Stubborn

For You, I’m Taking A Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


- Chaewon was being a big annoying kid, so Minjoo thought why not play the same game.  Two stubborn mind clashes and only one would win. -

 

 

___________



 

"I don’t wanna ~" 


 

"You need to." 


 

"But it tastes bad, I don’t like it."


 

"The Doctor said you should take this for one month. It has barely been two weeks Unnie !" 


 

"But I’m fine already ~!"




 

This went on and on for a dozen of minutes now, Minjoo sitting on the corner of the bed where Chaewon laid with a sulking face while crossing her arms stubbornly.


 

It wasn’t anything very serious, Chaewon was diagnosed with appendicitis two weeks ago and was urged to have a surgery as soon as possible. It’s been two long weeks since Chaewon was bedridden and taken care of by her girlfriend, Kim Minjoo. 


 

At first, the pain made it so Chaewon couldn’t find the force to even refuse her medicine, the few antibiotics that were given to her and the pain reliever. 

 

She hated them, she never liked taking pills, the sensation of swallowing them made her want to throw up. It wasn’t a nice sensation at all and what was even worse was that sometimes, the pills left a bad taste in . 


 

Now that she was getting better, the sensation of taking them was getting worse day by days. When before, the pain was so unbearable that she couldn’t even feel the medications going down , now, it became almost impossible to swallow them.




 

"It’s hard to swallow, I feel more sick when I see them than anything." Chaewon whined again. Today, she wasn’t going to take those. Enough was enough. 


 

"Unnie, you should follow the doctor’s words." Minjoo tried to reason. She had a cup of water in her hand and the pills in another. She was tired of this but she had to make sure Chaewon took them.



 

"I’m better now, I can even walk a small distance by myself ! I’ll be fine." Chaewon argued with a pout. She was getting better, she really was so she didn’t see why she should take these medications anymore.


 

"It doesn’t mean you don’t need them ! Come on Unnie, just take them." Minjoo replied, getting a little annoyed at the older girl’s childishness.


 

Chaewon took a look at Minjoo’s face, the frown and the upset face... she knew Minjoo wasn’t going to let her off the hook.


 

"Min... please." Chaewon begged with the best puppy eyes she could make.


 

Minjoo’s frown only hardened. Chaewon felt suddenly bad but then she looked back at the pills in Minjoo’s hand and it made her shiver in disgust.


 

"Chae... if not for the doctor then just do it for me please." Minjoo sighed, she was tired of this argument already. 

 

Chaewon stayed silent, conflicted. She wanted to take them but her body refused. It was really something she hated... 


 

Seeing Chaewon not even moving, Minjoo sighed, disappointed in the older girl. She thought that Chaewon would at least take them for her, but seems like Chaewon wasn’t.

 

 If Chaewon wants to play like this, Minjoo will show her that she could also be stubborn. May the most stubborn win.


 

"You know, I’m only doing this for you." Minjoo said one last time before setting the medicine and the glass of water on the bedside table. 



 

Chaewon was speechless, she wanted so badly to do it, for Minjoo, but her body didn’t cooperate. At the sight of those small evil pills, she couldn’t even find the force to reach out to them as she could already feel tighten. The bile rising up as those pills taunted her. 


 

Minjoo stood up, leaving the bedroom with an unreadable face. She was done with this.

 

"I’m going to cook dinner." Minjoo stated, not even looking at Chaewon once while exiting the room.



 

Chaewon looked at the retreating figure, she felt the sting at the words, her heart clenching painfully at the sight. The words like needle pricking at her heart in small yet painful jabs.


 

She knew it was a lie, one because of the time, it wasn’t even 6pm yet, and two because they all knew Minjoo doesn’t cook. 

 

Eunbi dropped here everyday to give them lunch and dinner, sometimes staying and preparing snacks for the both of them.



 

Chaewon sighed as guilt arose from the memory of Minjoo’s disappointment in her. The memory playing in her mind in loops as she couldn’t do anything but stay in bed all by herself. 


 

Alone. In bed. With guilt eating her up. 









 

Chaewon woke up to the smell of food in her room, Minjoo just entered the room after she heated up the dinner Eunbi left for them earlier today. 

 

"Hey." Chaewon smiled at Minjoo... but her only reply was the cold glance she received. Chaewon shivered at the coldness.



 

Minjoo sat on the chair she had brought next to the bed, she had given the bowl to Chaewon as a silent signal for her to eat. 


 

"Since you’re fine, you can eat by yourself now." Minjoo said, ice in her voice. Another jab at Chaewon. 


 

Chaewon looked at the bowl in her hands as she let the words sink in. Since she was bedridden, Minjoo had always taken care of her, including feeding her. 

 

But not tonight, Minjoo was just sitting next to her, eating her own meal. 


 

Chaewon felt her heart clench again, more painfully. 


 

She knew it was her fault. She did deserve it.


 

Minjoo glanced at Chaewon who was just staring at her bowl... not even touching the food. With a sigh, she stopped eating and put down her own fork. She took the bowl from Chaewon’s hands and brought the spoon in front of Chaewon’s mouth signaling her to eat.

 

As mad as she was, she couldn’t just let Chaewon stare at her food until it goes cold.


 

Chaewon took the bite, internally smiling at the gesture... Minjoo may be mad at her, the girl still loved her enough to take care of her. 


 

As the empty bowls were the only thing left, Minjoo went to wash th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter