Of Highlights and Kisses

For You, I’m Taking A Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Minjoo was always the one to be curious about everything, but tonight, the subject of her curiousness were kisses. She wondered if they were like in novels or in movies, if they were like described in novels, full of emotions and feelings, or if they were like in movies where everything just stops and all goes slow motion. Chaewon on the other hand, was curious as to why she felt this way around Minjoo, so she took the opportunity to clarify things. -

 

 

 

________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As yet another end credits was rolling on the screen, Minjoo heard her best friend yawning next to her. Minjoo giggled a little, she didn’t blame the girl as they did watch at least 4 movies in a row, all chosen by Minjoo.

 

 

Minjoo paused the TV, taking a time to recollect her thoughts. 

 

If someone said  that Kim Chaewon has spent the afternoon with a girl while watching sappy romantic movies and eating ice cream... no one would probably ever believe it.

 

 

But for Minjoo it was not so hard to imagine. 

 

Especially when that Kim Chaewon is her best friend.

 

 

"Chae ?" Minjoo called out, giggling once again when she saw Chaewon looking up at her mid-stretching, the older looked just like a cheetah cub.

 

 A big intimidating cat but when you take time to know her, she’s just a big intimidating cat in appearance... what people don’t often know is that cheetahs can’t roar, they let out small and cute noise closer to a high pitched bark than a roar. 

 

So much for a big cat uh ?

 

 

That was exactly like Chaewon, she may be intimidating and close to other intimidating people, but she’s actually a huge softie that is as threatening as a kitten. She would be more intimidating in appearance with her elegant look but she actually is cute, as her roar is near inexistant -just like a cheetah- and she may look cold and distant but is actually craving for cuddles 24/7. 

 

That was who Kim Chaewon was for Minjoo. A big sized kitten that looks more intimidating than what she is in reality.

 

"Hmm ?" Chaewon hummed as an answer.

 

 

"What do you think about kisses ?" Minjoo asked, genuinely curious.

 

Chaewon frowned at the question... this wasn’t a regular Minjoo’s question, Chaewon was more expecting an ‘You’re tired ? ‘ or a ‘Was it that boring ?’ than this particular question.

 

 

"Why do want to know ?" Chaewon asked back instead.

 

 

"Well, I may have been in several relationships already but I’ve never got my first kiss. Does it mean I’m not worth it ?" Minjoo explained.

 

 

Chaewon didn’t like this answer one bit. She knew how Minjoo tend to get attached easily to people, she would always be heart broken after each break ups, and Chaewon would always be there to help her move on by eating way too much ice cream and watching movies while cuddling. 

 

Minjoo may look aloof and move on quickly, but Chaewon knew that Minjoo actually keeps it to herself and would often question herself... if she was worth people or not. 

 

 

To Chaewon, people didn’t deserve Minjoo, not the other way around. It was people who weren’t worth Minjoo.

 

"It’s not because no one kissed you that you aren’t worth being kissed. Honestly, people don’t deserve kissing you, they aren’t worth it." Chaewon replied with a huff.

 

This made Minjoo laugh.

 

 

"Unnie, I feel like you’re madder than I am about my break up." Minjoo joked making Chaewon pout a little.

 

 

If Chaewon was here - watching boring movies for more than 6 hours- it was because just today, Minjoo broke up with her boyfriend. A jerk Chaewon may add.

 

 

But honestly speaking, every single one of Minjoo’s exes are jerks for not treating her right. Okay maybe not every single one, Minjoo had dated Yujin for a short while 2 years ago, both made a very cute couple and even though they broke up, they actually decided to stay as friends.

 

 

Now, rethinking about how others were horrible, she remembered how she’d glare at them for even touching Minjoo. Chaewon didn’t want to admit it but she was probably one of the biggest reason why most Minjoo’s exes broke up with her and never dared even holding Minjoo’s hand.

 

"He shouldn’t have dated you if he wanted to break up in 2 weeks." Chaewon grumbled a little, still frowning cutely while pouting.

 

 

"Chae~ I’m not even affected by it, just a little sad that’s all." Minjoo reassured with a playful smile on her lips. Chaewon was always overprotective. 

 

 

"You were sad ! It’s enough to say that he didn’t deserve you, even for 2 weeks." Chaewon retorted huffing at the end as she wasn’t going to let that go anytime soon.

 

 

"Let’s not talk about that then." Minjoo smiled at Chaewon who looked like a grumpy cat.

 

"What do you wanna talk about then .?" Chaewon asked while raising an eyebrow at Minjoo. 

 

 

"How does it feel to be kissed ?" Minjoo questioned, her eyes wandering and her mind lost in thoughts.

 

 

"Why this sudden question.?" Chaewon asked back instead of replying, turning her body towards Minjoo’s so she could look into the younger girl’s eyes properly.

 

"Just curious... I’ve seen many movies today and in each one, the main protagonists share a kiss. I wonder what it feels like to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter