The Eye of the Storm

For You, I’m Taking A Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter







[disclaimer : prompt changed ! Became 'Hyewon confident gay and Eunbi panic gay' ]

 

- Eunbi never was prepared for this. She was always ready to confront every single situation thrown at her, but never in her life was she prepared for the storm that was Kang Hyewon.

 

In fact, it was more of the lull before the storm situation, the quiet before the chaos. A very lovely, gorgeous and flustering chaos.

Hyewon was like a storm, unpredictable and unreadable. Yet, behind the girl and her troubling past was a warm summer day. Eunbi was drown by the harsh winds of various emotions that only got stronger and harder until she suddenly entered the bright summer day in the eye of the storm.-

 

_________________


 

Eunbi was actually surprised, no problems nor quirky situations happening to her recently. Studies going well, no accident at her part time job and no kids to help. By kids, she meant her friends.



 

She was the oldest of her group of friend, so she was the self nominated mom of the group. It was tiring, having 4 kids to take care of. Eunbi could already tell how it’d be to be a real mother and she wasn’t that fond of the idea. 


 

Serving a coffee to the newly arrived customer she heaved a sigh, it was almost the end of her shift but she have dance practice later with the club. 


 

It was going to be a long day. 




 

xxx

 

Eunbi entered the familiar practice room, the lights already on and few dancers already there warming up before the practice starts. 


 

"Unnie !" Here comes the less troublesome of her kids.

 

"Hey Chaeyeon !" Eunbi greeted the younger girl back. 


 

Chaeyeon was very mature although she was young, full of energy and very witty. In case of problems with the others, Chaeyeon was always the second option if Eunbi wasn’t there or wasn’t replying. 

 

As always, Chaeyeon could solve any problems thrown at her efficiently, however, who was there to help Chaeyeon when she needed help. This is how Eunbi and Chaeyeon’s relationship grew stronger, when Chaeyeon was burdened by something Eunbi was here to listen and help. For Chaeyeon, Eunbi was like an older sister. 


 

"Unnie, Yena-" as Chaeyeon was about to say something, the said duck-like girl appeared out of nowhere.


 

"Unnie ! Tomorrow we’ll not be single anymore !" Yena chirped happily. Here comes the most troublesome of her kids.





 

Yena may or may not have invited her and Chaeyeon to a blind date with 3 other girls. From what she understood, the strangers are actually some of her old high school friends and some others she actually never met before. 

 

Yena wanted to invite the whole group but unfortunately, one was still in high school, as the baby of the group and the other was out of town...


 

"Come on, Chaeyeon even agreed with it ~!" Yena tried to convince Eunbi.


 

Eunbi threw an accusing glare at Chaeyeon who just mouthed a ‘she’s very convincing you know’ before turning her head back to Yena who gave her puppy-ducky eyes. 


 

"Alright, what time ?" Eunbi sighed in defeat, giving in. 


 

Yena cheered a little before giving her the details of tomorrow’s meeting. 



 

Eunbi didn’t know yet but a storm coming her way. 




 

xxx



 

Thankfully, she was totally free today, no shifts, no projects and no classes. A perfect day to be dragged by her friends to some weird blind date.


 

Eunbi took her time to prepare herself, dressing up with a white shirt and a two piece that looks close to overalls. 


 

Eunbi looked at the time, 2pm, it was almost time for the meeting. She sighed and took her car key as well as her bag. Starting her car, she typed in the address of the meeting place and started driving towards her destination.



 

She wondered what type of person she’ll meet today. Maybe she’ll find someone her type... 


 

‘What are you thinking about. Snap it out Eunbi. You aren’t there to find a date, you’re there because you got forced by a duck.’ She said inside her mind while taking a turn and parking her car.



 

Going out the car, she walked to the coffee shop, seeing none of her friends there, she took a seat at one of the tables while calling Chaeyeon, she wasn’t that worried about Yena... she wasn’t known for being punctual, but Chaeyeon wasn’t the type to be late. 


 

"Chaeyeon ?" She called out when the latter picked up the call.


 

- Oh Unnie ! I’m sorry I think I can’t come. My sister got sick so I’m taking care of her.


 

Chaeyeon said, as Eunbi could hear in the background the sound of someone coughing.


 

"Oh it’s alright. I’ll tell Yena. See ya." Eunbi hang up with a sigh... guess she’ll be alone with the duck today.


 

Just then, her phone lit up, showing a newly received text. 


 

Duckie : Unnie ! I forgot I had an assignment to turn in for tomorrow! 

 

Duckie : tell Chaeyeon I can’t come. 

 

Kwon Celeb : Chaeyeon can’t come either 

 

Kwon Celeb : I’m already there what do I do.

 

Duckie : my friend said she’s almost there

 

Duckie : stay. I sent her a pic of you so she’ll recognize you.

 

Kwon Celeb : are you serious!

 

Kwon Celeb : Yah 

 

Kwon Celeb : Don’t leave me on read 

 

Kwon Celeb : you duck !

 

Kwon Celeb : YAH CHOI YENA



 

"Hmmm hello ? Kwon Celeb ..?" A voice cut Eunbi off her furious typing. Looking up with the still very present frown, she saw the most breathtaking girl she has ever seen.


 

Tall with purplish hair cascading down her shoulders, big eyes and plump red lips and a slim figure. Breathtaking.


 

"Hmmm you okay.?" The girl asked again which brought Eunbi back to reality.


 

"U-uh yeah I am." Eunbi replied with a stutter. Composing herself.


 

‘It’s no time to panic !’ She internally scolded herself  


 

"You won’t mind me taking a seat." The girl said to which Eunbi urged her to sit in front of her. 


 

"So."

 

"So."


 

They both said at the same time, making Eunbi blush a little. She wasn’t like this in normal time, she was confident and her head was glued to her shoulders, never once wavering. So why was she this stuttering and blushing mess in front of that gorgeous stranger... 



 

"Yena told me she couldn’t come and that a girl named ‘Kwon Celeb’ was already there waiting." The girl started smirking a little at the nickname.



 

"Oh yeah... she told me she forgot to do an assignment..." Eunbi replied, missing the way the stranger in front of her raised an eyebrow and her lip twitched at her words.


 

"Oh right. An Assignment... I’m Kang Hyewon by the way." Hyewon mumbled at first before introducing herself. (Hyewon for sure have figured something)

 

Stretching out a hand toward Eunbi, she quickly accepted the handshake while presenting herself as well. "I’m Kwon Eunbi. Nice to meet you." 



 

*ding*


 

Hyewon looked at her phone which chimed at the new message, seeing a text she expected to see now. 


 

"My friend who was supposed to come as well just ditched me." Hyewon told Eunbi with an awkward smile.


 

"Oh... I guess it’ll be the two of us then." Eunbi replied with a shy smile, not knowing what to say. 


 

It was a first, Eunbi always had a reply to everything... except to the girl named Kang Hyewon in front of her.




 

"I guess we are. How about I buy us a drink. Anything in particular ?" Hyewon suggested with a smile... a flirty smile ? Whatever smile it was, it was enough to make Eunbi’s heart skip a beat.


 

"An i-ice americano would be nice." Eunbi stuttered out, looking down at her fingers, not daring to look a second longer at Hyewon who smiled even brighter at Eunbi’s reaction.



 

"Alright, I’ll be back soon." Hyewon said while walking toward the counter.



 

Eunbi stayed sat there, this will be harder than she thought. 


 

It would be a lie to say that Hyewon wasn’t attractive, because she is absolutely attractive to Eunbi. From the big eyes seemingly scanning deep in her soul, the charming smile and the sweet low voice. It was too much for Eunbi’s poor little heart.



 

( Hyewon was ordering the drinks and a piece of cake while furiously typing on her phone. She knows too well what just happened and she wasn’t going to let her friends off the hook... but she couldn’t deny that she was interested in that Kwon Eunbi.)



 

Almost too quickly, Hyewon came back with the drinks and what seemed to be few pieces of cake. 


 

"I wasn’t sure of your preferences so I took several ones. I hope you’ll like it." Hyewon said while placing down the food and drinks on their table.


 

Eunbi saw the few slice of cakes, she wasn’t a picky person so she wasn’t that difficult to please food wise.


 

"Oh, I like them all. Thank you Hyewon." Eunbi thanked Hyewon who once again smiled at her. 


 

Hyewon took the initiative to give Eunbi one of the cakes, a chocolate cake. Eunbi didn’t mind it although she was more attracted to the carrot cake that Hyewon took for herself instead. 



 

As they began to eat while trying to get to know each other better, Eunbi had learned that Hyewon was slightly younger than her and was doing medical studies which didn’t fail to impress Eunbi. Not to mention that they were in the same university.


 

‘Not only she has the look but she has the brain as well.’ Eunbi thought 

 

"Want to try ?" Hyewon said suddenly, bringing Eunbi back from wherever her mind wandered off. 


 

"Uh ?" 


 

Looking as Hyewon raised her spoon toward her, with a piece of the carrot cake on it, Eunbi slightly blushed at the attention. 


 

Wordlessly, Eunbi leaned in, taking the piece of cake in and sigh in relief at the sweet taste invading . 

 

Hyewon smiled at the reaction before turning her attention back to her own cake.

 

Eunbi almost choked on her saliva when Hyewon smiled, taking her spoon to her cake once again and eat a piece of cake as well.... the same spoon she used to feed Eunbi.

 

Eunbi wasn’t going to voice out what happened… she was way too flustered.

 

"The carrot cake here is really good isn’t it." Hyewon said, trying to find a subject to talk about.


 

"It is. I like carrot cake a lot." Eunbi replied.



 

"Oh really ! I thought you’d prefer the chocolate cake. Actually I like chocolate better... how about we switch cakes." Hyewon eyes grew wide, she had given her favorite cake to Eunbi in hope the latter would like it, but turns out Eunbi preferred the carrot cake she took for herself instead.


 

Without letting Eunbi say something else, Hyewon switched their plates, getting the chocolate cake to herself while giving the carrot cake to Eunbi. 






 

Midway in their chatting, Hyewon started giggling to herself...


 

"I thought of letting it stay on your face a bit longer but it’s starting to make me laugh now." Hyewon laughed out her words, leaving Eunbi in confusion.


 

"Don’t move." Hyewon said still giggling a little.


 

Hyewon leaned over the table, taking Eunbi’s cheek in one hand while the other wiped a little stain of chocolate on the corner of Eunbi’s lips. Eunbi froze at the contact, her brain malfunctioning and her heart a fluttering mess. 


 

She watched as Hyewon leaned back to her sit, taking her thumb that wiped the chocolate stain to , her finger clean.... Eunbi didn’t know if there was butterflies in her stomachs, but something for sure was there making a mess inside her. She was pretty sure it was a zoo at this point. 


 

Hyewon almost wanted to laugh at how red Eunbi became... but she shrugged it off.


 

"There was some chocolate on your face, it was there for 10 minutes now and I very tempted to let it stay longer but I didn’t want it to ruin the sight of your beautiful face... even if the chocolate made you look very cute. " Hyewon winked at Eunbi who didn’t know that she could be even redder and flustered than she already

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter