Chapter 12

Un-lucky Romance

Word count: 2000+

I feel sad writing this, so I might as well remind you that angst coming on your way! brace yourselves lol :(((

----

“Just hear me out Seol. I will explain what happened.” Baekhyun says but Seol didn’t even budge and just staring blankly on the space.

It takes a couple of minutes before she answered, “Why do I need to hear from you Baekhyun?” He takes a glance from her and look away. “It looks like I need to do it.”

“I don’t need it.”

He loudly sighs, it is really a burden and it’s bothering him. The fact that Seol is so nonchalant, feels like she didn’t even cares a bit. “Look at me Seol.” He slightly grab her chin to make her look at him, “I’m so sorry about what happened, I didn’t think enough…”

Seol hold his wrist to let go, leaving him a confuse feeling that he didn’t like it.  Baekhyun wasn’t so sure what to say, all he knows that she don’t deserve anything that happened for the past few days. “You think you used me for your own good?”

She let out a bitter chuckle, just to make it less awkward. She give it a lot of thought. Her feelings doesn’t matter because she took it wrong way and she is doing well hiding it. Seeing his expression proved it. That’s why he seems so restless. “I’m disappointed to know that is how it looks like to you…”

Baekhyun now feels worse. He don’t know what to say. “Well…I can’t blame you. After all it is also our fault that we didn’t talk about it. That moment you punch him and all noise, I instantly get it, like “ah, I knew it, It is just impossible for you not to be on a relationship.” I guessed it right and totally understand the situation.”

She can pass as an award-winning actress for saying all that .

“Now, you don’t have to think about what makes you bothered Baekhyun, it doesn’t matter. As for me, I think we did not used each other. What happened between us is such a great help.”

“I’m really sorry.” As he is feeling sorry and the worse out of it all is he don’t know what to say beside that.

“You want to hear a funny story?”

Seol decided to tell about her never-ending unfortunate events, “One time I even get to eat that rotten meal…that Iseul really got me to eat a spoon before she said that to me. I had to spend a day in the infirmary.” She laughs like it was a funny one, Baekhyun just keep listening.

“Those unlucky moments got me so used to it, to the point that I consider it as a part of my daily life…” she laughs, “then I met you… I questioned myself why do I have to meet you where I’m in a worst situation?” She look away, to keep herself together. Since she opened this up to here, might as well finish it.

Even if Baekhyun was feeling worst in the very first place, he also wants to know his story in her life, hoping for a good side story.

Seol sighs, there is no turning back now. “But you see, it leads me to you, we helped each other and that’s what I mean. I even got to watch a hockey match!” suddenly the mood just get lighter, Baekhyun think she let out a beautiful light that glows on her surroundings. She is so happy talking about the game and that she is also a part of the staffs behind the team.

She looks wonderful. Not until she pouted, now she look kind of cute.

“I’m shameless to think that my lucky charm bracelet works and you guys did bring home the trophy.”

“You have work hard too Seol, of course you also have the right to feel happiness…also we talk about how it is such a big help having you around in the game. Your presence made us think that we should just enjoy the match and we fortunately win the game.”

This time she look at him with such a sincere expression, “Thank you. You also have to stop being bothered by me now that you know the story of you. I am really grateful to meet you and the boys. I forgot to tell you that not all those unfortunate story of mine ended bad, some of them made such a great memories to look back.”

He sighs, out of reliefs. It feels like it lifted a lot of bag on his shoulder. Never in his life he had appreciated a confrontation, because sometimes even when he was the one who initiates, the other party is not open minded. So it may look like okay but what he can do about it? It’s not like he can change a person.

But for Seol, it seems so life-changing conversation. He learns a lot. “So we are okay now?” he ask, just to make sure. “Of course! Everything is well!”

“No more avoiding?”

“Why would yoy say that? We are busy right? With the midterm coming up…I’m not avoiding you.”

Baekhyun have undecided thought, but it feels like okay so, “I will contact you to attend our regional game next time! You have to be here hmm?”

Seol just said yes, looks like not so sure, “I will call you so, you have no choice!”

“Okay then, I will wait. Stop it already! Make sure to bring the bacon!”

Baekhyun flick her forehead, “I am right there just so you know!”

Seol laughs when she realized how it is so sound alike, and they bickered on how is she is so slow-witted that he was the one who brought the joke himself. They are getting so fun that they forgot about Shiyoon.

“So did you two have make up already?” He says and take a seat. Baekhyun instantly get sour mood for whatever reason he can’t name.

Shiyoon takes out all of the things that Baekhyun listed him to buy.  “I already brought all of the foods that you want. Include this out-of-season strawberries I had to buy it at a fine fruit shop in the market.” He said that aloud for him to hear, “I mean if you want me to buy a lot of time then you could just sent me home already.”

Seol laughs, it is so obvious that Baekhyun made him to do that so they can have a talk. “I’m really so surprise that you did buy all of this. “

Somehow he is glad that Shiyoon knows where he is standing. He should know where the line is. “Thank you then, we can share that if you are feeling bad.”

The three also shares a two-pack of out-of-season expensive strawberries in the middle of the night and played in the arcade.  

“Let’s go home!” Seol says for the nth time after losing to the two male who also good playing in basketball. The two just laughed at her, unbelievable sight of them because they got a long while playing in the arcade.

“Okay, I will go with you. I’ll walk you home. Let me answer this phone call, it has been calling me since earlier.”

“Why you didn’t answer? It might be an emergency.” Before she can even get a response, Baekhyun already walk out in hurry outside of the arcade.

Seol waits for him while playing the last game with Shiyoon, “I don’t even know why I at this game when I am also tall.” She shook her head.

Shiyoon laughs, he let go of his basketball booth and guide her behind. “Doesn’t mean being tall means you have to be good at the basketball.” He then grab her elbows to make it right to shoot for her ball.

“There, and extend your arms with right force.” Then just like what he said, she shoot the ball, and got a point. “Oh my gosh! Did I really do that?” as she can’t believe it, grabbing the ball and it’s also win another point.

“Ah, this is a piece of cake!” Seol clap her hand on his.

“And I did well right? Now I learned that I am a good coach too.” Shiyoon says while he watch how happy she is playing the game.

Meanwhile Baekhyun got already back after his call. It was his girlfriend’s friend. Like Seol said, it is really an emergency one. He unconsciously bit his lower lip while thinking what to do. He just can’t let Seol to walk alone with him, but he also can’t ditch Sohyun.

He walk towards them with heavy feelings, Seol already senses it. “I am afraid I have to go first. There was emergency.”

“Is that your girlfriend?” Seol ask softly, she doesn’t want to cause any misunderstanding between them anymore, they just recently reconciled and she can’t ruin it. Baekhyun nodded.

“Then you can just go. I’m also going home.”

Baekhyun feeling so devastated to let go, he can’t even move a bit. Shiyoon takes up the situation to assure him. “I will walk with her. I will call you.”

He feels so bad, he just nodded but never expect from him. “Call me when you got home. Upon arriving at your house gate, I will expect you to call me. I will go now.” It looks like he said that to him, but he is looking at Seol.  

He just can’t trust him. That’s all.

They leave the arcade too. Shiyoon take this chance to talk with her, walking on the way home. “Did you also found out about his girlfriend?”

She nodded, “You knew about it?” he shook his head, “no! I did already saw her before, but I don’t know it was his…girlfriend. I remember it back from the bar. I’m sorry that I am telling you just now. I recently found out too.”

As she stop from walk, she pat his head, “Thank you for being honest.” And walk. “Are you okay?”

Seol stop for a brief moment, how did he know? “I mean…you guys have…a quiet relationship. It’s obvious you know.”

“You guys made it obvious that it was a fake relationship…”

She just keep listening, “That’s why Jay said that so he can get the message, but unfortunately…”

“I know…it didn’t end like what you expected…” Seol says and sighs. It make no sense then. Just like what she expected, they look like…used each other for their own purpose in the eyes of the team. “Now, I really don’t have the face to appear before you guys…gosh, we did look like a fool no?”

Shiyoon sadly admitted that, “But I don’t know, that time when he punched him, we recognized that maybe Baekhyun was the one who is a fool. He just can’t say it.”

"Don't take it to the heart, we didn't take it on the bad side. We think that Baekhyun is a coward for not saying anything and still."

 She sighs, “I honestly don’t expect anymore. I’m just staying so that he can have assurance for our friendship too. If he decided to go, he can just walk out of it and I’d understand.”

“Even if it’s really cut off your feelings?”

She laughs, “I think you really don’t know me that well, I considered myself as a queen of no-luck! I have reach this age and I still survive from it. And for sure this is nothing, I wouldn’t die from it.”

Shiyoon just gave her a thumb up. She may not know it, but she just look like strong, independent woman on his eyes. “I will shamelessly considered myself as your friend for the day. Call me anytime if you want to vent or whatever you want to.”

“Oh, it isn’t so obvious? Suit yourself then.”

He just shake his and in no time they have arrived in front of her home, “your house looks so warm.” She nodded. “It’s even warmer inside, I would love to make you a coffee but I’m afraid that you can witnessed me in a war with my mom.”

“And I’m sure you don’t want to see that too. Lmao.” They laughs.

“Do you want to call him?” 

“I will try, go home now. It’s already late.” He nodded, “I’ll call you.”

Before they sleep, they both didn’t get a response from Baekhyun. The morning comes with no call from him too. Like as they expected.   

----

Love, I am the luck you are looking for

To be continued...

----

See you in the next chap!!!