xvi. dreamlike moments with you

One Step, Two Steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Life, he realize, was much like a song. In the beginning there is mystery, in the end there is confirmation, but it’s in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile.”

 

Nicholas Sparks

 

 

It was their final day at the resort and both Hyukjae and Donghae just fully enjoyed the company of each other. They decided to get to know each other better, beyond the Lee Donghae and the Lee Hyukjae they usually see at the office. They learned so many things that were way past their expectations and first impressions.

 

Hyukjae learned that the younger never sleeps with the lights open, that he loves avocado as much as Hyukjae declared a vendetta against the food, and that he would rather spend his Saturdays just enjoying the cold breeze in the cemetery. The older promised that from that day onwards, he would accompany the younger to the cemetery every Saturday, whether Donghae likes it or not.

 

On the other hand, Donghae learned that the older is a baby trapped in a lanky but muscular body of an adult. He also learned that he loves delivery food, working out, and dancing more than anything in the world. He also remembered blushing when Hyukjae reassured him that he had grown to love Donghae more than those three things and that he should not get jealous or something. As if. Donghae remarked.

 

Another thing that they could not forget was the time they admitted to the group about their current relationship that went beyond supervisor-supervisee. They did not expect everyone would accept them in an instant. Hyukjae initially thought Henry would freely express his disapproval as the latter was not really a fan of Donghae, but he thought wrong. In fact, Henry was the most excited alongside Zhoumi who squealed like a whale. Sungmin and Kyuhyun expressed their congratulations in a more normal manner.

 

However, the fun did not end there.

 

 

Donghae and Hyukjae gathered everyone at the dining hall to finally announce their blooming relationship, much to everyone’s delight. They synchronically released the breaths they did not realize they were holding as their four friends expressed their happiness in ways more than one—and in ways more than normal. Henry and Zhoumi danced and jumped like retards while screaming and squealing, whereas Kyuhyun and Sungmin clapped their hands enthusiastically.

 

After the two retards namely Henry and Zhoumi returned to their seats, Zhoumi raised his eyebrow at Hyukjae but the smile was still there, still evident and warmer than ever.

 

“I am truly happy for the both of you but I swear to the forbidden cheeks of Henry Lau, if you as much think of hurting Hae, I would not hesitate to castrate your dignity and feed it to your own dog.”

 

The couple just smiled at their tallest friend’s words. Although Zhoumi’s threat appeared as that for comedy, they could decipher the underlying seriousness hidden behind them.

 

“Don’t worry! I will give all of you permission to kill me if I hurt Donghae,” Hyukjae said as he placed a soft kiss on the shorter’s hand. They all chuckled as their usual cold and cruel supervisor blushed in a beautiful shade of pink that would put the blooming cherry blossom trees to shame.

 

“Any other announcements, everyone? ‘Cause I’m pretty sure a stale bomb’s yet to explode,” Henry faked a cough, directing sneaky glances towards Sungmin and Kyuhyun. The shorter of the two elbowed the other.

 

“Uhmm...yeah that’s right! Since we are already in this topic, I am dating Sungmin,” Kyuhyun announced as he tried his hardest to hide behind the older yet obviously much shorter guy.

 

“COURTING! Kyuhyun’s courting me, not dating!” The graphic artist corrected, eliciting laughs from the entire table. They heard a muffled “It’s all the same” coming from the sci-fi novelist but they decided to ignore it as Henry and Hyukjae fist bumped.

 

“ing finally!” The latter two exclaimed. They heard whispers from the other diners in the restaurant probably talking about how loud those six men were. But of course! They did not bother to care as that night was undoubtedly one of the best night for all of them.

 

“Min hyung, it’s pretty frustrating and exhausting having to witness you and gamer boy pining over each other for the past months,” Henry pointed out.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter