CHAPTER 8

ONE BREATH FOR TWO

The rehearsal was over and Yerin was still gone. They left the rehearsal room and headed to the dressing room to change and go to fulfill the terms of the contract. They made way for them, bowing their heads affably, they passed by, sometimes stopped to chat with colleagues, but did not linger. They talked with everyone except themselves, you could see everything in their eyes what they were thinking about, what they were worried about.

Sometimes the girls looked in the direction of EunHa, that after that call, when she stepped aside, saying that the manager had called, she became kind of strange. Her cheeks flashed every now and then, her eyes shone like never before, and her breathing became kind of quickened. The members were already worried if member got sick , all the signs of fever. But to the caring questions, EunHareplied that everything is fine, she just heard something that gave her an incentive to enjoy life. They didn't manage to get anything else, but the girls decided that if EunHa wanted to, she would soon tell everything herself.

The sound of heels sounded familiar at 15 paces. The first responded to the familiar clatter of the maknae , which was just ahead of her unnies. She lifted her head, her eyes scrolling over the walls of the company and rested on the smiling face of Yerin who was walking towards them.

- Yerin -unnie! - exclaimed the girl happily and not caring about the rules of decency or maintaining the status of "goddesses" in the company, she spared no tired legs and ran forward with open arms, which were soon detained in the hands of the elder unnie. - I've missed you! Why was it so late?

- Hi, Yewon - hugged back her Yerin , peering over the shoulder on the other members that hurried to her, too, wanting to hug her. - The flight was delayed due to the weather, but I'm already here.

Yerin tried her best not to look at EunHa , but her eyes kept stopping at hers. She really wanted to know if girl had told the rest of the members about their conversation. But the only thing she saw in her friend's eyes was the joy of waiting. Therefore, the girl decided that her friend had not told them anything, which means Yuju does not know about those words. You can breathe a sigh of relief, but this emotion disappeared somewhere, as soon as Yerin felt the presence of a friend next to him .

Which of them said the first "I missed", neither Yerin nor Yuju heard, and even now it does not matter. She is by her side, she is by her side again.

So naturally their hands intertwined ...

So naturally their gazes met ...

So naturally they hugged each other ...

And so naturally a kiss was placed on Yuju's cheek that the girl still could not recover from the gentle touch of her lips to her skin. She still would not have come to her senses if it were not for a light touch on her shoulder and a quiet whisper:

- Yuju , when will you tell her how you feel? A blush clearly formed on her cheeks as Yuju realized who exactly had said those words to her. EunHa .

EunHa , who had been watching her closely since Yerin appeared . And she didn't like what she saw. I didn't like the fact that she understood, those words were pronounced by mistake, and were intended not for her, but for a completely different person. I suspected for a long time, but always doubted, doubted even after that incident on the island, when everything had already become clear, but now everything was confirmed, finally confirmed. And understanding everything, understanding perfectly, she retreated. Because now her understanding eyes were looking at her, it was her hand softly touching her shoulder. What she once wrote in her diary, the words began to come true, the actions became more visible than before. The only thing that EunHa was with the rest of the members couldn't understand why they still can't see, because their eyes are open for a long time, emotions shine through through sunglasses.

How did I give myself away? Was EunHa really telling the truth then, about the fact that everyone knows my secret? Yuju looked around and found confirmation of her thoughts. And Yerin ?Yerin knows?

Yerin was having fun talking to SinB at that time , her eyes were sparkling with happiness and her hand was on the girl's arm. On the other hand, Umji was holding her left hand , not leaving the unnie, all the while afraid that she would disappear.

If asked this very second about Yuju 's desire , she would not hesitate to answer, " Yerin 's smile . " A strange desire, isn't it? After all, as soon as she called the girl's name, and Yerin would look back at her, giving her that happy smile that SinB now gives , their eyes would meet, and Yuju would feel the loving gaze of the member who is now giving SinB .

And yet it would not have been that smile, not that look.

Apart from these two, the others looked at Yuju coming from the side and shook their heads as if agreeing with EunHa's words .

- Why? - without looking at EunHa , she asked .

- What you want to tell her concerns only the two of you, and not all the people that surround us now - the girl's advice sounded too reasonable, Yuju could not find an answer, so she nodded in agreement. She smiled at Yerin , hiding that smile, and yet expecting the girl's smile only for her.

▫▫▫▫

In a matter of seconds, the city turned into a quiet haven, where the horizon gilded behind tall buildings. The mountain range that surrounded the island of people with green hills disappeared, dissolved in the ghostly fog of evening time. The solar shadows of the heavenly veil were blurred over the surface, depicting lines of fiery purple and pale orange clouds. They seemed to be reflected in the electric lighting of the city, giving the last warmth to the passing day. Moment and the horizon Al nye line razed to the ground, the sun leaving only a memory, comes from asphalt pavements, along which people from tall buildings, where glass mirror reflection of the sun soaked all day.

After a hectic day, the body and soul just ask to rest, recuperate. A tired man comes home, takes off his work clothes, prepares dinner for himself, communicates with his family, slowly, relaxed. A person can calmly sit on a sofa or armchair, turn on the TV or a stereo system, put a bottle of wine or beer on the table in front of him, relax. He is at home, here everything is his own, everything is near. Feeling how the body relaxes, a person realizes that tomorrow he will rush into battle again, just like the idols of the music show business, who have not finished their work for today.

6 girls relaxed, each in its own way, some in the living room near the TV, some in the kitchen, enjoying their food, some just leafing through a magazine sitting on the couch. The managers reported good news - for today you have completed everything, rest!

Yerin stood leaning against the jamb of the door of her room, from where she left 5 minutes ago, realizing that she would not be able to fall asleep. The girl, who fell asleep always and everywhere, slept very rarely in recent months. And she knew the cause of her insomnia. Reason was now talking to the members about what she saw when she was resting. Her friends sent her away earlier, taking care of her health, especially after they learned that Yerin hadn't fallen asleep so well in a week .

The girl quietly watched her friends, she missed them, she lacked such a homely atmosphere that now filled every corner of the room. Her eyes ran over the members, stopping at one or three of them, here they lingered for a long time, greedily absorbing the girl's facial features anew. She attracted. How long had she dreamed of seeing her eyes again, if only she knew how long! Eyes, a smile, a voice, the very presence, she was madly missing. She was distracted from her thoughts by the voice of the leader , which was currently on their common website on the Internet.

- I just read one interesting comment that you will like too. Here one Buddy writes: “ I heard that the first episode of the new series with Yerin is due out soon, is it true? I would love to see her in a new role ”...

- Unnie , said he will start from 15th of this month - EunHa rose from the couch, where she sat and flipped through a fashion magazine, she wanted to go to Sowon , to read the comment, then she noticed Yerin , standing in the doorway. - Yerin - unnie ... - she began, but then she had to clear and speak louder, because at that moment the girl did not control her emotions. - Unnie ,how long have you been there? Why don't you go inside?

- Yerin -onnie!

- Hi, I can't sleep - with all her usual grace, the girl walked deep into the room, trying with all her might to resist, so as not to look towards the seated Yuju .

And she did it, except for fleeting sidelong glances, yes, then we can say that she has an iron will.

She could sit next to SinB , play a computer game ...

She could pop into the kitchen and help Umji prepare dinner ...

She could have stayed with Sowon and EunHa who invited and sit next to her ...

She could have, but her legs pulled herself to the right place, where Yuju was sitting . Yuju , that from the very appearance of unnie watched and every move, praying to myself, so that she looked at it, at least for once.

The soul fluttered as soon as they touched each other. They did not say Mr. and words, just now the words were not needed, but courage was needed. And this courage was shown by Yerin , hugging Yuju around the waist, tilted her head to her shoulder, exhaled freely, and then said:

- I miss you so much, girls. I missed you so much. These seven days, when I could not call you, there was a feeling that you were never there in my life.

5 members passed each of their classes and carefully looked at the girl, that, having uttered such frank and secret words, fell asleep. A lonely tear rolled out of her closed eyelids , Yuju, very carefully so as not to disturb the girl's sleep, wiped it away . This was the first time they had heard such words from a shy girl like their Yerin . She expressed all the experience and pain that were in their hearts when they themselves could not call her.

- It's so good that I am with you now - breaking the silence of the living room, Yerin said , still without opening her eyes. She didn't want to open them as she was enjoying being intimate with herYuju right now .

- We already thought that you fell asleep, unnie - giggled Umji , before that carefully putting cups of hot coffee on the table.

- Yes, you can really fall asleep when there is such a scent throughout the apartment! She opened one eye to see the steaming cup of coffee Yuju was holding in front of her face . - Thank you - unconsciously running his hand over the girl's hand, intertwining for a split second with her fingers.

- Have you finished filming or is there something left? - the voice that followed the touch of the girl's hand was not much hoarse, Yuju cleared it, but he still did not give in to persuasion.

Her whole being was ablaze with admiration for this girl, especially after she mechanically ran the same hand through her hair, straightening a lock of silky golden hair behind a small ear. Yuju , and not only her, could not take her eyes off the tilt of her head, from her eyes lowered in shame, from a smile that simply drove her crazy with her innocence.

- When will we see you in a new image, Yerin-unni ? - hurried to cover up such an obvious fact of Eunha 's girlfriend , again returning to her original place, or rather, in a playful manner she sat down next to the armrest of the sofa, asking her friend to move.

Yerin has nothing, not suspecting, moved even closer to Yuju , forcing the latter to catch her breath from the heat that swept through her veins, stopping on the pale skin on her cheeks. EunHa later realized his mistake, but she just shrugged her shoulders at the condemning eyes Sowon and SinB who watched this scene.

- We still have 4 episodes, but I was told that he should already appear on the screen. So you can watch my new image right now.

- True? Then when is the first episode , unnie ? - Eunha asked briskly , looking forward to watching her friend play.

- It should start now - said the still hushed maknae , leaving the book with the page bookmark, she picked up the remote control and quickly began clicking the channels, looking for the one she needed. - If I was told the truth, then ... Oh! I'm sure this is what we were waiting for - the girl stopped, hearing a familiar voice that sounded from the screen.

The credits began to appear, and along with them the melody poured with the beautiful gentle voice of Yerin -onnie and the deep manly voice of the actor . The title of the film "One Breath for Two" was displayed on the screen.

Yerin stared shyly at the screen, where she appeared from the very first frame. She heard her friends gasp, admire her new image. They were struck by her beauty, especially her wavy, silky golden locks that fluttered in the wind as she walked through the park. The members held their breath, absorbed the new image of the girl, who now looked like a fairy from a fairy tale, an incredibly beautiful girl.

The first episode passed in silence, none of them tried to break it, everyone did not look up from the TV screen, curiosity plus interest, these are two signs that they were now hovering in the room.When the episode ended, when the voiceover started talking about what would happen in the next episode, it was only then that Yerin heard the members exhale, saw their loving and proud smiles.She knew that in any case they would be on her side, but it was still nice to know that the work was not in vain.

- Yerin , this is something incredibly romantic. Oh, how cute and beautiful everything is! What will be next? You look so good next to oppa ! Compliments poured in from all sides, forcing the girl to blush even more and hide her face behind Yuju's back , burrowing into her hair.

▫▫▫▫

The scene that unfolded in the center of the apartment in the morning after the party in honor of the end of the filming of the film "One Breath for Two" was performed in three acts, where surprise gave way to amazement and astonishment to stunned news. And it all started with an unusually early bird in the form of Yerin , who was already on duty in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for the members.

From what they saw, SinB and Umji , who got up almost at the same time, were speechless, and their eyes almost fell out of their sockets, in the literal sense of the word. Not only did Yerin fry the rice, she didn't add as much fat as possible! And next to it on the board lay thinly sliced ​​vegetables, and the meat was professionally cut with a knife. The thought flashed that it was custom-made, but she quickly left when they personally watched the perfect movement of the knife handle, which, slowly and confidently, cut the remaining vegetables. The girl who did not know how to cook, who always said that it was not hers, was now proving the opposite, amazing the members who gathered in the kitchen opening with her action, inhaling the surprisingly pleasant and tasty smell of fried food. Yerin did not see or feel their presence, she was all absorbed in cooking, moreover, such energetic music sounded in her ears, and she softly sang along, dancing.

The members could not believe their eyes, they stood as quietly as if they were mice, hiding, watching her. Yerin meanwhile, unaware of the surveillance, reached for the shelf where the plates were, counting 6 , took out, put them next to her and began to impose the cooked food. All her movements were accurate, as if the girl had worked as a waitress in a restaurant for all 7 days, and had not filmed in Los Angeles.

- Unni - quietly, so as not to frighten off, called the youngest member of the group, makne Umji , taking a cautious step into the kitchen. - Yerin -unnie , can I help you?

- Oh, are you awake yet? The girl smiled warmly, turning with a plate filled with steaming rice and a piece of meat dressed with vegetables. - I'm leaving in 15 minutes, so I decided to keep myself busy . And so, that yes - a contented and happy smile was reflected even wider on her face. - You will try my dish, right? - all the warmth in a split second dissipated and the girls, it seemed that the kitchen was 10 degrees lower. And the way they hesitated to answer, it got even worse, so they quickly nodded their heads, giving their consent and already thinking about whether the place was prepared in paradise. - Then wash up and let's have breakfast. My manager said he would pick me up soon and take me to the Running Man show.

- You're so much like a mummy, Yerin - joked SinB , quickly sitting down on one of the chairs, taking a fork and a plate of food waiting. “I hope you don’t poison us?”

“Don't worry SinB , I'm completely sure I succeeded,” Yerin said as gently as possible . - Bon appetit, girls - wiping her hands with a towel, turning off the stove, the girl was the first to start eating.After chewing one piece, she nodded her head approvingly, continued breakfast.

The members watched her fork, Eunha and SinB eagerly looked at the food, realizing that they would still have to try it first. They did not dare, Yuju sighed a couple of times, lifted the fork with food, brought it to , quickly put it inside:

- Unni ... Aigoo as delicious! Delicious taste - she muttered, quickly swallowing rice, her fork flashed at the speed of light on the plate, the girls did not have time to follow her. -“You don’t know how to cook, so where does this taste come from? You did everything yourself, or was it purchased, and you're just kidding us?

- I don't understand, are you complimenting me or doubting me? - After finishing her portion of Yerin , in the morning she surprised the members once again by putting her plate in the sink, turning on the faucet, quickly washing it, drying it with a towel, and putting it back in the cabinet.

- Yerin , are you okay? Are you feeling okay? - two members spoke at once , looking at the girl's behavior.

- I'm fine. What's the matter? - Yerin leaned her back on the edge of the chair she was sitting on a couple of minutes ago, looked carefully at the speakers, not understanding what they were driving at.

- You cook, you wash the dishes, and you got up early! - gave a couple of facts, bending the fingers of his right hand.

- Did you like breakfast? - everyone nodded their heads, from such a gentle smile it was possible to melt, and they melted when such a smile appeared first on the lips, then in the eyes of Yerin . - Now I can proudly tell everyone that I can cook . But, unfortunately, this is the only dish that I now know how to cook - the girl sighed in disappointment, sitting down on a chair again.

- But how? Where did you become such a cook ?!

-It's simple. Shooting. There is a scene where I learn to cook. They shot a lot of takes, I remembered, even recorded. And so.

 

The news brought by Yerin's manager amazed everyone, just yesterday there was a party to mark the end of filming, that after Yerin's return to Korea lasted another month, and now the duet OST(where Yerin also participated) was nominated for the best OST . Her songs were joined by OST Yuju for the movie " Alica " and OST EunHa . In addition, at the ceremony, he is honored as a group opening, the beginning of the ceremony.

None of the girls knew who would win, who would receive the title of the best OST , but they worked hard, prepared. Again the days dragged on, again rare calls, rare meetings, except for the rehearsal in the hall where they met.