Part 6

Bloodstone [Series]

Your dreams were becoming too heated to remain within and you urged your dream version to remove yourself from within Namjoon’s arms, hoping the return to reality would cool you down.

Instead, when you opened your eyes, you slowly grew alert to the fact that you were still within Namjoon’s arms. Were you still within your dreams?

Looking around as best as you could, given the firm hold the divinity had over your body, you realised that you weren’t in the bed you had laid upon within your slumber. Now you were on the floor, where you had left Namjoon to sleep last night.

Why were you here?

Gently pushing on Namjoon’s shoulder, you stirred the man from his own dream state, his gaze widening as he took in your predicament also. “Oh no.”

“I don’t know how I got down here,” you mumbled as you both sat up, embarrassed energy filling the room.

“I might have pulled you to me if my dreams were anything to go by.”

You braved a look in his direction. “You were dreaming of me as well?”

“Explicitly.”

“Would you perhaps like a glass of water to cool down with?” you offered and Namjoon nodded, getting to his feet. He held out his hand to help you up and you took it, the sensation of the dreams rushing forward stunning you both to the spot. After the moment passed, you separated hastily, both marching down to the living room, away from any remaining desires that had enveloped your bedroom overnight.
Still, even after gulping down your water, and Namjoon going back for a second glass, the awkwardness remained.

“It’s not as if either of us actually wanted that to happen,” you attempted and Namjoon nodded vigorously.

“Right, it’s just a dream.”

“Yep, just a dream.”

And yet it the heady thoughts remained above you both. Deciding a break from your apartment was needed sooner than you planned, you gestured for Namjoon to change so you could go grocery shopping. You figured you could have breakfast out as well, giving in to your need to escape further.

Once dressed, you met Namjoon in the small hallway by your front door. “Ready?”

“I’m not sure,” he admitted with a nervous smile and you instinctively reached out for his hand and gave it a squeeze. You both watched the action you had made, your cheeks colouring crimson at the fact that you didn’t want to let go.

Holding up your linked hands, Namjoon shrugged. “Maybe we just need to get used to this?”

“I guess so,” you murmured, reaching for your keys on the stand by the door before opening it. “Shall we go now?”

You hoped the flutters in your stomach would settle by the time you reached the ground floor. However, they followed you consistently. You ate at a nearby coffee house, the bustle and the smells delighting Namjoon to the point that you didn’t want him to stop smiling.

You were falling in deep already, much like his cheeks keep dipping further and creating his dimples.

By the time you got to the grocery store, you had almost forgotten that Namjoon had only been in your world for two days now.

Pulling out a trolley, you gestured for him to take it. “What is this?”

“Where we’re going to put our supplies.”

“And this is what you call a market?” he continued, looking around himself in wonderment. “Ours is nothing like this.”

“I’m sure the Farmer’s Market would resemble something more to your liking,” you suggested with a smile. “Maybe we can go this weekend.”

“I would love to.”

Smiling at one another momentarily, you then pulled out the list you had made over breakfast on your phone, heading over to the display of oranges and placing some into your reusable bag. Now reaching for some bananas, Namjoon stepped out from behind the trolley and pointed to the sign. “Is this displaying the currency?”

You nodded. “This is a good deal today. Do you like bananas?”

“I like most fruits,” he agreed, moving along to the row of apples and looking at the price tags. Namjoon pointed to a specific type. “These are the best value.”

“That didn’t take you long to figure out,” you answered, coming over to his side. “I’m impressed.”

“It’s not hard to compare the prices, Y/N.”

“I’m not very efficient when shopping. I just grab what I like.”

“What about conserving your funds for the future?”

“I guess I live more in the moment,” you admitted with flushed cheeks and Namjoon nodded.

“Perhaps I can help you with our purchases today,” he stated and you grinned.

“So long as you don’t try to stop me from buying cookies then I’m willing to try!”


 

You seemed to be having fun alongside Namjoon as you did the groceries. He bargained with you multiple times and you continued to point out all your favourite foods for him to try. He could tell when you struggled to fit all your groceries into the bags you had carried out of the house that you had purchased more than you usually did.

But your bright smile only made him giddy with happiness as he reached to take the box of what you had referred to as cereal from your bag and slipped it into his.

Your smile grew further and almost blinded him. “Thank you! Normally I don’t have so many sets of hands!”

“Nor as much food, I’m guessing.”

“There’s the two of us now and this will easily last us an entire week.”

Namjoon tried to settle the way his chest surged with the way you had accepted his presence in your world. It wasn’t the first time you had referred to you both as now a pair, and he chose not to be troubled by your wording right now. He was already over-stimulated by the sights and the people here, his mind working hard to understand and to try and control the urge to explore more and more of this metropolitan. He couldn’t also stop his heart hurtling along with new feelings despite the rational thoughts at the back of his mind right now.

He would deal with the consequences later.


 

However, later didn’t come. Several days went by and Namjoon was growing accustomed to your routine. You would wake precisely when the beeping noise that you called an alarm went off at seven, eat breakfast together and then you would sit in front of your computer and go to work. He still didn’t understand what your job entailed, but you tapped a lot at the keys and seemed productive enough that he left you to it. You would appear at multiple times during the day, for coffee – which he had decided after trying was definitely a human, not a divinity brew – or to stretch from sitting for so long.

And each time you would come over to where he was and mindlessly reach out for him. Namjoon was expectant of this now, and if you didn’t reach out for his hand, he’d make sure his found yours, the mutual smile shared warming both your souls.

At night, you spent it curled up on the couch together and since the first couple of times waking up within each other’s arms, he no longer took to the floor, slipping under the sheets beside you when the lights were turned out.

This routine suited Namjoon just fine.

He sighed contently when you rolled over and into his side, nuzzling him in your sleep. Unlike you, he was awake as the sun rose, a habit he had from since he was young. It was these times where he soaked in little details about you, finding himself pushing those niggling thoughts further into the back of his mind.

Later. He wanted to deal with them all later.

As he found himself gently your hair back from your face, he held his breath at the desire mounting. The dreams didn’t end, if anything, they only intensified. He breathed you in during the day and you remained embedded throughout the night, constantly dizzying him. Perhaps that was why clarity had little place within the muddiness of his growing feelings. He didn’t know who liked you more, his own heart or the stone, and frankly, he had no drive to figure out either way.

Namjoon simply wanted later to never come.

Leaning in closer, he bit his bottom lip, trying to keep them to himself. He hadn’t yet kissed you outside of the world in his dreams but each day that went by was making it harder not to try. He wanted just a little taste, searching for confirmation that it was just as heavenly as it was projected each night.

He was close enough to do it now, too close. His breath fanning over your face in short releases, he wondered if you would even wake up if he were to simply brush his mouth against yours. The temptation steadily rose, bubbling to the surface with need.

And before he could kiss you, it was you who leaned in and closed the gap. The surprise he felt was washed away by overwhelming passion. The soft peck he had envisioned ended with you pushing into him with demand, a groan leaving him as his hands encircled your waist and drew you closer.

It was magnetic, as if your lips were only made for his and couldn’t tear away quickly enough. The kiss deepened, sending his vision behind his closed eyes into a bright white dimension with stars lighting up the new galaxy you shared. This was more than a taste. He was drowning within you. And he didn’t want it to stop.

You managed what he thought to be impossible and separated your mouth just far enough from his to let out a breathy chuckle. He grinned up at you, laughing at finding you on top of him, much as he often did within his dreams. You seemed to think the same, nodding a little as you caressed his chest through his shirt. “That was some wake-up call.”

“Your alarm hasn’t gone off yet.”

“Maybe I prefer this one.”

“I don’t beep like that does.”

You grinned wickedly. “No, you moan.”

“Should we start the day early?”

“I think I need to test that this alarm won’t malfunction with another kiss.”

Namjoon drew you in closer. “I think if we keep this up, there will be no turning back for either of us.”

“Was there ever going to be?”

As you kissed him again passionately, Namjoon thought back to the juvenile statement you both shared about not being in love on his first day here. He had been certain he wouldn’t fall for the charms of the stone.

Namjoon had fallen for yours instead.