CHAPTER 8

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

The eight women stood with nervousness swept across their hearts, staring at the emergency room where Seohyun was being examined intensively and it had been nearly thirty minutes since the second they took her to the hospital. That tall woman, Yoona, whose face usually radiates a calm aura, can no longer cover up her anxiety.  She was worried about Seohyun, as a friend, as a member, and obviously the person who occupies the most important position in her heart.

None of them dared to say a thing and speak to Yoona, especially Taeyeon and Yuri, who felt very guilty about the incident that happened before. A few minutes later, a middle-aged doctor came out of the intensive care unit and Yoona immediately rushed over to him.

 

“Doctor… How is she?”
“Ms. Seo is still in a very weak condition.” He replied shortly. “We still have to do some to completely check her condition. She’ll be moved to the inpatient room.” The doctor stared at the eight woman and then glanced over the manager oppa.
“Are you happen to be her manager?”
“Ah ye… Is there anything I need to know, doctor?”
“Yes. Can we talk in my room? I need to ask some permission to complete the checking. If you excuse me…”
“Sure!”

 

 

Both left instantly, leaving the girls stunned at their place. Yoona was the first one to move her feet to reach the room, but when the other members did the same way, she turned her back right in front of the door, blocking everyone who wanted to enter the room.

 

“Unnie… Andweyo… Jebal…” She begged. “I guess it’s better for her. I will enter the room and I don’t want you all to follow.”
“But Yoong? We’re same with you. We’re worrying her…” Jessica said.
“Unnie, please.” Yoona looked uneasy. “Look at her. Remember what happened before this all? I told you all to stop fighting but nobody listened. So, can’t you stay away for now? If something bad happen to her, I will never forgive you, Unnie. Do you all even care about her condition?”

 

Yoona stared coldly, clearly the gaze was fixed especially on Taeyeon, Yuri, Jessica and Tiffany, who sparked a fight to cause a riot that gave them a headache that day. On the other hand, Sooyoung tried to approach Yoona and her back slowly and gently. She understood where the anger was coming from and felt that it might be good for all the members to calm down and let only Yoona enter the room to check on the youngest’s condition.

 

“But Yoong—“ Yuri hasn’t finished her words.
“Unnie, I said please.” Yoona looked extremely exhausted. “It’s funny how you yelled at Taeyeon Unnie as if she’s the only one who acted like a kid, but look at you. We all have been seeing you, and the relationship—with Sica Unnie, Tiffany Unnie—for eight years. Everytime, you all fight like kids. Feed your own ego, Unnie… Let her alone. I will take care of Hyunnie.”
“Yoong, it’s not that I don’t care about Hyunnie. Of course I do care about her.”
“Great. Now leave her alone. She needs it. Don’t let anyone be involved in your problem.” Yoona replied coldly. “Look at yourself, Unnie. From what I see, you did mistakes too here.”


Hyoyeon caught Yoona's disgust and tried to act mature. She understood that if it was not put out immediately, the flames could flare up once again and worsen the situation between the eight of them. It was clearly not what she expected, so she ventured to step up and command her members.

 

“Yul… Take it easy. You go home now. Okay? Let Yoona and Hyunnie alone here. All will be good. You can go back tommorow. Okay?” She pulled Yuri and rubbed her back softly. “Soo, take Sica with you. Sunny, you go with Fany. And you…”

 

Hyoyeon stared sharply at Taeyeon.
“Me?”
“Follow me.”

 

Arriving at her apartment, without further ado, Hyoyeon opened a drinking bottle and sprayed Taeyeon's face with half the bottle and drank the rest. She tried to cover up her frustration over what she heard at the incident that night, about Taeyeon and Tiffany. She really did not think that Taeyeon did that. On the other hand, Taeyeon was stunned staring at Hyoyeon weakly. She did not put up a fight. Little thing she knew, she deserved it.

 

“Wake up, Kim Taeyeon.” She yelled at Taeyeon loudly. “For God’ sake, Taeng! I’m so disappointed at you!!! What you did was out of control and it was unacceptable. Are you nuts???”

 

She pushed Taeyeon’s tiny body but she didn’t reply.
“Tell me something! Tell me about it!” She shook Taeyeon’s shoulders. “I thought you love Jessica, Taeng. What you did… it seems that I was wrong, nor everyone else.”

 

Taeyeon was still remained silent.
“Taeng? Seriously?”

 

Still, nothing from Taeyeon.
“You swore to me that you’d take care of her, Taeng. It’s a shame you broke that promise.”

 

Nothing, but the tears fell down to Taeyeon’s cheeks.
“If you don’t want to learn from the past, be ready to lose Sica and this time for real. And I will not help you ever again to get her back! She deserves to be happy, Taeng.” Hyoyeon grabbed the key car quickly. “Stay here. Think of it. Don’t try to come for Jessica.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seohyun's body lied weak, her lips dry and her face was obviously so pale when Yoona moves closer to her, after "getting rid of" the Unnies, which for her was all for Hyunnie's good.

 

“Hyunnie…” Yoona called her name softly, huskily. Gently, she held her hand, delivering the warmth to the younger woman. “Take a good rest… I know you’re strong and you can handle it all. I would trade anything to see you always happy, healthy… anything. So, please…” 

 

She allowed herself to be silent for a moment while staring at Seohyun with her empty eyes. Again, she recalled how long Seohyun had been a little over sensitive when dealing with the problems of the Unnies, especially when it comes to their love affairs. A little can be guessed by Yoona that Seohyun felt depressed over everything. It could be said that even though she was not the one who went through all the problems, but her tender heart was a little too easily touched and her mind was a little confused about what to react which caused her for several times to overreact. Everything she feels is none other than because she really loves all of her members, of course, and no exception. The fuss after fuss that was prompted by the Unnies' childish attitude— which pushed Seohyun to be more stressed than she should be—in the end, made Yoona really feel annoyed. They only think about themselves and do not realize that other people also feel and are affected by the drama they have created.

 

“Also…. I’m sorry that I made everything harder for you. I’m sorry for what I did. I know you’ve spent such a long time to receive it. For all the disappoinment I caused you, I do apologize. Mianhae…” She gulped, holding her tears as she failed it right away. “When you wake up, I promise everything will be better for you. I will do anything that makes you happy, including forgetting my feeling for you. If that’s easier for you, then I should.”

 

She wiped her tears and pushed herself to be the stronger one. Beside, she felt so ugly of crying and being emotional after everything that happened.

 

“So, wake up soon… Everything’s gonna be okay.” She rubbed her hand softly, pouring all of her feeling wholeheartedly. “Let’s eat any healthy food you want me to eat. Also, remember… you still have to buy me some groceries. I have no stock at home.” She chuckled a little. A bitter one. “Should I bring Yonghwa Oppa here to make you feel better? Do you want me to? Tell me. Anything.”

 

The tears fell down again as she once again failed to hold it back. A monolog after monolog, but Seohyun didn’t budge yet.

 

“I talked too much, didn’t I?” She smiled faintly. “Honestly… The Unnies disappoint me a lot. The fact they’re so childish and involved us, it’s depressing I know.” Gently, she Seohyun’s hair while staring at her pale but stunning face. “I hate to see you sick like this. I hate the way I can’t do anything to help you. Can I do something? Tell me what do I do, Hyunnie…”

 

Yoona daydreamed for a while and when she glanced back at Seohyun, she was quite surprised because Seohyun finally opened her eyes and looked straight at her. From the look on her face, Yoona understood how confused Seohyun was, but the fact that she saw the younger woman had regained consciousness made her really happy.

 

“HYUNNIE! You’re awake…” Gently, she helped Seohyun to sit and lean on the headboard. “Oh, thank God! I was terrified to see your condition!”

 

Seohyun smiled warmly at her, feeling a warm happiness inside to know that Yoona stood beside her, waiting her to wake up.
“Ne, Unnie…” She tilted her head. “Are you crying for me?”
“Ani…”
“Don’t lie. Your eyes.”
“It’s nothing. I just… worried about your condition. See… You look so weak, so pale.”

 

Once again, Seohyun smiled, trying to comfort Yoona by rubbing her hand softly and it was actually worked as Yoona felt a lot better.

 

“I’m fine, Unnie… Don’t worry about me.”
“How can I not? It was chaos.”
“It was… But don’t cry for me. Jebal… I don’t deserve it. You should not cry over somebody who hurts you too.”

 

Yoona froze for a while, trying to absorb the statement. She was thinking if Seohyun indeed overreacted over everything, including her feeling for her.
“Ani. You didn’t hurt me.”
“Yes, I did.”
“Let’s not talk about anything that will bring you down for now, shall we? Let’s focus on your recovery first.” She winked, trying to break the ice. “Arrachi?”
“Ah geuraeyo… Thanks for staying here.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter