Chapter 3

Sweet Lies

The next monthly evaluations for becoming a trainee at JYP was only in a few days and Minho was still contemplating to actually pull off his crazy idea. The past few weeks he actually practiced putting on make-up and the wig.  But he never worse those things outside of his house, so he was kinda scared of that idea and he wouldn’t be able to show his best skills with such a façade anyway.

He figured that if he actually wants to go there, he would have to leave the house just once to know how it would feel like to be in costume. He also hasn’t practiced dancing in the female clothes. Luckily his parents are both not home, so now’s the perfect opportunity to go outside. But he dreaded the idea of anyone he knows seeing him when he leaves the apartment. Minho was already in full costume and nervously walks back and forth in his room. He really doesn’t want to leave the house, but he knows it would be for the best. He walks closer to his room’s door. Stares at the doorknob. And turn around again, cursing at himself.

“What bull am I doing here…” he closed his eyes as he tried to breath in deeply. “I hate it here….” He mumbled to himself.

After walking for another 5 minutes he had enough and was so annoyed at himself that he just grabbed his back and left straight to the apartment door. He looks through the spyhole to make sure that no one’s there and steps out. Just as he closed the door, he saw one of his neighbors walking to him. Needless to say, Minho panicked. But he couldn’t just take out his keys because then it would mean that he lived there and taking the keys out would take too long anyway.

Minho lowered his head and stared at the door knob in front of him. His breathing was rapid and he didn’t know what to do. What if the neighbor recognizes him and says anything? What if he tells his parents? He needs to leave as fast as possible.

He turns his head and tries to keep a low profile, but unfortunately, he had to walk towards the neighbor’s direction in order to leave the building. Already after doing one step away from the door the neighbor spoke up, which made Minho stand still immediately and look up.

“Are you Minho’s girlfriend? That’s really not gentleman like to let you leave without him bringing you outside. I will tell him how to treat a girl right the next time I see him.” The old man laughed and saw Minho’s blushing face as well as his wide eyes.

“Don’t worry I won’t tell his parents. The youth needs to have their little secrets.” He keeps laughing and went away.

Minho turned around to watch him leave and ran outside the apartment building. He couldn’t believe that the neighbor didn’t recognize him, but at the same time he was so happy about that. He walked out of the streets and lowered his head, walking slowly at the side of the streets. Persistent keeping a firm grip on his bag’s tie.

He walked around some more until he got more confident and he noticed that no one is paying him any attention. He doesn’t receive any weird looks or any weird comments. Everyone actually thinks he is a girl. In a way he was a little offended by that, because he is a guy and wants to stay a guy, but at the same time it gave him a huge reassurance about his appearance.

When he arrived back home there luckily wasn’t a neighbor to see him again and he pulled off the clothes and wig. He looked at the calendar and then at the pile of female clothes in this room. Now for sure, he made up his mind.