Imagine 9: The missing puzzle [minor angst/Fluff]

A to the Z! Ateez imagines(Requests open)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was not his day.
Mingi's hand collided with the sturdy surface of his desk as he yelled at his employees to get out of his face.
His whole-body jolting with the guttural and feral growl that was emitted from his body.
It didn't take a genius to realize that the boss, Mingi was not in a mood to deal with them and the other departments problem.
So, they scurried off, particularly once they caught whiff of the man's angry pheromones.
A few of the omega's legs gave out at the suddenness and the intensity with which they were hit.
Mingi rolled his eyes before letting his long self-collapse on the comfort of his chair.
Hands automatically raising up to massage his temples as he sighed.
He had so much to do and so little time. To make it worse one of their sponsor and shareholder companies was suggesting major changes in the way they were running things in the office and not only it would impact the productivity of the team, but it would mean that they would have to re-budget and redistribute the company’s fund not to talk about the cuts....
His employees were too faithful for him to just get rid of them like that, it was just all too much.
Mingi was still prodding when an amused voice in the corner of the room 'tsk ed' making him deepen his frown as he glared in that direction.
Yunho his best friend and his dear second in command in the company was laying in his leather coach, looking unbothered as ever as he on a lollipop.
Ah by the way he was a beta.
That could probably explain how he could stand being in the same room as Mingi's murderous aura.
"Could you not?" Said Mingi irritated withe the other's ling noises
The other just sent a wave of calming pheromones in the room as a reply which unlike the wanted effect just caused Mingi to roll his eyes and scrunch his nose in disgust.
-"you stink" said Mingi matter of fact
"-and you should go home" said Yunho still unbothered
"-seriously though " he continued
"-you should go home, have a rest. You're stressing yourself too much"
Mingi did not reply, knowing it would just start an argument which he did not have the energy to finish.
So, he ignored his best friend in favour of diving himself in the pile of abandoned files on his desk, trying to sort them out.
He just had too many responsibilities for him to just take a break and relax.
By the time he got through all the files it was already half past midnight.
He tiredly made his way back home, his eyes dangerously threatening to close even as he drove home.
He just wanted to lay and sleep.
All the tension and frustration from the day was still hitting him at full force, he just wanted to sleep it out of the system.
Ehen he finally reached his luxurious penthouse apartment he aimed to make a direct bee line for the bedroom, getting startled when a figure approached from the dark living room.
"-babe?"
Mingi froze his eyes squinting in the barely lit common room as he took in the full figure of the man in front of him.
It wasn’t until the man came into the focus of the moonlight and a set of welcoming pheromones were released in the air that he realized he was just staring at his mate.
His mate, his omega, his Seonghwa was staring at him sleepily.
He had his pjs on and a little giraffe plush that Mingi had gifted him during valentine days in his arm.
Mingi realized that he had been waiting for him to comeback, now that he taught about it, he could still sniff out the lingering scent of what would have seemed to be the dinner which his ate had prepared for him.
Knowing the efforts and the dedication put in by the older man Mingi attempted a smile which ended turning into a grimace, but he battled the surging irritation that was still etched in his body and greeted the other.
"-Hi" he said hoping that his tone had hid his current train of mixed emotions.
he had clearly failed at that at Seonghwa who had returned his greeting with a little smile of his own came closer eyeing up, frowning as he helped him shrug of his coat when he noticed the tension in his form.
Being his mate and omega meant that he could not read the atmosphere, but he was also the best person when it came to understanding the giant yet softy alpha.
Seonghwa was just about to question him about his day when Mingi decided to deviate the conversation away from it as much as possible.
Seonghwa still had his mouth hung open in attempt to talk when Mingi, exaggeratedly exclaimed aloud
"-Ah I'm going to shower" making a beeline for their big washroom.
"-but I made you dinner. don’t you want to eat first?"
Had replies Seonghwa almost automatically, his hand gently grabbing on Mingi's arm stopping him.
Just as if Mingi had been electrocuted, he had shrugged off the other's hold, the suddenness and the speed with which he made distance between them as he took a few steps back causing a hurtful pang at Seonghwa’s heart.
"-I'll just.... go" said Mingi hurriedly
but Seonghwa grabbed onto him again, wanting to help the other out and ease him out of whatever was causing him such stress and frustration. Mingi did not look okay, his whole body was now shacking, and his face was reddening. But contrary to his intention Seonghwa once again ended up causing the opposite. Mingi who had now been trigged out of his mind had snapped at his mate. His voice turning deep, and his pupil dilating as he changed into his alpha voice, sign that he had now lost control.
"-I told you to leave me alone! he screamed 
making Seonghwa shiver in shock as his omega's instincts kicked in making him look down and cradle himself into submission. Mingi whole body was convulsing in anger, his chest rising rapidly with the uneven and heavy pants.
"-Leave" continued Mingi, his voice getting deeper and colder by the minute.
Seonghwa was still in shock and stood there in silence, his mouth wide open but with no words coming out of it.
"-I said leave before I do something that I'll regret doing"
Seonghwa'ss body almost instinctively reacted to the command, his whole form still jittery as he took careful steps out of their penthouse. His eyes shimmering with unshed tears, his hands tightly gripping at his own arms, to prevent him from making any noise, from making his supressed sobs come out.
Mingi only moved when he could no longer sense the lingering presence of his mate.
He took deep breath attempting to suppress his inner wolf, before making his way to the washroom. Not bothering to regulate the temperature, he stripped himself of his clothes and placed himself under the harsh jet of icy water.
Letting his mind wonder off, letting the course of time finally reign and slowly ease all of the day's frustration away.
By the time Mingi finished his shower had finally gained back his conscious and his emotions where no longer all over the place his body had gone numb under the continuous stream of cold. he quickly'. Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter