It was Love

Kkubi OS Festival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Angst

Summary: Sakura reminisces the first relationship she ever had, which also possibly the last.

Word Count: 2309

Hashtag: #KkubiFestival_ItWasLove

 

It was Love

To you who is reading this, you might want to listen to  It Was Love by Zico ft. Luna of f(x)

 

"You're my only one."

 

"I love you."

 

"Always."




 

The movie finally ended, and the credits rolled.

 

I instantly recalled what I just watched. Hm, it's fine, I guess. I took my phone and lied on the couch. I lowered the volume of the television, and started scrolling through my social media.

 

@kwon_eunbi Taking a stroll, the sun is bright, the flowers in full bloom, can't wait for the Cherry Blossom Festival.

 

Upon seeing your post, I stopped scrolling, and looked at your photo. You're still the same as always, Eun. Entrancing, with a thousand stories hidden within.

 

As always, every time I see you, memories come rushing back as if it was yesterday.

 

~*~

 

The very first time I saw you, it was like a scene out of a movie. The warm smile you never fail to show everyone, made me love you, but more than that, it was your courage and bravery that made me admire the woman that you are. But I also know you've got battles to fight, and I want to go with you through it.

 

"Eunbi-unnie." I hesitantly approached you.

 

"Yes Kkura-yah?"

 

"Do you have a date for the festival tomorrow?"

 

"Eh? Are we supposed to have some date for tomorrow? It's a university event right?" you asked in wonder.

 

"Well–" I scratched my head in shyness. "I just want to hang out with you... tomorrow. For the whole day..."

 

"Sure. I'd love to," you answered in a beat.

 

"Eh? Really?" I looked at you with my eyes widened.

 

"Of course. It's a date tomorrow Kkura-yah." You winked as you uttered my name. I felt butterflies in my stomach just from that simple gesture.

 

The next day, I was able to be the first to arrive in the lecture hall. I waited for a few minutes until I heard my name being called.

 

“Sakura!” I looked up and saw you waving your hand cheerfully as you called my name. My lips instantly curled up in a smile.

 

Our date started smoothly. We walked around, visiting different booths set up by students from various programs.

 

“Oh? A bunny!” you exclaimed excitedly. I followed where your stare was aimed. It was a booth selling stuffed animals personally made by some of the Business Administration students. I looked at you and saw your eyes sparkling while keeping your eyes on the cute bunny plushie. I smiled inwardly and pulled you along with me towards the booth.

 

“Hi, I would like to get one.” I approached one of the students in charge. I got one so easily picking the most well-made bunny plushie.

 

“Here.” I held out the bunny plushie and showed it to you.

 

“Wah, Kkura!” You took the plushie from me and hugged it tight, squishing your cheeks against it as you indulged into its soft fabric.

 

It was afternoon already. We decided to spend the rest of it in the open area of the university. We lied down on the grass, with you resting your head on my stomach. It was filled with silence, but it was comforting. The wind slapped cold on our cheeks, but it made me feel warm.

 

“Sakura.”

 

“Yes Unnie?”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Hm?” I responded, confused. You got up and lied down beside me, this time on your side facing me, propping your elbow to support your head.

 

“Thank you for this day. I genuinely enjoyed it and I would love to keep spending time with you like this.”

 

“You… you want more, Unnie?” I asked cautiously.

 

“Yup. I want to know you better.”

 

Hearing it, even just a little of it, I know I've got a chance, and I grabbed it.

 

Two days after that, I finally took the courage to ask you the question I've been meaning to ask.

 

“Eunbi-unnie, can I officially call you mine?” I asked nervously. Silence and tension filled the air. You stared at me blankly, leaving no trace or any hint that I can get from you.

 

“Yes, Sakura,” you finally answered, giving me your precious smile. Unable to contain my excitement, I screamed at the top of my lungs.

 

“EUNBI-UNNIE'S FINALLY MY GIRLFRIEND!”

 

“Yah, Kkura! Stop it!” You hit me on my arm, trying to scold me in a hushed tone. I didn't listen and it went on for some more time.

 

Our relationship started great. Even though sometimes it wasn't, especially with how your life went, I know for a fact it'd be a challenge to help you fix yourself, but I want to be there for you because I love you.

 

I never saw you cry. But your eyes have been telling the truth.

 

“Kkura-yah… you know what I've been through. Please hold on and wait. Your presence is enough to me.”

 

Really?

 

Still,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter