yuri, a lot. How could you…” She replied almost without a sound.

 

They let the silence stab at them and for a moment, breathe to keep their head clear. Before they could start the conversation again, suddenly the sound of footsteps quickly broke their focus and stared at someone who had just come and stood in front of the two of them. Kwon Yuri.

 

“Sica…”
“Yul?” Tiffany was shocked to see her.
“Sica…” Yuri repeated, ignoring Tiffany. “Go home now. I phoned Soojung that you’re going home soon. Hyo will drive you.” She stared at her with the look as if she was begging her to follow what she just said. “Please, Sica.”
“But Yul…”
“Give me time to talk to Tiffany. It’s my time now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey…”

 

Her smooth voice defeated Tiffany’s high walls just like that. She glanced at the woman in front of her.

 

“Yul…”
“I’m here, Fany.”

 

Later she wrapped Tiffany’s on her arm, rubbing her back gently. She knew, it was a hard time for Tiffany to pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter