CHAPTER 5

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Past: 2006)

 

 

Cho Kyuhyun was a great additional to Super Junior as the boy group reached its peak, not only in Asia, but also on International level, catching up their sunbae who had been very successful standing with their own feet, TVXQ. The spirit was burning like a fire and it influenced all the juniors at SM Entertainment, including the next girl group to debut on the next year after.

 

“Fighting, Kim Taeyeon!” The leader of Super Junior, Lee Teuk, clenched his fist on the air and with such a charming wide grin, he transferred all the energy he owned to the tiny girl in front of him. It has been a weekly activity for both the trainees and idols to gather on that large room inside the management building to have the kind of bonding time to strengthen up their relationship between each.
“Ne… Gomawoyo, Oppa! Aigo, I feel so nervous.”
“I know how it feels! Don’t worry too much… You’ll get used to it—but slowly. You’ll gain more confidence, especially when you’re on the stage, seeing so many people cheering for you.”
“Arra… But still, we will be needing your advice, Oppa!”

 

He nodded softly, giving Taeyeon both of her thumbs as the sign of agreement. “How about the other members?”
“All good. We fight all time, but in the end, we will unite as one. We’re processing ourselves as a team.”

 

Lee Teuk chuckled to response as he found it cute that he saw big solicitudes from Taeyeon’s eyes. He knew her for such a long time by then, sometimes she would overthink as she pushed herself so much as a leader. For all the feelings Taeyeon felt, he experienced it all before.

 

“That’s the best part, Taeyeon-ah! The most important thing is the team is processing into the right direction. It’s your job—as a leader—to get to know better about their characters, to help them process better to later unite the team. Ego… Emotion… We must put it all aside for the sake of the team itself.”

 

Taeyeon stared fondly at him, seeing him as a mature and inspiring big brother. It wasn’t a wrong decision to make him a leader of the 12, —of course.

 

“So, while waiting for the debut, will there be any schedule for you to do? All the girls?”
“Yuri and Yoona… They will be having some CF to do, including MV shooting for you, Oppa. For the Super Junior U.”

 

Taeyeon red the schedule for her members, while looking down for one particular name that didn’t show up there. Later she looked for her name as well, and found none. She smiled softly, thinking that both of them would spend time together more because the only things they had to focus with was just the debut day and of course, the album itself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyoyeon put the food to plates that has been arranged by Taeyeon while Seohyun was focusing on plating some delightful desserts, including the special pancake.

 

“Is everyone ready?” Taeyeon took off her apron, finished with her cooking. She glanced at Hyoyeon who nodded at her while checking the food on the dining table.
“Yoong! Let’s go eat first before you go!” Taeyeon shouted the tall member’s name, finding for her figure around but found none. “Where’s she?”
“Maybe in her room?” Seohyun replied.
“Today… We’re just gonna do a recording session, right?” Hyoyeon jumped in while having a full spoon for herself.
“Yes, but Yoong and Yuri. We’re gonna have a choreo class as well in the afternoon. That’s why, eat now! We need some energy to burn!” Taeyeon replied while still looking around.

 

That morning, Seohyun, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon had to do the cooking as per the schedule they got. As usual, they cooked in a large amount, so they could have some leftover to eat after the training sessions later on.

 

“Sooyoung-ah! Don’t forget to cook tommorow!” Sooyoung nodded as a reply to Hyoyeon.
“I’m going out!”

 

Yuri took some slices of the toast and drank the juice just for the half portion while half running reaching for the door.

 

“Is that enough?”
“Ne… I’m going! See you all!” Yuri replied to Taeyeon and thanked the girls for the breakfast. Swiftly, she turned her back and was too surprised to see the American member stood right behind her. She looked flustered, avoided her sight and quickly went out from the room.
“Sica Unnie! Do you see my novel?” Yoona, who was leaned on the wall, greeted the older girl who was still busy with herself. Jessica, the sleeping princess, has just woken up from her sleep and totally, she hadn’t collected her consciousness at its finest.
“Come and sit here!” The oldest girl pulled the chair beside her and smiled gently towards her, waking her up fully.
“Thanks.” She replied shortly. “Eung… It’s on the bed. Thanks for borrowing me, Yoong!”

 

Yoona stood right away, walking out to the room to take something she looked for. Quickly, she came back to the dining room. There, when she found Seohyun glanced at her cutely.

 

“Unnie, your food is ready. Here.” She handed the plate. “It’s on your portion.” She winked.

 

Yoona was stunned and flustered, wondering what to do, wondering how did she feel a tingling feeling inside her empty belly.

 

“Uhh… T-Thanks, maknae.”
“Unnie! I did this so that everyone could get their portions too! We know how much you’re going to eat if we didn’t give you a portion.” Seohyun chuckled cutely, following by the laughter from all the members, except for Jessica.

 

The situation felt so warm at the moment and everyone was feeling so blessed for it—for the team that was processing. Suddenly, Sunny and Tiffany showed up.

 

“It seems that we missed something!”
“You’re late…” Sooyoung reacted Sunny.
“I woke up since earlier this morning, but I was too lazy to move my . For real…” Sunny replied and sat down beside the tallest member.

 

Tiffany sat down in the middle of Taeyeon and Hyoyeon, taking bites of some fruits as a starter. She grabbed another slice of apple while glancing at Taeyeon.

 

“You know Tae, people are wondering if you’re up to something with somebody here.” Everyone switched their focus to Tiffany, except for Jessica who was busy with her food. “Teukki Oppa.”

 

For an unclear reason, Jessica felt like there was something blocked , and she hardly choked and quickly grabbed a glass of water in front of her. Yoona rubbed her back softly.

 

“Unnie… Gwenchanayo?” Yoona handed the tissue box, helping Jessica to wipe the dripping water on her clothes.
“I’m fine. Thanks, Yoong.”
“Aigoooo… Take it easy, Sica-yah!” Sooyoung reacted. “So, what did you respond to? About Taeyeonie and Lee Teuk Oppa?” She glanced at Taeyeon who looked calm.
“Well, I said nothing. I mean, it’s just sunbae hoobae thingy. What did they expect? I’m kinda tired though… Whoever get close with SuJu Oppa, people will start to make a rumor and this time, it’s our Taeyeon.”

 

 

Taeyeon finally reacted as she bursted the laughter while shaking her head repeatedly.

“Aigoooo… I can’t believe it! It seems that I can’t get close with anyone now, everyone. I mean, if we close with somebody, it doesn’t always relate to romantic relationship, right? Guess we can’t have a normal life after all.”
“That’s the price of being an idol, Tae. You can’t live your life normally. You can’t do your life… freely.” Sunny, who happened to be the niece of Mr. Lee Soo Man, the founder of SM Entertainment, reacted to her leader’s statement. She knew how much will it take before deciding to be an idol. Everyone looked a little drown by the statement, but they realized, it was the truth, a bitter truth.

 

 

“If you don’t want people to talk about you, then don’t get close with anyone. But the thing is, does it even matter—those people who talk about you while they don’t know anything?” The American girl, who zipped tightly since a while ago, finally jumped in to the conversation. Everyone stared at her, waiting for more words, for her cold striking but awakening words. “Life is hard already, but it’s harder if you’re stupid. It’s pretty simple, I guess… You have to be careful with everything you do if you decide to be an idol. But then again, just don’t overthink, don’t overreact, get yourself stronger cause people will say whatever they want to say. Just let them be… However, you own your life fully.”

 

“I agree with you, Sica Unnie.” Seohyun reacted. “We have to be careful, but again, it’s our life. So, I don’t think we have to limit ourselves not to get close with anyone. We could still do whatever we want, but again, we just have to be more careful as an idol.”

 

 

Yoona was secretly smiled softly to the statement.

 

“I’m done. I’m going back to the room.”

 

Regardless of the other members' eyes staring at her, she stood up and strolled towards the room after sipping a full glass of water. Everyone started another conversation but that one particular girl, couldn’t stop to gaze at Jessica’s trace, not even when she was no longer can be seen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ready?”

 

All the eight girls nodded softly to respond to their leader, Kim Taeyeon, as the dance session started to begin that day.

“1,2,3… Go!”

 

Jeonhaejugoshipeo seulpeun shigani
Da heuteojin hueya 
Deulrijiman
Nuneul gamgo neukyeobwa umjikineun maeum
Neoreul hyanghan nae nunbicheul

Teukbyeolhan gijeokeul gidarijiman
Nunape seon uriui goechin gileun

 

 

“AAAAARRGGGHH!”

 

Right at Jessica’s part, the American Korean girl groaned in pain. Seohyun quickly stopped the music while Taeyeon was stunned to see Jessica who was down to the floor, trying to ease the pain she felt around her ankle.

 

“Does it hurt?” She bit her lips, trying to check Jessica’s leg while the girl didn’t react, still groaning. “Let’s take a break! Soo, help me! Let’s bring her to the main room…”

 

They both lied Jessica down to the couch and Taeyeon glanced at Sooyoung, asking her to continue the dance session without them, “Arraseo! Let us know about her condition. Contact manager Oppa, okay?” Sooyoung said to Taeyeon before leaving them which Taeyeon nodded to that. Later she glanced back to Jessica. She was calm but from her eyes, Taeyeon could feel the pain she tried to hide. She lowered down her body, trying to massage Jessica’s left leg softly when Jessica groaned again, causing Taeyeon a little too worried over her condition.


“Let’s go to the hospital? I’m afraid your swollen ankle will get worse.” Still, she tried to massage Jessica’s leg softly. “I’m gonna ask for help. I will go back to choreo room for a while—“

 

Taeyeon hadn’t finished her words when Jessica pulled her hand right away. Staring at each other, Jessica shook her head softly with a little cute pout on her marble face.

 

“Don’t… I don’t want to bother you, or anyone else.”
“What’s the matter? We’re all like family, aren’t we?”
“I-I… I just… Made a lot of problem, don’t you think?”
“Sooyeon-ah, it’s an accident and you clearly need help. Why do you have to think like that?”

 

They both trapped in the silence. Taeyeon realized that sometimes it’s so hard to handle this one particular member, Jessica. She smiled warmly, trying to understand how she felt towards everything and later offered her soft and tiny hand as Jessica lifted her chin up.

 

“Can you stand by your own feet then?”
“I-I… I can try.”
“Good. Let’s go!”

 

Jessica tried the hardest to stand up and by holding onto Taey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter