O for Overprotective

How to Know a Tsundere Loves You: A-Z
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

O for overprotective, because Irene always watched over her and made sure she was okay long before they got together. 
 

Laugher and whoops broke all around the room as the club president announced it was time to start drinking. The university's volunteer club was in a inn three hours away from the university for a two day one night trip to the beach to welcome all the new members and help the club bond together. 
 

"Isn't this fun, Wendy-si?" Jae asked from where he sat next to her. Jae Kim, the club's Vice President, was a handsome and friendly senior who had befriended Wendy in the introductory meeting at the club when Wendy came late and wasn't able to get a seat by Seulgi and her older friend, which is how she ended up sitting next to and getting to know Jae.
 

Speaking of those two, Wendy glanced over to where Seulgi and Irene were sitting, surrounded by other people from the club, a mix of friends between the two as they were both in the club longer than Wendy; both having joined their freshman year while Wendy had only just joined this year as a sophomore since she needed a extracurricular activity and thought she couldn't go wrong with a volunteer club that Seulgi was also a part of. 
 

"Yeah it definitely is," Wendy answered Jae with a weak smile as she settled in her seat, knowing from past experiences that she was in for a lot of drinking games since college students loved to get drunk.
 

To be honest, Wendy didn't particularly like drinking as she wasn't very good at it and always ended up drunk way quicker than everyone else. However, most times she bowed down to peer pressure as she was currently a underclassmen and couldn't refuse the shots and drinks the older members poured for her without appearing rude. She just hoped that tonight she won't get drunk enough to do anything embarrassing infront of all these new people, especially Irene, Seulgi's childhood best friend. 
 

Speaking of her, as Wendy glanced at them again, she noticed that Irene was staring at her with an unreadable look on her face, which made her feel a weird sort of ache in her chest.
 

Okay, so she was going to to be honest. She totally had a crush on her best friend's childhood best friend, and she felt like the absolute worst person for that because it was obvious to anyone with eyes that the two were meant for each other, that they were the picture perfect childhood friends that grew up to be the perfect fairytale couple. It was obvious in the way that the older girl seemed to break out of her usually cold attitude to laugh and joke with the younger, waiting for her after her classes and always being the one in the seat next to her. 
 

But Wendy was captured that first moment that she saw the older girl waiting outside their English 101 class, leaning aganist the wall and directing a small yet bright smile when she saw Seulgi. Her raven hair, those doe-colored eyes, her fair skin, Wendy found herself looking for them every time she walked out of a class she shared with Seulgi, wanting to catch a glimpse of the older girl. And once she finally talked to her for the first time? She fell in love and got her heartbroken all in one meeting.

 

"Wendy, are you doing anything after class?" Seulgi asked as the two packed up their books and pencils after finishing their lecture.

 

"Right now?" Wendy thought of her schedule before smiling at Seulgi, "Nope, this is my last class for the day. What about you?" 
 

"I'm going to have lunch with Irene unnie, want to come? You mentioned that you skipped breakfast, you must be starving be now!"

 

"Oh, with your best friend," Wendy felt a little flutter in her chest, "Um, are you sure? I wouldn't want to intrude..."

 

"Intrude? What are you talking about? I've been talking about the two of you to each other for months now. I think it's time you two finally met so that I can hang out with my favorite two people at the same time!" Seulgi said excitedly as she linked their arms together and started pulling Wendy towards the door, "Come on!!" 
 

Wendy looked up as the two stepped out of the lecture room and was in direct sight of Irene's face lighting up in joy at seeing them, or actually, at seeing Seulgi, as the smile on Irene's face dimmed and was replaced with confusion as she saw their intertwined arms.

 

"Unnie, this is my friend Son Seungwan and she's joining us today, but you can call her Wendy, right Wan?" Seulgi excitedly said as the two of them reached the older girl, a smile beaming on her face at getting the two to meet.

 

"Oh, uh y-yes of course. It's nice to meet you Irene-si." Wendy said, a blush tinting her cheeks as she politely bowed to the older girl. Her heart was hammering in her chest at being so close to the beautiful older girl. 
 

Irene didn't respond, only nodding her head in response to her bow before turning to Seulgi, listening on as the younger girl chattered on and on about the cafe that they're going to eat at today and just how delicious the food is.
 

Actually, that's how the whole time Wendy was with them went, with Irene staying silent and not engaging in conversation except for nods or short answers to the questions the younger two asked her. It was obvious that Irene wasn't totally comfortable sitting here with the two same aged friends but she did her best to be polite for Seulgi's sake. She paid for all three of them and smiled warmly at Seulgi whenever the younger girl shared a story or something she wanted to say. 
 

However, to Wendy it was obvious that she had no place in this relationship, and when she left the two at the end of lunch she had made up her mind to never try to intrude on the two of them.
 

She also promised herself that she would no longer seek out glances of the older girl as it would only do her harm to be infatuated with the girl who's going to become the girlfriend of her soon to be best friend. Her and Seulgi were growing closer and closer and she was a firm believer that friendships were more important than silly crushes, which is why she wasn't going to let a silly crush on Irene miss up her important friendship with Seulgi.

 

"ndy-si? Wendy-si you okay?"

 

Wendy broke out of her thoughts and staring at Irene as Jae  waved his hand in front of her face. "Oh sorry, you were saying?" She said with a embarrassed laugh, reaching her hand to rub the back of neck and feeling how hot her skin already was from the drinks she consumed during dinner.

 

"I was asking if you're going to participate in the game?" He flashed a flirty smile at her, "I need a partner and was hoping you'd be mine."

 

"O-oh..." Wendy stuttered, surprised at how brazen the senior was being, "Uh, sure, why not, right?" She said with a laugh. 
 

"Grea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter