CHAPTER 7

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Past: 2008)

 

 

Into The New World received so many loves from the people and slowly but sure was stepping up reputable South Korea’s charts. Not only that ultimate title, but Girls’ Generation also presented some songs inside the album. They had to walk the path, one long journey to reach the top and everything started to feel even sweeter when the people gave such a warm welcome to their following single, Kissing You.

 

“Not sleepy yet?”

 

Yuri glanced swiftly to the girl who was suddenly sitting beside her. The girl grabbed a doll, Seohyun’s doll, on her right side and hugged it cutely. Yuri held her smile, didn’t want to look so obvious.

 

“Just phoned my family...” Yuri leaned her body on the couch, was still staring at her. She looks so cute... Legiterally... She told herself, inside her mind. Later her hand reached for a magazine she didn’t want to read but took it anyway. “How about you? Not sleepy yet?”

 

The girl shook her head while changing the TV channels, finding something that might interest her. “You’re missing your family? Why don’t you come home this weekend?” Indeed, they had permission to come home once a week. “I mean, you can spend your time at home. Two days, it’s not bad at all.”

 

“I’m not going home if the girls don’t.” Yuri smiled. “What about you, Sica?”
”Oh... I will. Maybe tomorrow. But only for a day.” She replied easily. “At least I could release my longing to my parents.”

 

Yuri nodded. She understood. Jessica indeed always chose to come home every week, and of anyone else, she’s the one who regularly does it. “Your parents will pick you up? Or?”

 

 

“TAEYEON IS HOME!”

The short conversation ended. They glanced at the girl who just came in: Taeyeon went home after finishing the schedule of ‘We Got Married’. The leader sat right away in the middle of Yuri and Jessica.

”Whoah! I’m so damn tired.”
”Yuck! Taeyeon-ah! You’re so sweaty.” Jessica pinched her nose, looking unhappy with her, and pulled herself away from Taeyeon. Looking confused, Taeyeon tried to smell herself, glancing her sight to Yuri, asking for a confirmation.

 

“Really? You think so, Yul?” Taeyeon laughed suddenly while reaching for Yuri, hugging her tightly. Of course, Yuri tried to push her away, but the leader insisted, with a big smile on her face.
“YA! YAHHH! What the...”
Taeyeon laughed and it annoyed both of her members, “Arrasseo... I’ll take a bath. You both better sleep now. It’s late already.” She stood up and turned back to face the girl on the right side. “Sooyeon-ah... You’ll come home tomorrow, right?”
”Ne...” Jessica nodded softly.
”I’ll drop you tomorrow then. I have a schedule tomorrow, so let’s go together?”

 

 

Jessica didn’t reply but was smiling sweetly, giving Taeyeon a signal that it was a yes. Meanwhile, Yuri felt a little left out. She regrets the fact she wasn’t able to offer the same thing—she supposedly the one who offered it first—and then she felt unhappy with it. Looking flustered, she threw her sight away, tried to control herself.

 

 

‘No... This can’t be... I... I just...’

Yuri’s mind was busy wandering.

‘We’re just friends... We are all.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Present)

 

 

Tears fell to her cheeks, remembering how the woman—with sorrow in her eyes—asked for a break-up. The woman, the owner of the brightest eyesmile, Tiffany. Everything was getting blurred when she suddenly let the old memory about Jessica popping up into her mind.

 

‘I’m so stupid.’

She knew it...
It was the worst mistake to tell Tiffany that she’s still into Jessica while she was unsure about it.

 

She drowns herself in the thoughts of herself, and everything she said to Tiffany. ‘Yes, I’m still into Jessica.’ The words repeated themselves so clearly on her mind. Was it true? Was it an honest statement? She didn’t know. Despite all the feelings she feels for Jessica, she couldn’t deny the fact that Tiffany has a very special place inside her heart. It was a sloppy decision to say that—not when she wasn’t even sure about it at all—and it ruined everything without she could do something to fix the broken part. Tiffany left and there, she found herself regretting that, wishing she could take it all back.

 

That was it, the definition of getting hurt, bleeding without physical blood but feels way worse than that. It wasn’t her lucky moment, even worse that might be one of the worst.

 

“Unnie...” She felt the hands reached for her body.
”Hyunnie...” Seohyun walked her to the room. “Gomawo...” She sat down, hugged the pillow while pulling the blanket tightly.
“If you still want to cry... Please do, Unnie.” She said, “I’m sorry. I should’ve not asked her to come here to visit you.”
”Gwenchana... It’s not your fault.” She held her tears once again. “It was mine.” Slowly, she drowns her face to the pillow, trying to disappear. “And don’t mind me...”

 

 

Seohyun sighed deeply, “How can I not? You’re my sister.” She replied. “Unnie, I know you can go through this. Let’s stop regret what happened and focus on what’s next. Arrachi?” She rubbed Yuri’s back softly. “Unnie... I need to go. After finishing my schedule, I’ll come back soon. Arra?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Four years isn’t just a number for Tiffany, she clearly loves Yuri wholeheartedly, without a doubt. The break-up hurt her more than anything—maybe even more than it hurt Yuri—as she was struggling enough to cope with everything. All of those schedules, none of them could make her interested to do it, but she kept on doing it anyway: She didn’t want to disappoint YoungOnes, her fans.

Down inside her deepest mind, she was wondering why? Why now? After four years. Why Yuri decided to hurt her that way after everything they’ve been through together after she stole Tiffany’s heart away. Why?

That message. Tiffany would never understand why should Yuri lied about it, or was she always lie to her? How would she know? She didn’t even know how to trust again. All the fights they had, she never thought that Jessica would once again show up on the surface.

 

 

“This is for you, Unnie.” Yoona put a cup of coffee in front of her. “Sooyoung and Sunny Unnie will go to Praha tomorrow. Taeyeon Unnie told me to arrange the gathering after that. Also, we have to wait for Hyunnie to come home.” She took a bite of a tempting red velvet she ordered.
“How about Jessie?” Tiffany took another bite.

Yoona lifted her shoulders, “Mollaso? Does no one know? Maybe she’ll stay after the project with Soojung done?”
“What project?”
“Tomorrow she told—“ Yoona bit her lips. She didn’t want to bother Tiffany to think about Jung Sister’s activity, especially when she knew it from themselves. “Hyunnie told me that Yuri Unnie is fine. She’s starting to do her pieces of stuff.”

 

 

Tiffany didn’t respond. She didn’t even want and feel like she needed it, just a blank stare at the red velvet for no reason.

 

“Unnie, gwenchanayo?”
“Oh. Ehmm... Yeah sure.”
“Can I ask?”
Tiffany nodded, “Sure, Yoong.”
“Do you still have feelings for Taeyeon Unnie?” She said carefully. “I just want to make sure, directly from your mouth. Really. It has nothing to do with Yuri Unnie. I was wondering if what Bora Unnie told—“ Yoona shut tightly. Shoo! She supposedly didn’t say it. Tiffany looked a little surprised as she glared deeply at Yoona.


“She told you that I’m still into Taeyeon?” Tiffany chuckled a little, with a little sorrow in her eyes. “Yoong... Maybe that’s just her assumption. Aish... This Bora...”
”Unnie...”
“Ne?”
“Look at me.”
“What?”
“Tell me the truth....”

 

 

Both were stunned and Tiffany realized, Yoona was so serious. She swallowed it hard, trying to run away from Yoona’s sharp gaze.

 

“Unnie... Tell me...”

 

One more deep sigh.

 

“Geurae... That’s right.” She glanced softly. “I still have something left for Taeyeon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Past: 2008)

 

 

“Eodiya?” Taeyeon called one of her members who was found nowhere in the dorm. “Arra... It’s late already. Can you tell her to come home soon? We have a packed schedule tomorrow.”

 

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon stared at each other, looking confused towards Taeyeon’s high note, but this time, not when she sings. Taeyeon slammed herself into the couch, looking unhappy.

 

“She’s on her way to come home, right?” Hyoyeon asked.
“You can sleep now. Sica’s is coming home.” Sooyoung added. “I know you worry about her, but don’t be so hard like that. Remember, she’s an ice princess.”
“Taeyeon-ah! You’re jealous to know that Donghae Oppa’s taking her home?” Hyoyeon braced herself to tease the leader.
“OOOOOHHHH... That sums up.” Sooyoung chuckled. “Look. She’s on fire.” Taeyeon glared at her coldly while both of her members were holding their laugh.

 

 

The door suddenly opened and the woman came in slowly. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon couldn’t hold it anymore, so they laughed so loudly. Jessica, who looked confused, stared at them sharply. She knew it had something with her.

 

“Hey... Mianhae... I’m late. Are you waiting for me?” Jessica dropped her body, leaning like a kid to Hyoyeon’s arm.
“I was about to... but when I saw Taeyeon was still waiting for you, then I accompanied her,” Sooyoung said. “Yoong is sleeping already.”


Hyoyeon nodded, confirming. Later she glanced while smiling—not a regular smile—at Taeyeon. “Actually, it was her who’s waiting for you. Uri kid leader.” Taeyeon widened her eyes while clenching her fists, clearly feeling embarrassed. With a little cute pout, Jessica turned her body to face Taeyeon.

 

“I’m sorry. We had to practice more... The drama you know...” She explained, mentioning the drama that she will take a role in, about next year.
“So, how did you meet Donghae Oppa?” Sooyoung jumped in. Swiftly, Taeyeon awkwardly grabbed Sooyoung’s teacup from her hand.
“Ah... I met him there in the building, with Siwon Oppa. Then he offered the ride.”
“So, there’s 3 of you?” Sooyoung looked a little upset. Of course. She really wanted another chance to tease the leader.
“Eoh! Geurom! Sooyoung-ah... You know how Elf is so protective of Suju Oppa... I just wanted to take of myself too. Besides, there’s nothing.” She imagined about the sasaengs once and felt annoyed to remember.

 

Besides, Taeyeon looked a little brighter, holding her smile but finally gave in. Slightly, Hyoyeon got the signal, so she walked into the room. “Let’s go inside, Sooyoung-ah! I know you’re sleepy...” She pulled Sooyoung’s arm. “Eat something before sleep, Sica. Make sure you’re not starving!” Once again, she gave her eye signal to Sooyoung, the other one who finally knew about how Taeyeon feels for Jessica. Besides, it’s all over her face.

 

“You’re not angry, right?” She asked carefully.
“Me? I’m not... O-Of course not!” Taeyeon was a little too awkward and it showed. “We have a morning schedule tomorrow... I just... Don’t want you to get too tired, Sooyeon.”

 

 

Jessica was stunned for a while. Clearly, she knew that Taeyeon treated everyone probably the same way—because she’s the leader—but somehow, she felt the kind of happiness and enjoying it.

 

 

“Thank you, Taengo...”
“It’s nothing. Err... Aren’t you tired? Go to sleep now. Or you want to eat something?” She was about to stand up, but Jessica quickly grabbed her arm.
“Can we sit here for a while?” She smiled. “I’m not sleepy nor hungry.”

 

 

Both were stared gently at each other, smiling. Taeyeon realized, what she wanted just a little time, a little moment to have with her and despite the weariness she showed, she knew, Jessica wanted it too.

 

“You sure?”
“Yeah...”
“Come!” Taeyeon asked her to lay her head down on her lap, to which Jessica agreed to it. “Rest your head...”

 

Jessica couldn't hold back the joy in her heart, and she didn't hide it at all.  Slowly, Taeyeon's hand gently Jessica's hair.  Obviously, Jessica was very tired with her schedule at that time and between the silence and the sweet treatment of Taeyeon, she slowly felt sleepy, no matter how much she wanted to be with Taeyeon there.

 

“You must be so tired, Sooyeon-ah...”
“Engghhh...”
“Go to sleep now... Arrachi?”

 

 

Gently, Taeyeon covered Jessica’s eyes with her hand, and not long after that, Jessica slept so soundly. She pulled her hand and smiled. Still, her hand was her hair gently, holding all the feelings she hid inside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Present)

 

 

Taeyeon smiled at herself when her mind brought herself back to those good old days, those golden days around eleven years ago when she started to feel it all, only for Jessica. The days were so good as she crafted a stunning smile just by remembering it.

 

 

“Wae? Why are you smiling like that?” Taeyeon felt her soft hand touching her cheek gently. She grabbed it, kissed it.
“It’s weird...”
”What’s weird?”
”Just... Suddenly I remember about us. My mind was wandering back to the time... Hmmm... Right before debut, I guess? You and I?”

 

 

The driver, manager Oppa, hummed roughly to tease. From the rear-view, Taeyeon could see that he clearly held his laugh. Taeyeon grinned widely. It was a good thing that she has him as her manager. It has been a week since Jessica followed her activities anywhere, but somehow the manager Oppa could manage to hide her.

 

 

“Aigo... Hope that something bad in the past won’t happen again. My headache...” Manager Oppa pointed his finger both to them. “You both really got me headache back then. When Jessica left the group, Taeyeon was suddenly hid herself somewhere. Aish...”
“Ne, Oppa... Mianhaeyo...” Taeyeon chuckled a little.

 

Jessica folded her hands with a little pout while throwing her cold glare to Taeyeon. “Which old days you were referring to, to be exact, Kim Taeyeon?” She stared at her girlfriend sharply. “Was it included Sunye? The one who accompanied you when I wan’t around? To be exact, after that particular incident.” Cold, jealous and worried, as if she should’ve never said that, but Jessica let those words out from .

 

 

“No need to worry about her. She gave up, finally.”
“Huh?”
“She knew I love somebody else, above anyone else in this world.”
“Nuguya?” Jessica acted foolish.

 

 

Taeyeon grabbed her phone and clicked on the camera button. Later she handed it to Jessica, the switched it to the ‘selfie mode’.

 

“Her.” Taeyeon said. “Look how beautiful she is, the woman I love.”
“You!!!”

 

A little tap on her head, Taeyeon laughed loudly inside the car. Slowly, she grabbed Jessica’s hand, putting it on her cheek, kissing it gently.

 

“This beautiful woman would like to take a selca with her lover now.”
“Why not?”

 

 

Click!

It’s another taengsic selca they would never let the world know about its existence. Manager Oppa glanced slightly from the mirror and sighed calmly.

 

“Hey, lovebirds. Make sure to take care every selca you take together, arrachi? If those ever leaked, you know the consequences.” Manager Oppa shook his head. “Don’t let The R

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter