Chapter 3

Un-lucky Romance

word count: 1500+

Hi!! Enjoy reading! this was so funny for me (?) lol 

----

“Did you drink?” Baekhyun finally put her down at the entrance of the venue, far away from the crowd. He ask because it has smell, like about four cups of champagne. Kim Seol didn’t answer and she looks awkward with him standing behind her. “My dress laces got stuck on your buttons of your suit Baekhyun.” She was thankful enough that the dress is long to cover the rest of her lower body.

Baekhyun look at his suit, “Why did you even dress like that?” He lean down and fix the laces, they don’t know the stares of his parents that think there is really something going on between them. After fixing, there no way that Kim Seol didn’t feel the he breathe in on her neck.

“What are you doing?!”

“You smell alcohol. Did you drink?” Baekhyun walk together with her. “It just a champagne mix with juice.”

“Don’t drink too much.”

“Okay…” She said as they parted their ways. Baekhyun goes with his other friends, Kim Seol bid her good bye to Baekhyun’s parents. She don’t feel great since she saw her ex-boyfriend earlier…It would be a lie if she will say that the guy don’t look happy with that girl.

The thoughts of being a bad luck to his life he always says every call…Where she will always the one who would call him makes her feel sick now, because back then he said something like she was the one who are keeping him away from opportunity he can’t grab because of her. When is the first place it should be his responsibility, if he don’t say that to her that time she doubt that he don’t even have a plan to tell her all the plans he will make.

She walks to a convenience store just across of Baekhyun’s house. Standing in front of it. “I guess I’ll be staying for a bit.” Entering her work place. This is one of her part time job but today is her day-off. Putting a three can of juice and dried squid in the counter. Her co-worker greet her. “Hi Seol! Are you staying out?” while scanning the item. “Yes…please watch me over there hmm?” She ask as a favor, walking out to the store sitting on a vacant seat.

The cold night makes her sentimental, as she think all of that efforts she work hard just to put it up...She wants to laugh now as she notice a slightly scratched thumb, How is the probability of her getting a wound from opening a can? How many people would believe that not all the things were made perfect because apparently this can is not that well-made despite of mass production? When it can just happened to be like that. Coincidence exist.

That’s why she don’t talk too much anymore because even on small things can be unfortunate to other people including her. She learned that it’s just coincidental that it happens to be that her on that situation. Whining doesn’t do anything, it’s the annoying noise that prevent you from making a solution.

As she is busy drinking her first can and eating the dried squid just staring blankly at the outside when someone inside the store is causing a ruckus. She observe them, drinking the whole can and walk inside.

“What is happening here Minhyuk?” She ask as the guy keep throwing the things on the rack in the accessory section. “I don’t know! He is asking for a charcoal, I don’t want to suspect something and I said that we don’t even sell them. Manager was out for a break time.”

“Just call for a police. Make a report for destruction.” She said and walk towards him, “Sir, what do you want to purchase? I will do it for you.” Asking nicely.

“What purchase?! I will find that charcoal!” The man really went berserk that she was also startled and the destruction just keep going on. “Sir don’t do this! You can talk to us.”

She wants to help, but it’s just cause a worst behavior, “I don’t want you! You are just a girl! A nonsense one!” he said and glared at her.

That’s it, she closes her eyes and exhales. He just washes out all her respect to the phrase “Customer is always right.” Out of all the days she was shift in why now? When she was feeling worst.  Even Minhyuk can feel the anger that resonates on her aura, to the point that distract his phone call.

“What the hell did you say?”

“Did you just curse me?”

“I don’t ing care! You just didn’t say that to women! Especially me!” She grab a handball and throw at his face.

“You are just a girl.” She lean down her head getting ready a head bang, running on her heels she goes…

 

But instead it hit someone innocent customer who is talking to someone on his air.pods, Baekhyun really feel that his soul went out of his body for a minute as he remembers his head hit something more hard than he experienced earlier this morning.

Meanwhile Kim Seol feels victory as she stand up and look at Minhyuk who is now holding the suspect. “Kim Seol! You miss your hit!” She laughs, “What? Are you blind minhyuk? You are holding him oh!” she even clapped her hand.

“You hit someone innocent customer! Look at your behind! For god’s sake!” Minhyuk ties the suspect on a cable zip tie and walk past by her.

“Oh god, his nose is bleeding Seol! He was unconscious too! What are we going to do?!” Minhyuk said, she walk to his side and saw Baekhyun laying on the ground.

“Oh…...” That’s when she knows that her bad luck will really get her someday, and that someday is today.

As she look for ice bag, minhyuk make a call for ambulance. “What should I do Minhyuk?! really happened.” She panic, putting an ice bag on the surface of his nose.

“You could even go to jail for that Seol! Why is this even happening on my shift?!” Minhyuk put his hand on his head, thinking that this whole night will be a really long story to tell to their manager.

Both the police and ambulance has arrived and they explained the situation with honesty. Kim Seol and Baekhyun went first to the near hospital, “Hope you can solve the problem by talking!”

As he put in the ER ward, while she was patiently waiting outside. The doctor who took him went out finally. “How is he doctor?” she ask nervously. “Oh, Mr. Byun Baekhyun?” she nodded vigorously.

“He is alright…he just…got a shock. I think he will wake up in any minute now.” She went inside as the doctor said it is now alright to see him.

She saw him sleeping peacefully, sitting beside the vacant seat. “Oh, thank god. You are alright! I really didn’t saw you coming! I’m so sorry! It’s just the guy get on my nerves big time. I hope you forgive me!” She went on telling how sorry she was and praying that he is alright.

“What should I tell to his mom? Oh god, my mom is going to kill me!” She talk loud cause by her nervousness.

Baekhyun is a light sleeper and this loud woman just can’t keep shut. “You are loud.” He said looking away.

“Are you alright Baekhyun?” She leaned in to check anything. “Are they anything wrong with your head? I will let the doctor know! I hope you don’t sue me!”

“It hurts.”

“What?!”

“It hurts earlier, I really feel my soul went outside of my body. Are you a hulk? Is your whole body was made out of rock?” He said and shake his head. Kim Seol kneel down on the ground for him, “I’m really sorry! If it makes you feel better, I’m willing to do anything!” Kim Seol gave up everything she have. The guilt she felt was big time. She didn’t even think anything, whether she regret it later or whatever.

“You know what Seol? Let me tell a story, my mom just ordered me to buy her that things she used to massage her jaw or what you called that thing. I really didn’t expecting something like this would happen to me…”

She heavily let out a breath, “I’m sincerely sorry! I promise I will do anything you want! I’m not saying something dirty…you could use me as your personal maid!”

He looks away and stopping himself from laughing, what is this girl…”Of course not, I wouldn’t want…you.” She glared, “My head really hurts.” Kim Seol scoffs.

“Okay, then be my lackey.”

That’s it…where her bad luck goes, when his mother and father enter the room. “Are you all right dear son?!” They ask worriedly, checking his face and all if there is anything wrong with his physical body.

“Nothing mom and dad…I’m perfectly alright.” Baekhyun is more than happy than ever.

Yes…your son is just crazy, and he is alright. If she could just say that aloud.

----

Lackey or lucky?

To be continued...

----

What do you think the result of being baekhyun's lackey? Please leave a comment about anything you want to say! ^^ Highly appreciated! ^^