Chapter 3: Jeon Jungkook

Heaven and Earth

Being thrown into the public eye at the young age of fifteen years old wasn’t the easiest journey for him. He was constantly met with constant criticisms despite his utmost efforts to improve himself, but he never gave up - and that was the most charming characteristic of Jeon Jungkook. 7 years later, he was part of the biggest boyband in the world with 6 other boys, known as BTS. The 7 boys had stuck together since a young age, and had relied on each other through the good and bad. 

It was another day at another music show. The lights were blinding, but he was enjoying every moment. This exhilaration he felt when he was performing rushed through his entire body and he loved it. The cheers drowned out his thoughts and he completely immersed himself into the dance. He lived for these moments, it made him feel alive. 

When the song ended, his heart sunk as it dawned on him that it was over. He came down from the high and rushed to change, getting prepared for his next schedule. It was the same routine - music shows, interviews, practice, home. For the past 7 years, he never had time to think for himself or who he really was - he was utterly confused by his identity, and he came up with a coping mechanism instead. 

He was a superstar in the day, but a well-known casanova by night. Everyone q in the industry knew that, but girls still flocked to him nevertheless. The whole industry slept around, this was commonplace. Furthermore, he is the Jeon Jungkook. He had everything a girl could ever ask for - looks, money, popularity and talent. He was one of the most good-looking idols - not only in the industry, but possibly in the world. 

He had his fair share of sleeping around, but he always makes a disclaimer before he does it. 

“You need to understand that this is consensual between both of us, and there is absolutely no feelings involved in this.” He always said this to the girls, but they never listen. They always fall for him after and texts or calls him repeatedly, which he eventually ignores, causing countless awkward situations at year-end award shows. 

“So predictable, as always.” He sighs as his phone lit up with an angry text message from the girl idol he slept with yesterday. 

*Blocks contact* 

What else could he possibly need? He had been thinking of this for the longest time, but nothing came to mind. Despite this coping mechanism, he couldn’t help but have an empty feeling in his chest as he laid down on his bed at the end of the day. But how could he express this feeling to anyone? People of his age told him how lucky he was to be having all these things, his seniors in the industry told him that this is the peak of his career and he should enjoy it. 

Who was he to complain? 

He tried to shrug this feeling off, to tire himself out before he slept so that nothing would keep him awake to think - but nothing worked.

When he eventually did fall asleep, he always dreamt of the same scenes -  two people running down the field together with big straw hats as they smiled at each other. He couldn’t identify them as they were not facing him, and when they were about to turn around, he woke up. 

It was always the same moment where he woke up. 

Reaching out to his phone, he looked at the time - 7.15am. Time for another day of routine. 

--

Walking back to her courtyard, she saw a familiar figure sitting on the steps looking dazed. "Hey, you." She muttered and Sehun shot his head up. 

"Are you okay?" He said while observing her unreadable expressions. "I'm not sure..." She trailed off slowly while he sighed, "I know that you are aware I'm in love with you, but don't worry, I won't make you do something you dislike." 

She widened her eyes at his sudden confession. "What are you talking-" 

"Come on Jihyun, we've known each other for so many years. We read each other so well, you must be joking if you're telling me you never knew of my feelings for you." He said with a small smile before looking towards the floor. 

Of course she knew. 

"And I know you don't feel the same way." He continued with a disappointed tone in his voice. She stayed silent while he continued on, "I'll object to the marriage too, don't worry." He said before walking away, leaving her at a loss for words. She couldn't even fight back because he was right. 

He knew he could never replace him, no one could.

Author's Note: and TADAHHHHH! Jungkook is finally introduced :D Thank you for your patience and hope you are enjoying it so far! And happy 23rd birthday to this beautiful soul :'')