Chapter 8

Un-lucky Romance

 

word count: 2000+

I'm so sorry for the last time! and for this update that seems with repeated situation but i hope they can make your day! 

----

Baekhyun keep staring at her who is busy filling up the tub with cold water…turning on the right side…”What are you wearing? It looks tight.” Seol looks behind, not sure what he said and walk to his bed, seating at the vacant.

Leaning down her head to his, “What did you say? I didn’t quiet hear that…” Baekhyun opens his eyes and look at hers, “You look uncomfortable don’t you?” She immediately cover up her chest with her arms, embarrassed, looking away, Baekhyun seated and took off his jersey to put it on her shoulder, buttoning it up to the top.

“Shiyoon called me…he said you are being hard to them, practicing all day and all of that physical."

“Answer me first, are you seriously going out looking like that?” Seol frowns, “What is wrong with my outfit Baekhyun? It covers my whole body though…It was true that it got me uncomfortable but it was pretty on me…My co-worker says that.”

“Also this is the theme for today! I don’t even know if I will have a work to go after I ditch them for you and you find it what?”

He looks away, the truth is she looks so good with all white top and skirt…he just doesn’t want to say it aloud because it sound weird. “What do you want to say Baekhyun?” She even stand up and turned around.

He looks away when his jersey seems so big for her, blubbing that it look pretty on her but Seol pretended that she didn’t hear that and , “What? You said I look pretty?” leaning on his eye level.

“So what now Seol? What it is to you if you look pretty?” He send glares, it took her a minutes to answer him, “Well I knew it!”

He scoffs, “so do you want to tell me what is wrong?” Seol has to stop herself, you never know how teasing can get you at so it is better to be safe.

Baekhyun sighs, “It’s just…I had a bad day and they keep messing the game, I mean it always happens in every game right?”

“You guys only have one day before your league right? Baek, you are the center player, the teamwork should lead by you. Hmm?”

He frowns and turned his back stuffing the blanket allover to himself, Seol stand up “Okay, I will leave you for now, I need to talk to the other members….”

“If you want anything…call me.”

Baekhyun hold her wrist before she goes, “You will come back here right?”

“Of course, who would take care of you beside me? so what is your decision? No more practice for this day?”

He nodded. “Come back here right after the meeting okay?”

“It’s just a meeting, I’ll never go anywhere.”

Arriving at the club, she meet the glare with the manager and as expected he has a lot to scold for her like she should have taken an action before and such she just ignored although its insulted her.

All that is for Baekhyun and he didn’t deserve to hear any of that coming from the manager who should take care of them too. The members is now seated at the bench of their locker room wearing a guilty expression, the manager went over the line.

“I’m so sorry…I should haven’t called you and just continue the game.” Shiyoon said looking down.

Seol tap the table, “it’s okay! You just did the right thing shiyoon, thank you for calling me, now we will handle all of this together. I will help you in any way I can do!”

“But the manager really went overboard this time, this is the first time I heard him say all of that…”

Apparently before she joined the club as their assistant, the misunderstanding while on the game is very common to them and it didn’t go far that the manager has to know because it should not be his business to talk about, of course they are the one who should fix it and Baekhyun who always do that. Everything that happened today is first time for them.

“Anyways! I didn’t really took them by heart! It all sound gibberish to me!” Seol jokingly said and the rest of them laughs, glad that it all settled easily. “Go home safely hmm? Text me and we will have the mock tomorrow! So you better get rest and sleep early!”

As soon as she get on the clinic,  Baekhyun instantly give her another scolding.

“Why are you coming back just now? The meeting took what? Freaking an hour and 30 minutes? What did you even talk about back there? without me?”

Seol tiringly take a seat and glares, “Wow Baekhyun…you talk like you are not sick…you talk a lot.”

Baekhyun put his arms across his chest, “Yes I have a lot of time! So what did you talk back there?”

She shakes her head and walk for him to check his body temperature on his forehead, “You are still warm. Do you want to go at the hospital or go home? What should I do…you need to attend the mock tomorrow…what will I say to your manager…” She was busy looking for excuses but he hold his wrist tugged her beside him. “Baekhyun! What are you doing?! Are you even listening to me?”

Seol is now awkwardly laying on the small bed with him. “What the hell Baekhyun…what is this for?”

He closes his eyes, he put his arms on her waist slowly so that it wouldn’t shock her and put his chin on her shoulder…”Let’s just stay like this for a while…report to me what you talk about for an hour without me in the meeting…”

“If I will, do you promise that you are going to get well soon? And we will go home right after I tell you?”

He nodded, “Wait…I will tell you what we talk back there because it is right for you to know…you don’t need to do all this…” Baekhyun release her, but got hold of her arms and rolled his eyes, “You really talk a lot Seol. Just tell me what it is.”

She turned around and glares, “What it is now Baekhyun?”

“What?”

“Why do you need to do this?”

“What? It is now wrong to get a hug for a body temperature? Why are we even talking about this? Let’s just move on and tell me.”

Seol feels so annoyed just now, “Well…you need to attend the mock tomorrow, whether you don’t like it. I will join you guys so let’s go home.” She stand up and fix their things.

“I will drive you so let’s just go hmm?”

Strangely, the ride to home is so quiet, Seol silently thanks the god that there are no traffic and get them home safely. She really insisted to go home straightly because Baekhyun didn’t help her to get out.

She was wondering outside of their house and saw the convenience store and “oh…I have part time today. Do I even have a time for such thought?”

Thankfully that she is early for her time in,…the worst time of her day has yet to come and she need to watch the practice tomorrow. This shift is an 8 hour one because she took the half day today because of another part time only for taking care of the mess he did and now she needs to finish the 8 hours shift. Good thing her mom understand.

Her shift ended smoothly without the drunkard and all the worst customers you can encounter, she may considered taking the graveyard shift some day. As the thought of her luck only work when it is five am, the rain pours down when she was going home, She only have two hour before the game so she sleeps, wondered that luck was just a wishful thinking.

As Seol wake up feeling slightly worst of headache, looking at her phone nodding that she miss the half time of the game, Alright. There’s nothing she can do but attend the game and receive a lot of scold from the manager later.

Arriving at the hall she silently watch the game in the corner with a lot of energy drink and food for the team came from their manager card. They both knew she was going to get it, she was thankful enough that they managed to get up early and finish the game without any violence that will just make her headache more than ever.

As for Baekhyun…they acted like a stranger as he get the meal from her hand and walk straight away to the locker room, blind by his annoyance he didn’t heard the manager says that he want to talk with their assistant.

Seol left standing alone with the manager, “I don’t care about your personal life Seol. What I need for you is to help me here! How it is so hard to wake up early and call the rest of them to get ready? You must be having a lot of time in your hands huh?”

She can’t comprehends what he just said except for the last sentence because of her ache that it making worse just by his blabbing.

“Sir…I’m so sorry. I will do my best in the future.”  She will try not to touch her head because it can stall a lot of time just for the talk.

“Yes that is how it should be done! That is what you are being paid for! Now go buy their lunch and get it on their club.”

After he left, she just want to cry, but she got no time for that so although she was feeling worst she did all of that long line of the cafeteria and get it on their club, “Oh hi Seol! I will help you carry them!” She didn’t even remember how it was easy for her to deliver the meal, the only thing that matter is that she was grateful for Shiyoon.

“You are so….your body temperature is so hot Seol! Are you okay?” Shiyoon ask as his body get closer when he helps preparing the meal.

“I’m okay…you guys need to eat this lunch and get ready for your afternoon practice hmm? So I can get myself treated in the clinic.”

Shiyoon goes to the fridge and get the ice, “This you can use this and I will get them to eat the lunch. You can stay here. Manager went lunch out.”

“Thank you for this…”

As she was waiting for them, Baekhyun entered the club feeling so agitated. “Why you didn’t tell me that the Manager says a lot of to you Seol?!”

Seol look at him with tired eyes, so he eventually know what happened yesterday.  “What? How it is does matter now Baekhyun? Let’s just eat here.”

“It is matter for me to talk about this! I will win the team for the tournament. And you should let me know that something like that happened to you!"

Seol sighs, she was tired hearing all this shouting to her. She doesn’t deserve any of this. Baekhyun really went out today like the misunderstanding yesterday are nothing, coming to her with this and it is draining all of her will.

“I really don’t know what is wrong with you Baekhyun! I didn’t talk about that because it doesn’t matter! I don’t know why you are so mad over something small! What do you want to talk about?!”

Baekhyun was so shocked to hear that from her with the shout. It was kind of scary to hear but it doesn’t bother him because he cares. “Because you didn’t deserve to hear that Seol! Are you getting my point?”

As he hold both of her arms, that’s when he notice how hot is her body, how she was so fragile and weak, that was the worst he experienced dealing with someone who are sick. Without getting to eat the meal, he rushed her to the clinic.

He will win the tournament and slap the title to their manager for sure.

----

Confused Baekhyun will get you crazy!

To be continued...

----

Thank you for reading this! I will work hard more in the future. ^^