CHAPTER 6

ONE BREATH FOR TWO

She remembered what the first emotions were after Yerin, by the way, said, hugging her from the back, but saying to everyone together:

- I was offered a role in the film, and I agreed .

This meant long days and evenings without her communication.

This meant her rare phone messages or calls.

It meant loneliness. Unbearable loneliness.

And at the same time she was glad for such a given opportunity, to learn something new, to know herself from another side. Yerin provides another opportunity to showcase acting talent.

Yuju was happy for her friend.

Yuju was happy for the member .

Yuju supported her, spoke words that bring good luck.

Yuju, but not Choi Yuna.

Choi Yuna her second part, was against the separation from the girl.

Choi Yuna already felt lonely and therefore took everything that could be taken from communication in order to remember, to scroll her words in her head during those days and evenings when she was not around.

Choi Yuna was already waiting for her call ...

 

After reading Yerin's answers again , Yuju sighed. Yerin didn't call them again after that one call, didn't write any messages. Her manager said that the shooting was being delayed, and it would take at least a week, she would be back. Maybe. It was this word "possibly" that killed, upset. Yuju suffered guesses why Yerin not call them. I would give the message, call some of the members, not necessarily with her. If only she knew how much she was missing.

There was not enough of her sleeping in the room.

Her laughter was missing.

Her touch was missing.

Yuju glanced at the 4 members frolicking like little kids around the apartment (yes, leader Sowon can frolic too). Crazy, but so dear. With them, she did not feel alone. In them she saw a piece of Yerin.

She hoped that in the evening she would still call them or at least send a message that everything was fine with her. If only she knew how she expects her call. Please Yerin call me. I have to hear your voice, even if tired, even sleepy, any, just to know that you exist.

▫▫▫▫

Member's individual schedule , what is it? What is it?

A lot of work, yes. Even more burden and responsibility, yes. After all, you do not represent yourself, but a group of 9 people. Through you, learn more about the group.

A member's personal schedule makes you nervous and worried more than usual when there is no news about someone. It makes you think about those things that you don't want to think about. It makes you madly look for information on sites, at least some new photo taken by fans. Makes you think that your life has never intertwined with that of a member .

 

Yerin lay on her back with her hands behind her head and looked attentively at the top of the tree that bent its branches, blocking from the sun's rays, giving such a blessed shadow. A transparent sky without a single cloud peeped through the branches, although the weather promised to be cloudy, not for filming. The girl would love to close her eyes and sleep, but, unfortunately, this was not prescribed in the script. Now they were filming a scene where she needs to show her sweetest side, which is present in her. Now, a person who she is madly in love with, in whom, according to the script, she is in love, in love without an answer, must approach her.

She was here on the set in Los Angeles for the third day, and in three days she managed to miss her girls so much that she wanted to immediately drop everything and rush to them. It was her desire, but the desire could be fulfilled only if she adequately finished the penultimate scene.

True, she could call, but the fact is that the phone did not receive communications here. They filmed the scene close to the lake playing with emeralds, surrounded by a triangle from a rocky grotto, next to it a stream was gurgling, amusing the whole film crew with its ringing. A light breeze carried the smell of water streaming from the mountains to the crew. As the director said, the view is great and Yerin didn’t mind, it was really beautiful here.

 

- Seoyeon, are you sleeping? - a young man landed next to her, his face bent to the girl's face, she felt his minty breath on her skin. He always smelled of mint. Without opening her eyes, she smiled at him and shook her head. - Hey Seoyeon, I know you are awake! Look at your lover, I was in such a hurry to see you ... Seoyeon, we haven't seen each other for a day...

- You're late, Seungi. Therefore, here is your punishment - the girl pouted her lips.

- Forgive me, dear, I rushed as fast as I could - the guy sat next to her, his head lay on her legs, hugged her around the waist, inhaled the familiar smell of his girlfriend. - Forgive me. I love you so much…

- Fool - gently her hair, without opening her eyes, tilted her head, quickly kissed his cheek.

 

- And ... stop! Cut! Let's take the same scene from a different angle.

 

Yerin opened her eyes and met the laughing eyes of her drama partner . She was lucky that the actor chosen for the role of her lover , was given to Kim Jung , whom she knew very well. With him, she did not feel so alone, looking at him, she remembered her members.

Today was booked for romantic moments between a couple of heroes. And the weather conditions gave every chance for a great shot. The sun's rays heated the surface of the earth, the soft grassy meadow created comfort for the tired body, like a pillow for sleeping. Shadow, created from the branches of a large oak , gave strength, light smell the freshness. The sky winked with its purity, and the air itself gave the soul a rest.

Filming, filming, filming ...

▫▫▫▫

The day had long been at the zenith of the evening. Green hills covered the air with a sunny but still warm shadow, filling the air with the refreshing scent of night. The singing of birds, which had recently delighted the ear, was muffled in the evening bustle. The branches of the trees bent to the ground, forming interesting patterns of the ghostly world. The leaves on the tops welcomed the coolness, washing their face with the flow of the cloudless sky, saying to the lunar disk that they were approaching the top of the world with their steps.

The universe opened the gates to the unknown. The ashen outline of the sky, individual sandy lines of the setting sun, shades of purple sunset on the horizon, all this was reflected in the surface of a small lake, where a diamond river flowed from the height of the rocks, touching the deep stones of the cave grotto.

Yerin returned under the roof of the tree again, again she looked through the branches at the already night sky, admiring the distant light of the reflected stars.

 

What happened to this girl?

Why is her heart in turmoil?

Why don't her thoughts want to calm down, give freedom?

Why does she close her eyes every time she sees the day when everything became so strange?

Strange for her peace of mind.

 

The day that came to mind began right after the night she saw Yuju sitting alone on a bench in the gazebo. That night, too, was strange, extraordinary in itself. She still did not know what had awakened her then. It was just that something struck in the heart, as if a fireworks shot had sounded somewhere in the distance. Yerin was still very surprised why such a roar did not wake up Tiffany, but noticing that Yuju was not in bed , she decided that she went to watch the fireworks. But the strangest thing was that there was no fireworks in the night sky - no hint of it. And Yuju was nowhere to be seen .

After looking around for a while, Yerin noticed an indistinct shadow coming towards the arbor. What is Yuju doing there? Why isn't she sleeping?

What strange sensation do I have in my chest? Why am I watching Yuju from afar ? Why don't I go up to her? Why did my legs become so cottony, and my heart pounds as if someone inside me a drum roll? And the eyes, they are looking at Yuju in a very strange way . I don’t understand what’s wrong with me?

Shaking her head, as if to drive away strange thoughts, Yerin resolutely left her cover, took the first steps towards the leader. But, having made the first steps, she no longer so decisively ended her journey. The steps became slow as their eyes met in the stillness of the night.

Two glances, two hearts, two souls intertwined at that moment, creating the magic of memories.

Time seemed to have stopped.

And why, looking into such dear eyes, a line from a song that she had recently listened to in the car, when they were driving to the hotel, flashed through my thoughts. The line from the song now sounded so loud, as if someone had deliberately the music: " You are much sweeter than the candies that you gave me ." While repeating the words to the song,Yerin smiled affably at Yuju , her voice gently asking the seated girl.

- Can I join you, Yuna ?

She had not felt such peace of mind in a long time, Yerin completely relaxed being with Yuju . Beside her Yerin breathe. Then it somehow happened that their fingers intertwined, and something trembled in the heart. It seemed to have missed one beat per second, and then the breath went astray, causing the girl to blush. Without breaking the magic circle of weaving hands, she bowed her head, her smile was now brighter than the sun, but the darkness absorbed the joyful thrill of her heart. And she was grateful to the darkness for the sign of understanding.

Unhurriedly, the sunny colors of the morning multicolored came to visit, the dewdrops notified the inhabitants of the underworld that it was time to harvest the rainy harvest. The heavenly tones turned pale yellow, giving the heavenly inhabitant a reason to compete. Nature came to life with the singing of birds. Warm rays lightly touched the faces of the sleeping girls.

Rays playfully asked not to remain indifferent to them. At first, there was no reaction from the girls, but then they abruptly opened their eyes. Opening their eyes, they unconsciously reached for their eyes to rub them with their hand, but found an obstacle. They both looked down and found the other hand holding her. Slowly they raised their eyes to the girl sitting next to them ...

Was it not a dream? Didn't I dream about everything? Is she really real? So we ...

- Good morning - " what a wonderful morning smile she has ", the first thoughts of the new day swept through. - Let's go back to our room, otherwise SinB will worry about us.

 

Now resting under a tree, Yerin wondered why she hadn't shared her adventure with the rest of the members. Why did she decide not to tell anyone? Why did she decide to leave everything as it is, to accept and keep this secret?

Maybe she thought Yuju would tell about her ? No, Yuju was also silent. She was silent and whenever their eyes met, she averted them. But often during the days they took pictures for the album,Yerin noticed long looks from Yuju . And meeting them, her heart seemed to sing under them, revived, rejoiced in every second.

But there was a day when her heart ached, squeezed with foreboding, imminent parting. Intuition did not disappoint, she received a call from the agency, said the next shooting, which will take place in America.

It was on that day that everything happened in slow motion. Frame by frame, she replayed every word, every glance, every touch, over and over, trying to pinpoint the source of the pain.

 

Yerin took a long time to tell about the new role and the new film, but still there was no moment for such news. And, finally, such an opportunity fell out. In the evening, after anotherphoto session , all 9 of them were in one of the rooms, discussing the day and having a snack after hard work, restoring energy with food. Yerin looked kind of aloof, barely taking part in the conversation. She sat between Sowon and Yuju , hugging her, looking out the window at the same time, not listening to the girls' words. In one thing , Yerin was 100% sure that her members would support in any case. But how to tell this news, looking into the eyes of Yuju , with whom they have become inseparable for the past three days? Now embracing her, it was so cozy, comfortable, she felt alive, just being close to her.

What was this girl doing to her? How did she manage with one touch of her hand, in one word, to charge her for the whole day?

- Girls, I was offered a role in a new film, shooting will begin tomorrow. Tomorrow I will fly to Los Angeles - said Yerin , thanked Umji with a smile for passing a plate of fried rice.

She nestled comfortably beside Yuju's knees, warming her from all sides. Close to Yuju sat Sowon , she also gave up its heat. And Yerin was comfortable, cozy. They sat down without thinking, and yet in their hearts Yerin was very pleased with this arrangement. This way, she could feel Yuju's warmth for a longer time . She could raise her head and meet the smile in the girl's eyes , feel the touch of her hand on her crown, inhale her aroma with the scent of food.

Where the need came from , Yerin knew, it happened right after that night's sleep. From that evening on, she needed to feel Yuju's presence , warm herself from her smile, tremble from her soulful voice. Be the one who first sees her sleepy eyes, greet her, touch the first skin still hot from sleep. She needed to feel desired for Yuju .

- True? Congratulations. And what is the name of the film? Have you read the script yet? Who will you be filming with? - the members were bombarded with questions from all sides.

- I already have the script, but I was informed that it had already been changed, so the one that I have now is not suitable. In general terms, it talks about first love and what a person is capable of for her sake. I'll find out the names of the actors tomorrow too, everything is very classified. I will play exactly the girl who ...

- … will tremble at the first attention from your beloved guy? - finished the sentence for her Sowon .

- That's right , unnie .

- How much drama last? Is this a TV show or just a movie?

- A film that lasts a lifetime. - Yerin did not elaborate on what they mean by that phrase.

The girls asked a lot more, she answered, more and more realizing that in today's situation this film is like a gift for her. She did not tell the girls that she had already seen the script, that she had already read it. After reading it for the first time, she was very surprised when she realized that her life was directly described in the script.

All her steps towards her dream, all her experiences, her first love. The script was unusual, non-standard, and yet she agreed. There were two kisses in the script, two different kisses. Yet knowing about them, she agreed. And she didn't know if the members should be told about them. And how they will react when they find out who these two kisses are for.

 

Wonder how she would behave if she found out that Yuju hadn't slept all night. Yes, it's true, the main vocalist of GFRIEND Choi Yuna couldn't sleep that night.

How could she fall asleep knowing that next to her was the one who would leave in the morning? Her eyes were sticking together, but she was afraid that, having closed them, she would oversleep and not say goodbye to her. What was happening to her, she did not know, but she knew for sure, she should see how Yerin drives off. She is obliged to say goodbye to her.

 

As if her eyes would not stick together, yet Yerin was unable to fall asleep all night, which is why she left the hotel at about 4 am so sleepy. The manager with the car was waiting for her, helped to put the suitcase with things in the trunk of the car, open the door, put her in the back seat, close and drive away from the building. Yerin didn’t look back, bad luck, so she didn’t see Yuju running out into the street and waving her hand, quietly saying , " Yerin , fighting game !"

She didn’t see how Yuju went back to her room, sat on the bed and covered her face with her hands. Her hands were shaking, and her heart sank from the upcoming separation. There was only one hope that her member would call in the evening and say that everything was fine with her.

Whenever Yerin left without them, Yuju was worried and worried about her. And she didn't even have such strong anxiety about the rest of the members. Why she had such a feeling, Yujudid not know, and she did not go deep into herself to understand.

- Yuju , she won't disappear without us - how many times the members have told her, but Yuju still only calmed down when Yerin called them or texted if she was very busy.

 

Right now, Yerin was worried, knowing how worried her members were, because she couldn't call them to tell them everything was fine . One thought that in three days she would return to Korea with the film crew.