Move My Way

OMW 3: Lovestruck

SEUNGHEE.

 

"Heeeellloooooo guys- wait what in the very world are you two doing?"

 

Seunghee felt the lost of contact from Yubin-- who happened to be too close to her just a few seconds ago, only if Mimi and Yooa didn't enter the room. They both shrugged, Seunghee was blushing hard.

 

"Are you two-"

 

"NO" they both said. Seunghee was too occupied by what happened that she forgot to check how Yubin is, she lost her, the girl left the room after a minute. The room was silent after Yubin closed the door behind her. Mimi and Yooa placed their bags on the vacant table. Seunghee looked at her watch as she walked towards her friends who are just starting to eat their lunch.

 

It's almost 2 PM. Wow.. 

 

"So, why are you two standing like that-almost about to kiss each other by the wall?" Mimi asks as soon as Seunghee sat across them. Seunghee shook her head. 

 

"No shut up, it's not like that." She immediately answered, although Mimi was right, they were about to kiss each other. But for some reasons, Seunghee doesn't want to tell Mimi about it. 

 

"Okay, if you say so." Mimi just shrugged it off, the girl continued eating with Yooa who was just silently listening to them. 

 

How did Yubin and I got into this situation?

 

"Hey, I've been looking for you everywhere. Why weren't you at the library?" Seunghee asks when she saw Yubin placing her stuff on her backpack. Seunghee went to the library to check Yubin earlier but she wasn't there. It's not that Seunghee and Yubin were supposed to meet but Seunghee got used to going to the library for Yubin and it's the first time she wasn't there. 

 

Yubin stayed silent as she checked her phone. This should be normal becasue Yubin is usually this quiet. 

 

"Have you eaten?" Seunghee asks again once she's close to Yubin. The girl shook her head, glanced at Seunghee for a second then went back to her stuff. Seunghee isn't sure if it's just her or Yubin isn't in the mood or maybe she did something? What could it be though? Seunghee and Yubin were fine since last Friday night on the university event. Yes, Seunghee and Yubin were fine that day, though they didn't talk this weekend because they're both busy. Or yeah... Fine, I'm kinda feeling weird about what I felt with Yubin back in that stage. 

 

And now that they're at school again, Seunghee at least wants to act normal and do her routine (bugging Yubin in the library) but unfortunately, seems like Yubin has other plans. 

 

"Do you want to eat with me? I'm hungry too." Seunghee spoke again. Honestly, she feels so awkward right now but she has to chill about this or Yubin might find out what's going on in her mind. 

 

"No, I'm not hungry, please let me be alone today." Ay... she's not in the mood. Seunghee heard this a lot from Yubin already, sometimes, it's about her classmates or any other school stuff or whenever Yubin had a fight with her mom. What Seunghee always did was stay with Yubin, because she thinks that Yubin needs a companion. It's natural for Seunghee to do that for all of her friends but sometimes, she favors Yubin a lot more. 

 

"Uhuh, so who did you wrong today?" Seunghee asked, smiling. It's been a while since Yubin was like this because of stress but Seunghee still remembered what to do. Smile. Chill. Stay. 

 

"No one, please, just leave me alone for now." Yubin muttered, she closed the zipper of her backpack and grabbed the strap to her shoulder. Yubin didn't even bothered giving Seunghee a look. That's new. Seunghee is confused. She can't tell if Yubin is mad or stressed like how she was before, but she's sure she can't handle Yubin being like this right now. 

 

"Hey." Seunghee called again, stopping Yubin from walking as she held Yubin's wrist. "What's wrong?" She asks again, softly, patiently. 

 

"Seunghee." Seunghee eyes flinched when Yubin removed her hand from her wrist, Yubin caught her off-guard when the girl moved a bit forward, pushing her a little towards the wall as they face each other. A little more movement from Yubin and they would be in real romantic contact, Seunghee knows this scene, either Yubin would punch her stomach like those action movies or kiss her like those in romantic movies. Um.. I'd rather have her kiss me. I'm hungry and I don't wanna get punched.

 

But in all seriousness, Yubin's stare in that moment was something Seunghee can't explain. Or maybe Seunghee was scared to admit that the way Yubin stared at her made her heart flutter. It was like Yubin was looking at her with love and admiration which-- for Seunghee- is a little impossible because why would Yubin, right? And it could be because Seunghee knows in herself that she has developed feelings towards Yubin that she's giving meaning to her every move. 

 

Seunghee shook her head as she looked back at what happened. It can't be. She's sure she isn't Yubin's type, and that there's 70% chance that Yubin is still in love with Jiho and Seunghee thinks that she's a zero when it comes to competing with Jiho, although Jiho doesn't have an idea that Yubin liked her. 

 

She looked at the couple in front of her, watched the two while thinking about this thing inside her for Yubin-- the Seunghee and Yubin thing. She's above curious not just confused at whatever it is that she's suddenly feeling. In the past year, all she thought of was.. well what did I do in the past year? Follow Yubin, call Yubin, tease Yubin, treat Yubin some food when she's hungry and can't go because she's busy reading, look after Yubin, worry about Yubin. Seunghee sighed. It's all about Yubin. Why.. in the world is she only getting stressed about this now?

 

"What did you feel when you first saw Yooa?" Seunghee asks, Mimi and Yooa was caught a bit off-guard. Can't blame them but Seunghee really needs to get this- whatever this is- out of her head. 

 

Mimi and Yooa looked at each other. Ugh don't tell me they haven't talked about this before. It looked like Mimi was hesitating at first but Seunghee saw that when Yooa smiled at Mimi, there's a sense of relief from Mimi's face. Seunghee can tell. "She's... um I thought I wanted to kiss her. Like.. you know, it's unexplainable but there's this feeling inside me that I can't stop thinking about her.. until now."

 

Hmm.. I guess love at first sight doesn't apply to me and Yubin. But I'm certain I felt something when I first met her, I knew she'd be a good part of my life. It just took time until I realize I'm feeling a lot different from how I used to feel towards her before. Seunghee bit her bottom lip, she looked away from her friends, trying to figure out what really is happening aside from being aware that she /might/ have feelings for Yubin.

 

"Seunghee." Yooa reached her hand out and patted Seunghee's hand on her desk. The latter just looked down and watched how Yooa patted her, but her mind is going all over everything that happened after Jiho left, or even before than that, when she first met Yubin. No... I was just worried that Jiho would bully her though.. No, Seunghee remembered how Yubin caught her attention the moment she entered the room, she just shrugged it off because she was also overwhelmed in her first day in college. Was there really something since then?

 

"You can always talk to us." Yooa says, Mimi nodded and moved her chair closer to Seunghee's. "I know you're not telling me or Jiho something. But Seung, we've been friends for years now, Jiho and I know when you're missing out a detail in your stories." Mimi lightly scratched her temple, as if she's been thinking about this for long already. Seunghee was suddenly feeling bad, that was true, her friends were always honest to her, opening to her, comfortably telling her their problems but she can't even tell them this. But, compared to what her friends encountered, especially Yooa and Mimi and their family conflicts, Seunghee thinks her problem isn't even half of theirs. I should just tell them.

 

"I like her. I started to notice things I didn't before. I started to believe that my college love life wasn't typical at all. Yubin made me feel things, I get excited whenever she agrees to hang out with me. At first, I just kept on inviting her because I thought she's alone but then I realized that I'm doing it for myself, because I keep wanting to see her, I keep wanting to be with her, I keep wanting Yubin." 

 

Wow. Even Seunghee is impressed at how she said all those words, they just... came out like she's been keeping them for long. How long? She feels embarassed, because she's supposed to be the dorky friend who doesn't have any problem with anything but look at her now. Still, saying these makes her feel better than earlier. Yooa smiled, Mimi chuckled, covering her face with both of her hands. 

 

"Is this Mimi's way of taking information in her little mind?" Seunghee asked Yooa, pointing at Mimi who was even massaging her head but still with that big smile on her face. What the hell is wrong with this person.. I literally just told her about my problem and she's laughing about it.

 

"Don't mind her." says Yooa, the girl leaned her elbows on her chair's desk, invested at Seunghee's story.

 

"Yeah, don't mind me, keep going." Mimi cleared after speaking. Seunghee ignored her and looked at Yooa instead.

 

"I was hesitant at first, but seeing how everyone in the group is dating each other.. Like you two, and Jiho and Arin, and Hyojung and Hyejin, right? I get tired of third wheeling too you know.. And I wanted to have a girlfriend, I saw how Yubin is also almost like me, but when I talked to her, she said she isn't up for it because she's busy, and I had to let her, because I know she's having a hard time too. So.. I thought yeah, maybe I should just study instead, I've been thinking about what Yubin said, 'study first'. Which is kinda popular to everyone who isn't ready to commit. And I understand it, only when I sang again on stage last week and I looked at Yubin and felt these.. these things on my chest." 

 

"Seunghee, calm down. Love comes unexpectedly, you didn't know if you already met the right person for you.. or if it's really Yubin. If you didn't realize your feelings for her then it's okay, every love story is unique in many ways." Yooa gave her bottle of water and she quickly took a sip from it before speaking again.

 

"So.. um my problem is I don't know what to do. I'm going crazy thinking about her all day since then.. and- and earlier she looked so upset about something and I feel like she's mad at me" 

 

Yooa and Mimi looked at each other, like they're talking through their eyes. Ugh I hate third-wheeling. 

 

"Easy Seung, tell her what you feel. Confess." Mimi says as she takes out a bag of crackers from her backpack. This girl just have all the snacks in her bag. Seunghee shook her head, locking her hands together as she rests them on her desk. No. I don't think I can confess these.. feelings. I'll never win her heart.

 

"No guys, it's complicated. I don't think she likes me like I like her. It's not that easy." Yooa and Mimi looked confused by what she said. Again, she can't blame them. They don't know that Yubin had a history for Jiho and it's complicated because they're all friends. Who the heck started the trend of having feelings for your friend. Seunghee wants to smack whoever that is. 

 

"How could you tell? You haven't tried it yet." Yooa says, she looked disappointed. What. It's not that I'm a coward- Maybe 60% coward but still I have 40% confidence. My god? if only I could tell them. 

 

"I.." Seunghee checked the door and the windows, hoping there would be at least one of the others to come in and excuse her from this conversation. 

 

Mimi threw a piece of cracker high and she didn't fail catching it with , food always go straight to Mimi's mouth. While chewing, Mimi spoke. "You're not telling us something. I know you're still hiding some details." She says, even pointing at Seunghee with the bag of crackers in her hand. Yooa rolled her eyes and ignored her girlfriend.

 

"Seunghee.. If you can't say it yet, it's okay. But we can't help you if we don't know the details." At least, Yooa is good at this, Seunghee feels comfortable and she isn't pushing her to speak but how can Seunghee explain this?

 

"It's.. not my secret to tell."

 

"Secret?" Mimi leaned forward, suddenly so interested by the mention of 'secret'. Yooa pulled her back to her seat, sending mad glares at Mimi who surrendered, finally behaving.

 

Seunghee would be laughing at Mimi now if her mind isn't occupied by this. "Yeah, that's why I can't say it." 

 

Yooa smiled at her. "Then here's a motivation. I think Yubin likes you too, I saw her watching you back when you were freshmen, she had heart eyes.." oh my god, seriously? Seunghee couldn't help but smile, hoping Yooa is telling the truth. Yooa continued. "But it seemed like she wasn't ready for her feelings because she mentioned about giving up." 

 

WAIT.. that's not me. Seunghee leaned back on her chair, her finger tapping on her desk out of nervousness. Yooa is wrong. It's weird like.. how? How is Yubin suddenly giving up if it's her?

 

"No, I don't think so.. why would she give up on me already just like that, who was with me back then?" Seunghee responded immediately, if she's with Jiho back then.. then it's Jiho, not Seunghee. Haha, it's always Jiho. 

 

"Um.. You and Mimi.. and Jiho.. oh my god." Seunghee closed her eyes as she listen to Yooa's answer. Now they'll found out. Huh Hyun Seunghee what did you do. Seunghee covered her face with both her hands, feeling frustrated about herself while Mimi and Yooa came to their senses realizing what Seunghee doesn't want to tell them.

 

"SHE LIKES JIHO" The couple blurted out.

 

Seunghee stood up on her seat and tried her best to cover both of their mouths, but ofcourse she couldn't and just gestured to keep it low. Mimi and Yooa obeyed immediately. Seunghee could see how excited the two are now that they know the secret. "Shh!! Please don't tell anyone. this is my fault. Guys-"

 

"We won't tell anyone, promise."

 

There was a heavy sigh from Seunghee while her friends stayed silent after. All three of them thinking of the same subject but different precedences. Seunghee feels a lot more nervous now, she isn't sure if Yooa and Mimi could keep quiet about this, for sure they'll act different now and will start observing Yubin. What if Yubin finds out that Seunghee told them? That'll give Seunghee lesser chances on getting Yubin to like her back. 

 

"That's why you didn't wanna tell me, because of Jiho." Seunghee nodded at Mimi who was busy caressing her chin, like how she does whenever she's thinking hard. Seunghee respects that this is a lot to process but she really needs help right now.

 

"Jiho doesn't know too, Yubin never told anyone. I just figured it out by myself. I'm just planning to tell you that I like Yubin and I don't know what to do about it. " 

 

"Damn Seunghee, you're in love with Yubin what are you doing with your life?" Mimi shook her head and patted Seunghee's shoulder. 

 

"What I think is that.. Yubin always had a place in your heart and you realized it just now. Things are complicated yes, but it's either you tell her what you feel or move on." Yooa says, Seunghee was about to speak when Mimi stopped her. 

 

"And what I think is that.. You should not be worried about this Jiho thing because we know Jiho, she's definitely in love with Yubin's sister- which makes it more fascinating-" Yooa glared at Mimi. "I mean complicated, but you can use it as a motivation. It seems that Yubin doesn't have plans on telling Jiho otherwise, so it's your chance for our Code B." 

 

I hate to say this but she's right..

 

"What's Code B?" Yooa asked, confused. Seunghee and Mimi looked at each other. Mimi idiot you're exposing our codes. 

 

"Uhm.. nothing..?" Mimi is such a bad liar.

 

Seunghee stretched her arms a bit before explaining. there's so many things to explain. "Mimi, Jiho and I have some coding for stuff.. like Arin stuff, Yooa stuff, and my love stuff."

 

"So Code B is for Yubin?" Yooa confirms when the two nodded. "Are you guys backstabbing us?" And with that, Mimi takes her girlfriend's hand. 

 

"No, Shiah. It's like when I wanna do something for you, I'll ask for their help, that's all." Yooa furrowed her eyebrows at her girlfriend, but seemed to let it slide, she looked back at Seunghee.

 

"I assume Jiho and Mimi has been teasing you about Yubin, since it's "B". And you two are always together." Seunghee nodded at Yooa. Yes, that's true. Mimi agreed as well.

 

"You know what it means Seunghee? It means everything will be opened to the group soon, and you have to be ready for all the reactions of our friends. Yubin realizing we know about what she felt. Jiho realizing that the sister of the love of her life likes her too. Arin realizing that her sister and her likes the same person. And you, them realizing you're feeling bad all along." 

 

Yooa's right. Seunghee has to be ready. It could be that everything will go well like how Seunghee wants it to be and they can just joke around about this complications soon in the future but she isn't even sure if Yubin has moved on already. 

 

--

 

"Will you please shut up, I know how to write okay?" 

 

"Don't get the letters wrong."

 

"Jesus.. Jiho I'll just have to write 'To: Arin'. Calm your I won't this up."

 

"Can you just write it down Mimi and can you just shut up Jiho. Gosh, you two have been working on that letter for 30 minutes now." Seunghee takes a bite on the apple she's holding, she got it from Mimi's table. 

 

Valentine's Day. Jiho had her gift for Arin delivered to Mimi's place the other day and here they are, preparing the gift that according to Jiho, Mimi will just randomly give it to Arin, without saying it's from her. Seunghee can't understand why Jiho is so scared about Arin when they're clearly sharing mutual feelings. She understood that Jiho wants to be independent first but ignoring Arin like this then giving her these gifts is not an excuse. 

 

"Fine.. what did you get for Yubin, by the way?" Seunghee looked at Jiho on the screen then to Mimi, they exchanged glances. Does Jiho know?

 

No, definitely not. She might be randomly asking this. "I bought candies for everyone but I won't have yours deliver to you I'll just eat them by myself because I don't wanna spend money for the delivery pay." 

 

Jiho laughed on the other line. Meanwhile, Mimi finished writing the letter for Arin. 

 

"You know I'm really glad to help you Jiho my friend, but if Arin ends up falling in love with me, you will regret this." Mimi joked, placing her pen back in her bag. Seunghee laughed at Mimi's remark. 

 

"Seunghee can you please smack the ty braincell out of Mimi's head, her brain is malfunctioning." 

 

--

 

"Hey Arin, I bought this from the school shop. You can have this. Happy Valentine's day." Mimi handed the stuff toy to Arin before seating next to Yooa. Seunghee placed her bag down on her chair between Arin's and Yubin's. Arin looks confused at first. 

 

"Just take it, she does it randomly sometimes." Seunghee tells Arin. They exchanged smiles. It's nice to see Arin smiling like this because sometimes, she just really turns gloomy.

 

Yooa started talking about her graduation coming next week. There's still a year to go before Seunghee, Mimi and Yubin's graduation, and Jiho's too. They gathered at Hyojung and Hyejin's cafe, which they call "Hyojin's cafe" not really obvious that they combined their names but it sounds cute anyway. Yubin, the girl on her right, is awfully quiet again. In their group, Yubin was more like that friend who supports the jokes by laughing hard, reacting to what her friends say. So for Seunghee, although Yubin likes spending time in the library, the girl isn't supposed to be so quiet all the time. She gets hyper sometimes too, like a normal girl and by the years they knew each other, Seunghee can tell if Yubin isn't okay. And these past few weeks, Yubin has been a little quiet. She doesn't talk to Seunghee when she tries to follow the girl on the library. When they're eating lunch, Yubin would just eat her food while listening to their friends. She barely talks. 

 

Seunghee tried talking to Arin about this because there's a possibility that it's some family matters but Arin said that they're okay at home. 

 

While their friends are busy talking, Seunghee nudged the girl next to her. Yubin who just finished eating the cake Hyojung served, looked at her. 

 

"Can we talk?" Seunghee thought Yubin would ignore her but the girl nodded. The two went upstairs to the rooftop, excusing themselves from the others. 

 

"Mind talking about what's gotten into you lately?" Seunghee asked as they both leaned at the railings. The weather is pretty good today, there's the sun up there but the air breeze is cold and she hopes their talk would result into something better. 

 

"Nothing.. just stuff." 

 

"Yeah? What stuff? Arin said you're okay back at home."

 

"Just thinking about what happened in the past months." Seunghee nodded as she listened to Yubin. 

 

"Getting tired studying now? I knew you gotta get rid of your books somehow."

 

"No way, I'll bring my books with me even in my coffin."

 

"How about we bury your books now and you can join them later?" 

 

"Hate you." Seunghee chuckled and takes Yubin's hand, placing three candies on her palm. Yubin furrowed her eyebrows. 

 

"What is this?"

 

"That? Chocolate? You don't know chocolate, Bae Yubin?" Seunghee grinned when Yubin rolled her eyes. 

 

"I mean-"

 

"Kidding, it's for you, Valentine's gift from me."  Seunghee held at the metal and leaned back to nothing, she doesn't really have any plan to make an excuse about the chocolates. She's giving three for Yubin and no one knows about it. Yubin seemed to not notice the difference too. 

 

"Aww just this? Arin gave me a letter, the unnies gave me bracelets and journal." 

 

"FYI, that came from my heart and excuse me, Arin is your sister." 

 

"And so?" Seunghee raised an eyebrow and clicked her tongue."I'm not your sister." She says with confidence. Hyojung unnie and Hyejin unnie might be older than them, Mimi and Yooa too, Jiho and Arin are younger than Seunghee and there's some kind of sisterhood with them but with Yubin.. Seunghee doesn't wanna get sister-zoned.

 

"Then what are you?"

 

"I'm-" Seunghee paused, her eyes blinked, her heart felt weird staring at how Yubin smiled at her asking what is she. What am I? What am I to you, really? 

 

"I'm a lamp."

 

"Huh.. lamp?"

 

"I light up your world."

 

"Oh please no." Yubin placed her hand on her stomach, acting like she's about to throw up at Seunghee's pick up line.

 

"Where's my Valentine's present?"

 

"Uhm.. Actually I got you a-" 

 

"HYUN SEUNGHEE!!!" There the newcomer is, by the door of the rooftop, waving at Seunghee although they aren't really that far and just about 3 meters away from her. It's Jamie. Seunghee remembered Hyojung and Hyejin invited her last time they met her with Seunghee on the street across the cafe.

 

"..Hey.." Seunghee awkwardly waved back. She wasn't usually like this, she used to find it really fun to joke around with Jamie but she was a little upset that her talk with Yubin got interrupted. 

 

Seunghee looked at Yubin who just smiled at her. Ahuh.. I will be back here. She noted to herself before joining Jamie and her other friends downstairs. Part of her really felt bad when Yubin didn't follow them, Seunghee asked her to talk and then she left her there.

 

"So um, Hyojung unnie said that you like letters? I wrote you a letter but please don't judge my handwriting! I don't really write letters but I'm thank-"

 

"Are you sure you wanna give me the letter or should I listen to you expose the content of your letter?" Seunghee joked, stopping her friend from talking fast. Jamie is normally like this, very fun to talk to, talks fast like she's born rapper with a great sense of humor. Really thankful I have her

 

"So um.. Here." Jamie gave the letter to Seunghee without looking. As Jamie takes a chair from another table to join the other girls, Seunghee sat on her seat, noticing that Yubin's seat is still empty. Jamie sat next to Mimi, smiled at Seunghee and gestured her to read the letter. 

 

Everyone's still busy with their own businesses so Seunghee opened the letter. 

 

Hey buddy! you know.. I'm really shy about this. When I first saw you, it was in 9th grade... >< I swear!!! I fell in love with your voice that night. You came to the event with your parents and since then I started to like you. So.. um when I saw you on our first day in college, I pulled up all the courage in my chest to talk to you. Although it took a long time until we become this close, I think this is my chance to tell you that I really like you, Seunghee. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY. 

ps. about your answer to this letter, meet me tonight at 8PM in front of the school gate? don't worry! If you're not there by 8:10, I'll go home.

 

Seunghee was speechless. Just in time, Yubin came to sit next to her, why is my chest feeling heavy. She glanced at Jamie who happens to be looking at her, who now looked away shyly. Seunghee folded the letter once again and hid it on her coat's pocket. 

 

"You okay?" Yubin asked without looking at her. Seunghee didn't answer.

 

--

 

"Hoy where are you going? I thought we'll play tonight!" Mimi shouted at Seunghee who's now jogging away from her. After their mini Valentine's dinner on the cafe, they all went home but Mimi and Seunghee were supposed to be playing tonight. Yooa is busy because of her upcoming graduation so Mimi asked Seunghee and Jiho to hang out but.. Seunghee had another plans.

 

"Tell Jiho I said I ate Hyojung's chocolates for her!" She shouted back and continued jogging, hands on her coat's pocket. It's still a little breezy that evening. Where is Seunghee going exactly? 

 

 

 

"What the hell are you doing here?" Yubin asked when she saw Seunghee on her door. She responded with a smile to the other girl. Sure Yubin wasn't expecting her at all, they didn't even talked after Jamie arrived earlier at the cafe.

 

"Um.. bored?" Seunghee answers, shrugging as she went in the house without any more words. As expected, the house is clean and organized, just like Yubin.

 

"Seunghee! I'm glad you visited us finally. Happy Valentine's day sweety." Mrs. Bae greeted her from the kitchen. She bowed and smiled at the elder, greeting back. 

 

"Happy Valentine's day to you too, Mrs. Bae!"

 

"Let's go upstairs." Yubin told her and she followed. Weird. Why do I feel like she's embarrassed that I'm here? 

 

"Where's Arin?" She asked as she scanned the sisters' room. Just like what Jiho said, it's big enough for two girls and there's a difference between Yubin and Arin's styling. The room looked like it was divided into two. It is clean too, only that there's a pile of papers.. or modules on Yubin's bed (which she just assumed because the other bed is so pink she could tell it's Arin's.)

 

"She went to her classmate's house but she'll be back soon." Yubin says. Seunghee watched as Yubin stacked the papers and placed them on the study table on the opposite side of the room. 

 

The cold breeze blew throughout the room from the window. Yubin closed it. "I believe you when you said you're bored but I also know that you would love to sleep when the weather is this cold." The short-girl started, she's right, how can she be so right. 

 

"Well, my heart told me to come here and so I did." 

 

Yubin looked at her. Seunghee just smiled a little. They both sat at the edge of Yubin's bed, next to each other. Seunghee feels something. She feels so weirded about everything. About how Yubin is avoiding her. And how Yubin is just shrugging off everything she says. How Yubin looked embarrassed earlier in the living room. How things have obviously changed since that night at the university event. Seunghee thought that it was just her assuming things at first but no.. it became clear to her that Yubin has some things to explain too. Then, Jamie came, and the letter.. that's.. deep, thinking how many years has it been since Jamie started liking her. Seunghee always wanted a girlfriend, here's Jamie.. What should she do?

 

Somehow.. Seunghee feels like she wants to talk about it tonight. With her best friend, Yubin.

 

"Nothing, I just think you're avoiding me." Seunghee removed her coat and threw it down in the carpet- floor. Yubin picked it up and placed it on Arin's bed instead. Seunghee chuckled.

 

"I wasn't avoiding you." The girl says, sitting back next to Seunghee.

 

I'm not so sure about that. Seunghee remained silent again, feeling unsure on what should she tell Yubin. 

 

"What is it really?" Yubin sat further into the middle of the bed. Seunghee sighed a little. What's holding back on telling her now?

 

"I.. You know.. Jamie.." Can't. Seunghee wanted to tell her that she's been having weird fantasies being in love with Yubin but she can't. What a coward.

 

"Oh, it's about Jamie." 

 

"Yeah."

 

They were just nodding, both looking down at the floor. At least Seunghee was sure Yubin is always like this but she herself isn't. Did something really change between them or is it just her feelings affecting the way she interact with Yubin?

 

"You two dating now?" HELL WHAT

 

"What?! No!" Seunghee finally got the skin to look at Yubin now. The other girl smiled a little, oh my god she brushed her hair so attractively.

 

"Uhuh.. You seem taken aback, so it's something close to that?" my god Bae Yubin, please don't look at me. Seunghee couldn't face her friend now. Her heart was beating so fast but she feels delighted. Weirdly.

 

"No..."

 

"She confessed?" Yubin asked, why does she keep asking. 

 

"How did you know?" Seunghee asked back. What if Yubin's jealous right now? That's how love stories work, right? Every love story is unique in many ways. Feels like Seunghee just heard Yooa saying that again.

 

"Nah, she just asked for my help."

 

"Help?" What help? Seunghee was confused. Yubin heaved a deep breath before speaking again.

 

"She wants to know you better and be closer to you so she asked me stuff about you."

 

"Hey that's invasion of my privacy!" That's cheating! My bestfriend is practically selling me!

 

"Privacy you shared with me, as your friend, so I guess it was okay to tell her about how to be your friend."

 

Yubin is just always right. Seunghee just nodded, she doesn't really know what to say.. Huh and well the girl she likes helped Jamie who likes her to get closer to her.

 

"So, you're not dating her?" Now how can Seunghee tell Yubin how she feels? She got a little pre-occupied.

 

"Why would I?" First, the thing with Jiho and Yubin, not it's Jamie and Yubin and Jamie liking Seunghee.

 

"Uh.. I thought you like her too." Seunghee's eyes squinted at Yubin.

 

"Why would you think that.." Why would Yubin think that way when Seunghee is just all over her always.. sometimes now.

 

"Nothing, I just noticed how smiley and all happy you are when you're with her."

 

"Are you stalking me?" Since when did Yubin paid attention to my smile..?

 

"No? I just happened to notice how different you are with her than with me. I mean.. it's understandable that I'm not really funny, I'm usually quiet and I just ignore you all the time."

 

oh 

 

my

 

god

 

what.

 

I KNOW THESE LINES.

 

"Are you jealous?"

 

"No-" Seunghee furrowed her eyebrows. Yubin hugged her knees as she continued. "Yes.. Enough with the drama, I am."

 

"Do you like me too? Like.. like Jamie likes me?" That's a stupid question, Seunghee. But she can't deny she feels nervous.

 

And yes, of course Yubin would stay quiet like how she always does.

 

*1 new message received!* Seunghee checks her phone, it was Jamie.

 

Jimin Park, 8:00 PM: Here nooow, pls if you don't really wanna go, don't go.  

 

"I'm just asking if you like me, just a yes or no, what's so hard with that."

 

"Don't ask me then." 

 

Seunghee checks her phone once again. 8:01 PM. 9 minutes more, and she's really taking the risk of losing a hundred percent chance girlfriend for Yubin.  

 

"I'll wait for your answer yknow, don't worry, my mind doesn't change overnight."

 

"Suit yourself."

 

And Seunghee stayed for another hour, even waited for Arin to come back. After Yubin got tired of  Seunghee questioning her jealousy, they went downstairs and watched TV. Mrs. Bae wanted to cook popcorn for Seunghee but she insisted not to, since she's also feeling a little tired all day and she plans on going home soon.

 

"Seunghee unnie? Hi! It's.. late why are you here?" Arin who was holding a bouquet of yellow roses greeted her as soon as she saw Seunghee on the living room with Yubin. That's their cue. 

 

Seunghee and Yubin both stood up, Seunghee kinda didn't expect Yubin to walk her to the door after all the frustrations she caused her today. 

 

"Uhm.. Yes, it's late. I just visited, but you shouldn't be out at this time you know." Seunghee says as she dusted of her coat before wearing it. They met by the doorway.

 

"Unnie, I'm not a kid anymore." Arin pouted, she placed the flowers down on the couch, leaving it there as she walked upstairs. Hm.. Who gave those

 

"Haha, alright if you say so. I'll get going now. Thanks, Mom!" Both Arin and her mom waved at her from the stairs, the latter on the kitchen.

 

"Hey! Why are you calling her 'mom', I thought we aren't sisters?" Yubin nudged her, apparently, her voice was a little like a whisper intending to let only Seunghee to hear it. 

 

"We aren't." Seunghee waved back at Arin. "But I think you're into me." She continued and smiled wide at Yubin who just gave her a look. I can't read her mind but I think she's about to turn into a cherry.. not like Yooa but cherry as in blushing.

 

Anyway, after Seunghee got out of the Bae's residence and as she walked through the streets, her mind started to get a grasp of all the things that happened since morning. This year's Valentine's day is a little hectic, I see. Seunghee sighed, even with all her confidence earlier with Yubin, she still isn't sure if it would do her better; she just lost her chance with Jamie.. but yes, it's Yubin we're talking about and no Seunghee would give up on any Yubins. I just hope this will turn out better than how my stomach is aching now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

That night, Seunghee got a message.

 

Bean-nie : Yes, I think you're right.