Part 4

Bloodstone [Series]

Yoongi pulled you aside with a heightened chuckle. “The hell is going on, Y/N?! You’re not just going to accept that this is all from the stone right?”

“Did you not see the glow upon his chest?”

“Yes but that could be multiple things. We don’t know anything about him. He’s spoken nonsense to you so far. Scams these days are getting more cunning, you know.”

“Out of all the people I know, I had pegged you as the guy who was the most open-minded.”

“I read comics written by people’s imagination, not moulded from historical events and far away places that exist outside of our knowledge.”

“Maybe it does exist.”

Yoongi cursed for the second time and ran a hand through his hair. “You’re crazy for being this calm.”

“Call me an idiot but I know that stone in his chest is the one I had within the ring.”

“It’s bigger than it was.”

“Maybe it changes shape out of the ring?” you offered and Yoongi laughed exasperatedly.

“Next thing we’ll be treating him like Ironman who can’t have it extracted or he’ll die.”

“I hope that’s not the case,” you replied solemnly, sighing as you looked back at Namjoon watching the world outside. “I think he’s genuine.”

“What are you expecting me to do then? I don’t even understand a single word he’s saying and yet you’re speaking normally and he’s grasping it well.”

“I think it’s because of the book,” you murmured, leading Yoongi into the study and picking up the text you had left behind earlier. Flipping to the page on the stone, you then held it up for your best friend to see. “At first it was all gibberish to me too, and then it flipped to this page and I could read it all.”

“This looks legit,” Yoongi breathed, taking the book from your grasp. He barely tore his eyes away from it to acknowledge your presence after several minutes of soaking it in. “Where did you get such a book?”

“From my Mum before she got ill.”

“Huh.”

You lost Yoongi to his examination of the page, knowing full well he would now spend some time looking it over.

Going back out to Namjoon, you smiled gently upon joining his side. “Yoongi’s just looking at the book.”

“He won’t be able to understand it. That isn’t a human book.”

“I could though, and I’m human.”

“Are you?”

“Well I’m certainly not from a country far away like you are,” you pointed out and Namjoon grinned slowly.

“Do you think I’ll be able to return to my home?”

“I’d like to hope so. You must feel lost here.”

“It’s interesting too. I have so many questions over what you house in this magical home of yours.”

You laughed then. “Magic? This is just a normal human’s apartment.”

“That houses a lot of ancient otherworldly texts,” Namjoon added on, his brows furrowing together. “Were you born into magic?”

“No, but my Grandmother was.”

“And that of your mother?”

“I believe she possessed some knowledge but I never really knew much about her, to be fair.”

“Why not?”

Moving over to your couch, you sat down with a sad smile. “She never really said much. I just felt she was shy all the time. I could feel her love for me and I never went without, but we just didn’t talk enough.”

“Sounds like my father. He would only speak to me when to warn me of trouble.”

“He seemed to care a lot about you from what I saw earlier.”

“In his own way, I suppose. His heart always felt cold, however.”

“Cold,” you repeated in thought, wondering why that triggered something in your mind. You thought back to the page on the ring. “Does everyone know of the bloodstone where you come from?”

“Only my father told me of it. He seemed frightened of it a great deal.”

“Do you think perhaps he saw it before you had?”

“What do you mean?” Namjoon wondered, and before you could propose your question, Yoongi appeared in the room, holding up another book.

“You seriously need to read this,” he mentioned and you took a look at the journal he handed you, glancing at Namjoon before you turned to the first page.


 

It was a strange cursive on the page at first when Namjoon peered over your shoulder. He couldn’t understand what you were reading so fervently and Namjoon wondered what Yoongi had said to garner all your attention like this.

Touching the side of the book, Namjoon pouted with his frustration of this land. He didn’t like not knowing anything about your world. He could be enamoured by all your fantastical trinkets but it still didn’t answer anything substantial about this situation the stone had travelled him to.

Namjoon was still none the wiser of why he was chosen by you for the bloodstone either. The book hadn’t explained that process to him upon reading it and he certainly hadn’t proclaimed a desire before seeing the stone to meet it.

Your question about his father returned to the forefront of his thoughts. He definitely seemed to know about its powers. Had there been a time where the stone had seduced him as well? Could his father, who hated humans openly, have travelled here before him?

Feeling his chest and pressing his fingertips into the lodged stone within it, he groaned. “I just wish to understand more.”

“Here,” you said softly, taking his hand with yours and pressed it to the book. “Does that help any?”

The words began to change before his eyes, familiar of characters now apparent on the page. Namjoon looked at you incredulously. “How did you do that?”

“I don’t know. I just felt the urge to do something to help you.”

Now reading the diary entry, Namjoon took in the summary of events. The ring had lost its stone and the narrator of this piece was surprised to find a man within her home the next morning when she woke, claiming he was of a different place. The stone had embedded within the man’s hand this time, and as he read on, Namjoon mindlessly rubbed at his clothed chest.

He felt an ache for the man who had been in this position before him.

“I asked of his name and he said it to be Namwoo,” you read out loud, turning to stare at him intently. You could already see the astonishment upon his face. “Namjoon, is that your father’s name?”

“Y-yes.”

“This was dated from over three hundred years ago,” you murmured, looking to Yoongi and then back at Namjoon.

“Before I was born.”

Yoongi, despite not understanding what was being said, produced the page about the ring again. He tapped at the second part and you read it out so he could understand. You paused when you reached the part about a lost love and what it could do to the heart of the divinity.

Taking the journal from your hands, Namjoon flipped through to the last entry, his throat growing dry the longer he read.

His love was too passionate for a mere human such as myself to handle. The stone amplified Namwoo’s feelings to the point they suffocated me. I needed to break free. Despite the trials we had undergone together, I turned a blind eye to that love.

A mere mortal loving an entity should be a sin. My heart was unable to handle his affections and he disappeared from this world.

The ring appeared whole again.

“She broke the Triax,” Namjoon murmured, feeling a sense of grief for his younger father.

“Yoongi found the journal tucked in the book. I don’t know who Eliza is, but I am only guessing this has been passed down through the generations. I’m so sorry.”

“The ring claims it brings forth love, and yet this stone feels as if it causes sorrow. Does this mean that I too will face such a harsh conclusion?”

“We’re not the same as Eliza and Namwoo,” you mentioned, staring at the indent of where the ring must have once sat upon your finger. “For one, we’re not in love.”

“You’re right,” Namjoon pointed out; though this didn’t ease his mind any. He looked at you and then back at the information before him.

Turning back to Yoongi watching on quietly, Namjoon grew hopeful. “He seems to know where to find the next clue already, doesn’t he?”

“Yoongi, do you know what we should look at next?” you asked and the man sighed, disappearing from the room, only to return struggling to carry a stack of books.

Namjoon got up to assist him, his fingers grazing over the other man’s hand in the process.

Much as he had experienced before, Namjoon saw images of his past. Yoongi was always staring at you, and now as adults, Namjoon could sense just how that gaze had changed.

Someone was already in love with you.