x. endless curiosity towards you

One Step, Two Steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Trust yourself. Let self-awareness be your science. Let self-discovery be your research. Let your intuition be your expert. Let your endless curiosity be your teacher. And, above all, find out what makes you smile. That is the most important study you can ever undertake.”

 

Vironika Tugaleva

 

 

Much to everyone’s pleasure and delight, the director of Everlasting Friends Publishing Inc. named Park Jungsu or whom they referred to as Director Park, freed their afternoon work due to a whole month of great work. Both Donghae and Yunho alongside two other head supervisors, Lee Taeyong and Kim Junmyeon, were praised nonstop and all their supervisees were also commended and were promised a salary raise for the month. Tens of thousands of books were sold and the contents were all featured in the national news.

 

It was already 12 in the afternoon which meant that work was finally done for that particular day and so Hyukjae started to fix his things. After that, he went straight to the others' cubicles to ask them what they will do for the remaining time of the day. He was too excited to even think of wasting his time going back home so might as well bother the others. First, he went to see Henry. He saw the younger on his phone, most probably engaged in playing a mobile game.

 

“What’s up, Henry? Any plans for later?” Hyukjae asked as he took a seat on the mono block chair right across Henry’s swivel chair. The mystery novelist briefly looked at him before focusing his attention back on to his phone.

 

“I heard Sungmin hyung and Zhoumi hyung are going to the mall with Satan. Should we go with them?” Henry inquired, not taking his eyes off of the mobile device. Kyuhyun took that time to enter the youngest’s workspace with his black backpack slung on his right shoulder.

 

“What do you say, Kyu hyung?” Henry then diverted his gaze to the newcomer and Kyuhyun let out a small smile.

 

“Sure, why not? I have nothing to do for the rest of the day anyway.”

 

“Wait a minute, guys! So, we are basically going with Sungmin and his friends to the mall?” Hyukjae asked and the other two nodded at him with Henry letting out a sarcastic ‘duh’, which was totally uncalled for.

 

“We’re not even invited,” the romance novelist stated with a straight face. Henry just shrugged while Kyuhyun seemed to agree with him for a millisecond but Henry had his ways of persuading people.

 

“Then we’re just going to tail after them. It’s not like they own the mall or something, right? If we ever get caught, just say we didn’t know they were there as well.”

 

It was then that Hyukjae realized that nothing could really change Henry’s mind. Henry was the type of person that once he set his mind on something, he would surely let it happen by hook or by crook. It was not a surprise to him nor to Kyuhyun the fact that Henry may or may not have grown a strong liking towards Zhoumi. What else could they do, right? The kid’s already walking down the path of love.

 

“Fine. We’re stalking them or whatever. Now get your up and let’s go. We don’t want to miss where they’re going, right?” Hyukjae said in a teasing manner. If you ask him why he supported Henry’s ridiculous and very high school-like idea, then he would not be able to answer properly. He, himself, did not know what’s up with him either.

 

 

“Which one’s better, Hae Hae?”

 

Donghae looked up from scrolling through dozens of emails on his phone with a sigh. Zhoumi and Sungmin forcefully dragged him to the mall. Take note of the word “forcefully”! Donghae was just not that fond of going to places where he knew lots of people would be present, mall included. He would rather snuggle on his warm, fluffy Finding Nemo blanket with a glass of iced coffee on his bedside table while he was finishing some work.

 

Damn! That sounds really tempting, Donghae. He thought, quite forgetting that Zhoumi was asking him something. If it wasn’t for his friend, he would continue daydreaming about his dream and ideal afternoon break.

 

He raised an eyebrow at what Zhoumi was showing him: two identical red neckties. “Mimi, are you aware that those neckties are practically the same, right?” Donghae uninterestedly asked and Zhoumi let out a loud gasp earning few stares from the people inside the shop.

 

“OMG! You did not just say that, Lee Donghae!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter