A Matter of First Kiss

For You, I’m Taking A Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


- As they were outside sitting on a bench, Minjoo recalled and told the story of her first kiss- 

 

_______________

 

 

Minjoo was sitting on a bench, just after she ate dinner at a restaurant with her girlfriend. She started dating Chaewon fairly recently, around 2 weeks now. They met through a common friend, Yena, who introduced them to each other around 2 months ago. 

 

They clicked in an instant, finding time to see each other, alone, with no one else, getting to know each other more. It wasn’t a surprise when 2 weeks ago Chaewon confessed to her with Minjoo returning her feelings and they both happily hugged each other as they became official. 

 

 

 

They went to a park, the sun has set down an hour ago, enveloping them in the dark and dreamy night, a moon hanging above both of them and the wind getting colder as it passed by them. Chaewon had her hand in Minjoo’s as they sat down quietly, bracing in the night around them and their presence.

 

 

"Minjoo... did you have your first kiss yet ?" Chaewon had asked, not hoping for a particular answer. She wouldn’t be surprised if Minjoo did, the girl was beautiful and not only she was gorgeous but her personality matched an angel’s. 

 

 

"Actually... yes but there’s a story behind it." Minjoo started, not knowing how to explain and a little anxious if Chaewon expected her to say no. Plus, she really has a little story behind that kiss.

 

 

"Oh... well, I wasn’t expecting for anything anyway. Is it an ex ?" Chaewon had asked, a little anxious this time. 

 

 

 

"I have never dated anyone before you." Minjoo smiled, squeezing Chaewon’s hand a little. 

 

 

Chaewon let out a small sigh of relief, she felt better knowing she was her first... Wait what ?!

 

 

"What ? But ..?" Chaewon was very very confused now, if it wasn’t an ex ... who kissed Minjoo then. 

 

 

"I might as well tell you how it happened." Minjoo laughed at Chaewon’s cute confused face... she expected this though, it’s for sure a quite funny and peculiar story to tell...

 

 

 

 

——

 

 

(Flashback )

 

 

Minjoo was in high school, the diligent and kind student she was made high school a pleasant time for her. Moreover, she was glad to see her friends almost everyday. 

 

 

Her group of friend was very diverse to say the least. 

 

They got the unstoppable big puppy, Ahn Yujin, who is the energy pill of their group. The girl was also the biggest mystery, how was she even not failing classes when she was the least diligent person of their group. 

 

 

They got the smallest and cutest kneecap killer, Yabuki Nako. A Japanese exchange student who was as sweet as scary... never talk about her being under 150cm or she’d destroy your kneecaps.

 

 

The second Japanese is their favourite bread lover, Honda -not the car- Hitomi. She was prone for car jokes due to her last name. It was quite funny to but a single glare is enough for everyone to stop.

 

 

They got the singer as well, Jo Yuri, the internet star who was known for her numerous covers and just how talented she was. Instruments, voice or dance... she got everything. She was also a cutie pie who was so lovable that it’d be a crime to not like her. 

 

 

Last but not least, their ‘little’ - this adjective is an oxymoron for her but let’s not comment about it- youngest of the group. The long legged Jang Wonyoung, the modelling one of their group. She was also very close to Minjoo, being friends since childhood. Life without Wonyoung is not an option for Minjoo.

 

 

She smiled seeing everyone waiting in the hallway as they waited for her to go out of her classroom so they'd hang out later.

 

 

They walked to a park nearby, Yujin running around while laughing as she stole Nako’s shoe... don’t even ask how she lost her shoe. 

 

Minjoo was sitting next to Yuri and Hitomi. Yuri, being the clingy hamster she was, had her arms around Minjoo’s arm. She was naturally sweet and loved to give physical affection to anyone -read it as their friends-... 

 

 

 

Turning her head around, Minjoo looked at Yuri who called out her name. Looking at the younger’s eyes who were shining and glinting in some kind of happiness and love.

 

 

"Hmm ?" Minjoo hummed, asking why she called her.  

 

 

Yuri didn’t say a thing and leaned in closer, pouting her lips... 

 

 

 

 

"Ew stop being so lovey dovey." Whined Hitomi as she saw what was happening.

 

 

Yuri had planted a kiss on Minjoo’s cheek, leaving a lipstick mark there and smiling smugly at Minjoo’s fake glare. They all knew they couldn’t be mad or anything at how Yuri expressed her affection to them… because deep inside they all liked it.

 

 

 

It wasn’t that extraordinary, Yuri always liked hugging them or kissing their cheeks. Minjoo just happened to be today’s victim but she really didn’t mind it. 

 

 

"Oh god, I’m scared for Yuri’s future girlfriend. Either they’ll be jealous to death or dying from all the love she’ll be giving." Wonyoung laughed out. 

 

 

"What ? I just love you guys." Yuri had said, looking fondly at Nako who gave Yujin a kick in her leg which made her yelp in pain loudly and lose her hold on the shoe that fell on the ground.

 

 

 

 

 

Later that day, they stopped at mall, trying to find something to do. Wonyoung wanted to do some shopping while Hitomi wanted to buy some bread not to far. 

 

 

Minjoo had suggested for her and Hitomi to get a snack for everyone while the others would do some shopping. They all agreed, saying they’ll meet up at the small coffee shop not too far. Hitomi and Minjoo will keep them a seat and order.

 

 

As they were in the waiting line to the counter, they both talked about what to order. 

 

 

"That would do." Hitomi agreed with a smile, satisfied that they found everything for everyone.

 

They stood there without talking. The comfortable silence wasn’t bad, they both needed some time away from the loud ones anyway.

 

 

"When are you going to tell her ?" Hitomi had asked. 

 

 

"Who ?" Minjoo inquired while raising an eyebrow.

 

 

"Yujin." 

 

 

"Oh... well, I’m waiting to have some time alone with her." Minjoo replied with a low voice.

 

 

It wasn’t a secret to anyone, Yujin had never been very discreet about her crush on Minjoo. Even admitting it several times to others. 

 

Yet, Yujin had never asked her out yet... 

 

It was just when during a small game where the loser would have a dare, Yena, a senior they knew had dared Yujin to kiss Minjoo.... Yujin had become red, blushing and stuttering. 

 

 

In the end, Yujin gave her a kiss on the forehead. 

 

 

Minjoo felt bad for her... because she knew she wouldn’t return the younger’s feelings. 

 

 

So Minjoo had made her mind, deciding to tell Yujin that she couldn’t return her feelings. 

 

 

"Please be quick... I don’t want her to have false hopes." Hitomi told Minjoo seriously. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They sat down at a table, a large one that could fit everyone when the others would come back from whatever shop they went into.

 

 

One of the desserts they had ordered arrived quickly, the waiter saying the rest would come later. 

 

 

"You can take it." Minjoo said to Hitomi who accepted the offer.

 

 

While they were chatting about school and other things, Hitomi had offered her some of the cake. Feeling bad for Minjoo who watched her eating.

 

 

If it was someone else, someone who wasn’t any of her close friends, Minjoo would have refused the offer as she saw there was only one spoon that they would have to share. 

 

But it was Hitomi and she was one of her closest friends. Without even thinking about how they were sharing the same spoon, Minjoo took a bite of the cake, her eyes growing wide as the sweet flavour engulfed her senses. 

 

 

"Do you want it... it’s too sweet for me." Hitomi revealed. She knew Minjoo had a sweet tooth. 

 

 

"Yeah sure !" Minjoo exclaimed with a smile as she ate the half eaten cake with the spoon they had shared.

 

 

 

 

Soon enough, the rest joined them, taking the sits and laughing while telling what happened back at the store. 

 

"Wonyoung was complaining about how it was hard to find pants her size and Yujin said ‘imagine Nako ! She has to buy in the kids clothing section’ so it ended with us getting th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter