E for Earnest

How to Know a Tsundere Loves You: A-Z
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

E for earnest because Irene was always serious when it came to subjects that involved Wendy.

 

Wendy groaned as she finally tore her eyes away from the TV screen that now showed the ending credits. It was a long and complicated movie that required one to pay apt attention , one who the girls wouldn't have usually chosen to watch. But as it stood, it was a genre that Irene loved, with all its theories and mystery, so Wendy had suggested the movie and Seulgi, Joy, and Yeri has been quick to agree, leaving Irene groaning at them in annoyance.

 

"Stop it, we don't have to watch this just because of me." Irene said, the annoyance not masking the exhaustion layered underneath. 
 

"Unnie, it's okay. We haven't given you a chance to pick out the movie in months, so it's only fair that we watch your favourite tonight." Yeri answered her, Joy nodding along enthusiastically, both the words and actions very uncharacteristic of the two devil spawns who usually fought to pick out the movies.
 

Irene snorted at them, "Right, because this has nothing to do with you feeling pity for me after my breakup."

 

Eveyone winced at Irene calling them out on their actions so blatantly, though Wendy mused they should've expected it with how straight forward the raven haired women usually is.

 

"Joonyunnie, we're not pitying you. We're just making sure that you're okay." Seulgi tried to placate her, but that seemed to only make Irene angry, or angrier than she had been the past few weeks since her breakup with that hotshot lawyer that her family introduced her to.
 

The younger girls were informed by Seulgi how he had broken up with Irene because she didn't pay enough attention to him. The older woman thought that to be ridiculous as the two of them had gone on their obligatory dinner date every week of the two months they were dating, which she thought was enough. He, however, wasn't satisfied and had broken up with Irene on Valentine's Day after she refused his offer to go on a weekend trip to celebrate the day. Since then, she had been working everyday til midnight and only speaking a few words to anyone interacting with her.

 

The rest of the girls decided to state an intervention after Irene missed the third Friday hangout in a row, deciding instead to ambush her at her own apartment. 
 

As Irene opened to no doubtly tell them off and kick them out of the apartment, Wendy scooped up some of the Tiramisu she brought from the bakery and stuffed it into Irene's mouth.

 

"Som Seumum ame yhu crahy," Irene's scolding ineffective with full of dessert.

 

"What was that unnie? You want us to start the movie? Why of course. Yerim start the movie, Joy quick, turn off the lights." Wendy ordered as she pressed closer to Seulgi on the sofa to get out of reach of Irene who was sitting on the arm chair. 
 

That was three hours and a whole tiramisu cake ago, and now as Wendy looked around while stretching the cricks out of her neck, she realized that most of everyone had fallen asleep. Seulgi was passed out on the corner of the sofa, hugging a pillow to her chest as she lightly snored over the end credit music. Joy and Yeri were leaning against each in their sleep on the loveseat, the light from the TV shining on their faces and making them appear as though they are young college students. 
 

Irene, however, was awake, her eyes staring unfocused on the screen as her mind wandered miles away. 
 

"Unnie," Wendy gently called, gaining the older's attention as she stood up quietly. "Here, give me your plate. I'll put them in the dishwasher." She asked as she collected the other girls' plates then turned towards Irene.

 

"Oh, you don't have to do that, Wendy." Irene replied as she stood up as well, but Wendy only shook her head with a small smile as she grabbed her plate as well and then turned to the kitchen. Irene mindlessly followed her, watching as she ran the plates under water then started putting them in the dishwasher. 
 

"Thank you for the Tiramisu, it was lovely. The movie too, I know you don't like this genre but you watched it anyways." Irene said as she sat on the stool on the other side of the counter. 
 

"I don't mind it, actually. It might be a bit of a drag to get through, but I appreciate why you enjoy them." The younger woman sent a soft smile her way, and Irene's lips turned up into a small smile of her own subconsciously before tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter