Vita brevis

Kkubi OS Festival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Fluff

Summary: Eunbi records her day with Sakura

Word Count: 4365

Hashtag: #KkubiFestival_VitaBrevis

 

Vita brevis

 

"What are you doing?" 

 

A crackle was heard and then there was a hand on the screen, followed by noises that sounded like papers being wrinkled. The display turned to a blur as the camera went out of focus. 

 

It didn't last long however, as five seconds later the hand moved away and the shot refocused onto the distance. What came into view was a simplistic living room with a two seater grey couch leaning on the furthest wall. In front of the sofa was a coffee table and behind it, hanging on the wall was a framed photo of a snowy mountain. Aside from the potted plants on the corners of the room, the space was decorated rather minimalistic, with a white wool rug on the floor, partially visible through the screen. 

 

A short haired girl suddenly came into view, looking right into the camera with a curious gaze. She combed her hair backwards with one hand and the hair strands fell back into place gracefully, but not without accentuating her sharp facial features which were warm on the eyes. 

However the girl was slightly frowning and her brows furrowed, as if she was dealing with the biggest obstacle she had ever encountered. 

 

“Nothing…” the girl muttered a reply, finally answering the question she was asked a while ago. One would've thought she had forgotten about it, being too focused on the problem at hand but with a glance to the side, it was obvious her attention had been split the moment the other person announced their presence. 

 

The girl reached for the camera once more, her hand obstructing the view as clicking sounds were heard. She had also muttered 'I hope this works,' and short pleas of 'please,' under her breath as the fiddling continues. 

 

"I think it works just fine," the other person commented. "Here, the screen says its recording,” she continued. From her voice that was slightly louder, it would be natural to assume she was standing right behind the camera. 

 

"Oh."

 

The girl’s hold was released and she took a few steps backwards, appearing on the screen, standing right in the middle of the living room. With the view unobstructed, finally shown was her outfit, a black spaghetti top paired with avocado colored cargo pants. 

 

“Am I in the center now?” she asked before doing a little dance on her own and the person behind the camera snickered. 

 

“Yeah… Um, maybe just a little bit skewed? Here, lemme just…” 

The camera was turned slightly to the side, the view remained unchanged but true to her words, the shot looked much better being symmetrical and in center. 

 

The girl looked pleased, giving a soft smile toward the person behind the camera. 

 

“Thanks babe. Just thought we should record this… Us… For nostalgic sake,” There were sparkles in her eyes and they seemed to twinkle brighter, visible even through the screen. Her joy was made obvious from the smile on her lips which had slowly tugged upwards, wider, happier.

 

An acknowledging hum was heard before another short haired girl appeared in view. Hers was purple, slightly longer and was messier. The girl who was seen through the screen for the first time had a soft feature, almost angel-like face. She who had worn an oversized black shirt stood ridiculously close to the other girl, as if the concept of personal space did not exist between them both. 

 

“I have no objections but…” a short glance shot to the camera before she continued. “Do you think it can last?”

 

The slightly shorter girl shrugged but she pulled the one asking into a hug by wrapping her arms around her neck. 

 

“We can try,”

 

“Hmm…”

 

“I mean what can go wrong. Even if it doesn’t, don’t you think this would be fun?”

 

“I’m interested in the fun part. Tell me more,”

 

Instead of answering, she gave the other girl a peck on the lips. There was a smirk on their faces, as if they reached a mutual understanding on what the other was implying. Then the purple haired girl leaned closer for a longer kiss, carefully cupping the shorter one’s face. Sensing that the other girl wasn’t resisting and was fully enjoying the contact of the lips, she slightly tilted her head for a better angle in deepening the kiss. They were slow, sensual even.

 

But like all good things, even that has to stop eventually. 

 

“What’s this, Eunbi? Are you teasing me or teasing the ones who will be watching this?” the purple haired girl asked after breaking the kiss to breathe. The sly smile on Eunbi’s face didn’t go away as she whispered something that was audible enough to be heard but only on maximum volume. “I don’t know. Can’t it be both?”

 

Agreeing, the purple haired girl leaned in for more but Eunbi grin should've been an indication of how playful she can be. With one finger onto the other girl’s lips, she stopped the attempt for more, chuckling when she noticed the sourly expression she had received.

 

“No, babe. I’m not done setting the camera. I think it went out of focus for a moment there,”

 

Still with a dejected face, the purple haired girl groaned. That sounded like an excuse and she wasn’t having it. But seeing how Eunbi wasn’t going to let her continue with what she had in mind, the purple haired girl reluctantly let go, but not without clicking her tongue in displeasure.

 

“You’re such a tease,” she mumbled, watching as Eunbi walked closer toward the camera and then to the side, disappearing from the screen.

 

“Sakura. Baby,” Eunbi called out. Her voice had become much louder as she was standing in a close distance from the recording device. “Go stand at the wall behind the sofa there, let me see if this setting works fine,”

 

The purple haired girl, the one called Sakura did another loud groan as she shot the camera a glare. And yet, her gaze softened as she looked slightly to the side, possibly meeting eyes with the girl behind the camera. 

 

“Anything for you, love,” she answered, turning on her heels and proceeding to walk to the furthest part in the room. Once there, Sakura stood still with both hands on her hips. She gave the couch a tug forward and squeezed herself through the small gap between the wall and the sofa. A couple of noises were made then, ranging from ‘argh’s to ‘urgh’s before the girl huffed in frustration in the end. 

 

“So,” she stared at the camera with a chuckle. “You think I’m skinnyyyy.” 

 

Eunbi was fully laughing then, loud and it made whatever Sakura said next to be inaudible. The purple haired girl was still talking - or complaining, nothing can be heard from her - when she suddenly burst out laughing a couple of seconds afterwards. Only then that her voice was audible, mirroring Eunbi’s loud 'haha's. 

 

By the time the laughter subsided, Sakura still had a happy grin plastered on her face, amused and delighted. Even her teeth were partially visible through the screen then, even when she was standing quite far from the camera.

 

“Baby,” Eunbi called out in the end and Sakura answered by making a love sign with both of her arms in the air. “Now come here, come over and let’s see if it will automatically detects movements and adjusts the focus,”

Following instructions, the purple haired girl squeezed herself back out from behind the sofa. Instead of walking normally or seductively - what Eunbi had possibly guessed Sakura would do - she had run forward.

 

“Babe, stop. No, no, don't ruin the camera, its expen-”

 

In the last minute change of mind, Sakura slightly turned her direction, heading straight to the side. She aimed to run into Eunbi and as she disappeared from the screen, a loud crashing noise was then heard. Another set of laughter filled the room, first Sakura’s then Eunbi joined along.

 

“That was dangerous!” It was Eunbi, talking between her loud resonating ‘ha-ha’s. “You could’ve ruined the camera, seriously, Sakura!” A smack followed and then Sakura’s laughter became louder. 

 

“Still laughing? You could've gotten us hurt too,”

 

The laughter slowly died down but the whispers afterwards were audible.

 

“You know....” There was a short pause. “I would never ever hurt the love of my life,”

 

**


 

“So what are we doing?”

 

The camera pans out to Sakura sitting on the sofa in a relaxed pose, slightly slouching, seemingly to be distracted as she pops something into . A smile formed on her lips when she noticed she was being filmed. With one hand, Sakura then gestured for the one holding the camera to get closer to her and the person did, resulting in a shaky screen as they walked forward hastily. From the blur and the jerky motion, it was probable there wasn't any stabilizer used during filming. 

 

However the shot ended up ridiculously close as the camera was then suddenly shoved right into the purple haired girl’s face. It turned to be much blurry, out of focus and pointing straight at what one can presume to be Sakura's cheek.

 

“Eunbi… what?”

 

"Nooo," the other girl whined. "Don't move," 

 

"Why would you record my face this close?" 

 

"I'm showing them perfection, which is your skin. This, ladies and gents, is the beau ideal of flawless beauty," 

 

"Eun-" 

 

"Baby..." Eunbi cooed. 

 

A sigh. Then there were sounds of struggles and despite Sakura’s pleas, ‘no, not the nostrils,’ the screen showed two black holes - blurry, thankfully - before it went completely pitch black.

 

“Why would people want to watch this?”

 

“Bold to assume this recording is for someone else,”

 

"But still... I wouldn't watch my own nostrils either," 

 

There was short silence before another scuffle was heard. It had taken less than a minute before the screen came back to view, no longer black and obstructed from what seemed to be Sakura’s hand. However instead of the purple haired girl in view, this time the screen had shown Eunbi’s sulky face, complete with a pout. She stuck out her tongue before turning to the side, avoiding staring right into the camera that had changed hands. 

 

“Do you have a nostril that I didn't know of?” the voice behind the camera asked.

 

“No, I don't have any odd nor ridiculous ,” Eunbi mumbled, defeated and possibly shy that she was being the focus of the fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter