CHAPTER 7

ONE BREATH FOR TWO

7 days, 7 days was not around Yerin . This is the third show without Yerin . Any performance without one member is something like missing an extra link in the chain. This has happened a lot in the past and for various reasons, but the performance was always top notch. The member's voice was replaced with another member's voice .

And yet, in this situation, not knowing what happened to Yerin , there is no way to reach her or her manager, something changed in the performance. Her presence was not enough not only for the girls, but also for Buddy . They seemed to forget that she didn’t perform today when her part was playing, but instead she sang Sowon , they still shouted: " Yerin !"

 

After the performance, where they once again received the prize for the first place, they returned to the hostel. Into an empty, quiet hostel. Having crossed the threshold of their house, the girls fled to their rooms to change into more normal clothes, and, in general, wash off the stage makeup.

After the hygienic procedures, the girls met again in the living room, someone the TV, someone settled down with a book in their hands in the corner of the sofa, someone went to the kitchen to look in the refrigerator, someone sat down at the computer.

The conversation did not go well, lately they were more silent, but the silence was friendly, warm, homely. Each of them understood why the interlocutor was silent. Each of them worried about her friend, but no one dared to start a conversation first. Almost the entire week of Yerin's absence passed in silence .

The trill of a telephone call sounded insistently in the apartment. Umji turned out to be more agile than the others, ran to the phone, waiting with bated breath for a familiar voice:

- Yerin - unnie !

- Um , I'm sorry, but this is the manager . Hi Umji , the voice of Yerin's manager sounded on the other end of the line .

- Eunji- unnie , something happened? Leader Sowon asked worriedly , snatching the phone from the maknae .

- No, no, everything is fine, I just call to inform you that Yerin has one more scene left to shoot and will be back soon - the manager reassured everyone. She called more often than the girl herself, and reported the news. From her, the girls learned how the filming was progressing.

- Where is Yerin now ? Why didn't she call us?

- She has been on the set since the morning, she has practically no rest. Sorry, I myself can't speak for a long time, I have to go. I just called so that you don't worry, Yerin will be back to Korea soon - after speaking quickly, the manager hung up.

- I miss Yerin - unnie - the word they kept locked up burst out, the dam burst as if someone had given a command to speak out.

To Yuju, “I miss” sounded like her heart was heading for where Yerin was . She almost forgot how to breathe properly, these days it was rare to hear her laugh , and laugh tsya she becamesomehow quietly, not as usual. Every night she had nightmares, and she woke up in tears, and often Eunha was next to her . She hugged her, held her to her, whispered encouraging words, sometimes said nothing, but simply her head, kissed the top of her head.

In 7 days, 7 long days, Yuju realized one thing, a crazy, completely crazy thing. She confessed to herself exactly how she felt about Yerin . At first she denied them, but her thoughts returned her, then to the same past, recalling, then showing the moments when Yerin held her in his arms, and after a small quarrel, ignored her, and how painful it was. How she longed to please her again, to be again the one Yerin was used to seeing her .

It all worked out when one such night when Eunha woke her up , Yuju said:

- I love her , unnie - the friend nodded her head happily, hugged her tighter, saying:

“You finally realized it, Yuju .

- Did you know , unnie ? Wait, what did you just say? Yuju asked excitedly , trying to pull away from her friend, but she held her tightly. She gave up, and yet she was interested in one question. - Only you guessed about it?

- Not. Everyone except Yerin knew about your feelings.

- But how? Was everything really so noticeable? I myself just realized ... - Yuju still didn't believe that everything could be that simple. Her feelings ripened for a long time, and now, finally, they were embodied in three syllables, three fluttering words.

- You have felt them in your heart for a long time, they were just hidden behind a mask of friendship. Are you asking "how"? I saw you in the gazebo that night. Didn't you feel anything then?

“I can't forget about her. And what should I do now?

- To confess to her when she returns from filming from America - said the girl firmly. - We will support you in everything, we are a family.

 

Confess a girl? And not just girls, but Yerin -unnie . What if she refuses? What if the feelings are not mutual? Maybe for Yerin I'm just the closest person, a friend, and not someone else? If so, how then to look into her eyes?

I'm nervous. I am not calm at heart. Call me, call at least somebody. Yerin !!!

 

- What? - answered the soul of the girl leaving the taxi, who gave them a lift with the manager to the Los Angeles airport . - Someone called me? - looked around, but except for somewhere hurrying people and her manager, there was no one around her acquaintance. The girl shrugged her shoulders, took out her passport and plane tickets from her purse, followed the manager, who was carrying her suitcases in front of her. Poquelin unnie Cove around was not, and this is strange, because usually she was surrounded by photographers, she was surrounded by screaming, pleading to take a picture, an autograph.

The connection has been updated, and now you can call and reassure your loved ones, your members. How she missed them, how she missed the crazy actions on their part, how she wanted to hug them all, in one big hug. Getting on the plane in front of her eyes, she already saw them, all 8 that smile at her, hug her, say how bored they were.

She saw Yuju ...

... she felt her arms around her ...

... she could smell her ...

... she heard her deep voice saying:

... I'm so waiting for you, come back to me ...

**

Her flight was delayed by five and a half hours.

Poquelin unnie ki , standing at the airport Korea, eagerly awaiting the appearance of Yerin . Some had arrived here in the morning, some had just joined, but everyone was waiting for the plane to land from Los Angeles . They waited for the door from the track to open, where the plane would land, and their Ice Princess Yerin would pass through the open doors . They all arrived here, unable to withstand 7 days of separation from the girl, worrying and worrying about her. They needed to see her, make sure she was okay.

Her flight was delayed by 5.5 hours.

In the rehearsal room, where the music was playing loudly, where they were learning a new dance, 8 girls nervously looked at their watches, following the hand of the clock more than the coach. It had long been past the appointed time, her flight was supposed to arrive at the airport lane 5 hours ago, so why is she not with them? Why isn't she here?

▫▫▫▫

In a heavenly flight, clouds danced, various figures, winked at the seated girl looking out the window. She was worried because the weather conditions had changed the arrival time. And again, like that time, her telephone line worked poorly , turning on and off at its discretion. But she managed to call both the family and the girls, so why worry? And the captain says that there is nothing to worry about, they will soon land on the airport strip in her hometown.

She just needs to put herself in a little order so that the photographs come out with a not very tired face. Her heart beat much faster when she saw the familiar outlines of the earth from the air, yes, here it is, her city, in full view. There, in one of those tall buildings, her members are rehearsing now. She was eager to see them, to hug them, to hear them.

In the meantime, she had to put up with the inevitable - the expectation. After all, she still has at least an hour and a half to fly to her hometown , if not longer.

What to do with myself while I wait? Games? No, to be honest, I've already played enough today, my eyes even hurt. Maybe get some sleep? Yes, I would love to, but for the last 2-3 months I have lost sleep. I can’t close my eyes and concentrate on my sleep, noise and conversations that bothered me less before are distracting. The reason was too simple and stupid.Closing my eyes, I most often saw our leader, Yuju , in front of me. Silly, isn't it? My thoughts often began to remember her, but I did not try to figure out why. And I don’t see the point!Okay, so what to do?

While the girl was thinking, her fingers began to quickly type something on the phone, not yet waking up, the message was sent to the recipient. It was as if a veil had fallen from her eyes when the girl read the sent message, and most importantly to whom it was sent.

From Yerin :

To Yuju : Be quiet , it's me. I'll call you back.

What for?! Why did I type such a strange message? Why did you send it, oh no, now you cannot erase it and return it back! What will Yuju think of me when she reads it? Silly, Yennie , you are silly. It's strange why my fingers are looking for her number and press the "call" button, but how does my brain not react to it? Why am I waiting, and even so impatiently waiting for her to pick up the phone and I hear her voice? Why all these precautions? And why does this happy, strange and stupid happy smile appear on my lips when the receiver clicks on the other side and Yuju says “hello”? And the voice, yes, I got used to the fact that my voice disappears every time I hear Yuju's voice . I need to say something, or rather, to come up with something quickly, while ...

- I love you

Oh no! No no no! Stop! Did I say that ?! Now?! Her?! No, no, it can't be ?! Quickly, come up with something else, quickly ...

- I miss you

This is certainly better, but not from my point of view. It became even more confusing, well, it remains only to hear that ...

- How long to wait for you, Yennie ? We miss you too ...

EunHa? Where is she from there? I'm talking to Yuju , isn't it, isn't it, isn't it?

Yerin gazes at the number she dialed with a sinking heart and, with horror or relief, realizes that she was mistaken. She made a mistake not only in sending the message, but also in the call itself.

- EunHa, hello - she replied in confusion, trying to figure out, to do everything to justify herself. - I was told that we still have to fly for 1.5 hours. So, I’ll dial you right away when we land, what are you doing there?

- We are rehearsing now, and we are waiting for a call from you, and here you are. I miss you a lot, Yerin-unnie. And I love you very much too.

- I'll call soon, bye - Yerin pressed the "reset" button, put it in her purse with trembling hands, leaned her forehead against the cold window, froze.

The face was red as cancer, and his breathing was rapid. Now if she does not hold back, then hysterical laughter may break out.

I almost told her I love you. Thank heavens it didn't happen! Ha ha ha, I called EunHa ! EunHa , not Yuju ... How easy it is to pronounce them, and after them it became so easy as if I had freed myself from the shackles that bound me since the time when we won with our first song ...

How easy it is to say "I love" ...

How hard it is to keep this word to yourself, to pretend that everything is in order ...

Maybe this call is a sign of fate? A sign that said to wait?

Wait, wait again, but should we wait?

 

They have already announced the landing of the plane that it was flying " Los Angeles - South Korea", the welcomers looked out excitedly about the long-awaited girl, who was delayed in flight for more than 6 hours. They impatiently watched those who were in front of her, whom they had already met, and who left the airport joyfully. Each of the men vowed unnie Cove holding a sign of welcome, more capital its name, one of them holding a picture with her image. Tension was building in the air, it was ready to explode with only one spark, which should just about ...

The doors opened for the last time and from there, accompanied by her manager and security guards, a girl came out with a model's gait, illuminating the gray shades of the airport walls with her appearance.