Chapter 5

Un-lucky Romance

word count:1500+

I'm sorry it took me so long!

----

“Eat, Seol-ie! You can grab what you want to eat!” His mom said looking at Baekhyun, her eyes telling him to pick up a dish for Seol. Before Seol can even do that, Baekhyun put an egg roll to her bowl.

“Thanks.” She shyly said and eat, avoiding eye contact and just keep stuffing with small servings. “Eat slowly Seol you might choke later.” Baekhyun said and eat a bread.

Nevertheless, she really choke when his mother ask, “You should bring her with the family gathering next time Baekhyun!” Seol keep coughing, patting his thigh that Baekhyun got taken aback but instantly recovered from it and rub her back, give her a water.

Seol kick his leg, signal for him to say something but it hurts him. He just gasp from pain, it feels that the pain penetrates deep down his bone! He lock her leg through his out of annoyance. “I’ll take that as a yes Baekhyun hmm? I’m expecting you Seol. Thank you.” Mrs. Byun smiles so bright.

She also stand up from her seat, and kick his leg one more time, But miss it when Baekhyun got up and with two step from her to grabbed her wrist, due to hindrance of diner table and seat, they fall together with a sound but she didn’t feel her head hit the ground.

Exhaling and open her eyes slowly, “You smell egg roll.” Baekhyun said and got up when Seol getting ready to attack him, “You should stop being like that Seol!” She just scoff and sighs.

“I’m….sorry.”

“Okay! Apology accepted.” At least she knows what goes wrong with her action which made him feel good, but then…she stop.

“Why did you let her go off like that to us?!” She said and glare at him, Baekhyun just laughs. “I didn’t do anything! I was going to answer her but you just kick me!”

“Then I have no choice but to go with you?” He laughs, “You know that Family gatherings is the most boring ones, it is not the first time that I always ditch them but you really think I would go? Like I would bring you when I don’t even attend them since my senior year?” That got her embarrassed…what he said is true. “It’s okay Seol. It is normal to perceived.” He said and walk together with her.

“But why did you do that to me?!” He frowns and stop at the middle of their walk outside the dining room. “What did I do?! Ya, Seol can you explain to me first before you spout anything like that?” Not aware that they are going loud with another argument of the day that needs to have better understanding for Seol.

 “What did I do, Seol?” He even leaned down his head on her height and stare at her eyes... and appreciate the unique brown iris, then goes to whole face and notice her blush on both cheek. She roll her eyes and gulps. “You…you did that.”

Baekhyun let out a chuckle, because she looks so annoyed just now. “What? You didn’t answer me.” She sighs, like it will make her heartbeat calm? It is beating fast and this guy doing all this to her doesn’t have a good effect.

“You don’t need to know!” She just said and sprint off. “You have to say goodbye to my mom!” He said teasingly.

 

Weekdays just comes so fast like a lightning volt and the weekend just passed by them and now Seol just got summon by Baekhyun lazy self again. “I hope you don’t get shock by this, Seol…” Baekhyun said while standing outside of their department. “What it is now, Baekhyun?” Crossing her arms when she saw his smile that look creepy.

“I recommend you to be my assistant and my manager want to meet you.” He said slowly on her ears and run off, it take a minutes for her to sink all of that and chase him out of annoyance.

“Hey Byun Baekhyun! Get back here!!!” She run through the quiet hallway but when she got hold of him, Baekhyun took this chance to grab her hands, folding it with both of his and pull off his charms. “I’m so sorry Seol! Please help me! You are the first one that comes to my mind when he said I can finally get a trusted assistant to help me!”

She got taken aback on his action plus the fact that he trusted her…”Seol? Will you help me?” Seol may not know but he meant it.  She feel annoyed by the weird feeling of his hand holding hers and shake it. Just nodded and pray that this will be not another regretful decision she has made.

 

That’s how she ended up by watching his practice at Thursday in the afternoon after learning the whole thing about their University ice hockey team for the past three days and his schedule for this month. He have this hard core practice that is still going on until five pm today and rest day on both Friday and Saturday. The practice end peacefully and it did satisfy the coach. Although the tension inside the team really bothered her.

“Hey are you okay?” Seol ask when Baekhyun got out of the ice rink with his stick and seat beside her. She help him get rid of his helmet and kneel down, “Stand up, Seol.”

“I will help you change your shoes----.”

Baekhyun brush his hair annoyingly, standing up and walk to his other team member and grab his shirt. “Do you really think I didn’t hear about the you just said?”

“I did that for you to be heard.”

That got him so agitated and he considered going violence but Seol held his wrist. “You can’t do this here Baek. Let’s just go.”

Hyunmin clap his hand and laughs, “Oh…did your maid just save your stinky attitude?”

Both of them especially Seol got really annoyed but they choose to just walk out. Hyunmin who feels devastated that he got ignored, that anger adds more when he saw Baekhyun just a meter away from him kisses the girl’s cheek that last for a minute…making the other members wondered about the misunderstanding about the commotion before the game and Hyunmin being childish about Baekhyun’s assistant to this past few days after they meet her.

Because it look like he was craving for his attention. They get what it look like and respect it but he was doing it in wrong way, sometimes they will got into a very bad fight that affect the whole game and lose their win.

 

 “What maid are you talking about Hyunmin? Kim Seol is my girlfriend, she is a student like us here, is there any reason why you decided to pick at her today?”

That made him got so agitated and throw an half empty water bottle aiming to Baekhyun but Seol got hit by that. “That’s It Hyunmin. I’m going to report you for this, I don’t think you will like to get ousted before you can even get play at the upcoming league. Also if you think you can get away from this, then look at the cctv at the middle. Please get yourself together, we have upcoming tournament and it would be a loss to us if you have choosen to be like that. ” Baekhyun said and march to their locker room, turns out you can walk on your ice skate shoes through the shortcut, means you don’t need to do the hassle and make less embarrass for them to walk out of the mess.

The other new recruited members of the team didn’t know but Baekhyun knows how Hyunmin is so problematic in high school and until now that they are on the same team, he was so done by his unexplainable attitude. He thinks everything childishly like the hockey sport is a joke to him and isn’t important matters to other members building their dreams in it, whatever it is it shouldn’t be tolerated and make him aware by that.

At the locker room, Seol feels shock more than pain she got from the hit when Baekhyun is holding an ice pack beside her and gently patting on her head.

“Did it hurt?” she was still in shock and couldn’t answer his question, “I’m asking you Seol.” Baekhyun look at her face, “Well…not really…”

“Your body must be really made out of rock huh.” She scoff that automatically make pouted a little, and hit his arms a little. “I’m okay! You don’t need to do this.” She grab the ice bag and turns around him. “What now Seol?”

Seol tap his forehead, “Why did you to that for?!” and tap again but Baekhyun got a hold of it. “Can you just help me showing you off to them up until the league tournament?”

“What…what show off are you…talking about…” Seol said while looking away.

“It isn’t what being in relationship look like?”

“You…you didn’t answer my question! Why did you do that first?”

Baekhyun finally give up and sighs, leaning to her ear to say the most ridiculous rumor he heard circulating around their department. Before she can even react to it, Baekhyun held her jaw and the other hand on her neck and place a kiss near her lips. Hearing a plentiful of cheering from the other members who got back from shower.

----

Look like Baekhyun is the one who need the luck? 

To be continued...

----

Hi!! I'm so sorry it took me long! I'll write more content about them! Please anticipate!