in between a thousand books.

Kkubi OS Festival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Fluff

Summary: when college student kwon eunbi gets a book recommendation from the part-timer at the book store.

Word Count: 1554

Hashtag: #KkubiFestival_ThousandBooks

 

in between a thousand books.

 

Ring!

 

A petite college student opened the door slowly, struggling to move the wooden piece blocking the entrance that was twice her size. On the other side of the doorway, there were stacks of timeless literature pieces, all aligned neatly according to their names and genres. In short, the latter had just entered a place she believed was her safe haven.

 

Ah yes, a bookstore. 

 

Eunbi was a twenty-four-year-old literature major at one of the top universities in Seoul. There was no doubt that her whole life had revolved around books, but those pieces are what adds meaning and happiness into her life. Though it affected her social life in a way, she was happy being alone, drowned in the endless masterpieces hidden through time.

 

She walked deeper into the bookstore, in search of more pieces she could distract herself with. The old, rigid racks were jam-packed with books, from the newly published ones to those which existed since the 1970s. Eunbi peacefully made her way onto her favorite genre section, which made her heart giddy from just thinking about the many choices she could choose from.

 

Genre: Fantasy.

 

She scanned through the books, her eyes darting around as she searched for a possible new fantasy book series she could read on her weekly "book-a-thons". Eunbi was a very big fan of fantasy books. Harry Potter, the Hobbit, Game of Thrones, Hunger Games, pretty much everything related to that genre itself. It gave her a chance for her imagination to run wild, and the scenarios written beautifully by the authors were already able to put her through an emotional roller-coaster ride through every piece she had read.

 

She ran her fingers through the books when she heard a voice greeted her,

 

"Good afternoon ma'am, may I help you?" 

 

She turned to her side, to be greeted by a brunette who was a bit taller than she was. She had a bob-hair shaped cut, and she had those charming, big eyes who would draw anyone deeper, even from afar. She had big ears, and in the latter's mind, her ears made her resemble a little elephant.

 

Cute.

 

"Ahh, I was wondering if there are any new fantasy books here. Do you have any in store?"

 

The cute salesperson chuckled, while Eunbi stood there in confusion.

 

"I suppose you are a big fantasy fan, so I doubt you haven't read the Harry Potter books or the Game of Thrones. Let's see…"

 

It was her turn to search for the books, as an attempt to help the older.

 

"What about The Lies of Locke Amora?" 

 

"I've read that one."

 

"The Colour of Magic?"

 

"My mother gave me the original copy from 1983."

 

"Gardens of the Moon?"

 

"I have the first press of that book."

 

"Lord of the Rings?"

 

"Hey! That's one of the most essential fantasy books to ever exist. I have the whole series."

 

The salesclerk gasped in surprise, and focused back on Eunbi.

 

"You've read pretty much every fantasy book there is in this store. Would you like to try reading another genre instead?"

 

Eunbi sighed. It was a bummer alright, but she thought to herself, "It wouldn't hurt to try reading a new genre, right?" 

 

"I guess it's alright. But I'm not too familiar with other genres, so if you don't mind, would you please recommend some of your favorite ones?"

 

The salesclerk, whose ID displayed Sakura as her name, beamed in delight. It was an honor to show her personal favorites to anyone, especially to a customer. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter