CHAPTER 4

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(Taeyeon POV)

 

 

Kimchi fried rice, pasta and green tea. Omo! I guess I was too excited so that I cooked it all, thinking how was I supposed to eat them all. If only I was a shikshin, like Sooyoung, or Yoona. In the morning, I really wanted to sip a hot black coffee but then again, her high pitch scream was repeating inside my head, her voice, my Sooyeon. Plus, I had to, unless I wanted to experience another gastric problem. Done enough with that one.

 

Sometimes, she indeed worried about me a little too much, but I like it. I like the way she takes care of me as her girlfriend, especially when we’re separated thousands miles away from each other. I missed her, not a single day left without missing her and the fact she hasn’t replied to my message since the day before, made me worry a lot. I pushed myself to think positively, that maybe she was busy, so she hadn’t reply.

 

That day, I cooked the kimchi fried rice, the only dish which she usually cooks for me when she’s around. I miss her cooking me that kimchi fried rice, and that’s the whole reason I made it for myself. Later I poured the hot water to my green tea cup. It’s also her favorite —a hot plain green tea. I chuckled a little to myself, wondering why the hell I made all of her favorites as if she was there with me.

 

I walked out from the kitchen when I heard my phone’s ringing. I was thinking who made that call, probably the cleaning service from the building. I grabbed the phone right away.

 

“Taeyeon-ah!”

 

Oh. It’s Hyoyeon. Of course, I recognized her voice. I forgot that I should come to her apartment that day.

 

 

“Yes, Hyo?”
“Where are you?”
“In my apartment. Wae?”
“You’re free today, right?”
“Yeah… Why? Do you want me to go to the club?”
“Aniya… Have you checked the group?”

 

 

The group? I was thinking about what could possibly happen there, maybe it’s another problem about Hyunnie and Yoona? I guess so. I was surely about to check my phone after the call.

 

“What’s going on?”
“Read Yoona’s message!”
“Yoona? What message? I was so busy cooking to release my stress. I guess I left my phone inside my room.”
“Good to know. Are you alone there?”
“Yeah I’m alone. What’s wrong with you?”
“Nothing. Just missing you.”

 

 

I almost chocked to listen to that one. I meant, it’s Hyoyeon, Kim Hyoyeon. It was weird to hear it from her, or maybe indeed she felt lonely there. I was thinking that I should really come to her apartment.

 

“Waegurae?”
“Nothing. If you’re alone then it’s good.”
“Huh?”

 

 

The bell rang. I guess that one was really the cleaning service I waited since the morning.

 

“Who’s that?”
“I guess it’s the cleaning service man that I waited.” I hurried myself to open the door. “Yahhh! You’re acting weird, you know that? If you miss Nichole, just call her. I’m gonna hang up! Annyeong…”

I hang up the call and walked to the door. Before opening it, I looked at the intercomm, but I didn’t find the cleaning service man, but a woman standing in front of my door. It was Tiffany.

 

 

“Miyoung?”
“Tae…”

 

She hugged me right away as her tears fell down, and she started to sob irregularly. I rubbed her back softly, feeling something bad has happened and it must be related to Yuri. Who else?

 

“Gajja… Come in and sit down.” I asked her to come in and find a comfort place to talk. Later I handed her a glass of water to calm her down and sat down beside her. “If you still wanna cry, that’s fine. Feel free to do it. You can tell me what’s going on when you’re ready.”

 

As she cried her heart out, I couldn’t afford to see it, actually. Tiffany has a soft heart, actually, I was wondering what just happened to her, or between two. Also, I was a little afraid that it might be related to the last conversation I had with Yuri.

 

“Yuri…” She sobbed silently. “She lied to me… She hurts me so bad. I can’t with her.”

 

Damn it… I knew it…

My fear became reality. I knew that I had to be a good friend, a listener for her but the fact that I know the problem might related to me and Jessica in the end, here comes another fear.

 

“What is this all about?” I acted like an innocent.
“You knew what this is all about.”
“What did she do? A white lie about something?”
“It’s not ing white lie and you knew it, Tae.” She glared at me coldly. “She’s still into Jessica. I knew it. She contacted her several times —not as a friend, I believe. We’re talking about her, your Jessica.”

 

She tapped her chest, showing where it hurts and that… I knew. I felt bitterness started to suffocate myself that she mentioned my girlfriend and the fact that I knew there’s something fishy with Yuri, so I rewound the conversation that happened before Milan trip. Holy, Kwon Yuri… This can’t be.

 

I tried to be a bigger one, so I remained calm.

 

“Yuri’s still contacting Jessica? What if they’re just communicating like… friends?” I replied shortly. There, I realized I wasn’t sure about it either. “Maybe she just felt it comfortable to talk to Jessica and I’m sure Jessica did reply it as a friend. Let’s think positively? Gwenchana…”
“But…”
“Calm yourself first…”

 

I hid my biggest worry because I didn't want to make things worse and I don't think that's what Tiffany needed at that time. I was silent staring straight when Tiffany approached and hugged me from the side, buried her head in my arms. As a friend, I tried to calm her down by gently her back and saying "gwenchana" many times, although I wasn't sure that I was okay with everything —especially with my proven suspicions. Yuri still had feelings for Jessica, it was a bitter pill that I had to swallow.

 

I inhaled deeply when I heard footsteps came in. I glanced to the entrance area where I found my girlfriend stood watching me comforting Tiffany. She looked so tired, but I could feel the anger radiating her beautiful eyes. I was too shocked to react.

 

 

“S-Sooyeon?!”

 

 

She turned her back and hurried herself to walk out. Instantly, I released myself from Tiffany and tried to catch her.

 

“Sooyeon-ah! Stop! Please!” I followed her steps quickly, trying to grab her arm. “Baby, please… I beg you. Stop, please!”

 

Jessica cried her heart out when I managed to grab and pull her hand, to finally hug her tightly. I was so afraid as I promised her, and me, to never let go ever again.

 

“Let me go!”
“No! Never!”
“Get away, please!”
“Please, Sooyeon-ah… Listen to me!”
“I don’t think I want it. Now leave!”
“Sooyeon-ah… Baby… Please…” I tightened my hug, clearly didn’t want to let Jessica go, never again.
“Why, Chickie?” Jessica couldn’t hold her tears. She wasn’t that strong, not when the déja vu she jus t experienced, brought her the bad memory happened eight years ago, back at her again. I knew it. “Why it has to be Tiffany? All over again… Why, Chickie? I thought I could trust you…”
“Sooyeon, please…” I begged. I couldn’t see her crying like that. “Don’t cry, please. I will explain. This is not what you think it is! Give me chance… Please, baby…”

 

 

I pulled myself to face her, right when she threw her gaze away from me. My heart was aching, both because I couldn’t afford to see her crying so sadly like that and because I knew, Yuri was still into her, my Jessica and all of my mistrust proven. I tried to remain calm while inhaling the breath in much deeper than usual. Slowly, I pulled her arm and led her somewhere.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Love does that. It makes you feel infinite and invincible, like the whole world is open to you, anything is achievable, and each day will be filled with wonder. Maybe it’s the act of opening yourself up, letting someone else in— or maybe it’s the act of caring so deeply about another person that it expands your heart.’

 

 

 

Seohyun closed the novel she finished reading it during her shooting’s break. She massaged her head to reduce the dizziness. The book, ‘The Light We Lost’ by Jill Santopolo, is a great a book that she likes the most and somehow, that one particular line brought her back to the memory about one of her sisters, Im Yoona, on that particular moment they had.

Later she’s distracted by the fact that everyone’s worried a lot about Tiffany who went missing. After Sooyoung’s call, Seohyun was thinking hard of the possibilities where Tiffany might be with. She was thinking about this one name, one of the closest to Tiffany. She d her phone from the pocket and started to find a number on the phonebook while it suddenly beeped: she received another call.

 

“Ne, Unnie?”
“Are you done with your schedule?” Somebody asked.
“There’s one more takes. Waeyo?”
“I’m going to pick you up. Sooyoung unnie called you already, right? About Fany unnie.” She asked once more, checking if Seohyun knew about it.
“Uhmm… Actually, I’m planning to contact Bora Unnie.”
“Let’s go and meet here directly! I’ve contacted her. This is why I’d want to pick you up. I’m waiting at the restaurant near to your shooting location, Hyunnie…”

 

She was stunned, spacing out for a moment to listen to that. It was a thing she didn’t expect, that the woman who called her, been waiting for her since a while ago. Her eyes was wandering to the surrounding, finding for the restaurant nearby and there, her eyes was fixed to a car parked in front of a fancy restaurant, that she knew it so well that the car belongs to somebody she knew well.

 

“Why don’t you come here? I’m taking a break, Unnie.”
“Gwenchana… I saw so many fans are waiting for you down there. I’m just gonna stay on my incognito mode here and waiting for you.” She replied warmly. “Happy working! Hwaiting, Hyunnie!”

 

 

After a couple of hours, Seohyun finally met the woman and both went inside the car carefully, not wanting to get an attention from the fans.

 

“Unnie… Are you okay? I thought you’re still sick.” Seohyun broke the cold ice between them.
“You see… I’m picking you up.” She replied curtly. “Worry no more… I ate a lot of supplements to support my body. Even I still consume the ginger you always tell me to have, Hyunnie.” She glanced a little with a little smile on the corner of her lips. Seohyun stared at her, feeling worry. She really thought that the woman should’ve stayed at her bed instead.
“Yoona Unnie…”
“Huh?”
“Are we okay? Uhmm… I mean, after… —I know, I’m so cruel that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter