CHAPTER 3

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(Past: 2005)

 

 

All those innocent faces of the 9 girls looked so tensed in front of the TV, watching their sunbaenim’s performance on a rebroadcast. All the feelings mixed up: happy, proud, nervous, all of them merged into one.

 

“Eotteoke? I’m so nervous. Are we going to debut like Super Junior Oppa one the next two years?” Said one of the tallest girl in the group —the group who was prepared to be the girl version of Super Junior.
“Yoong… You make it even worse. I’m so damn nervous since yesterday, when we saw them debut at the very first time.”

 

Yoona didn’t seem to care about the older’s opinion.
“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. So, don’t worry about our future. We can handle this.”

 

Everyone gazed to the the girl on the corner who said it loudly and clear, amidst the doubt her members feeling that time. Calmly, she grabbed the snack and eat it right away while watching. All the 8 girls were left silent, trying to absorb the meaning of the words spoken by Jessica.

 

“She’s right.” Taeyeon reacted. “We’re the dreamers. We own the dreams. Let’s make it all come true and never give up. We can do this! Arra?” Slowly, she stared at each of her member face with a big smile on her face.
“YES, LEADER KID!” Everyone shouted loudly, feeling their spirit just been boosted by the tiny leader. Everyone, but the American one.

 

Another American, the girl with medium hair, showed her signature smiling eyes, realizing that her bestfriend looked a little too cold towards everyone that time. “Like what Jessie said, we’re gonna do this, we’ll make the music enjoyable for everyone, all the fans. We can do this! Together, we’ll achieve our dreams, and for a brighter future!”
“Unnie… You make me wanna cry!” The youngest replied with her watery eyes.
“I’m gonna stick with you all girls, with our commitment and dream to achieve together!” The hip hop styled girl, Hyoyeon, reacted with her smile. “There’s gonna be a lot of obstacles in the future, but we’ll gonna get through it all. I couldn’t be any happier to have each of you as my new family.” Later, she walked to the pantry to take something.
“Everyone, let’s promise ourselves to never give up on anything. In two years, we’ll debut our group and everything will be paid off.” The leader shouted loudly, boosting her members’ spirit once again. “FIGHTING! Jung Sooyeon! Lee Sunkyu! Hwang Miyoung! Kim Hyoyeon! Kwon Yuri! Choi Sooyoung! Im Yoona! Seo Juhyun! Everyone, fighting!!!”

 

 

Later, Jessica left the room and shook her head softly, thinking that it was a little weird to do for her: cheering loudly like that.


“Childish…” She murmured while opening the refrigerator, grabbing a bottle of mineral water inside.
“Nugu? Taeyeonie?”
Jessica nodded softly while walking to the dining chair and sat down. “Who else?”
“I feel like there’s something different from you. I mean, you look awkward and I’m talking about your attitude towards Taeyeon. What’s the matter?”

 

Hyoyeon sat down beside her and Jessica threw her gaze somewhere else. She knew, Hyoyeon was up to her answer.

 

“Awkward? No. I’m not… It’s just you.” She refused her friend’s assumption.
“Yahhh! Why are you here? You two!” The leader entered the pantry and grabbed the glass in front of Jessica right away.
“Yahhh Kim Taeyeon! That’s mine—“

 

Taeyeon sipped the water, leaving Jessica speechless to see it while Hyoyeon held her laugh to react to both interaction.

 

“It’s yours, Sica?” She glanced at Jessica. “Mianhae… Don’t worry. You can still drink the rest. I only sipped it a little. Gajja! Join the other…”

 

Taeyeon left both just like that to get back to other members while Jessica and Hyoyeon stared at each other. Jessica stared at the glass. She didn’t like it that somebody drink from her glass, or that she has to drink from somebody else’s glass. ‘Ew! Gross!’ She murmured softly.

 

“Wae? You don’t want to drink it anymore?” Hyoyeon stood up, was about to join the others. “I know you might think it’s gross to drink it with ’s marks on it —but hey, you two could have an indirect kiss through that. Woops!”

 

 

Hyoyeon left Jessica who was stunned and speechless to listen to that statement. Her eyes got widened, couldn’t believe on what just Hyoyeon said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica Jung. She’s selected as one of the main vocals of the group and indeed well-prepared by the management since years ago. Her delicate and soft voice was predicted to drift away the listeners, making it a perfect addition to the team. All the long training she’s been through, she managed to handle all the schedules neatly. The 16 years old girl, who was found by SM Entertainment around 5 years ago, slowly being shaped into an idol form. With all of her patient and fighting spirit, she managed to learn it all: music, choreography, acting and other lessons.

 

As a future idol from SM Entertainment, of course she couldn’t live the same life ever again. All those ups and downs, Jessica who was struggling doing it all at first, started to find her own comfort doing it all. One thing she couldn’t understand was the feeling she owns for one particular member, to the leader kid, Kim Taeyeon. Later she remembered of Hyoyeon’s question, about her being so awkward in front Taeyeon. She had no answer —not even for herself, but one thing she knew was that she felt like avoiding her at all cost, even without a clear explanation.

 

Her mind was wandering to the scene that happened around 3 years ago, on that particular dance class. Once, she was so tired doing all the choreo and made a wrong move so she fell off, right when Taeyeon swiftly held her body. Since that incident, Taeyeon gave her tons of attention —that she didn’t understand why, or was it only her thinking so? Actually, she had to admit, all those things Taeyeon did to her, shake her heart just like that.

 

“Hey! You’re ready for the recording session?” Her imagination killed when the familiar voice greeted her. Jessica glanced at the girl who just entered the room and smiled faintly at her.
“Y-Yes… I-I am.”

 

Jessica tried to remain calm, but then Taeyeon sat down beside her, so closely beside her, grabbing the paper on her hand. There, she was lost once again.

 

“Well… This part contains a real high note. Aigo! Do you think I can do it?” Taeyeon focused on the paper while Jessica was still stunned seeing her that close. “Do… Do… Fa…” Taeyeon started to do the warm up without even realizing that the American girl was still stunned for her.
“I know you can do it. You could reach a high octave.” She finally replied.
“Not as high as Georgia Brown!” She chuckled. “She’s an amazing singer…”
“Y-Yes…” Jessica pulled herself a little.
“Are you okay?”

 

Taeyeon stared at Jessica, realizing her awkward movement. To react, Jessica gulped a little and pushed herself to act calmly as she didn’t want Taeyeon find it fishy.

 

“We’ve been known each other for more than 5 years, Sooyeon-ah.” She continued. “But, I feel like somehow you’re spacing out from me. Did I do something wrong to you? If I did, please let me know.”
“What? Hmm… W-Why do you think so? I’m fine, Taeyeon-ssi.”
“Seriously? You’re calling me Taeyeon-ssi?” She smiled warmly, melting the ice princess heart right away. “I mean, I know I’m the oldest, but just call me casually. What’s wrong with you?”
“Mianhaeyo…”
“That’s okay.”
“Arasseo, Taengo!”

 

 

Once again, Taeyeon stared at her deeply, with a little smile on her face. Actually, she smiled at Jessica who just gave her a new nickname she never heard of before. She didn’t understand why, but it made her feel so happy to hear it from her.

 

“Taengo?” She reacted. “That’s cute. I like that nickname.”

 

Taeyeon threw her sight to the paper and started to do the warm up, leaving Jessica who was still sit on her chair and slowly smiled at her from behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Teukbyulhan gijugeul gidarijiman noonapeh sun oorieh guchingileun’

 

 

The girl was repeatedly sing her own part on her group’s debut song, the song that will change everything, two years after. She worked so hard on that part, as much as she did on her acting skill that she gained a lot of improvement lately. The tall and pretty girl Im Yoona was so focused on herself, preparing herself for the training session the day after.

 

“Unnie… Eat something! I know you haven’t eaten anything!” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter