CHAPTER 1

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

(Present)

 

The fresh spring breeze that day locked this one person at a café’s terrace, that particular café where she often spent time with the one she loves back then when the days were brighter for both. No matter how busy they were, they met each other there, pouring all the stories together.
 

“Here’s your order.”

She sighed another deep breath when the waitress put my order, a cup of chrysantheum tea on top of the table. Her phone beeped. She was a little surprised to see that particular name appeared on her phone’ screen.

 

❤ Jung Sooyeon ❤
Chickie baby…
What are you doing there?
How’s your work?


 

She smiled widely, feeling greatly in love. Without thinking, she pushed the dial button right away as she missed her girlfriend’s voice a lot.

“Yoboseo... Sooyeon-ah…”
“Baby? You’re not busy? I’m surprised you’re calling me.”
“Ani… I’m at the café, our favorite café. It’s been a while since we went here together.”
“I know you miss me… Please be patient, my Taengo…”

 

Taeyeon smiled a little to response.
“You know how much I miss you, Sooyeon-ah.”
“Yes, and you know how much I feel the same for you. Be patient, my love…”
“I will surely do. Isn’t it late already there?” She glanced to check the watch on her wrist. “Sleep tight, baby… I will continue my work before having a flight to Shanghai tonight.”
“Arrasseo… Take care of yourself, Chickie! I miss you.”
“Copy that, ma’am! I miss you too, so much, Sooyeon-ah!”

 

The phone call ended. She sipped another one, finding for a serenity from a cup of hot tea she ordered until suddenly, somebody startled her from behind.

 

“I’m late. Mianhae…” The woman around her age sat down in front of her, facing her straight.
“Aigo… I’m surprised.” She chuckled a little while sipping the tea one again. With a little smile on the corner of her lips, she stared back at the woman in front of her.
“Wae? Why do you ask me to meet here? Isn’t it the remarkable place for you and your girlfriend?” Taeyeon smiled over her insistent questions. “Aren’t you afraid that your fans will find out about this meeting and throw another rumor?” She pursed her lips, trying to hold her answer.
“Yahhh… Who’s gonna make a rumor of me dating a woman with 2 kids?” Taeyeon laughed lightly that time, also the woman she knew for such a long time, the woman in front of her. Suddenly, the woman gently tapped Taeyeon's head. “Sunye… Yahhh… You’re no longer romantic to me.”
“What for? You only need me when you have a problem, don’t you?”

 

The woman, Min Sunye, Taeyeon’s ex-girlfriend smile warmly as she tilted her head to react. However, she spent quite a long time with her and through thick and thin, she knows all about Taeyeon, especially because the woman has created sweet memories inside her heart. She had no idea why Taeyeon would want to meet her spesifically, but she knew, it was for a reason: she needed help.

 

“I know you’re in Seoul. That’s why I called you. Nothing happened… I just want to meet you. Really.” Taeyeon replied. “Are you comfortable meeting me here? How about your husband? Is he okay?”

 

Taeyeon grinned widely. She’s such a softie, and she knew, Sunye could never refuse her when she acted like that. In fact, Sunye, the leader of one of the biggest K-pop girl group in Korea, Wonder Girls, who has just arrived from Haiti that time, went straight to the café when Taeyeon called her.

 

“You can say whatever, Taeyeon-ah… But I know you.” Sunye looked at the chrysantheum tea pot on the table and grabbed a cup to have a sip. “Let me guess… What happened 8 years ago, it’s not happening again, right? I really hope not. I heard that you both finally together? Glad to know.” 

 

Sunye's gaze was as calm as the ocean, but sharp as a knife that has just been sharpened to make Taeyeon unable to react. “Hmmm… Guess it’s more to a bad one. You really surprised that I guessed it right? Taeyeonnie…” She smiled while shook her head. “I told you, there’s no way you could maintain your relationship without trust.”

 

Taeyeon was stunned, didn’t clearly know where to begin.
“Arra… I got it. Somehow, I feel like she’s still can’t trust me fully. I know that she’s afraid of getting hurt all over again, but so far, I’m glad that I could handle it. But actually…” She gulped it hard. “Actually, it’s me who’s afraid right now. I’m afraid if somebody’s still holding her feeling for Sica.”

 

Sunye glanced at Taeyeon sharply. She knew.

“Kwon Yuri?” One shot and it was right. “Is it about her? I won’t defend her, but… I guess it’s normal to actually feel it. Even back then, I felt the same way for you, even when I knew you could never love me the way you love… forget it.”
“Sunye-ah… Whatever happened between us, I cherished every moment. Sincerely…”
“Arra… Let’s put it that way.” She . “Then back about Yuri, why do you think she still owns a special feeling to your girl?”

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes and breathed a deep one to clear up her mind, to rewind all those conversations she had with Yuri, right before her vacation she spent for a month with Jessica, her girlfriend. After a long deep exhale, she continued, telling everything.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“In short, I feel like she cares a little too much about her, my Jessica and it’s irritating me so badly. She even made a bold move to actually tell me to never hurt Jessica again, as if telling me that she’s watching me and will be ready to catch Jessica whenever I make a single mistake.” Taeyeon ended her full-length story.
“It’s a long journey you both have, Tae… I really hope you will end up in a good term with Jessica, but I agree with Yuri, don’t break her heart ever again. She’s been through a lot because of you.” Sunye grabbed Taeyeon’s right hand, holding it softly. “I care a lot about you, so I really want you to be with someone you really love, Taeyeon-ah.”
“Jinjja gomawo… Thanks for listening me. I couldn’t think of anyone better than you to listen to me like this. I’m sorry that I have to trouble you like this.” Taeyeon held her hand back, delivering how much she adores her, as a woman, as a sister to her. She remembered those days when they decided to support each other, even whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter