Chapter 7

Sweet Lies

The next few weeks Minho started to get to know everyone in the company thanks to Chan. Chan was really the social butterfly that everyone liked and knew. Chan assembled a few people for his group that would be called Stray Kids, but they haven’t made their debut yet. Minho got along with all of them very well and liked to spend time with them. They rarely had any classes together, but that didn’t stop him to get closer to them. Next to Chan Minho got along with Hyunijn the best. Minho saw him in the practice room after classes almost daily. Just like him he had a passion for dance. Minho would often stay with Hyunjin in the practice room and give the younger advice on how to improve his dance. Hyunjin was a great dancer, but so was Minho and therefore he tried to give feedback whenever he could. It was weird for Minho to be called Noona by anyone but most of the Stray Kids members were younger than him after all.

As for the girls, Minho always immediately offered to be called by his name only. At least with the girls he could avoid the uncomfortable feeling. Even though Minho would like to spend more time with the guys, he spends the majority of his time with the girls. For one thing, because he sees them daily and it would seem suspicious in many ways if he hung out with the guys only. But apart from that he would be debuting with others girls, if he actually makes it.

Next to Hyunjin and Chan, Minho spend a lot of time with Yuna, Yeji, Ryujin and Chaeryoung. Yuna and him were very nicely welcomed by those three and got close very fast. Minho liked them all a lot and considered them real friends.

Throughout the weeks Minho also got better in pretending to be a girl. He experienced fewer and fewer awkward situations.

 

After practice Minho hugs the girls good bye in order to go to the practice room where Hyunjin was already practicing.

“See you guys tomorrow at practice.” Minho got attacked by Ryunjin from the side giving him a hug, not wanting to let him go. Her s were perfectly wrapping Minho’s arm around them and Minho had to respire for an instant.

“You always stay behind, you make feel bad for not practicing more~” Ryunjin whined putting her chin on his shoulder. Minho was taller than the average girl after all.

“No, no don’t worry you’re really good at dancing. If anything, I should catch up to you.” Minho ignored the soft cushions as best as he could. After spending so much time with the girls he has gotten used to them being touchy or clingy, but that doesn’t mean that it didn’t have any effect on him at all. He was a healthy young man after all.

“How about you just go practice with Minha and Hyunjin, Ryujin?” Yeji asked watching Ryunjin pout on Minha’s shoulder.

“And intrude them on their little date? No thanks” Ryujin playfully answered and let go of Minho, giving Yeji the reaction she wanted. Minho only frowned confusedly at that.

“A date?” Minho asked puzzled.

“You and Hyunjin basically meeting up almost every day for dancing is pretty much like a date.” Ryujin put her hands on her hips and smirked.

“I- what, no?” Minho never thought of their practice time like that. When he was with Hyujin he almost forgot that he was being a girl and just was himself. He was very comfortable around him and liked to spend time with him. It was a relaxing atmosphere around him, just like with any other male friend. They also talked normally via kakao talk and Hyunjin was always quick to reply and wrote long texts which Minho appreciated a lot. Once during practice Minho stole a glance on Hyunjin’s mobile and saw that he wrote only short text messages in other chats. When Minho saw that he was feeling a little sad/sorry, because apparently Hyunjin was being considerate because he wanted to be gentleman-like, because he thought he was talking to a girl.

“Anyway, we’ll be leaving now. Have fun!” Chaeryeong waved while walking away with the others and Minho returned the waving before heading to the dance practice room.

Minho slowly opened the door to the room and saw Hyunjin dancing to the music passionately. His sweat dripping on the floor.

Minho greeted Hyunjin with a smile and loud enough to be heard over the music and Hyunjin instantly stopped and greeted him back as well as turned off the music.

“You must’ve been in here for quite a while to be that sweaty” Minho walked towards the music box where Hyunjin turned off the music.

“Ah, just a little. I tried to get something off my mind…” he scratched his head with a confused smile. Minho frowned slightly at that, not knowing what bothered his friend. Instead of asking what it was, he gave the other the space and wanted to proceed with the same method the younger already used. If Hyunjin wanted to talk about this, he would bring it up more directly.

“Okay then, let’s get going. Don’t think I go easy on you just because you already danced before I arrived.” Minho placed his stuff in the corner and walked in front of the mirror where he started stretching. “Put something from Got7 on, I don’t care which song. I’ll be able to follow” He asked for a song from them, because he knew Hyunjin was a great fan of them and just listening to their music would help brighten/enhancing his mood.

“You sure about that?” Hyunjin teased with a smirk.

“Try me.”

At first, they repeated some basic steps with the music and shortly after danced the actual choreography to the song. Being able to dance to their senior’s songs was convenient in many ways. For one they could generally practice dancing but they would also be able to dance to the songs in random dance challenges which newly debuted rookie groups would often make.

As expected Hyunjin was the first to take a break and Minho took that time to think of a choreography to the music himself. His passion for dancing isn’t limited to just repeating certain dance moves. He enjoyed creating them a lot as well.

Minho listened to the different beats and layers of melodies, moving his body to the different sounds. Today was a good day and he could think of different movements easily. When he looked into the mirror to check his expression, he could see Hyunjin staring at him. But Hyunjin didn’t look like he was just observing his movements. It seemed like he had a very calm and serene look in his eyes. The younger’s gaze didn’t fit the situation, hence Minho concluded that Hyunjin must be tired.

For a short instance their eyes met through the mirror and in that short moment Minho somehow got nervous and stopped dancing shortly afterwards. Fortunately, the music ended shortly after that as well. Minho turned from Hyunjin away and was afraid that Hyunjin looked through his lie being a girl. Maybe that was the reason why Hyunjin stared at him like that. Minho quickly checked his wig but it didn’t get out of place. He also tried to unsuspiciously check for anything at his hip area even though he never wore tight clothes in order to hide everything as best as possible.

Just when Hyunjin finally spoke up Minho turned to the younger.

“I guess you’ve gotten tired as well, right?” Hyunjin smiled and unplugged his mobile from the audio equipment.

“Ah yeah, a little…” Minho didn’t lie. He was tired as well but that alone wasn’t the reason for him to stop his movements.

Minho walked over to his stuff to grab it and heard Hyunjin scoffing into his mobile.

“What is it?” Minho looked over to him.

“Just Jisung not believing me that I am still in the practice room with you. Minho remembers Jisung, but also that Hyunjin and him weren’t on good terms, so it surprised him that they were even talking on kakao talk with each other.

“Send him a selfie while we’re still here? We wanted to leave now anyway.” Minho suggests standing up. Hyunjin stepped closer to him. And lowers his gaze down to Minho. He hated the fact that Hyunjin was taller than him, but it helped pulling off his female role.

“Would you mind being on the selfie as well?” Hyunjin almost stutters which confused Minho a little.

“Sure, I don’t think we have a picture together anyway? Just make sure to send it to me later as well!” he replied cheerfully which gained him a wide smile from Hyunjin when he nodded.

They positioned themselves I front of the camera. Minho held up a peace sign while and did a duckface while Hyunjin carried a faint smile. Minho noticed that Hyunjin was quite close but also that he kept some kind of safety distance between them. Almost not noticeable, but since Minho would be standing closer to his other male friends or his female friends, he noticed it this time. He was a usually very touchy person, so not giving into skin ship or other contact was difficult for him to refrain.

It didn’t take long until they found a good angle and took the selfie. After that they grabbed their stuff and headed towards the building’s back exit. It was already dark when they left. Even though it was autumn Minho thought that it was colder than usual. His long hair wig was even warming him a little bit, but he had to take that off later as well. They walked in silence towards the train station and Minho noticed that Hyunjin was walking a little slower than usual.

“Brr, it’s quite cold, isn’t it?” Minho asked crossing his arms to warm himself a little more.

“Here take this.” Hyunjin put his coat over Minho’s shoulders and they stopped for a moment. Hyunjin’s coat was warm and bigger than his own clothes so it hanged over his . His coat was like one or two sizes too big for him, but it was very comfy, especially the warmth it transmitted. It felt like a warm hug to him. The coat was also kind of heavy but nothing he couldn’t deal with. He was just so surprised to suddenly feel the weight on his shoulders that he couldn’t help but stop and look up to Hyunjin.

“Uh, but it’s cold. You need your coat as well?” Minho asked confused.

“You girls tend to feel cold more easily than guys. I’m fine, it isn’t so cold for me, so just wear it until we part ways.” Hyunjin reassured and started walking not waiting for Minho. A little taken aback Minho looked at Hyunjin walking ahead. I’m a guy as well so I don’t get cold more easily than you Minho thought before scurrying after Hyunjin. Minho was sure Hyunjin was cold as well, but he couldn’t say anything.

Shortly before they reached the train station Hyunjin stopped on the sidewalk in between two streetlights. Despite the little light surrounding them Minho observed Hyunjin how he seemed a little anxious and noticed that he still wore the younger’s coat. He probably wanted to ask him to give it back to him. But before Minho could say anything Hyunjin started to ramble:

“Uhm, you know… I’ve been thinking and we are still trainees, so we have more liberty than when we are actual idols…” Hyunjin looked everywhere except for Minho. But not only Hyunjin was distracted, Minho barely listened to Hyunjin, because he was busy checking their surroundings. People were looking at him. “So maybe before that we could… you know…g-go on a da-….”

*ring* suddenly Minho’s mobile starts ringing and both were taken out of their own trances. Minho excused himself and quickly pulled out his phone to see who was calling. It was someone from his high school friends, nothing important. He declined the call and looked back at Hyunjin who just stood a little bashful in front of him.

Again, Minho feels nervous and agitated. The people that went past them were looking at him and Minho just couldn’t stop thinking about the possibility that something is suspicious which would indicate that he’s just a boy in female clothes. If other people noticed, Hyunjin must’ve as well.

“Uh, sorry. Just a guy from high school.” Minho tried to hide his face a little with hair strands.

“I-, I just….” Hyunjin sighs defeatedly. Minho was sure he was doomed but proven otherwise soon after.

"I will be debuting soon with Stray Kids, so I will be busier in the furure. I just wanted to let you know that."

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Let's just pretend that the chapter picture is the selca they took. And poor Minho getting blocked by his friend. lol