E I G H T

Expensive Taste

After they had finished lunch, Jimin’s mother told her son to give Taehyung a complete tour of their manor. Mrs. Park also proudly showed off her collection of paintings when she learned that Taehyung is an Art Professor and an artist himself, as well as her precious rose garden in which they had put up as a commemoration of some sort. With the tour finally over, Jimin suggested that they head to his room to rest for a bit. Taehyung almost immediately agreed as the manor tour exhausted him and he could use a soft warm bed to lay on for a few minutes. His back is aching, okay?

“Tea?” Jimin asked as soon as they plopped beside each other on the latter’s bed

“No, thank you,” Taehyung answered and rolled on his side, cuddling the kumamon plushie that he found.

“Good. I’ve been drinking tea for the past few months. I can’t take it anymore.” Jimin dramatically said and covers his eyes with his right arm.

They lay comfortable on the soft mattress with eyes closed. The only thing that can be heard is the distant chattering downstairs and an occasionally screeching of the twins, probably chasing each other somewhere in the house. The peace was interrupted by the blaring of Taehyung’s phone.

“what in the name of perry the platypus is that ringtone?” Jimin asked without removing the arm covering his eyes.

Taehyung doesn’t need to check the caller ID as he knew from the ringtone who’s calling him and can’t help but laugh a little with Jimin’s annoyance. The ringtone is actually the sound of an autotuned crying of a child.

“Hey,” Taehyung answered with a smile

“Hey yourself, gorgeous. How’s the catching up with Jimin Hyung going?” Jeongguk said on the other line causing Taehyung’s smile to widen with the pet name.

“Having fun laying on his queen-sized bed actually. What are you up to?”

“I’m sitting in Hoseok hyung’s office chair staring at him in his underwear.”

“Uh, what-?”

Jeongguk laughed. “I’m over at Hoseok hyung’s office, he’s supposed to show me the new device they’ve been working on but his tuxes just came in, and we’re having the tailor make some final adjustments.”

“But why in his office, though?” Taehyung wondered; head tilted on the side

“I don’t know either. Hey, I completely forgot to tell you, but my grandmother prepared a family dinner tonight. I know you’re still jet-lagged, but do you think you might be up for it?”

“Oh,” Taehyung breathed out

“It’s fine if—”

“No, No, No, I’m good. What time do we have to be there?” Taehyung looked at Jimin, deliberating if his answer is right.

“Seven thirty-ish? But I can’t pick you up since Hoseok hyung still needs me, would you mind going alone? I’ll wait for you by the front door.”

“Go alone?” Jimin shook his head, mouthing, “I’ll take you”

“Okay, just tell me the address,” Taehyung said and Jeongguk recited the address and promised to send it to him via message for good measure after the call.

“See you in about an hour, love.”

As soon as Taehyung hung up, Jimin yanked his friend up to his feet and throws the doors of his walk-in closet wide open. Clothes are color-coded, wrapped in plastic. Taehyung looks around, in awe as Jimin directed him to sit at the small chair right in front of a vanity mirror.

“what—”

Jimin shushed him up and browse through his array of clothes looking for the best outfit for Taehyung. He then spotted the gold-colored suit from Armani that he bought a few weeks ago and pulled it off its rack, placing it in front of his friend and then nods his head. Taehyung just stares up at Jimin in confusion and lets the latter styles his hair whichever way he wanted to.

“Jiminie, I don’t want to overdress. It’s just a family dinner.”

“Tae, you don’t understand. This is not just any family dinner. And the Jeon family is not just rich okay? They’re crazy rich. So, there’s no such thing as overdressed in this kind of occasion.” Jimin answered as he finished styling Taehyung’s hair. His blond hair is parted in the middle and curled on the tips.

Jimin then handed Taehyung a red-ruby earring and instructed him to wear it. After that he asked the latter to wear the suit, he had picked for him. Once Taehyung came out from the bathroom wearing the gold-colored suit, Jimin can’t help the gasp that escapes his mouth. Damn right, that gorgeous man is my best friend.

 

 

Taehyung soon found himself clutching his seat belt for dear life as Jimin drives like he’s in a fast & furious movie.