Dancing Queen

For You, I’m Taking A Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


- Chaewon tries her best to become the Dancing Queen. Until the beautiful night when she became Minjoo's Dancing Queen.-

__________


 

As the old teacher announced the end of the class, students stood up, packing their stuff. Some excitedly, almost hurriedly while some took their time, mostly because they had no plans in their heads. 

 

Minjoo only thought of what to do after, they ended this lecture quite early today. She wanted to bother her girlfriend but she knew the girl was very busy with the intense training for this year’s dance competition. 


 

She sighed, but then, as if a light bulb went on in her head... she lighted up at her own superb idea.


 

Looking at her phone to see what time it was, 11 am, perfect. 


 

She then packed her stuff quickly, a smile on her face. 




 

——



 

" 1, 2, 3 and 4... Yena you got it wrong here." Chaeyeon said, as the leader of their team.


 

"Your right foot must go there." Eunbi pointed out as well, as the co-leader of their little group. 


 

"Oh, like this ?" Yena tried to correct her step as Chaeyeon showed her once again while Eunbi watched them both with scanning eyes. 


 

Chaewon took it as a small opportunity to drink some water... except that her water bottle was empty. She sighed at her unlucky situation, she could buy a new one later when they’ll have a break… if they ever take one.


 

"Chaewon come here, we’re repeating it once again." Eunbi called out for her younger friend.


 

"Oh I’m coming !" Chaewon yelled back as she strode all her way back to the group.


 

"1, 2, 3 and 4..." and they began counting the steps again.


 

It has been maybe 3 hours since they started practicing, from early in the morning to almost lunch time. Chaewon wasn’t going to complain, they had to win this competition like all the previous ones. Not only that but she was going to prove something as well.



 

More repetitions, more adjustments of the routine and more correction of steps. It went on and on. 


 

"Alright, let’s take a pause for now. Chaewon you did very great today. How about we eat lun-" Chaeyeon said while clapping her hands, satisfied with how far they progressed but her announcements got cut off by a knock on the door.


 

Soon after the knocking, the door opened up and a familiar head peeked inside the room...


 

"Oh Hi... I wasn’t interrupting anything I hope." The girl said, still half standing behind the door.


 

"No, no, no Minjoo come in." Chaeyeon smiled at the younger girl. 


 

"Hey Minjoo !"

 

"Hello Minjoo."

 

"Nice to see you Minjoo." 



 

Minjoo smiled at everyone, replied to all the greetings but she didn’t stop at any of them. She kept on walking towards the slouched figure against the wall, red and panting, hair a little disheveled yet still looking very cute. 


 

"Hey babe." Minjoo crouched down to be on the same level as her girlfriend who looked totally drained out. 


 

The older girl opened her eyes to meet her girlfriend's bright orbs and she smiled at her. She loved it when Minjoo would visit her during practice. 


 

Minjoo opened her bag and took out a small towel, she used it to wipe the sweat off her girlfriend’s face. 


 

"Tired ?" Minjoo asked, her voice sweet and caring. 


 

"Hmm." The older girl replied with a short hum while pouting a little. She was a real kid for her girlfriend.


 

"I brought you lunch." Minjoo told the girl who gave her a grateful smile. 

 

Chaewon was still falling for Minjoo, deeper and deeper but she wasn’t complaining. She loved it. She loved her. 


 

"Let’s go eat then." Chaewon said as she stood up, with the help of her girlfriend.



 

"Everyone come back here at 3pm for the afternoon practice." Eunbi said before anyone could leave the practice room. She smiled at the couple who said goodbye before disappearing hand in hand behind the door.



 


 

Seeing that they had some time, Chaewon offered to drive Minjoo to her apartment not too far from the campus to eat lunch together there.


 

Of course Minjoo agreed although she felt bad for making Chaewon drive her when she was that tired. Yet, Chaewon reassured her she was fine several times while driving.


 

"I’m not so tired anymore, especially when I saw your face." Chaewon had cheekily said while she drove them towards her apartment . 


 

Arriving at Chaewon’s apartment, the latter opened the door for them.


 

"I’m going to take a quick shower, so I can hug and cuddle you all I want later. I stink right now." Chaewon announced as she took off her shoes.



 

"Bold of you to think it’d stop me." Minjoo smiled mischievously as she went and gave Chaewon a tight hug, pecking her lips tenderly.


 

Chaewon smiled at the younger girl while giving her a kiss on the cheek. Until...


 

"But you’re right... you stink." Minjoo laughed while Chaewon playfully pushed her.


 

"I stink uhh ? Come here !" Chaewon asked with a fake threatening tone, her eyes wide but her little smile giving it away. She lunged at Minjoo who escaped it and started running inside the apartment while laughing and yelling incoherent words making Chaewon laugh even harder behind.





 

They ran like this for a good minute, both falling on the couch as Chaewon caught Minjoo in a bone crushing hug. They stayed there, Chaewon still not releasing Minjoo from her hold, both panting from their impromptu running. 


 

"Gotcha." Chaewon breathed out in between her pants, the breath hitting right on Minjoo’s ear who shivered a little.


 

"You got me.... forever." Minjoo smiled, letting Chaewon hug her a minute too long. Both basking in the warmth of their love.







 

Chaewon ultimately went to take a shower while Minjoo was heating up the take out she bought after her class. Minjoo knew the apartment like her own, having probably spent as much time here as in hers. Might call this place hers as well now. 


 

As she was heating up the meal, she felt arms snaking up her waist, a chin on her shoulder and a familiar weight against her back. The scent of soap and surprisingly of baby powder invading her nose.

 

Minjoo looked over her shoulder and was nose to nose with Chaewon. She smiled at her girlfriend who returned the smile with her own... 


 

"Why are you so cute today ?" Minjoo asked playfully. She wanted to laugh at the blush creeping up on Chaewon’s cheeks. 

 

"I’m not." Chaewon mumbled while hiding her blushing face in Minjoo’s shoulder.


 

"You're liking it." Minjoo gave up and just laughed out loud, feeling her girlfriend smile in her shoulder as well.


 

"I do." Chaewon mumbled against the skin of Minjoo’s neck and giving it a soft kiss.






 

Lunch wasn’t on a table... rather on the couch. They were watching a movie while eating the take out meal. 


 

"The contest is in 2 weeks right ?" Minjoo asked while stuffing her face with pieces of meat.


 

"Yeah. It’s at the same place as last time." Chaewon nodded 


 

"That reminds me of high school." Minjoo said out of the blue. Memories of their high school days flashing in her mind. 



 

"True... the team is the same as before too." Chaewon agreed bitterly.



 

____


 

(Flashback)




 

Minjoo skipped all the way to the familiar practice room. She was smiling from ear to ear at the thought of seeing her girlfriend. She knew how much she loved it when she would visit her during practice and the thought of her smiling was enough to brighten her day.


 

It was well known. They were the school power-couple, made of two of the most popular students that made everyone jealous of what they had. Who wouldn’t, they had one of the best relationships and the most stable as well. 


 

They have been dating for a year and a half now. Their relationship not faltering even once, sure they had their fair shares of arguments but they would make up (out) soon after.


 

Seeing the familiar door, Minjoo opened it and froze on spot. 


 

There she saw what never failed to impress ... she couldn’t describe it. 


 

Chaeyeon was dancing, light steps and hair flying around, moves sharp yet fluid. It was hypnotic, Minjoo couldn’t take her eyes away from her. 


 

There was no doubt that Chaeyeon was a very good dancer.



 

A figure watched, a small glare and jealousy churning inside her stomach like undying fire burning her from the inside. She couldn’t stand it, it has always been like this. 

 

Minjoo only saw Chaeyeon when she was dancing, as if in a trance... 


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter