Chapter 6: Miracles

Heaven and Earth

She was really down on her luck. Barely 1 hour on Earth and she already had a near-death encounter, how was she going to survive here for the rest of her life? She didn't know where she was going to stay, but she knew she was tired. She settled down on a nearby bench after leaving the alley, and prepared to sleep.

"Yah, you're sleeping here?!" She was about to fall into dreamland before she heard the man's familiar voice again. "H-huh?" She asked in confusion before nodding her head groggily as he stood beside her. "Yeah, I am."

"Do you have a home to go back to? If you do need it, I'll send you back." She didn't know him anyway. Wellshe is attractive, but he knew better than to take advantage of someone who had been nearly 10 minutes ago. 

"My home is a million miles from here." She murmured but he caught it, "Are you from somewhere else?" 

"It's my first day on Earth, I'm all alone with nowhere to go." She sat up and sighed while he cocked his head in confusion. "What do you mean? I don't understand."

"My father banished me to Earth because I refused to marry, so I'm here for the rest of my life without anyone or anywhere to go." She smiled sadly. Furrowing his eyebrows, he tried to make sense of what she's saying. Is this girl trying to lie to him?

"So... you're an alien?" He asked curiously and she burst out laughing, "Well... you can call me a fallen angel, I guess." She chuckled softly. He looked at her from head to toe. The bottom part of her hanbok was stained and torn up, while one side of her sleeve was also torn. Her hair was disheveled, her shoes were stained and she looked like a complete mess.

"What are you going to do then?" He asked and she shrugged, "I don't know, I'll just sleep on this bench for the night. Tomorrow's worries can be tackled tomorrow." She said with a light smile before nestling back onto the bench. When the cold wind blew, he could see her wrapping herself into a ball before attempting to fall asleep.

"This sounds crazy because I don't even know your name, but do you want to stay at my house first before you think of another plan tomorrow?" He asked and she opened her eyes slowly, "What?"

"You heard me. But don't be mistaken, I might sleep around but you're definitely not my type. The night is not young anymore and not everyone is as kind as me to save you if a similar situation ever happens later." He didn't even know why he said that, but he knew he would never live with himself if she ever got into trouble because he didn't help even though he had the capacity to.

"You are willing to take a total stranger into your house? What if I'm some crazy stalker and that whole situation was just a complete show? You humans are really crazy." She asked and he had to admit, he was surprised. No one had ever rejected him before.

"Well, take it or leave it." He said as he took his bag and attempted to walk away. When he peered behind, he was surprised to see her waving to him, "I'll be fine, thanks for your help!" Assured that she was still faking it, he continued walking towards his car. When he turned back again after a minute, he saw that she was already fast asleep on the bench.

"Ah, whatever, I offered." He got into his car and drove away after taking one last glance at her.

--

Jihyun fell asleep but also woke up quickly because she was constantly paranoid that something would happen to her. It was her first day on earth and she was sleeping on a bench in the middle of the street. It was a cold and lonely night.

Attempting to fall back asleep again, she felt a figure beside her and her eyes immediately shot open - only to find the man from earlier staring at her. "You scared me!" She screamed and got up in shock while he remained silent. "What are you doing here? I told you I'd be fine." She said through her chattering teeth, but he could tell that she was lying because her lips had turned blue from the cold.

He silently praised himself for turning back. He had already arrived at the dorms, but he stayed in his car for a longer moment because he couldn't stop thinking that something might happen to the girl that he saw earlier. She looked like she had just gone through a fight and lost badly due to her torn up and stained clothes.

Just like that, he drove back to Hongdae and found the girl right where he left her, sleeping soundly on the bench without boundaries - he couldn't believe how innocent she was. In that moment, he also truly believed that she wasn't a stalker and this wasn't planned. Heck, he was even starting to believe that she's really from another world.

"I'm here to save your stupid ." He teased and she frowned, "What?!"

"For a girl who almost got earlier, I think you're pretty naive to think that sleeping out on the streets would be safe." He rebutted and she was lost for words.

"I just don't know what to do. I'm all alone in this scary place that my parents have always warned me about... The only thing I have with me is the hanbok I'm wearing now, I honestly don't even know what my next step should be..." She said softly after a minute passed, but he caught every word.

Her words reminded him so much of the feelings he felt when he first came to Seoul from Busan. Although his parents were supportive of his career, they warned him about the hardships of trainee life, and the fact that they will not be able to be there for him. When he first arrived in Seoul, fear crippled him as he didn't know where this life would take him to. He had no recollection of days and nights because they all seemed the same to him as he was practicing every single day without an end in sight.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to ramble." She chuckled and he shook his head, appreciating a real conversation he hadn't had in a long while. "You're becoming more human I guess." He said casually and she let out a laugh. "Come on, let's go." He said as he stood up, gesturing to his car. "To where?" She questioned and he rolled his eyes, "Anywhere but here." He pointed to the yellow plastic bench before walking away. This time, she followed.

"You humans are really weird." She shook her head and let out a soft "Thank you" before shuffling behind him. He let out a small smile.

"I still don't know your name." She asked again and he stopped in his tracks.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook." This was the first time in a long while that he didn't have to say he was Jungkook from BTS. He was just plain ol Jungkook.

--

She was more fascinated by the surroundings and the littlest things. Like how the car lit up when a button was pressed, or when she entered the car and observed the interior intently, or when she started screaming in excitement when the car moved along the streets of Seoul. He saw her rolling down the window, smiling to herself as she admired the night view while she looked up at the blanket of stars. The car ride was relatively silent, but it was calming and just what he needed after a long night.

When they arrived at the dorms, Jihyun trailed quietly behind him. But once again, she was fascinated by the box which they entered, and sounds of astonishment could be heard when she felt the elevator rising up to the 25th level.

Stepping out directly into the opulent house, she followed what Jungkook did and took off her shoes at the front door. Looking around the area, she could tell that this guy was probably as rich as she was when she was in the kingdom. A chandelier hung over the long dining table, with a large screen and a luxurious sofa set in the middle of the living room, coupled with many other ornaments and picture frames on the sides.

Treading carefully behind him, she could hear laughter and shouts in the room. "I'm home." Jungkook said with tiredness in his voice, and she could see six handsome boys turning to look at him, then widening their eyes when they saw her.

"Jungkook, you can have your flings somewhere else, don't bring them back to the dorms." Jin said in disgust while Jihyun bowed her head. Did they think that she was selling herself?

"There's nothing between us. She doesn't have anywhere to go, so I brought her back here." He said nonchalantly as he grabbed a cup of water while Jihyun continued standing awkwardly at the doorway.

"What?!" All six of them shouted in confusion. "Maybe she's a stalker but she's trying to trick you!" Jimin shouted in astonishment while Jungkook shook his head, "She's not, I'm sure of it." This time, the leader spoke up. "How can you be so sure?"

"I just... know." He glanced at her and saw her looking towards the floor as they continued arguing, "This could all be a pretense, Jungkook. You're getting cheated too easily." RM continued on while the rest continued the debate.

They acted as if she was the one who was begging for them to take her. They acted as if she wasn't there at all and accused her of things she didn't do at all. Something in Jihyun flipped and within seconds, tears gushed from her eyes. "I think I should go..." She said softly but the entire room heard it. Everyone fell silent and Jungkook placed his water back on the counter as she attempted to wear her shoes.

"Where are you going to go at this hour?" He asked and she fell silent. He flung her shoes towards the door and dragged her into his room - this time, no one said anything.

"You can take a shower in the bathroom first, change into these and you will feel more comfortable." He said as he casually threw a set of old pyjamas to her. She nodded her head obediently and shuffled to the bathroom. When the door closed, he sighed to himself and let out a low grunt. This whole situation was a mess, but he knew he did the right thing.

Heading outside to the living room, he saw the boys huddled together in a circle. He settled down into a space between Taehyung and Jin, and the group looked at him in confusion.

"I know you guys are angry." He said calmly and RM snapped, "Angry?! This is pure madness, Jungkook-ah. We are okay with how you cope with things, through sleeping or flirting around with other people - we don't really care as long as they don't affect the group. But bringing an unknown girl back? This is really insane." He chided and everyone chipped in to complain.

Among the scolding and complaints, Jungkook stepped in.

"Firstly, this girl almost got by two men and I was the one who saved her.

Secondly, she doesn't have anything with her and she doesn't know anyone, she said she's from another dimension and it's her first day on Earth. Minus the last part which sounded crazy, would you be able to leave someone like that on the street at this hour, especially after she was almost ?

Thirdly, she doesn't know me. I was the one who offered to bring her back, but she'd rather sleep on the bench than come here. She really did fall asleep on the bench and didn't want to trouble me, but I drove back to pick her up because I know I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I know that I left someone in need in the lurch." He explained himself and everyone fell silent again.

The anger dissipated and he noticed that some of the guys looked more calm now. "I know she seems like a damsel in distress, but Jungkook, this could be a mere pretense." RM emphasized again and Jungkook shrugged, "We'll see."

After spending another hour convincing the members for the girl to stay, he went back to see her sitting on the wooden chair looking like a lost puppy. "You can take the sofa bed over there, it's comfortable enough." He said while she nodded and headed towards the sofa bed where a pillow and bolster was placed.

"I'm letting you sleep in my house tonight but I still don't know your name." He said while she widened her eyes, "Ah, right! My name is Kim Jihyun." She said with a wide smile and settled down on the sofa bed while he nodded, picking out his clothes to shower.

"So... you mentioned that you were from another dimension?" He asked curiously but the air was silent. When he turned around, he found her asleep on the sofa bed and was partly amused by the fact that the girl was exactly like him - she could sleep anywhere as long as she's lying down. Turning off the lights, he headed for his shower.