CHAPTER 6

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

(Present)

 

 

The day scared everyone in the room, more than Jessica’s deadly glare, more than anything. For the same reason, both Yoona and Seohyun decided to leave Yuri and Tiffany alone around thirty minutes after the departure of Jessica.

Meanwhile, the couple zipped their mouths tightly, ignoring each other. Both were seating on the couch: Yuri was changing the TV channels every five seconds, and Tiffany was busy looking at her phone. Both were ignoring the fact that they were so flustered towards each other, clearly had zero idea about how to begin the conversation. Both were giving a big gap for each to reach each other.

 

“Fany-ah… Do you want something? Water?”
“Don’t worry about me. I can do it by myself.”

 

Well… It was an awkward moment indeed. Yuri nodded softly and sat back, realizing that her first attempt to try to break the ice walls has failed just like that. Everything felt so strange and it was killing her.

 

“I’m surprised you’re not busy today.” Yuri didn’t give up. She started it once again. “Don’t you have a schedule to do today?”
“I do. In the next an hour.” She replied curtly. Her eyes were fixed on her phone, ignoring Yuri beside her.

 

The woman with sensual darker toned skin stunned while staring at her blankly. She gulped. It was indescribably hard to talk to her own girlfriend at the moment. She understood, but didn’t seem to know how to overcome the situation.

 

“Thank you for coming…” Yuri smiled a little.
“I came here because of Hyunnie.” Finally, Tiffany glanced at her a little. It felt like she’s freezing as Tiffany’s eyes were the coldest. “I guess you’re feeling better now since SOMEONE SPECIAL has visited you. What do I do now?”

 

Yuri didn’t reply. She knew, whichever the direction she step in, any choice would let her straight to hell. Tiffany was unhappy with all the situation—about Jessica, Taeyeon and of course herself—and the fact they all met each other today accidentally that day, thing couldn’t get any worse than that.

 

“I’m glad you finally released the longing you’ve been holding for so long… for Jessica.” What a sharp shot it was. Yuri brought her head down. She was sick and clearly not ready for the battle. “Look how care she is. Clearly, she worried about your condition and the fact she came to visit you. Let’s not hide the fact she did it all for you.”

 

Before answering, she inhaled one long deep breath to support herself as she could feel her voice was trembling, both because she’s sick and it was too clear to see that everything that Tiffany said hurt her so badly.

 

“She met Yoong accidentally. Yoong told her about my condition and she just came. I was surprised as well…”
“Oh wow… Told you. She cares about you.” The intonation didn’t sound good at all. The tension.
“How about you? Did you say yes to Hyunnie, to come here and meet me, because you care about me?”
“I’m not. She pushed me. I just had to.” She replied curtly. “Beside, why are you sick? Guess you missed her a little too much, huh? That’s why you’re getting better now. You met her already.”

 

Yuri leaned her body down on the couch and lifted her head, facing the ceilings, looking for nothing but a miracle so she could escape from the spot.“Can’t we stop talki—“
“Why? Because I’m right?” Tiffany cut her off.
“Remember, you haven’t replied my question as well.”
“About what?”

She smirked, “Of course about you and Taeyeon. I made it clear to you about how I feel for Jessica. Well, I took the blame because sometimes I miss her, but it doesn’t mean I’m still into her, but how about you? Why didn’t you answer to me?”
“Yul, I—“
“You’re still into Taeyeon, aren’t you?”

 

Tiffany was blinked, surprised to hear what she heard. It was a good strike from Yuri and Tiffany was clearly came to play. She delivered a little smile from the corner of her thin lips, moved her face forward to stare at Yuri’s eyes. Nobody blew the whistle but Tiffany has entered the battle and was ready to kick back.

 

“What if I say yes?” She looked at Yuri sharply. “Being with her, it never hurt me the way you did to me. Yes, she told me that Jessica is everything she ever wanted. But again, she told me the truth and I appreciated it. Look at you… Playing innocent in front of me? You really think that’s cool?”

 

Tiffany felt something inside her heart begging to be released, to explode. She glanced away, feeling her warm cheeks and tried the hardest to hold her tears. Everything felt so much worse when Yuri tightened her lips, refused to answer. Tiffany was confused whether Yuri was trying to absorb it all, or…

 

“Just… be honest with me.” She couldn’t hold it anymore. “Tell me, do you still love her, Jessie? That day, you told me, you’re into her loudly—I could hear it clearly—but tell me… tell me how you actually feel for her? Just for once, tell me the truth.”

 

The air felt tight in the room, in the living room of a luxury apartment located in the middle of Seoul. They could no longer afford to look at each other because they held their own fears, but refused to react.

 

“You’re right…”
“Yuri-yah…”
“I’m still… into her. After all this time.”

 

Tiffany gritted her teeth tightly, endured a violent shaking from within her chest and for the short sentence Yuri threw a moment earlier, everything became blurry and it was really painful for her to digest it all. She held her breath, held back the droplets of tears so they didn't spill over her cheeks —not in front of Yuri— and she tried to brace herself.

 

“I understand.”
“Tiff—“
“Let’s break up…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica grabbed a glass of water when she arrived at Taeyeon’s apartment, later she walked near to the pantry, sitting on the bar stool, trying to distract herself. For a moment, she was thinking about that cold situation happened earlier in Yuri’s apartment. Well, she had to mention how cold that glare was and from that one, Jessica knew, Yuri and Tiffany were having a problem to solve. That’s why she left sooner. She sipped the water and thinking about Yuri for a while, worrying about her condition.

She looked at the clock hanging on the wall, it was 11 p.m and Taeyeon was nowhere to be seen. She grabbed her phone, deciding to contact her woman when she heard the door was unlocked and somebody entered the apartment. Swiftly, she stood up and reached for that person.

 

“Baby… You finally came home. A little late today?” She spread her arms, craving for her girlfriend’s warm and comfortable hug. How sweet, how cheesy, J? She murmure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter