Lost

Twist of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hari rarely experienced stomach upset. The only time she puked her guts out was when she over consumed alcohol, so she didn't know what was wrong with her for running to the bathroom to vomit for the past few days. Especially in the morning, Hari would wake up feeling nauseous, to the extent where she could hardly stomach her breakfast. 

"Are you okay? You have been vomiting for the past few days."

Young-seo looked at her best friend in concern when Hari walked out of the bathroom with a pale face. She assured Young-seo that she was fine even though she felt nowhere near okay. Initially, Hari thought she had some indigestion problem, but it seemed like her condition was more serious that she thought.

"You should go see a doctor and call in for sick leave today."

Hari shook her head as grabbed her bag from the couch, ready to make her leave, "I can't. Did you forget that today is EXO's 10th Anniversary fan meet? I have to leave now, otherwise I will be late and I am gonna get fired because you wouldn't stop talking to me," She rushed to put on her sneakers.

"Oh right! I almost forgot! I have been looking forward to today! Can't you bring me to backstage later?" Young-seo pouted and looked at Hari with puppy eyes, she has been pestering Hari about it for the past two days but the latter wouldn't give in, "It's a rare opportunity that you get to cover their make-up artist's duty for the day..." 

"Professionalism, Young-seo, I take pride in my professionalism. Okay I got to go, love you!" She blew her a flying kiss to her bestie before making her way out of the apartment.

"I hate you, Son Hari!"

 

Hari wasn't supposed to work over that weekend. She had planned to stay at home and catch up on her drama as off days were hard to come by. But of all times, the makeup artist that worked for EXO had to take urgent leave, and somehow the duty landed on Hari's shoulder. It was annoying that her weekend plans got disrupted but Hari had no choice. Looking back at her hectic work schedule, she could understand why her ex-boyfriend dumped her. She was basically married to her job. 

Due to minor traffic jam, Hari arrived at the venue 15 minutes later than she was supposed to but thankfully, everyone was too busy with their own responsibilities to realise that the makeup artist was late. 

"Hari yaaa!"

Hari was setting up her brushes in the waiting room when a female voice called for her. She looked up at the mirror and was surprised to see her favourite work buddy here.

"Cherry! What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in China with the WayV boys?" Hari gave her friend a hug as it has been a couple of weeks since they last saw each other. Aside Minjung eonni, Cherry was the second person that Hari regarded to as friend instead of colleague in the company because they clicked really well with each other when they first met. 

"The company has some new plans for NCT so they called everyone back to the headquarters. So here I am back in Korea! Did you miss me?" 

"Of course I did, but why are you here for EXO's schedule?"

Cherry sat on the edge of the dressing table with a sigh as she crossed her arms, "Like you, I got called last minute take up makeup duty too duh, it's EXO we are talking about. Here goes our weekends," Before the girl drew closer to Hari, she looked around their surrounding, "The boys are having early dinner currently and I think I saw Irene sitting with them. Didn't she and Sehun break up?"

It seemed like she has been hearing a lot about that couple lately. Hari wondered if there is anyone in this company that is not interested in Sehun and Irene's relationship; probably none because everyone in the media industry loves gossips. Plus, Sehun and Irene seemed to have become everyone's favourite Company Couple currently, so naturally, their relationship would always in spotlight.  

"That's some old news you have there," Hari joked, "The last time I heard they have gotten back together."

If Yeri was the one who told her that news, it must be true. 

"Man, they have been together for what- five years? They are pretty solid huh."

When Hari knew that Sehun and Irene reconciled, she felt relieved even though she wasn't the reason why the two of them fought. Maybe it was the fact that she had one night stand with Sehun that made her more conscious about how she felt towards the couple. 

"Going through a rough patch recently huh? You looked like you haven't slept well for years," Being hawk-eyed, Cherry managed to notice Hari's eye bags even though she had tried to conceal them. 

"I must have been too busy with life to get proper rest."

"The sad realtiy of being SM employees," Cherry spoke with a weary sigh, "Here I am dying from period cramp and yet I have to drag my to work. I am waiting for a big fat bonus."

Hari's mind froze suddenly after hearing what her friend lamented. Period. Cherry's words have reminded the girl that her period has been late for weeks. It was strange because her period has always been very regular. Fear was starting to creep in as Hari recalled all the unusual symptoms she has been experiencing recently and they all seemed to point her to...

"Yah hyung! You are so lame! Has military turned you into a fossil?"

"What did you say? Stop right there, Oh Sehun!"

The boisterous laughter from the corridor and the loud and rowdy boys running into the waiting interrupted Hari's train of thoughts. Sehun's laughter died down a little when he made eye contact with Hari. The other boys were busy greeting Hari and Cherry and talking to other staff enter to notice Sehun's sudden change in behaviour. 

"Oh, Hari?" Irene called affectionately, "You are here too?" 

"Hey Irene, nice seeing you too."

Sehun pretended to scroll his Instagram while he glanced towards his girlfriend interacting with the girl he had one night stand with. The fact that the girls were close to each other kept Sehun on the edge constantly because he was afraid that Hari might leak their secret to his girlfriend by accident. He didn't like that feeling, but he couldn't stop Irene from making friends. Neither can he ask Hari to stay away from his girlfriend because she practically works for them.

"Okay, okay, enough of fooling around," EXO's manager had to step in to control the boys, "We need to get your makeup done asap, the fan meet is starting in two hours. Since Sehun and Kai are in their outfits, you guys will do your makeup first, while Suho, Xiumin and Kyungsoo, you guys go get changed. Chop chop."

While Kai picked Cherry as he was closer to the latter, Hari was paired with Sehun automatically. Hari hoped that she wasn't making it too obvious that she was awkward around Sehun because their last interaction was when she was bawling like a baby in his red Ferrari. Thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter