xx. rewrite our story from two to three

One Step, Two Steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book. That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!”

 

C. Joybell C.

 

 

Five years later...

 

And just like that, five years had gone by in the blink of an eye. Lots of things had changed. Countless events had took place. People come and go. Feelings went away, some remained just the same.

 

However, for Hyukjae, it was all of that and more. 

 

“PAPA, CAN YOU STOP STARING AT THAT PICTURE SO WE CAN NOW GO?”

 

Hyukjae was brought back to reality when he heard a loud shout coming from his back. Just as he turned around, he gently bumped into a small child with a height just slightly above his waist. He chuckled as he lifted the child before giving him a kiss on his plump cheeks.

 

Most of the people around him told him that his son looked so much like him. It was like this cute little kid in his arms mirrored his childhood photos, but 90% of those people argued that his son was much more handsome than he was. He really can’t argue to that.

 

Hyukjae looked at the sparkling brown eyes of the child, “What did I tell you about shouting inside the house, baby? And did you run away from Nana Mira again?” He tried to put on a stern look but failed miserably as his son pouted.

 

“Don’t use that look on me, Lee Jeongin. You know that won’t work on Papa.”

 

Okay! Obviously that was a lie. First, Hyukjae was a major er for his son. He was totally smitten by him and just one word from Jeongin and he would come running to him like a madman. Jeongin wanted toys? He is willing to buy the whole store for him. Jeongin wanted new clothes? He would immediately buy a new closet just for him. Jeongin did not want to sleep early? He would distract his partner just so the kid can play. But what made Hyukjae love his son more was the fact that Jeongin was the best son and he could not ask for more.

 

Jeongin is far from being a spoiled brat. Well, the kid is only four years old but Hyukjae already knew he would grow into an amazing and admirable person. He loves to share his things with his friends. He is courteous and truly lovable especially in the eyes of his Papa and Mama.

 

“Papa, can we go now? Nana Mira said that Innie is already ready to go.”

 

One more thing about his son that Hyukjae loved is that he is born with a natural aegyo. Jeongin hates being called cute but he is the exact definition of that word.

 

He kissed Jeongin’s forehead as he put him down on the couch. “Alright. We will now go. Your Mama is waiting for us since earlier and I don’t want to deal with your Mama’s PMS again.”

 

Just then, Jeongin’s eyebrows creased as if he remembered something. “Papa, what is a PMS again? I heard Nana Mira saying that Mama has a PMS always.”

 

Hyukjae stifled a laugh, ruffling Jeongin’s jet black hair. “You really should stop listening to Nana Mira. She’s teaching my little Innie many bad words. Don’t let your Mama hear you, little guy, okay? We’re both dead meats if that ever happen. Let’s go?”

 

Jeongin nodded, reaching for Hyukjae’s hands. “We will go to the cetemary again, Papa?”

 

Hyukjae smiled, nodding his head. “It’s a cemetery, baby and yes, we are going there. But first, we have to pick up your Mama from the hospital.”

 

 

The ride to the hospital took only ten minutes and Hyukjae found himself walking in familiar corridors with Jeongin’s hands tightly gripping his own. He can’t really blame his son because just like most of the kids his age, Jeongin is afraid of hospitals.

 

“Is Mama working here?”

 

He heard Jeongin asked in a soft voice as they passed by the nurse station. Nurses, doctors, interns, and even some patients greeted the father and son duo. Hyukjae internally chuckled as he realized that Jeongin’s mother really became the hospital’s fairy. Truly a person whom everyone loves and adores.

 

“Well, you could say that. Go to your Mama first. Papa will just ask something to Doctor Wonwon.”

 

“Okay!” And Hyukjae let his eyes follow the bouncing figure of Jeongin as the little kid entered the first office on the right.

 

 

After exchanging greetings and pleasantries with the doctor in charge slash his friend, Hyukjae entered the office and was immediately met by a soft pillow straight to his face. Jeongin’s playful laughter followed the soft thud of the pillow hitting the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter