Chapter 5

Sweet Lies

When Minho told his parents that he passed the audition and now officially became a trainee at JYP, his usually reserved and calm parents were delighted and very happy for him. They congratulated him and wanted to celebrate it by having expensive meat. He informed them that they will receive the contracts and further information about his traineeship in the next week. Since he was still a minor his parents had to sign for him. But he didn’t have to live in the dorm and could still go to school, because he lives in Seoul. His schedule would just get stressful from now on. Hence, he had to cancel his usual leisure activities such as the dance club he has been going to for several years. He told the people from the dance club that he became a trainee, but requested them not to tell anyone else. He didn’t mention the company just to be on the safe side.

Of course Minho told his closest friends in school about the news. He would have to rely on them for notes and other stuff from school, because he will most likely have less time and be exhausted after practice. They were all sympathetic and happy that he finally became a trainee after trying for so long.

Minho was happy that his parents were so proud of him for passing the audition, but he felt guilty for not telling them, that he had to dress up as a girl to get in. He cheated his way in. But he didn’t dare telling that anyone. The only thing he dreaded was when he was actually debuting. What should he tell the others when he said he debuted but no one sees him on stage? Until then it was long, or at least that was what he thought. Until then he had enough time to think of some credible answer.

The letter with the contract and conditions for Minho arrived fairly soon. The letter congratulated Lee Minha as the new trainee and the letter was addressed at a female person. Minho’s parents were obviously confused, but since the date of birth and address was all correct Minho could easily convince them that it was just a small mistake. It’s only one letter after all. And he told them that the other trainee that got in was a female and they probably made a mistake due to that. He assured them that he would point that mistake out at the company, directly lying at his parents’ face.

The next day Minho put the signed contract in the mailbox. On his way back home, he reflected on his future as a trainee. Now that he actually made it, he couldn’t be discovered under no circumstances. He had to adapt the girlish behavior in order not to stand out too much to the other girls. He is a little taller, has a deeper voice and doesn’t have a feminine figure after all.

He had to stop the hesitating, the hiding, the shyness. When he wanted to make his dream come true, he had to embrace the circumstance of dressing up as a girl and give it his all, in order for these efforts to not be in vain.

In the next few days, he brought more female clothes and everything he would need for his trainee time as a girl. Minho hid his female clothes in bundles instead of his normal wardrobe. That way he knew exactly where to find which clothes.

On his first day of practice as a trainee, he went to the JYP building already fully clothed for training. He didn’t want to go near the changing cabins again. He would prefer going into the male’s locker room, but that was impossible for obvious reasons.

At the registration desk he showed his JYP-ID and told the staff that he was new so they showed him to the practice room. Minho froze in front of the trainings room and was excited and nervous. Suddenly a girl approached him from the side and saw his lost expression.

“Hey! Also first time here?” Minho looked up to her.

“Ah, I remember you! I’m the other applicant that passed! Nice to finally meet you, I’m Shin Yuna.”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Finally another chapter! :D It's only this short, because it fits perfectly on one page lol. The next chapters will be longer again.


The first Itzy member appeared! I put Itzy and the members in the tags for a reason. I feel like many people thought that it's a story primarily about Itzy, but it isn't. I mean it's kinda obvious that I need a female group in JYP with whom Minho can interact with and for this plot Itzy fits perfectly. There will be other JYP artists appearing in this story, but this story is still Minho-centric.

I think Itzy and most of the JYP artists are well known, even if you don't actively follow them. I also only follow SKZ actively but I like Itzy and Got7 as well.

Tell me what you think will happen next or what you think about the story!

Comments are always welcome! :)