CHAPTER 9

ONE BREATH FOR TWO

Sowon sank wearily to the floor after another rehearsal in the company hall, where they repeated the same dance over and over again, which they will perform at the beginning of the ceremony. Each movement was learned by heart, but they still honed it to perfection.

The coach left the girls a long time ago, although she finally said that they had done so well for today. Sowon would understand the girls perfectly if someone suggested going home now. But none of the 6 tired members said anything. Each of them knew what the award ceremony was, what attention to it.

There were two days left until the appointed time, and during these two days they should give their best. The leader again looked at her friends individually , noting who and how much was already exhausted. How much more to rehearse. Her gaze first lingered on Eunha , the girl at that moment was looking for something in her bag, while holding a bottle of water in one hand. Probably again a pill from the head, today she has swallowed it 5 times in a row. From the very morning, she, and not only her, but also SinB and Umji had head aches .

As a leader and as a friend, she was worried about the girls, but could not help. Soon, her eyes moved to the center of the rehearsal room, focusing on Yuju, who was sitting in front of the mirror .The leader did not need to follow her gaze because she knew what she would see. Yuju watches Yerin again. And yet, the leader could not resist and followed (so as to make sure that her words were correct).

Yes, Yuju's gaze burned across Yerin, sitting on the opposite side, whose long silky hair covered part of her tired face in dark gold as she bowed her head to her knees.

The leader sighed and turned away, let them figure it out themselves.

Yuju couldn't get enough of Yerin.

Today she wore a black sleeveless T-shirt and sweatpants of the same color. As soon as she thought about the fact that this color suits her fair skin , how her unnie looks great even in such work clothes, she met an interested look from Yerin on herself.

The world has ceased to exist.

Everything has become unreal.

The soul that held the thread of fate again gave a chance to reveal the secret, but whether this chance will be used.

They were followed by 4 pairs of eyes. They dreamed that they too, someday in the future, would have the same captivating sensitive gaze that creeps through and is intended only for her.

Only to her.

Without breaking eye contact, Yerin smiled, and a smile reflected on her face as Yuju responded with the same smile. Words were not needed, why, if the look spoke for itself. But these words were heard only by the people around them, while they themselves were in the dark.

- Well, let's banish our dance again, and then go home? - Taking a sip of water from the bottle that was on the table, asked Sowon , wiping sweat from her body with a towel. Umji stood next to her, sipping a sip of cool water, she took a deep breath, nodded in agreement with unnie's proposal.

“I ’ll probably not be able to go home, my schedule will not allow,” SinB said , pointing to the phone she had just taken from her ear after talking to her manager. - Oppa, he said that he would pick me up in 2 hours, so he would have to wait for the rest.

- What are your plans, girls? Yuju inquired about the next move , looking away from Yerin , nevertheless expecting her to respond. - I have no plans, no schedule either, so I'll go home.

“I was invited to participate in the Strong Heart show, so I’m busy in the evening, Umji reminded .

- Oh, exactly, good luck to you today, Umji . Dinner will be waiting for you in the microwave, as usual, ” Sowon said , straightening her long black hair behind her back.

-Yes, good luck, Umji, - encouraged Eunha, holding her fists up, and then came up and hugged her. “I’m going with Yuju because I don’t have a schedule, but what are you going to do, Yerin-unnie?”

- I agreed to meet with my older brother, in the evening we will go and have dinner together - stretching her shoulders and legs, shared her plan for evening . - He wants to talk to me about something, but did not want to over the phone.

- Do not stay long and say hello from us - her leader admonished, Yerin just nodded with a sweet smile.

 

The elder brother, Jung Jinhyun is sewn to eat before the appointed time and had to be photographed with everyone, and who is, of uzn aval, when you come into the cafe. He knew that the paparazzi spinning somewhere nearby, taking photos, discussing with whom the appointed meeting, but now e mu did not care. Now I scheduled a serious conversation, which is Jinhyun endowed camping , open the eyes of his shiftless sister.

Yerin  joyously waved her brother, a loving smile lit up her face. She gracefully walked between the tables, as if a goddess had entered the room, and not an ordinary person. Today, as in other things and always, the girl dressed in her favorite and comfortable clothes - a dress and a jacket. She took her silky curly hair in a ponytail, inviting everyone to contemplate the neck with the necklace. As usual, they were wearing something on their hands, today they were two bracelets in the form of watches, black and burgundy.

- Hello, oppa. What is so important that you want to talk to me? - Sitting down next to her brother, Yerin asked carelessly. The look itself became gentle and she felt free and relaxed next to Jinhyun.

- You're late, Yerin. We agreed to meet at half past four, and now 17:50pm. Where did you stay so late? It is a secret date - in e th eyes slipped devils, when he watched the confusion sister.

- Today I have a date only with you. And I was not late! - its tenderness seeping in bare se . They sat quietly for a while, without breaking such a natural silence, then Yerin nevertheless askedcuriously . - You didn't answer me, oppa. Do you have any problems?

-Not from me, but from you. - He didn't pull anymore, pointed directly at her, Jinhyun quickly continued, as if afraid that he might be interrupted. - For several weeks now I have been waiting for your confession, and you keep silent!

- I do not understand. What are you talking about? - Yerin looked at Jinhae , waiting for the continuation.

- I'm talking about the fact that you fell in love! You are in love! - whispered to it , noticing the blush on the cheeks, sister. So it’s true. His little sister fell in love, JinHo smiled happily with me, at his guess. Now it remains to find out what the name of the chosen one is. “And don’t deny, Yennie, you’re betraying yourself now. Yennie, tell me, is your love mutual? You finally experienced those feelings, and tested on yourself what adults are saying.

Yerin was silent, and no matter how she tried to talk, she couldn't get a word out. Jinhyun thought , that is, of cunning work, but no matter what names he did not name, has listed all the x men out of their company, called even by Daniel Hill, but all in vain.

“As I thought, you won't say anything. Just know that your heart will always find the right solution. Listen to him, not a stupid head. When you're ready, write me a name, okay?

They said goodbye and Yerin returned to the dorm brooding , and did not respond to the girls' questions. Citing fatigue, she was the first to enter the room, undressed, went to bed, buried in a blanket. Her eyes remained open, her brain worked, again exhausted by unwelcome thoughts, where the same name sounded all the time.

I'm in love. Why do I still deny it? After all, quite recently I almost confessed to her. If not for that mistake, how would she look at me now? Were we as close as before? Would she stay my friend or avoid me? And what should I do now? Confess or wait? But I can’t wait any longer, I feel that something is changing with us every day. And it affects not only us, but also the group. So that I don't feel there, the group, first of all. Have we been through so much that now everything is back in those painful times? Not. We will not go back there.

Then what should I do? What do I do now, please , tell me, what am I going to do ?!

Tears of their own accord escaped from the depths of her tormented heart. She was sobbing quietly, but all the same , Umji could clearly hear her , heard her and did not know what to do: whether to wake the unnie or let her cry. The girl acted reasonably at that time, pretended not to hear her friend's cry. Let the pain that torments a member's heart subside overnight, let the water wash away the tortured heart and soul.

The new day brought new worries and new thoughts, to which the silence of the night led, the dull pain turned into determination. The eyes that had so mourned were alive again, ready to rush into battle again. Umji, watching Yerin-unni sneak glances at Yuju , realized that she had made an important decision for herself. And no matter how difficult the choice was for her, she chose, and so that she does not choose Umji will always remain on her side. All of them, 5 members, will all stay on her side.

▫▫▫▫

The annual awards ceremony in the city of Seoul was held at the appointed time, without changing the seasons, without changing the date, only the names of the people who came here changed.

Then forecasters promised a clear sky and a cool evening, but many of the residents and invited guests did not believe in the forecasts. Whoever looked out of the windows at the street at that time, always saw the same thing - the sun scorching at its zenith. The daytime sun ruined all plans for a cool evening, but by the time the ceremony began, it had sunk over the horizon, leaving behind an invisible trace of heat and stuffiness.

A fleeting breeze brought a blooming scent from the flower beds and the scent of a woman's perfume. Homelessness s e evening curtains and stained pale star bitmaps. Pale yellow crescent furtively peeking around the corner high first floor of the building, unceremoniously begging for an invitation to a party.

This evening promised to be magical, so many believed, but only she was sure of it. The girl confidently, knowing about her beauty, gracefully got out of the car, throwing her hair the color of dark gold behind her back. Paparazzi outbursts lit up the red carpet as she walked with her head tilted to the side, smiling shyly at the screams of fans.

Next to her were the same beautifully dressed girls from her group, she herself sometimes could not take her admiring gaze from SinB's dress , which so clearly emphasized the color of her eyes, giving her an even more delicate look.

Each of the 6 members of the famous Korean group GFRIEND attended today and each presented their dress style. Each of them has turned into beautiful ladies over these 5 years, revealing to the world a new image of "Girls of Worship".

Yerin once again looked at the 5 girls admiringly , now they really looked like "goddesses" who came down from the heavenly kingdom to show mercy to all subjects. She was proud of them and proud of herself. She felt with all her heart that today would be an evening of discoveries, the beginning of something new and unknown, which she had been waiting for so long.

 

Their group was greeted by the presenters who represent the ceremony today, they were stopped near the stand and asked to answer a couple of questions. Everything was as usual, they were already so, and every time it was breathtaking, appearing here. And now the leader of the group with a sinking heart followed the members, smiling and waving her hand like the paparazzi or fans. Her head was empty, all thoughts had disappeared somewhere, and for some reason my fingers tingled, and my throat felt dry. Is it all because of the nerves or the outfit Yerin walked next to her? For her, Yerin has always been the kind of member who knows how to dress. She always prompted in the choice of this or that outfit and it often happened that her taste coincided with her taste.

Today Yerin wore an elegant navy blue silk knee-length dress, clearly showing off her chic figure. The neckline of the dress is small enough to show and hide at the same time, around her neck was her heart pendant borrowed this morning. In the moonlit reflection, earrings glittered, revealing a beautiful earlobe, a transparent pink lipstick played on the lips, shadows on the eyes are almost invisible. The barely noticeable scent of jasmine made Yuju dizzy , causing her to stumble over the flat red carpet.

**

After the opening ceremony, in which they performed flawlessly, the girls were now looking forward to announcing the Best Movie OST award. Before that, there were some discoveries that really surprised and delighted them. The film, which starred Yerin , won places for "Best Duet", "Supporting Actress". No one expected that the film, which had just come into its own, would become famous in such a short moment and break records for the nomination for Rookie of the Year.

 

- I can't believe my eyes, apparently this film was so liked by the residents of our Seoul that so many people voted for it! He tried hard enough today in taking prizes. So the nomination for " Best OST" goes to the duo Yerin and ( ... ) congratulations!

 

Applause and a bright smile on the lips, congratulations from all sides, happy handshakes and hugs. The speech of the nominees, everything, as always, differed only in the expression in the girl's eyes, which always took them aside, now they were burning with determination ...

 

The first chords of a familiar melody sounded in the room, making everyone freeze in anticipation of each listener when a duet, striking in its beauty, entered the stage. They were perfect for each other, their voices merged into one breath, as if the whole story of their love was told again.

Where has my breath gone? What is this thrill coming from my heart? I respond to every breath you take, to every intonation in your Yerin voice . This feeling is captivating, as if I live in your song. You remember, you must remember, because you could not forget our shared memories? Please look back at me, let me sip the refreshing air that I need. Please look at me, I want to be with you, I want to live in your song. Yerin please ...

 

She is so precious your love

It's true even now if we look at each other

I wanna be with you…

 

An unsolved mystery sounded in each syllable, which magnetically drew the audience to the stage, trying to see the expression in the eyes, to hear the prayer of loving hearts. The prayer was heard, their gazes crossed and the secret that had been hidden for a long time found its abode.

 

Maybe over time we can change, let's not let go of our hands. Just for the sake of love, let's make our love eternal. I want it so much…

Their souls trembled and revived, knowing each other anew, when, without taking their eyes apart, silently, they uttered the words of the vow. At the end of the song, their smiles served as a mutual secret, their lips distinctly swore an oath before the sky and witnesses.

 

To make my life complete

You make my life complete