Valkyrie

Kkubi OS Festival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Adventure, Angst, Romance

Summary: 22 year old millionaire Miyawaki Sakura was sent to a dark, unknown place to collect 16 thousand mails as a punishment for being stubborn. On her way collecting mails she met, Kwon Eunbi, a teacher.

Word Count: 3103

Hashtag: #KkubiFestival_Valkyrie

 

Valkyrie

 

Sakura's Point of view

 

“Headache, wake up.”

 

I looked at the time not even sparing any glance to Lee Chaeyeon. 10 am. It's still early why did my dad send her here again?

 

“What do you want?” I said getting up from my bed. “You should go work.” I shook my head,

 

work? i have all the money.

 

“Sakura, your father will be really mad at—” I looked at her confused which made her stop talking. “Yabuki, tell nanny chaeyeon is here and is up for some coffee talk.” Nako nodded putting her phone down.

 

“I don't need your not so good acts, miyawaki sakura.” looking at chaeyeon, she looks really serious. I burst out laughing my off which made her really confused.

 

“You really think.. I will work for you?” I said as i continued laughing. “no way.” I added. “Really no way.”

 

“We'll see.” she said and went out my unit. “Madam, here's your coffee.” i looked at Nako and smiled, “You and hitomi drink that, i don't need it.”

 

Minutes had passed, I was about to get back on my bed not until i heard the doorbell. “Madam, your father is here.” oh . “dad-” I did not get the chance to continue what I was supposed to say when he talked, “You really won't listen to chaeyeon so i went here. I'm not up for brainwashings, Sakura.”

 

“Dad, we can talk about this.” i said raising my hands gesturing to slow things down. “You kept on saying, 'dad, we can talk about this.' 'dad, i'll promise i'll be better'.” he sighed, “You think your mom would like this?”

 

I clenched my fist as he said those words, “Don't bring mom in this topic.” he smirked and went closer. “Why? Are you afraid that your mom is not here anymore to spoil you, kid? Hm?” he chuckled and I just looked at him disgusted. How can he even talk about mom like this?

 

“You have 1 month, 16 thousand letters. I'm sending you to Willand.” I did not talk and let everything he just said sink in. “No games, no phone, no contact. The only thing you're going to do is to talk with people and collect 16 thousand letters.”

 

“If you don't succeed, you will stay there.” stopping he smirked once again, “forever.”

 

What? A month? With no games? No phone and contact?

 

That's another word for death.

 

“But, dad-” i tried to talk but he placed his index finger on my lips. “You're a grown up person, Sakura.”

 

“You might be thanking me for this someday.”

 

~*~

 

“Okay, i'm naming you Shubi.” i chuckled. “Let's go to that Willand place, Shubi.” i said hitting him not so hard and he started walking.

 

Why is this kid so slow? I'm losing it, my patience.

 

“Hey, Shubi say.. Let's rest for a while.” i said pulling him back making him stop. I went down the carriage and walked around the place where Shubi and I took a stop.

 

A house?? No. Do i approach? Yes.

 

Aight, Miyawaki you can do this.

 

“Uhm, hello? Is anyone there?” i softly muttered. “hello?” i repeated.

 

Oh, there's a bell. I pulled the short length rope to ring the bell. “Oh. Hello.” i blurted out when a man looking young came out. “Another Mailman.” he giggled but stopped, “Oh, a woman.”

 

“I'm Jihoon. I'm the boatman here. I assume you're going to Willand?” i nodded and answered, “Miyawaki Sakura.” he looked at me confused and spoke, “You must be Mr. Miyawaki's child?” i nodded and sighed.

 

That man is really testing me.

 

“Let's go. Do you have any ride with you?” said Jihoon.

 

Oh, right. Shubi! “I have my horse with me, can he come with us?” he smiled and nodded his head. “why not.”

 

“Anyways, people in town are really scary. I suggest to not associate with them especially Lee Hangyul and Nam Dohyon's family.” he said helping me get in the ship. Unlocking the ship from the bridge he sat down in front of me.

 

“Lee Hangyul and Nam Dohyon are 7 year old kids who are supposedly friends.” i looked at him confused, i don't know with the sudden interest with his story but it seems really fascinating. “Hm, i see you don't really know anything about Willand.” he mumbled and i just nodded.

 

“Willand was a town full of happiness, joy uhm i don't know love?” he said looking at the view, “was?” i asked.

 

“not until Yoon Jisung died..” he said with a sad tone. “Yoon Jisung brought happiness to the town.” he added. “without him it felt dull, sad, dark anything you can associate with the word gloomy.”

 

“people felt tired and depressed.” he continued. “no mailman greeting good morning for the day.” staring at Jihoon he looked very sad recalling things about that Yoon Jisung guy. “they started hating anything that has to do with mails since he passed away. Doors closed, windows closed, children are not allowed to play with each other. You're not allowed to have fun in town.”

 

“Because of those, people also lost their job.” said Jihoon and smiled sadly. “You should go to Ms. Kwon's place first. Since people in town really hates mailman or mailwoman whatever they call you.” he chuckled.

 

i giggled and smiled at him, “thank you for your wonderful talk, Jihoon.”

 

“No problem. We're here on our destination.” he stated and looked at the dark town, helping me and Shubi get out. Wow, it is really dark.

 

No lights? How can they even.

 

“go straight ahead, there's a signage written school just go inside ms. kwon is there.” i nodded and went straight ahead as he left. It is really dark, you barely can see the sun too.

 

“oh, there's the school.” i mumbled as i talk to myself. “hello, what do you need?” a voice from my back suddenly said that made me startled.

 

“uh, hello. i'm looking for ms. kwon.” she looked at me from head to toe and smiled, “i'm Kwon Eunbi. They send another mailman- you're not a man.. rare.” she said and opened the small door in front of me.

 

Her name sounds just like the horse.

 

“come in.” she said leaving the door open. I did as she said. Observing the room, it has one blackboard. It looks so abandoned.

 

“You're a teacher?” she nodded and smiled, “I lost my job.”

 

“oh. sorry.” she giggled and tapped my shoulder, “it's fine, kid. i'm used to it. Jihoon sent you here?” i nodded and looked at her. “Why did he send me here?” she pointed at the stairs as a answer which made me look at her confused, again.

 

“Mailman's work room's upstairs. Bedroom upstairs.” She said sitting down. “Why did they send you here? You don't look like someone from Kamagasaki.” i shook my head, “Because i'm not.”

 

“i'm from Tokyo.” formed an 'o' which i found cute. “You must be privileged working for a very rich city.” i chuckled, “I'm not.” i offered my hand for a hand shake and spoke again, “Miyawaki Sakura.”

 

With that being said she choked on nothing which made me burst out my laughter. “Why are you here?” she asked. “work.” she nodded and rolled her eyes, “Mr. Miyawaki sent you here after all he sends lots of mai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter